No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 5,185
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    00Heaven wrote: »
    As a woman, the period thing is too much. It's too obvious. Too shoehorned in. We get it. We have periods. We have them roughly every 28 days. Men don't but they sure as hell know about them. It's a natural bodily process. We don't need to draw all this attention to it. It is what it is. It's nothing special and no one gives a flying... you fill in the rest. A Bond movie isn't an education on menstruation and I really can't imagine a female 00 being that invested in it either.

I really hope that it was just written and didn't make the final cut.

Frustrating.

But don't you feel... "Represented?" :)

Guess this whole agenda thing doesn't work then does it?
    Of course i agree with you @00Heaven

But as Lashana says in her final Paragraph "we have to force the change so people have to get used to it."
    Which is so utterly cringy and stupid.
    No one has a Problem with black leads now, people have a Problem with race swapping historic characters for no other reason than to "force" something.

This film will fail if this is what they are pushing regardless of circumstances. The whole thing feels insulting especially the racist white people part leaves me turned off. The whole thing is forced for woke points make her 009 from Spectre and be done with it nope not good enough we need to make a statement and we don't care if we lose money is all I hear what an insult to fans. There is progression and then there is insults this is pure agenda insults.

SplendidCheerfulKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

You are talking about a film which none of us have seen, and wont see for the next 8 month. If you keep going like this you will have a heart attack (or multiple) before the film is even released.

Lashana can say anything she wants in interviews. In our wonderful democratic society, everyone has the right to express their opinions and look like an effing moron by doing so.

At the end of the day it is Barbara's and Michael's (and Craig's, he wanted it) Job to keep them all at bay and make a Bond film that the fans can appreciate. And i will judge it when it's out.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    As a woman, the period thing is too much. It's too obvious. Too shoehorned in. We get it. We have periods. We have them roughly every 28 days. Men don't but they sure as hell know about them. It's a natural bodily process. We don't need to draw all this attention to it. It is what it is. It's nothing special and no one gives a flying... you fill in the rest. A Bond movie isn't an education on menstruation and I really can't imagine a female 00 being that invested in it either.

Frustrating.

But as Lashana says in her final Paragraph "we have to force the change so people have to get used to it."
    No one has a Problem with black leads now, people have a Problem with race swapping historic characters for no other reason than to "force" something.

This film will fail if this is what they are pushing regardless of circumstances. The whole thing feels insulting especially the racist white people part leaves me turned off. The whole thing is forced for woke points make her 009 from Spectre and be done with it nope not good enough we need to make a statement and we don't care if we lose money is all I hear what an insult to fans. There is progression and then there is insults this is pure agenda insults.

Nah.
  • I am really hoping Bond will put Nomi in her place. :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The_Return wrote: »
    I am really hoping Bond will put Nomi in her place. :))

He will, and vice versa.
    The_Return wrote: »
    I am really hoping Bond will put Nomi in her place. :))

He will, and vice versa.

Most likely outcome. Until they realize that they are both tough and extremely reliable, and decide to put their personal differences aside and work together.
    What's with this rumor that NTTD was actually delayed due to poor test screenings? I wonder where this surfaced from?
    It's BS. This is the same studio that was fine releasing Spectre. So I highly doubt it.
    Daniel once said that EoN don't even do test screenings. The schedule is too tight for that.
    Good. Seeing this rumor on James Bond Television and a few other fan blogs.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 1,469
    Agree with 00Agent. Disagree totally with Lashana regarding Bond films. Do it in a different type of film if you want, and perhaps that's more what she meant in the interview. But I don't think anyone goes to a Bond film for major social change or to have a change "forced" on us, and that most of us go purely for entertainment and escapism, even to escape some of the current social climate.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Daniel once said that EoN don't even do test screenings. The schedule is too tight for that.

Spectre definitely had test screenings. Mendes commented on it.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126

Frustrating.

You are talking about a film which none of us have seen, and wont see for the next 8 month. If you keep going like this you will have a heart attack (or multiple) before the film is even released.

Lashana can say anything she wants in interviews. In our wonderful democratic society, everyone has the right to express their opinions and look like an effing moron by doing so.

At the end of the day it is Barbara's and Michael's (and Craig's, he wanted it) Job to keep them all at bay and make a Bond film that the fans can appreciate. And i will judge it when it's out.

@00Agent yeah I don't feel too easy when I hear this interview.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Mallory wrote: »

Spectre definitely had test screenings. Mendes commented on it.

Yes. Two previews, if I recall correctly.
    Interesting comments from Robert Wade he doesn't seem sure about the script. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/film/no-time-die-writer-makes-21651232.amp
    “For a woman, she is very witty.”

I’m not a PC policeman, but....
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Hopefully this means those 2 are done, I can't imagine Barbara will be happy about this at all.

