• J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    mtm wrote: »
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Other studios have more properties they can rely on tbh. This the biggest property MGM and EON have, so to release the film in April and suffer such a big loss at the box office, while causing backlash with the film's contents, would be ill advised.

Yep that's why I say they have to play it safe now they have no choice now they burned all their get out of jail free cards. Now they have to do this to make just a profit.
    I don't really understand what you mean though? The film's done. As other people have mentioned, the only thing that's gonna change by November is some new bits of marketing, maybe one final edit which won't change much and maybe some music changes but nothing drastic that'll effect characters or story.

I mean they painted themselves in such a corner they can't risk anything even if it came out in April people could have claimed back when they did push it to April only because of box office and it turns out it wasn't we simply don't know what is going on behind the scenes. But it seems strange why they would wait so long I know it's a bad virus and the film is done but that doesn't mean they are totally satisfied and can't change who knows what they will change or won't we know nothing at this point. We will only know the final product and after the film is out.

Maybe because the time frame for a big summer release were already packed, soi they could not or did not want to squeeze this movie in with bigger competion at the box office? Release dates are not decided randomly and on short notice.

I know that. What's going on in the summer slot besides top gun and wonder woman and ff9?

Perhaps IMAX had something to do with that schedule too.

Good point: I imagine the IMAX screens can be tough to book..?

That's what I was thinking why they might have not just gone with a couple of months into the summer.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »
    To put some humor to a bad situation I think this video is brilliant

:)) This...is an awesome video.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Anybody?

89307877_10218276650519921_4778839415373955072_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=FTCfbNaoBQQAX_-lEMc&_nc_ht=scontent-mad1-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=d71b75454fd2e6b842f6ef257ba95c46&oe=5E91086D
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    These new articles that have surfaced claiming Craig is telling the marketers not to call NTTD his finale is beyond contradictory. Don't get me wrong, I'd be the first to jump with joy if he does B26, but he's been saying from the get-go that this is it for him. Can't see it happening, the tabloids are out of their minds.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    These new articles that have surfaced claiming Craig is telling the marketers not to call NTTD his finale is beyond contradictory. Don't get me wrong, I'd be the first to jump with joy if he does B26, but he's been saying from the get-go that this is it for him. Can't see it happening, the tabloids are out of their minds.

They'll never learn, brother. 8-|
    This thread will reach a thousand pages.

noo 1 million pages
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Just a line to thank @Contraband 's work again. You're the man.

@ggl007 Yes I man :P

Thanks..
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Box-office wise, BAD BOYS FOR LIFE must be feeling grateful at the moment.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 1,261
    ertert wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    NTTD released on streaming services???? Can’t see it happening.

If the virus/economic outlook isn't better by November, which by every indication it will not be...what other options would they have? Delay until 2021-2022?

If by then they did not manage to handle this and managed to get rid off/control the virus, you and us might not be able to watch the movie, because then most of us will be definitely dead...
    Contraband wrote: »
    shamelord wrote: »
    Let's go back to the thread topic, shall we?

Stunt team:
    Far left - Oliver Schneider, supervising stunt coordinator
    Second from right - Jean-Charles Rousseau, one of Craigs stunt-doubles (all the stuntwork in Jamaica).
    Asian guy - Patrick Vo, fight choreographer

The remaing two I do not know but I'm sure you guys do?

ZUOLF8H.jpg

This photo was taken the day I did an interview with the team. All very nice guys. A very pleasing day for everyone.
    So from left to right:
    Olivier Schneider, supervising stunt coordinator
    Yves Girard, 2nd Unit stunt coordinator
    Jean-Charles Rousseau, DC's main stunt-double (it's him you see under the sparks in Cuba in the Fukunaga video)
    Patrick Vo, fight arranger
    Gregory Loffredo, Assistant fight arranger

They will be featured in the next Le Bond magazine from Club James Bond France.
    https://jamesbond007.net/le-bond/
    https://jamesbond007.net/produit/adherer-au-club/#
    Great luxury magazines in French that have been produced for a couple of decades now.
    Recently we have been interviewing George Lazenby, Ola Rapace, Götz Otto, John Glen and many more.

lcb2fVa.jpg

@shamelord Thanks for all the info. Super!!!

BTW: I have, as a crew member, worked with Ola Rapace when he played a police in swedish crime movie series Wallander (13 movies) back in 2004-2006

Also worked with Britt Ekland and Isabella Scorupco for those who cares.

Wallander is great. You should give us the references!
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    It would make no sense for the marketing to have a world premiere at a film festival more than a month before release. They couldn’t build on the event with such a gap.

