The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2020 Posts: 23,105
    Smart move selling Abraham as he is on the bench though his replacement Giroud has scored, I will be very surprised if Spurs got anything from this game.

I'm biased because of his Arsenal days, but I'd argue Giroud is their best striker, and that Chelsea and Lampard should have started him more then they've done. An underrated player, who I sometimes wish was still playing at Arsenal. As top five is a stretch for Arsenal anyway, I hope Chelsea win this!
    _______

Spent a lot of time deciding on my Son replacement, and settled on Martial over Fernandes. Don't know if that was a good choice, but there wasn't that many interesting options.

Martial has scored two good goals in two games I have him and think he is most likely to get points tomorrow.

Terrible GW so far, I have no idea why I started Lundstram he only came on for last 9 minutes, I have issues in defence with him and Kelly. I may have to replace Kelly with my free transfer.

Edited: Kelly has recovered from injury hmm, Lundstram blanking next GW as is KDB, do I get rid of Lundstram now?

We'll have to hope for some goals/assists from Martial tomorrow then!

Looks like Lundstram is used as a sub now that Berge is in the the team. You could do Lundstram to a playing def who also plays next gamweek.

______

Double Southampton clean sheet on the bench…

Just looked at your team ouch! Unlikely players are getting points so can't see many managers doing well.

I still have Bench Boost, Free Hit and Triple Captain chips left, I really need to use them soon.

Edited: I could upgrade Kelly to Chilwell, I am reluctant to sell Lundstram as I have got so many valuable points from him
    Smart move selling Abraham as he is on the bench though his replacement Giroud has scored, I will be very surprised if Spurs got anything from this game.

I'm biased because of his Arsenal days, but I'd argue Giroud is their best striker, and that Chelsea and Lampard should have started him more then they've done. An underrated player, who I sometimes wish was still playing at Arsenal. As top five is a stretch for Arsenal anyway, I hope Chelsea win this!
    _______

Spent a lot of time deciding on my Son replacement, and settled on Martial over Fernandes. Don't know if that was a good choice, but there wasn't that many interesting options.

Martial has scored two good goals in two games I have him and think he is most likely to get points tomorrow.

Terrible GW so far, I have no idea why I started Lundstram he only came on for last 9 minutes, I have issues in defence with him and Kelly. I may have to replace Kelly with my free transfer.

Edited: Kelly has recovered from injury hmm, Lundstram blanking next GW as is KDB, do I get rid of Lundstram now?

Looks like Lundstram is used as a sub now that Berge is in the the team. You could do Lundstram to a playing def who also plays next gamweek.

______

Just looked at your team ouch! Unlikely players are getting points so can't see many managers doing well.

I still have Bench Boost, Free Hit and Triple Captain chips left, I really need to use them soon.

Edited: I could upgrade Kelly to Chilwell, I am reluctant to sell Lundstram as I have got so many valuable points from him

It's a tricky gameweek so far, that's for sure. Those who played Burnley, Palace and/or Southampton defenders/goalkeepers are those who's come best out of it so far I think.

I'm not sure about my chip strategy going forward. The way things are going I will have to plan the chip usage well in order to benefit from it. And that's tricky!

I might be getting a Leicester defender again too, but I'm not in any way decided on any transfers as of yet. I'm tempted to do Henderson > Pope though…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

_______

______

It's a tricky gameweek so far, that's for sure. Those who played Burnley, Palace and/or Southampton defenders/goalkeepers are those who's come best out of it so far I think.

I'm not sure about my chip strategy going forward. The way things are going I will have to plan the chip usage well in order to benefit from it. And that's tricky!

I might be getting a Leicester defender again too, but I'm not in any way decided on any transfers as of yet. I'm tempted to do Henderson > Pope though…

My Keeper has done nothing for weeks and my back up is none playing, to benefit from Bench Boost I need decent back up. This season I purposely picked one keeper who was playing as last season I constantly had keeper points on the bench which was irritating.

_______

______

My Keeper has done nothing for weeks and my back up is none playing, to benefit from Bench Boost I need decent back up. This season I purposely picked one keeper who was playing as last season I constantly had keeper points on the bench which was irritating.

Yes, that's usually the way I play it as well. My reasoning for getting two playing goalkeepers on wildcard was in order to not having to make that kind of transfer before bench boost (whenever I'll get around to playing that chip). Looks like I might have to make a GK transfer anyway though…

_______

______

Yes, that's usually the way I play it as well. My reasoning for getting two playing goalkeepers on wildcard was in order to not having to make that kind of transfer before bench boost (whenever I'll get around to playing that chip). Looks like I might have to make a GK transfer anyway though…

I got nothing from the Leicester v City game, I am hoping Liverpool bail me out of a bad GW again.

_______

______

I got nothing from the Leicester v City game, I am hoping Liverpool bail me out of a bad GW again.

Same here, but I only had De Bruyne in this match. City winning help me slightly in mini leagues though, with several owning Söyüncü (some playing/some getting him on from the bench).

