No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Its not just the virus, its the panic and the fear that *might* be prevalent in the public in 4 weeks time. This could literally be a $500 million decision and I think its the right one.

Cancellation is probably all covered by insurance anyway.

its just a film, whereas people are ill and dying and anything that reduces the risk of infection comes first. Im an adult. I can deal with it.

Right. They made the best decision given the ongoing situation. Coronavirus is already in your countries folks... Italy has a lot of cases only because far more tests were made. It’s not that difficult.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    It sucks. But it now is what it is. Roll on November.
  • tqbtqb
    Hopefully EON used this time to get the ball rolling on the next film
  • Garth007Garth007 Missouri, USA
    Burgess wrote: »
    Garth007 wrote: »
    I understand pushing back the release of the movie for public health reasons but the push the movie back all the way till November is a bit much I was expecting it to go into the summer at least. I can't imagine the amount of money they're going to have to poor and to re promoting the film yet again it makes me worried about the profit this film could make And depending the future of the bond franchise I don't mean to be dramatic about it but I do think this is an overstep...

Based upon what we know, this decision was probably made with every possible consideration for MGM, EON and Universal. Every department—at every level—was consulted. I’m sure they even had their own virologists on deck.

True i imagine as such but it just seems very last minute of them especially with tickets going on sale just other day. Just feels like unintended slap in the face for fans I'm also concerned about other films it will have to go up against now like marvels the eternals
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Can we get a Blu-ray release ahead of the cinema release, please? (Yeah, I know we can't.)
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    They should use this time to add more scenes with Ana de Armas, she was supposed to have a bigger role before Craig accident.
    ertert wrote: »
    There is zero evidence the virus will be gone in November. It will likely be worse given how other well-studied coronaviruses function seasonally.

Damned if they do damned if they don't

I bet they are counting on a vaccine being distributed globally by then.

Unless they're privy to information we are not ,which is possible, there is zero evidence of that happening either. Everything I've read says a vaccine is at least a year or two out.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Let's get this straight: are all upcoming films getting delays? The theatres will close down now.

Or:

Is the plotline of NTTD about a virus release from Safin?? They got scared of the similarities maybe.
    Let's get this straight: are all upcoming films getting delays? The theatres will close down now.

Or:

Is the plotline of NTTD about a virus release from Safin?? They got scared of the similarities maybe.

What I am thinking.

Or:

Or:

What I am thinking.

Yeah it may well be a taste thing too.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I understand pushing back the release of the movie for public health reasons but the push the movie back all the way till November is a bit much I was expecting it to go into the summer at least. I can't imagine the amount of money they're going to have to poor and to re promoting the film yet again it makes me worried about the profit this film could make And depending the future of the bond franchise I don't mean to be dramatic about it but I do think this is an overstep...

Based upon what we know, this decision was probably made with every possible consideration for MGM, EON and Universal. Every department—at every level—was consulted. I’m sure they even had their own virologists on deck.

True i imagine as such but it just seems very last minute of them especially with tickets going on sale just other day. Just feels like unintended slap in the face for fans I'm also concerned about other films it will have to go up against now like marvels the eternals

I doubt this was decided on a whim. I suspect long and extensive meetings with many concerned parties involved.

I
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

I doubt this was decided on a whim. I suspect long and extensive meetings with many concerned parties involved.

I
    Would probably explain why Fukunaga looked pissed during that Fandango interview.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    It might also mean that by releasing this information early, they have more time to plan the November release, and more control over the date etc. No other studios will want to release against NTTD, and so EON have taken the initiative. Making the best of a bad situation.
    Could the studio force them to change the movie at all? More editing, re-shoots?
    Let us all try to stay alive until the premiere. This is no time to die.
    I wonder if Craig will still be making the rounds on talk shows scheduled for this week and month.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The delay doesn't bother me as much as the fact that I'll have to dodge spoilers for two weeks now before I get to see it. Got lucky and had tickets for the 3rd next month. Pretty disconcerting but it is what it is.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The delay doesn't bother me as much as the fact that I'll have to dodge spoilers for two weeks now before I get to see it. Got lucky and had tickets for the 3rd next month. Pretty disconcerting but it is what it is.

Let s hope not too much leaks out over the next eight months, either.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    On the positive side, thank goodness the film has already been shot. The latest Mission Impossible halted filming in Italy. At least NTTD is locked & loaded.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Godzilla Vs Kong might move now that Bond comes out a week after, so it's possible that EON will move it forward a week (or two). Something tells me those November dates will change slightly some time before the release.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,861
    It might also mean that by releasing this information early, they have more time to plan the November release, and more control over the date etc. No other studios will want to release against NTTD, and so EON have taken the initiative. Making the best of a bad situation.

Are there not films already filling those slots though? I’m just quite surprised this was even possible.

The more I think about it the more I think the guys who said a bad taste virus-based plot is part of it were right. There was all that talk of Porton Down, the scientist with his briefcase, the people getting gassed in the trailer, the weird water tank with folks in hazchem suits etc.

There is still big competition in Nov. (The Eternals and Godzilla vs. Kong)
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    I just realised we have seven more months of "you" v "him" debating. That's the worst part of it all.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    The rates of new infections will go down as people recover. Neither will recovered patients be re-infected, nor can they pass on the virus. In the mean time, production of safety masks for medical personnell and patients (you cannot protect yourself with a mask) will catch up and the spread will eventually slow down. By then cinemas will have re-opened. However, a drug against the virus will definitively not be available by November, more likely early next year.
    I am trying to be understanding but seriously this is insane....

sigh
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    At least Hans Zimmer will have more time to work on the score, i guess
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Sorry, don't agree with this decision.

That's even worse than Trump II.

L-)
  • Pathetic. The Russians started this I reckon ! What happens if the virus is still around November? Will we ever get to see the film? This must be the most troubled production ever.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited March 2020 Posts: 1,329
    duke_togo wrote: »
    At least Hans Zimmer will have more time to work on the score, i guess

The score is already locked in so unless Hans is unhappy with the score then I doubt he’ll go back to it.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    This has to be the most cursed production in the franchise's history. Absolutely gutted. I said to my wife today it was less than a month away.
  • PS it will be the death of him!
    You heard it from me first. No surprise.