No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Somehow or some way I hope the current producers never handle the release of a Bond film again. If they really drastically change the story because it has virus elements with the villain, that would complete the foolishness. Honestly I’m kind of hoping it just leaks so we can finally know the story and not have to worry about an impending 100th delay.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    This sucks. Other movies should follow suit too.. No? Black Widow for instance is due in April as well. What if the situation is the same or worse come November? Delayed again till April 2021? So frustrating. Was looking forward to the movie in April after waiting so long for it..
    Eon gave Craig too much control and that’s part of the reason we’re in this situation.

He apparently had a verbal agreement to do a 5th and they should’ve had the film out November 2019

They had all of 2016 , 17, and 18 to get a script and director ready to go.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,816
    With the news of the postponement of NTTD it is disappointing I know.
    We were all looking forward too seeing the film in about a month from now (or less).
    However, this is not a time or excuse to lash out at each other, or for racist outbursts because you're annoyed at the situation.
    It's happened, it's not going to change. We're all feeling the same way, don't take it out on each other, and risk getting a warning.
    The film will still be released. Just a little bit longer than we'd hoped.
    From the time Craig became Bond in 2005, to when he leaves in November 2020 I keep thinking what could have been with all this time he was Bond. I defiantly feel he could have done another movie in this time. Maybe 2.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I hope spoilers don’t leak out on the web between now & Nov.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I hope spoilers don’t leak out on the web between now & Nov.

Or the whole film
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Univex wrote: »
    What will they do until November? More trailers? Photos? Will the appearances in talk shows be delayed? Will they let it slide into oblivion and the pick it up by the end of Summer? Will they redo the posters with the new date? How will they keep the marketing machine working for the next 8 months? Will the new trailer still be released next Monday?

And what about films like Top Gun: Maverick? Will they do the same thing? I mean, MI:7's filming was canceled in Venice just the other day. How will this affect the cinema industry this year?

All good and yet to be answered questions, right?

Though not everything can be answered yet, some of it can, @Univex!

The public promotion seems to be delayed too. Craig will still host SNL (though that wasn’t a Bond promo talk to begin with), but his appearance on Jimmy Fallon has been cancelled. Currently there’s no word on if the Graham Norton show appearance has been cancelled too.

The rumours seem to indicate that the Internet promotion and marketing will indeed lay low for a while and will need to regroup come summer. Not sure if they’d keep the same posters, as new ones would generate more buzz in summer than just seeing the old ones with a new date. It’s been suggested that keeping the marketing machine up and running until November would be too costly. I guess we’ll see in the coming weeks, but I wouldn’t be surprised if The Focus Of The Week turns up again at 007.com instead of anything NTTD related.

As for the other movies, Bond is (so far) the only one to pull out. Disney stated they intend to release Mulan as planned in the US, with certain international markets getting a release at a (not determined yet) later date. The animated film Trolls 2 even took their chances and took NTTD’s former spot in April. The other studios are apparently willing to wait a bit longer, but I suspect some of them (Top Gun: Maverick, Furious 9) might move eventually. That one is truly too early to predict.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 832
    Yea I burnt out from waiting for this one in like summer 2019. I'll see yall in November. Gonna go watch some lald.
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    Bittersweet day. My trip to London in early April is now worthless because of the delay, but I did get my first tattoo today, the gunbarrel:

• Benny wrote: »
    With the news of the postponement of NTTD it is disappointing I know.
    We were all looking forward too seeing the film in about a month from now (or less).
    However, this is not a time or excuse to lash out at each other, or for racist outbursts because you're annoyed at the situation.
    It's happened, it's not going to change. We're all feeling the same way, don't take it out on each other, and risk getting a warning.
    The film will still be released. Just a little bit longer than we'd hoped.

Completely agree. And completely understand why the decision was made. Hopefully, in the interests of not lashing out, I may get unblocked from the MI6 Twitter account for disagreeing with the open letter. Just watched the Being James Bond video on YouTube. My sentiments on the open letter completely tally with the view expressed there - i.e. totally respect why the letter was written but did not and do not concur.
  • Calvin's take on the delay for those who enjoy his channel:
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,157
    Benny wrote: »
    The film will still be released.

ot1gft8xms411.png

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if something made them scrap it. Like a fire burns all their backup servers or soemthing
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    What are the odds that the release date gets pushed up? After all, this isn't a postponement because the film isn't ready. The film is ready; the world is not. When the world becomes ready, what keeps them from saying "this wasn't as bad as we thought, let's put out a release date two months from now".