They absolutely could.

I think EON are very confident in what the film ultimately ended up as, so I'm sure having some positive reviews float on social media for a month before release would generate some much needed good will for the film.

It would be a win win, if they found the right slot at the right festival. The Royal World Premiere (which would still be called as such) could be even more extravagant with the critical pressure taken off.

And, to further the point I noted above, most of these festivals are frequented (and jurored!) by Academy members; more than would attend the Royal Premiere for sure. If you're the type who wants Bond to be in the Oscar race in some capacity, for categories other than song, this would be a great opportunity to get the film on people's minds.

Premiering a film at a festival means that it's a public screening, with zero NDA on reviews, including the entire plot. Especially in those times where it takes a few seconds to share details all over the world, they don't want their ending to be known more than a month in advance. Having a world premiere later, in front of an audience they've been able to select, who gets some VIP treatment and is more likely to glow over the film without giving any key detail or spot-on criticism on its flaws is much more comfortable to them.

Then, with what would they fill the gap during an entire month and a half, between the end of September and the middle of November? EON had played all their cards until Wednesday for an April 3 (or 10) release. They can't reveal the song anymore, they can't prepare too many new spots as it could be too much of a spoiler, they don't have a lot of tricks left in the bag. And there will be the election in the US that is sure to get much more attention worldwide.

The prime goal is not to get Oscars for No Time to Die, it is to get decent box-office, in the middle of a very busy month, while bringing the film back in the minds at the right moment. End of September is too early to reignite the spark and to maintain it, mostly because their promo strategy wasn't originally built around this idea and they don't have many surprises that could come week after week until the actual release.
    Zekidk wrote: »

Oh sure, and let's not forget that the Bond girls women this time are strong independant women who can finally stand on their own.

I would suggest this is nothing new...Fiona Volpe, Pussy Galore, Tracey could all stand on 5heir own
    To put some humor to a bad situation I think this video is brilliant
    Haha. I particularly like the line, "Only bad wether would delay him" :-)).
    It would make no sense for the marketing to have a world premiere at a film festival more than a month before release. They couldn’t build on the event with such a gap.

They absolutely could.

I think EON are very confident in what the film ultimately ended up as, so I'm sure having some positive reviews float on social media for a month before release would generate some much needed good will for the film.

It would be a win win, if they found the right slot at the right festival. The Royal World Premiere (which would still be called as such) could be even more extravagant with the critical pressure taken off.

And, to further the point I noted above, most of these festivals are frequented (and jurored!) by Academy members; more than would attend the Royal Premiere for sure. If you're the type who wants Bond to be in the Oscar race in some capacity, for categories other than song, this would be a great opportunity to get the film on people's minds.

Premiering a film at a festival means that it's a public screening, with zero NDA on reviews, including the entire plot. Especially in those times where it takes a few seconds to share details all over the world, they don't want their ending to be known more than a month in advance. Having a world premiere later, in front of an audience they've been able to select, who gets some VIP treatment and is more likely to glow over the film without giving any key detail or spot-on criticism on its flaws is much more comfortable to them.

Then, with what would they fill the gap during an entire month and a half, between the end of September and the middle of November? EON had played all their cards until Wednesday for an April 3 (or 10) release. They can't reveal the song anymore, they can't prepare too many new spots as it could be too much of a spoiler, they don't have a lot of tricks left in the bag. And there will be the election in the US that is sure to get much more attention worldwide.

The prime goal is not to get Oscars for No Time to Die, it is to get decent box-office, in the middle of a very busy month, while bringing the film back in the minds at the right moment. End of September is too early to reignite the spark and to maintain it, mostly because their promo strategy wasn't originally built around this idea and they don't have many surprises that could come week after week until the actual release.

As I said, other films have been able to do this just fine - by screening at multiple festivals, generating positive word of mouth through reviews coming from each of these, leading in to release. The idea of a festival run really is underpinned by two assumptions though - that the film will get positive reviews and that spoilers won't be a problem here.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

They absolutely could.

I disagree EON barely marketed this film at all, they still haven't released a lot of behind the scenes footage properly as much as the last two bond film's, they can still release Music video like Sam Smith with Billie, some new posters won't spoil anything.
    It´s kind of a strange irony that the people who complained that the marketing for the film started too closely before release now got what they asked for.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    antovolk wrote: »

They absolutely could.

As I said, other films have been able to do this just fine - by screening at multiple festivals, generating positive word of mouth through reviews coming from each of these, leading in to release. The idea of a festival run really is underpinned by two assumptions though - that the film will get positive reviews and that spoilers won't be a problem here.

