NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

Love some of the shots and action in the new spot, but I stopped watching after Bond took down the guy on the bike. I've seen enough now and will try to avoid any new trailers or footage from now on.

I’m with you. They’ve already shown us so much! Bring on the film!

:(
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2020 Posts: 15,686
    Will we get a 2nd full trailer now that NTTD doesn't come out until November? Perhaps in July/August with Top Gun or Tenet?
    I think the theme song works extremely well. I like the overall tone of the film's balance between realistic thriller and larger than life (Adam's) sets and action.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Convenient timing
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Walecs wrote: »
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    I’m so sick and tired of this “him”, “you” debate. Seriously, it’s already been debunked what it is, and people who are so insistent that it’s “you” are just hearing what they want to hear. At this point, just wait until the movie comes out to make a definitive choice as to what it is.

Oh yeah, EON are hearing what they want to hear. Who knows why they made Blofeld say "him" if they want to hear "you". Maybe they're psychotic.

What on earth and condescension are you talking about? Also, interesting straw man fallacy you have there.

Yeah a man cannot help his accent. What people will complain about these days.

Seriously. Eh, I’ve moved on from it. Now I sit patiently and await NTTD to hit theaters. I’ll be sure to bring a gallon of hand sanitizer.

How convenient, you dropped the debate when you realized you were wrong

It’s called taking the high road, dude. I’ve got bigger things to worry about but apparently you don’t, because you’re still harping on it. Do you need more of my attention?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,861

antovolk wrote: »
    Convenient timing

Quite apt that she says to James Bond:
    “You’re late”

:D
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    ertert wrote: »
    Love some of the shots and action in the new spot, but I stopped watching after Bond took down the guy on the bike. I've seen enough now and will try to avoid any new trailers or footage from now on.

I’m with you. They’ve already shown us so much! Bring on the film!

:(

Haha perfect timing
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,157
    I’ve got bigger things to worry about but apparently you don’t

I do. I'm an environmentalist vegan. So please do not use the fallacy of relative privation with me.
    Convenient timing

Certainly hard to be very excited anymore when I realized there’s a decent chance I may never even get to see the film.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 97
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Convenient timing

Certainly hard to be very excited anymore when I realized there’s a decent chance I may never even get to see the film.

It's very sad that there is a possibility that some Bond fans will die because of the coronavirus between now and November. :(
    The_Return wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Convenient timing

It's very sad that there is a possibility that some Bond fans will die because of the coronavirus between now and November. :(

I know right? Especially if they have to delay it AGAIN due to the virus still lingering in November.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    I’ve got bigger things to worry about but apparently you don’t

I do. I'm an environmentalist vegan. So please do not use the fallacy of relative privation with me.

Good for you! *slow clap*
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Guys is basically a flu. Unknown, yes, but still a flu. It’s more dangerous if you’re over 60/70 but it’s not Ebola we’re talking about. It’s 1000% more likely to lose a job because of the virus backlash then actually dying. XD
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    that trailer on Monday... its not coming I guess right?
    matt_u wrote: »
    Guys is basically a flu. Unknown, yes, but still a flu. It’s more dangerous if you’re over 60/70 but it’s not Ebola we’re talking about. It’s 1000% more likely to lose a job because of the virus backlash then actually dying. XD

It's at least 20x more deadly than the flu. Yes most cases are mild but the rate the infection is spreading compared to the number of available hospital beds in most countries means this thing could easily cripple healthcare and economic systems. This virus is no joke.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

It's at least 20x more deadly than the flu. Yes most cases are mild but the rate the infection is spreading compared to the number of available hospital beds in most countries means this thing could easily cripple healthcare and economic systems. This virus is no joke.

Under 39 the coronavirus is deadly in 0.2% cases. On the other hand what you’re saying about the nationals healthcare collapsing is true and it’s one of the major issues if not the most critical. I’m quite worried about the US where having a test will cost more than 3000,00 dollars in some cases. Last year in Italy more than 8000 people died because of the seasonal flu... sometimes even more then 100.000. I’d suggest just to take reasonable precautions without losing control.

It's at least 20x more deadly than the flu. Yes most cases are mild but the rate the infection is spreading compared to the number of available hospital beds in most countries means this thing could easily cripple healthcare and economic systems. T
    The fact is that this is not a pandemic with a factor 2 spreadrate every day. For several weeks the number of newly infected has been around 2000 every day globally, with almost most people recovering after 14 days. In China it's declining. So I am not buying into all the "let's panic" hysteria. It could easily be all over in a month, and then what? Still a November release date?
    Zekidk wrote: »

It's at least 20x more deadly than the flu. Yes most cases are mild but the rate the infection is spreading compared to the number of available hospital beds in most countries means this thing could easily cripple healthcare and economic systems. T
    The fact is that this is not a pandemic with a factor 2 spreadrate every day. For several weeks the number of newly infected has been around 2000 every day globally, with almost most people recovering after 14 days. In China it's declining. So I am not buying into all the "let's panic" hysteria. It could easily be all over in a month, and then what? Still a November release date?