_______

______

Same here, but I only had De Bruyne in this match. City winning help me slightly in mini leagues though, with several owning Söyüncü (some playing/some getting him on from the bench).

I still have Vardy, I am hoping it was worth it hanging onto him with Leicester good run of fixtures now starting.

My front strikers have hardly done anything in weeks, hopefully getting Jiminez in this GW will pay off tomorrow.

I am happy Aguero did nothing (and missed a penalty) though typical Mahrez getting an assist after me down playing him.
    BREAKING: We have been speaking to Stockley Park who have admitted they got the decision wrong and Lo Celso should have been sent off...
    @btsport

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrjakehumphrey/status/1231219355637207042?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Nasty tackle, Azpilicueta very lucky that he turned his leg
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 17,241

_______

______

I still have Vardy, I am hoping it was worth it hanging onto him with Leicester good run of fixtures now starting.

My front strikers have hardly done anything in weeks, hopefully getting Jiminez in this GW will pay off tomorrow.

I am happy Aguero did nothing (and missed a penalty) though typical Mahrez getting an assist after me down playing him.

I think those that have kept Leicester assets can benefit from keeping going forward, as those of us that have decided to not keep them might have to make room for them again.

I was happy that Agüero didn't get that penalty goal either. If he had got that goal, that could have made this gameweek an even trickier one. With a blank coming up, it will be interesting to see what people do with their City assets.
    BREAKING: We have been speaking to Stockley Park who have admitted they got the decision wrong and Lo Celso should have been sent off...
    @btsport

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrjakehumphrey/status/1231219355637207042?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Nasty tackle, Azpilicueta very lucky that he turned his leg

I was shocked that they didn't give that a red!
    Decided to bank my transfer, unless there are injurys I will go with a empty bench, it's a risk though the moves I want to make won't be beneficial until GW after next.

On the fence with bringing in Leicester defenders they have been conceding alot.

It's occurred to me I have not been chasing points with transfers this season, the relative safe approach has worked so far
    Decided to bank my transfer, unless there are injurys I will go with a empty bench, it's a risk though the moves I want to make won't be beneficial until GW after next.

On the fence with bringing in Leicester defenders they have been conceding alot.

It's occurred to me I have not been chasing points with transfers this season, the relative safe approach has worked so far

Playing it safe usually does the trick. I listen to a few Norwegian FPL podcasts, and this week in one of them, the guest for that episode told he had decided to play the entire season without taking any hits, only making transfers if he feels he absolutely has to. He is somewhere inside the top 100k currently (I think it was around 60k).

I have been a bit impatient after Christmas, and I've paid for that. Some of it bad judgement when to transfer out a player, some of it just bad luck. Not sure how I should approach the rest of the season though; it's come to a point where taking at least a few chances might be worth it.

Playing it safe usually does the trick. I listen to a few Norwegian FPL podcasts, and this week in one of them, the guest for that episode told he had decided to play the entire season without taking any hits, only making transfers if he feels he absolutely has to. He is somewhere inside the top 100k currently (I think it was around 60k).

I have been a bit impatient after Christmas, and I've paid for that. Some of it bad judgement when to transfer out a player, some of it just bad luck. Not sure how I should approach the rest of the season though; it's come to a point where taking at least a few chances might be worth it.

I think I have taken four hits upto now though only when I really have had to, around GW 32/33 I will take more risks hoping to finish in the top 10K. If I nail my Triple Captain and bench boost I am confident I can achieve it.

I think I have taken four hits upto now though only when I really have had to, around GW 32/33 I will take more risks hoping to finish in the top 10K. If I nail my Triple Captain and bench boost I am confident I can achieve it.

It's looking very promising so far! A hit or two at the right time can be beneficial I think; we see it now and then those that just nails a -4 or a -8 even, getting players at just the right time. It could backfire too of course, but that's the risk we're taking anyway.
    Just woke at least Jiminez and Martial did something, though Jota on fire 5 goals in a few games. I have sold Traoré he is not a forth midfielder for me, I have got Bruno in while I could afford it.

Martial's goal was class as was Greenwood's
    Really not sure what to do with Traoré. He was supposed to be a long term option for me, but him not playing full matches forces me to reconsider. I have funds to upgrade, or I could get someone around that price. Tricky…
    Really not sure what to do with Traoré. He was supposed to be a long term option for me, but him not playing full matches forces me to reconsider. I have funds to upgrade, or I could get someone around that price. Tricky…

I ideally would have kept him as a fifth midfielder though now I have Ings, Vardy and Jiminez Traoré would just frustrate me when he score if on the bench. I needed a certain starter as a fourth midfielder and in recent weeks Traoré is becoming a impact player.
    Bruno I got in for GW 31 onwards as United have a great run of fixtures, though I think Bruno will pick up points leading up to that, very quickly Bruno is becoming the heart beat of United.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 17,241

I ideally would have kept him as a fifth midfielder though now I have Ings, Vardy and Jiminez Traoré would just frustrate me when he score if on the bench. I needed a certain starter as a fourth midfielder and in recent weeks Traoré is becoming a impact player.