After all, November is a shot in the dark. They have no idea when people will be ready and able to pack the theaters. If the scare blows over in a couple months, quarantines are lifted, public venues are deemed safe, they might just go ahead and make a release date for the short future at that point.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    robcope wrote: »
    Bittersweet day. My trip to London in early April is now worthless because of the delay, but I did get my first tattoo today, the gunbarrel:

@robcope how long did that take? I'm going to get that on my shoulder.
  • mrlynxmrlynx Maine
    CW: Mental Illness, Self Harm

It’s said that Warren Zevon pushed to fight his cancer so he could see the next Bond film. He succeeded before succumbing to his illness. (That film was DAD, but I hope he enjoyed it!)
    I’ve had a similar push throughout my struggles with mental illness these past few years. When I had suicidal thoughts or impulses, the thought of missing the next Bond was a strong reason to keep trying at life, especially when my mind convinced me that my wife, friends, and family didn’t care. I’ve seen steady improvement since December, and saw NTTD as a sort of beacon, a “you made it!”.
    As you may know or may not know, we Americans are having an election this year, and I’m pretty jaded about the outcome regardless of whether Trump is out. NTTD was the spring event that I really needed as I waded through this political anxiety, work burnout, a friend having cancer, and maintaining my own stability.
    I feared today’s announcement and was actually surprised that it happened; I figured the machine had gained too much momentum.
    Pragmatically, I get it. Besides the financial worries from the studio, it must be acknowledged that James Bond is globally beloved. The folks at EON strike me as a sentimental bunch who see how this awful virus would hinder fans like us who are living in China, South Korea, Italy, Japan, Iran and many other affected areas from enjoying the bombastic event that is a James Bond release. And frankly, this is the first year since SPECTRE where there isn’t a Star Wars movie to take the box from Bond after 2 weeks, NTTD will clean up.
    So as I continue my own personal recovery as we face an uncertain future in our US government’s stability and an election that will surely be a mess, I can rest assured knowing that when it’s over, James Bond will at least be on the silver screen, saving the world.
    Cheers
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    robcope wrote: »

That's a very good one, @robcope.

There should be some type discussion thread to collect those.

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/3982/bond-related-tattoos
    A whole Star Wars trilogy was released since Spectre came out.

It’ll be nearly a year until we see NTTD.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    edited March 2020 Posts: 371
    Hate to say it but.. my year has been ruined because of Bond.. again.

The thought of watching the new Bond film in April got me going for months. I feel cheated at this point.
  • mrlynxmrlynx Maine
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    A whole Star Wars trilogy was released since Spectre came out.

It’ll be nearly a year until we see NTTD.

Not to mention 2 additional Star Wars movies and a juggernaut of Marvel! Talk about over saturated. Bond may be a franchise but it’s not a sausage machine. (In the film producing sense 😝)
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126
    im late to the party wow im shocked just when i go off the grid and take a forum vacation
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 386
    1. EON would’ve had the best advice from economic and health sectors. They are clearly banking on a flattening of global impact by the end of the northern fall. I can see the logic of the decision even if I don’t necessarily agree with it.

2. One can’t help but feel that the unfortunate situation sharply exacerbates EON’s heel-dragging over the past 6-7 years. If they’d gone with a tighter, leaner schedule of lower budget vehicles every two/three years after QoS (similar to 1981-1989, 1995-1999, 2006-2008) I feel that the current, crushing financial pressure might well be significantly alleviated and a delay wouldn’t have been considered necessary.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Makes perfect sense to move the release date, other films are likely to do the same.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    If people think this is bad (and it's not ideal, obviously), imagine the conversations Disney are having about MULAN right now.
    i wonder if the film will be different.
    Well, now there's plenty of time to record a new theme song. Maybe stick Eilish's effort on the end credits?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Well, now there's plenty of time to record a new theme song. Maybe stick Eilish's effort on the end credits?

Yes please.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126
    so Bond 26 will be in 2026 or 2027? maybe they should just scrap and start over. it be insane but this film has already has gone through insane things.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT

it is just few steps from "the kings arms" where we had a shot of in the trailer with the Aston Martin V8 Vantage turning in speed.