Those comments give me the idea that Wade knows what he is saying so he doesn't care as he knows this is their last assignment with EON.
    Italy just effectively quarantined 10 million people. They were right to postpone. Who knows what might happen in the next few weeks
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    FoxRox wrote: »

He said it was a joke right after.
    Remington wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »

He said it was a joke right after.

I missed that. Still, I wonder why it was said at all?

Frustrating.

All you need to remember right now is that Lashana said in the TotalFilm interview: “Bond is going to be Bond no matter what happens” mirroring what Phobe said month back "Bond doesn't have to change, but the world around him does" or something to that effect.

Don't get worked up over every bit of information you see. Remember that Lashana is neither the writer, director or producer of this film, and any idea she might have needs to be approved by every body else, so let her talk. I don't see no Barbara Broccoli sitting next to her in that Vogue interview, enthusiastically nodding her head to everything that Lashana says, do you?

And to put a bit of a positive spin on it, just so we don't talk ourselves into a frenzy over this for the next months:

Lashana is a very opinionated and headstrong woman, with attitude in abundance, which makes it pretty clear why she was cast for this role. She is supposed to be a believable double 00 agent who can hold her own against the most confident cinematic hero out there. Makes perfect sense so far. And i said this before: She's kind of a modern Grace Jones, and if you weren't offended by her, there is no reason to go crazy yet.

I don't have to agree with her opinions, and no one is saying it will be reflected in her character either. I am sure many guys here would strongly disagree with Daniel Craig's political views, but they still can love his Bond.

Frustrating.

All you need to remember right now is that Lashana said in the TotalFilm interview: “Bond is going to be Bond no matter what happens” mirroring what Phobe said month back "Bond doesn't have to change, but the world around him does" or something to that effect.

Don't get worked up over every bit of information you see. Remember that Lashana is neither the writer, director or producer of this film, and any idea she might have needs to be approved by every body else, so let her talk. I don't see no Barbara Broccoli sitting next to her in that Vogue interview, enthusiastically nodding her head to everything that Lashana says, do you?

And to put a bit of a positive spin on it, just so we don't talk ourselves into a frenzy over this for the next months:

Lashana is a very opinionated and headstrong woman, with attitude in abundance, which makes it pretty clear why she was cast for this role. She is supposed to be a believable double 00 agent who can hold her own against the most confident cinematic hero out there. Makes perfect sense so far. And i said this before: She's kind of a modern Grace Jones, and if you weren't offended by her, there is no reason to go crazy yet.

I don't have to agree with her opinions, and no one is saying it will be reflected in her character either. I am sure many guys here would strongly disagree with Daniel Craig's political views, but they still can love his Bond.

I guess that's true I never heard her say that in the total film interview we should probably take this conversation to private messages. Grace Jones was a villain turned accomplice you suggesting the opposite accomplice turned villain anyway we should take this to private messages as you bring up good points @00Agent
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,861

Frustrating.

Weird how the one word ‘woke’ means I tend to disregard what a person says. It’s my failing really, but the rest of what I read here doesn’t make me think I would be wrong to do so.
    Thrasos wrote: »
    Agree with 00Agent. Disagree totally with Lashana regarding Bond films. Do it in a different type of film if you want, and perhaps that's more what she meant in the interview. But I don't think anyone goes to a Bond film for major social change or to have a change "forced" on us, and that most of us go purely for entertainment and escapism, even to escape some of the current social climate.

No not really: that’s how you create change- you put it in the most easily accessible media. When Bond started Fleming was proud of how it broke down the barriers of prudishness about sexuality; in its own small way Bond helped create some change in society towards a more healthy acceptance of the human condition. It seems wrong to refuse that it shouldn’t do more if the same. Something with an audience the size of this series would be irresponsible not to use it to make the world a better place: Bond fans want to watch the world being saved but not to actually do that themselves?
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 2,436
    [

TWINE definitely had test screenings, it's what made them decide to bring the boat chase into the PTS.
    That boat chase in TWINE was better than anything in Spectre.

The more we have to wait for NTTD the more I despise Spectre , and I used to love it.

People say the boat chase in QOS is the best. But I still haven't been able to properly see it.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Frustrating.

+1
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    What's with this rumor that NTTD was actually delayed due to poor test screenings? I wonder where this surfaced from?

That came from Midnight"s Edge and some unknown insider that just reached out to them, as they apparently are the oracle of films. So I wouldn't buy it.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    And so the conspiracy theories begin.
    I’m sure we’ll get plenty of ‘stories’ to keep us on our toes between now and November.
    The sales of salt are going to go through the roof.
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »

This same spot ran tonight during DC's appearance on SNL...but at the end it reads THANKSGIVING.

BTW: DC didn't look the least bit concerned on the show