Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    antovolk wrote: »
    Final trailer for Death Stranding:

I keep hearing about how this is "spoiler filled", and yet I feel like I know even less about the game than I did before. I can't wait for this damn game.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2019 Posts: 13,882
    As we don't have a general topic for game, i'll post this here.

I watched DarkSydePhill (via DarkNydeDante's restream) fail his way through Bioshock: Infinite, and I liked what I saw (the game, not the footage). It occured to me that I have never played the Bioshock games. But having looked into them, I can buy all 3 in one handy package (with dlc's included). Has anyone played them, and is there anything I need to know going in, such as is there an order to playing them?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/01/first_yakuza_like_a_dragon_review_is_incredibly_positive

I'm still concerned about the switch to turn based combat. I really don't see how that can work for this series.
    so do we think the following franchises will ever get another game?

James Bond
    Batman
    Splinter Cell
    Tenchu

or are they all dead now?
    Risico007 wrote: »

James Bond
    Batman
    Splinter Cell
    Tenchu

Isn't there a new Batman on the way? I'm sure I read something about Kevin Conroy not being brought back. Not sure about Tenchu. But as far as I can tell, both Bond and Splinter Cell are both dead.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

James Bond
    Batman
    Splinter Cell
    Tenchu

Isn't there a new Batman on the way? I'm sure I read something about Kevin Conroy not being brought back. Not sure about Tenchu. But as far as I can tell, both Bond and Splinter Cell are both dead.

The next Batman game is from WB Games and not Rocksteady, it'll probably be a sequel to Arkham Origins.

James Bond
    Batman
    Splinter Cell
    Tenchu

The next Batman game is from WB Games and not Rocksteady, it'll probably be a sequel to Arkham Origins.

I thought that I had read something about a new Batman game. Thank you.

James Bond
    Batman
    Splinter Cell
    Tenchu

In terms of batman the next batman game in the Arkham series a new game has been rumored since 2016 so yeah color me slightly skeptical and that is with the recent release of yet another new logo from wb montreal

Splinter Cell has been rumored since 2018 as well, the rumored title is Splinter Cell 5th Freedom but again nothing too concrete

Tenchu is dead as far as I know

as for James Bond there was the rumored 2018 telltale game called Solstice that vanished as quickly as it came up (I still feel there was more to that rumor then meets the eye)

I know I am answering my own post but hey to be brutually honest if we get at E3

James Bond 007 Solstice an interactive game from Telltale (who I believe is still around now)

Batman Arkham Court from WB Montreal

and

Splinter Cell 5th Freedom from Ubisoft

I would be more then happy to shell over cash for an Xbox Series X skipping the X box one alltogether

It looks bonkers. ^:)^
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/02/frogwares_teases_more_sherlock_holmes_after_relisting_of_crimes_and_punishments

I have enjoyed all three Sherlock games that have come to consoles, and look forward to more.
  • WhyBondWhyBond USA
    I rarely play video games but this generation has been a missed opportunity for 007 licensed games given the superb technology we have.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    I just don't see a great way to even make a Bond game. Some of them have been fun to play, but 007 invariably mows down hundreds of people by the end, and it never feels much like Bond.

If they'd go a different route, and make it a bit like Deus Ex Human Revolution, maybe they'd have something...
    I just don't see a great way to even make a Bond game. Some of them have been fun to play, but 007 invariably mows down hundreds of people by the end, and it never feels much like Bond.

If they'd go a different route, and make it a bit like Deus Ex Human Revolution, maybe they'd have something...

Yes, I like your way of thinking. A Bond game in the vein of Deus-Ex would be very interesting. Heavy emphasis on interaction with NPC's to gain intel would be a unique twist on Bond games. The world could be split into hubs, each with a station agent who could provide intel on what is going on in the area.
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada

Yes, I like your way of thinking. A Bond game in the vein of Deus-Ex would be very interesting. Heavy emphasis on interaction with NPC's to gain intel would be a unique twist on Bond games. The world could be split into hubs, each with a station agent who could provide intel on what is going on in the area.

I always thought a mix of Deus Ex, Hitman and Uncharted would make for a great Bond game. Developers tend to focus on the action, women, guns and explosions while ignoring the detective elements of the character.

It's a shame considering the success of stuff like the Batman: Arkham series, Spider-Man and Star Wars Jedi, it's obvious that with the right team and budget that Bond could be just as viable in the video game space.

But unfortunately EON had a bad experience with Activision and their lackluster games and sales and now we won't get any more Bond games.
    Agent_47 wrote: »

I always thought a mix of Deus Ex, Hitman and Uncharted would make for a great Bond game. Developers tend to focus on the action, women, guns and explosions while ignoring the detective elements of the character.