I'm not panicking myself but I'm more concerned about the economic fallout, shortages of goods in stores and pharmacies, getting mildly sick myself but then infecting an elderly family member, etc.

This is just a terrible situation all around and I really wish there was an alternative to a November release which also seems tenuous at best to me.
    It could easily be all over in a month, and then what? Still a November release date?

It could, and for several reasons. So do you think they'd release it sooner if that were to be the case? Maybe during the Summer? Here's hoping.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    They’ve moved it: it’s done.
    Univex wrote: »
    It could easily be all over in a month, and then what? Still a November release date?

It could, and for several reasons. So do you think they'd release it sooner if that were to be the case? Maybe during the Summer? Here's hoping.

No. The news are in. And the headlines and official release don't read "Postponed to later this year", but a specific date in November flu season. Kind of stupid. I could easily accept a "pushed back a couple of months, stay tuned for further notice"-release. But this? That's overreacting I think.
    mtm wrote: »

Yes, even if a new vaccine could stop the virus on its tracks, it would only be widely available by next year. And with that spreadrate, I don't see things easing down, even in November. Even then, there will probably more cases, more deaths, a statistical growth on all pathological fronts, with new strains and mutations and new healthcare measures imposed by governments and agencies around the globe. And tuning down the panic will not be an easy thing to do this year. The snowball started to roll and it will take a lot of sun to melt it down faster than it grows while going downhill. Panic like this will certainly take a toll on minds, bodies, and in the almost sure by now economical fallout.
    mtm wrote: »

Yes, even if a new vaccine could stop the virus on its tracks, it would only be widely available by next year. And with that spreadrate, I don't see things easing down, even in November. Even then, there will probably more cases, more deaths, a statistical growth on all pathological fronts, with new strains and mutations and new healthcare measures imposed by governments and agencies around the globe. And tuning down the panic will not be an easy thing to do this year. The snowball started to roll and it will take a lot of sun to melt it down faster than it grows while going downhill. Panic like this will certainly take a toll on minds, bodies, and in the almost sure by now economical fallout.

Exactly. November almost seems too soon if they're worried about economic fallout from the virus. I am preparing myself for a further delay to 2021 or later. Seems entirely plausible at this point.
    They can’t keep a tight lid on this film for eight more months. Significant leaks or even the whole movie will leak even a crappy pirated version.

It could be Spectre all over again and it’ll take a hit at the box office when it does release who knows.

Their constant delays came back to bite them
    Tuck91 wrote: »

You may not like it but it was a very conscious decision on their part. And they'll probably loose more from it than anybody else. So they are humanists and brave. Good for them, good for us.

That being said...Damn it!!
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 490

You may not like it but it was a very conscious decision on their part. And they'll probably loose more from it than anybody else. So they are humanists and brave. Good for them, good for us.

That being said...Damn it!!

Yeah I'm 100% sure they didn't make this lightly and that they are just as bummed as we are.

I just worry that they picked November since that was the closest viable date from a business POV but it "seems" far enough away one could assume the viral outbreaks will be finished by then but all signs point to it being just as bad this fall/winter.

I'm preparing myself to have another significant delay.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    They can’t keep a tight lid on this film for eight more months. Significant leaks or even the whole movie will leak even a crappy pirated version.

It could be Spectre all over again and it’ll take a hit at the box office when it does release who knows.

should they totally scrap the film and start over?
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Absolutely zero chance of that. They have hundreds of millions $ invested into this and it's surely very nearly a finished project.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Absolutely zero chance of that. They have hundreds of millions $ invested into this and it's surely very nearly a finished project.

I'd imagine it is 100% finished at this stage, we are only a month away from its previous release date and nothing suggests that this delay is anything to do with the film itself. The suggestion of it being scrapped it is absolutely delusional.
    The delay is a horrible move in every way. They don’t know how the virus will be in November, the film has already suffered several setbacks, the marketing run-up has now been all wasted, and getting people to be excited again months later after already showing so much will be near-impossible. Even in the off-chance this is the last delay (who knows what year it will ever release if ever), it probably won’t gross as much anyway as the last two thanks to the hype killing.