Exactly.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    boldfinger wrote: »
    It´s kind of a strange irony that the people who complained that the marketing for the film started too closely before release now got what they asked for.

Not really, as the excessive marketing will now stop, take a break and return closer to the film. ;) The 007 Twitter account retweeted the promo clips for Craig hosting SNL (as that appearance couldn't be cancelled in time), but I bet that come next week, the only thing we'll see from that account in the coming months are Skyfall and Spectre clips and more Focuses of the Week™. It holds true for some third parties, however: Swatch is selling their Q watch and Nokia's campaign is ready to launch on the 8th. I'm curious if Heineken will now pull those beer cans with the Bond silhouette and revert back to standard ones until September...

But in hindsight, it's curious a new tv spot aired a day before the cancellation. This probably means MGM/Universal only communicated with tv stations and cinemas about the delay that very morning of the announcement.
    Not that I’m happy about it, but in light of the SXSW festival cancellation I hope people understand that NTTD’s delayed release was absolutely necessary. NTTD would have unnecessarily suffered at the box office.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Burgess wrote: »
    Not that I’m happy about it, but in light of the SXSW festival cancellation I hope people understand that NTTD’s delayed release was absolutely necessary. NTTD would have unnecessarily suffered at the box office.

agreed
  • The only good thing to come out of the delay is the rumour that Dan Craig is considering a return for B26. Irreplaceable
  • Garth007Garth007 Missouri, USA
    The only good thing to come out of the delay is the rumour that Dan Craig is considering a return for B26. Irreplaceable

I really doubt tho he is returning. Especially if they crafted a definitive ending for his bond but key word is IF...
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Hahaha

• silva13silva13 Australia
    Safin looking creepy as ever. Love the idea of him being from a large chemical/ pharmaceutical company. Unfortunately just bad timing, life imitating art.
    the green long coat that Safin is wearing, is that the same one 007 is wearing when Nomi picks him up roadside?
    The only good thing to come out of the delay is the rumour that Dan Craig is considering a return for B26. Irreplaceable

Could happen....

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_dec18_wilson_on_craig.php3
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    echo wrote: »
    They still have time to retitle the film to:

We Have All The Time in the World

WHATTITW ?!?
    Hahaha

That was the only thing that could have made up for the delay. Thank you Mr. Craig! 8-} :D

+1. For those unfamiliar with SXSW, it is a huge music/movie March media event in Austin, Texas. Today’s cancellation decision is huge, and it makes EON look decisive in making a very hard and early decision that enabled them to lock in IMAX screens in their preferred delayed timeline. Other studios are delaying their decision to ”wait and see” and will likely pay dearly in the pileup for postponement dates. This virus is not contained in the US. Every hour brings more bad news. Panic and fear will kill BO as badly as any mass theater closings.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,548
    EON might come out of this looking very smart. They got ahead of this and got to pick their date. Other blockbusters, if they wait too long, will be backing themselves into a corner.
    Univex wrote: »
    Hahaha

That was the only thing that could have made up for the delay. Thank you Mr. Craig! 8-} :D

I can imagine his SNL opening monologue:

DC: When hosting a show like this, I get very busy,. There are skits to learn, lines to memorize. I get so absorbed that I sleep here at the studio and have no time to even check my messages. I don't think I've checked in with anyone all week.

Aidy Bryant joins him on stage...

DC: Oh, hi Aidy. What's going on?

AB: Daniel, I am a little concerned.

DC: About?

AB: I think you really ought to check your messages.

DC: But I'm working. I'll check them after the show.

AB: No, I think you really ought to check them right now. We all thought you were in denial all week. Now I see that you just don't know yet.

DC: Know what?

AB: Just go ahead.

DC: Um, OK (Pulls out his cell phone and looks). Oh. 562 unread messages. Oh dear. 276 voice mails?

AB: You need to look at those, Daniel.

A look of horror appears on his face.

DC: Oh, I see I have missed some news.
    smitty wrote: »

+1. For those unfamiliar with SXSW, it is a huge music/movie March media event in Austin, Texas. Today’s cancellation decision is huge, and it makes EON look decisive in making a very hard and early decision that enabled them to lock in IMAX screens in their preferred delayed timeline. Other studios are delaying their decision to ”wait and see” and will likely pay dearly in the pileup for postponement dates. This virus is not contained in the US. Every hour brings more bad news. Panic and fear will kill BO as badly as any mass theater closings.

Plus, NTTD got a prime Thanksgiving release. With unmatched competition through the end of the year, it’ll clean up.