It's a shame considering the success of stuff like the Batman: Arkham series, Spider-Man and Star Wars Jedi, it's obvious that with the right team and budget that Bond could be just as viable in the video game space.

But unfortunately EON had a bad experience with Activision and their lackluster games and sales and now we won't get any more Bond games.

That's it in a nutshell, I think. The licence was badly misused with Activision. Blood Stone was their best effort. It had the best driving of any Bond game (especially that final chase), but the on foot segments were so underwhelming imo.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 13,882
    New overhaul for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint due later this month:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/03/ghost_recon_breakpoints_new_immersive_mode_removes_gear_score_and_much_more

I have gotten used to the Gear Score system, but I like the option to personalise the gameplay to suit me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/03/ghost_recon_breakpoints_new_immersive_mode_removes_gear_score_and_much_more

I have gotten used to the Gear Score system, but I like the option to personalise the gameplay to suit me.

I sunk maybe 15-20 minutes into the beta before turning it off. Those Ghost Recon games just don't do it for me at all. Plus, it's Ubisoft, some of the buggiest games upon release.

I've been going through trying to grab missing trophies/Platinums on previously played titles lately and it's been a lot of fun. Working on 100% for the DLC trophies for the awful Mafia 3 then moving on to one of the other countless games I've bought lately.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 13,882
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I sunk maybe 15-20 minutes into the beta before turning it off. Those Ghost Recon games just don't do it for me at all. Plus, it's Ubisoft, some of the buggiest games upon release.

I've been going through trying to grab missing trophies/Platinums on previously played titles lately and it's been a lot of fun. Working on 100% for the DLC trophies for the awful Mafia 3 then moving on to one of the other countless games I've bought lately.

I'll admit that the running is still gimpy looking (which it was in the Beta), but other than that, i'm having a blast with it. I never tire of flying over the objective area, then parachuting in, imaging 'Exercise On Gibralter' playing. Especially in cop-op. :))
    'Exercise at Gibraltar' is an incredible choice for parachuting in to an enemy location, Major. Love that track so much.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sadly, E3 2020 is the latest cancelled event due to the coronavirus situation.
    Sadly, E3 2020 is the latest cancelled event due to the coronavirus situation.

Shurgs considering I could care less about most of the games that have been coming out late
    edited March 2020 Posts: 40,372
    No surprise there. First cancellation in its 26 year history (or whatever it was).

EDIT: Seems Ubisoft and E3 are as a whole are looking to do a digital conference this year instead, so perhaps it'll keep the date and unveil all of the announcements and whatnot online instead.
    Can't say i'm upset, there wasn't going to be anything there to take my fancy anyway. Not unless there were going to be some big surprises.
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/03/instead_of_a_new_splinter_cell_game_ubisoft_forces_sam_fisher_into_ghost_recon_once_again

Oh Ubisoft... what can I say? I really am enjoying Breakpoint, but when it comes to Splinter Cell, fans want a new game, not cameo appearances from Sam Fisher in the Ghost Recon series.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2020 Posts: 15,686
    a8aae0ebf20249125fef459788c89da2.png

What an awesome publicity for esports this is. Due most sporting events postponed/cancelled around the world, many pro athletes have decided to create various esports championships as a replacement. In the screenshot above you can see four actual Formula 1 drivers streaming a virtual F1 Grand Prix on twitch. Even older drivers have taken on the esports bug, including former world champions like Jenson Button and Emerson Fittipaldi.

Pro athletes who have participated in online racing competitions this past month include: Charles Leclerc (current F1 driver), Max Verstappen (current F1 driver), George Russell (current F1 driver), Alex Albon (current F1 driver), Nicholas Latifi (current F1 driver), Jenson Button (2009 F1 World Champion), Rubens Barrichello (F1 driver 1993-2011), Mick Schumacher (son of Michael), Emerson Fittipaldi (1972 & 1974 F1 World Champion), Juan Pablo Montoya (F1 driver 2001-2006), Jan Magnussen (F1 driver 1995-1998), Thibault Courtois (Real Madrid goal keeper), Johnny Herbert (F1 driver 1989-2000).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Definate purchase for me.
    I see Crysis is getting another remaster. Will likely check it out, I loved the previous remaster I played on the 360, I believe.

Definate purchase for me.

Mud Runner was a good games (I loved the mud physics), Snow Runner is definitely on my list to buy at some point.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla trailer

I still have not finished Origins.