Very true. If it wasn't for the blank, I might have just upgraded to someone like Mahrez, but that's not an option…
    Bruno I got in for GW 31 onwards as United have a great run of fixtures, though I think Bruno will pick up points leading up to that, very quickly Bruno is becoming the heart beat of United.

I might stretch to bringing in Bruno; not sure about a United double-up, but given the blank (and lack of options) it might be worth a punt. Still undecided though, and have to keep an eye on price rises.
    Salah and TAA to the rescue, though I picked the worst week to take a hit. If I had just done a straight swap for Son I would have got Bruno and still had Greenwood, hindsight is a wonderful thing

60'000 managers have got in Aubameyang, presumably they know he blanks next ;))
    Salah and TAA to the rescue, though I picked the worst week to take a hit. If I had just done a straight swap for Son I would have got Bruno and still had Greenwood, hindsight is a wonderful thing

It certainly is! Alexander-Arnold's points helped me slightly in another league, so I'm really happy about that. I'm looking at maybe taking a hit for next gameweek, but ideally I'd want to wait as long as possible before deciding.

It certainly is! Alexander-Arnold's points helped me slightly in another league, so I'm really happy about that. I'm looking at maybe taking a hit for next gameweek, but ideally I'd want to wait as long as possible before deciding.

I have used my free transfer on Bruno though may do a hit as I am not confident in my defenders... TAA, Gomez, Holgate (likely to concede against United assuming he starts), Kelly (Unlikely to start), Lundstram (blanking, though unlikely to start going forward)
    https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11667/11944810/anthony-martial-manchester-united-striker-misses-game-against-club-brugge-due-to-muscle-injury
    This could throw my team into meltdown, I may have to take two hits, the Friday deadline does not help either

I have used my free transfer on Bruno though may do a hit as I am not confident in my defenders... TAA, Gomez, Holgate (likely to concede against United assuming he starts), Kelly (Unlikely to start), Lundstram (blanking, though unlikely to start going forward)
    https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11667/11944810/anthony-martial-manchester-united-striker-misses-game-against-club-brugge-due-to-muscle-injury
    This could throw my team into meltdown, I may have to take two hits, the Friday deadline does not help either

I've been going back and forth about my transfer(s) before this gameweek, but that Martial injury forced me to make a decision, which was to bring in Fernandes.

Ideally I would have liked to spend that transfer elsewhere…

I've been going back and forth about my transfer(s) before this gameweek, but that Martial injury forced me to make a decision, which was to bring in Fernandes.

With hindsight I would have made the same move though got Fernándes in early in case of price rises, I should have waited till the last moment. Hopefully Martial will recover though usually when he is injured its rarely a quick return.

I am shocked Fred scored twice in the Europa League for United

With hindsight I would have made the same move though got Fernándes in early in case of price rises, I should have waited till the last moment. Hopefully Martial will recover though usually when he is injured its rarely a quick return.

I expect Fernandes will go up in price before the deadline, so that's why I made an early move as well.

Good result for United, but Arsenal are out of the EL. What a horror season…

I expect Fernandes will go up in price before the deadline, so that's why I made an early move as well.

Out? At work last time I checked I thought Aubameyang had got the winner

Edited: just read the write up, Gunners defence haunting you all season. Even when United are crap our defence is still good, that may still get us top four.

Edited: My team is such a mess I may have to free hit, no way am I going to take a 8 or 12 point hit to solve major issues.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for gameweek #28:

Transfer made: De Bruyne --> Snodgrass.

Guaita
    Dunk, Rico, Soyuncu
    Traoré, Salah (C), Snodgrass, Martial
    Ings, Firmino, Jimenez.

Out? At work last time I checked I thought Aubameyang had got the winner

Edited: just read the write up, Gunners defence haunting you all season. Even when United are crap our defence is still good, that may still get us top four.

Edited: My team is such a mess I may have to free hit, no way am I going to take a 8 or 12 point hit to solve major issues.

Indeed, the defence is a complete mess, and that shows in all tournaments. I wonder if they have a plan at all what to do with the team and players going forward…

There is likely to be gameweeks that are more suitable to play the free hit, but if you struggle fielding a decent team, then it might as well be an alright solution.

My team for gameweek #28:

Transfer made: De Bruyne --> Snodgrass.

Guaita
    Dunk, Rico, Soyuncu
    Traoré, Salah (C), Snodgrass, Martial
    Ings, Firmino, Jimenez.

Gutsy move dropping De Bruyne! There have been teams that have picked up decent points with De Bruyne replacements though, so it might work out well!
    I'll be back with a gameweek winner update after this gameweek is done. It's been a busy week.
    Ryan
    TAA, Gomez, Holgate
    Martial, Fernandes, Salah (C) , Cantwell
    Ings (V) , Vardy, Jiminez

Kelly only outfield player on bench

Thirty minutes to decide whether to take hits or free hit, I will likely just hope for the best and do nothing.