No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Contraband wrote: »
    Drown in the middle of the thousand cancerous spawn/post of Billie Eilish fans infinites-accounts in Instagram :

Great; thanks for that!

Got to love the DB10's numberplate :)
    There will be also content linked on NTTD in their magazine : https://www.topgear.com/car-news/movies/new-tg-mag-out-now-james-bonds-greatest-cars
  • Both Rami and Ana De Armas sat next to each other at Paris Fashion week show of Saint Laurent:
    https://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/gallery/saint-laurent-aw20-james-bond

rami-malek-ana-de-armas-at-saint-laurent.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Getafix wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Anyone else feeling the air in the balloon coming out a bit because of Coronavirus?

The thought had occurred to me. It either makes the film seem super relevant or slightly inappropriate.

The other fly in the ointment is that if the world is in the middle of a full blown pandemic by April then no one is going to be heading to the cinema. It's not inconceivable I suppose that they might delay release in some markets

No time to release a movie.

Had the same thoughts this morning. A patient with an unnoticed CoV-2 infection went to a cinema in Bavaria, now everyone that sat close to him is at risk of developing and also spreading the disease. I do not think the disease is more dangerous than an influenza infection (which has killed more people than CoV-2), but people tend to get panicky and avoid going to public places once infections are on the rise. Bad news not only for businesses.

The fatality rate seems to be slightly higher than flu. About 2% I think. Which is pretty bad. If it goes unchecked that's a significant number of people globally who won't be here next year.

I imagine EON are more than a little bit worried. I wonder if the premier might not be postponed?

It's not just Bond. It's any blockbuster on the release schedule this spring.

Some soccer/football games have now been played with nobody in the stands, out of fears of public risk.

I can imagine the big premiere in London, with DC and Babs and everyone else, with crowds of people outside, not happening this time, which would be a real shame.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    And this is ultimately going to hurt a lot of other films that had bigger audiences in China like Marvel and Fast & Furious, the latter which had been even bigger in China than the US for several films now.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834
    I think at the end of the day its beyond control for them and is something way more important than box office and numbers at the premiere. I think it'll just happen as normal unless public risk becomes any more severe for us here. More international visits will definitely be cancelled.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    There will be also content linked on NTTD in their magazine : https://www.topgear.com/car-news/movies/new-tg-mag-out-now-james-bonds-greatest-cars

The M3-powered DB5 looks an absolute hoot. Interesting that you can just about spot the differences when it's next to a real one: there's something about the thicker headlamp bezels.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    antovolk wrote: »
    duke_togo wrote: »
    It's 163 min including the ending credits ?

Yes

Thanks !

• edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164
    First images of Q's Swatch from the film which is seemingly going on sale next Thurs

ERzKTEOX0AA_jmp?format=jpg
    ERzKTEOWoAkMeeo?format=jpg
    ERzKTEOXsAAV_Dm?format=jpg

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Funny that Swatch teases a big unveiling and doesn't show the watch, but yet we've got official pictures of it. Did they upload it to their servers thinking those nosy Bond fans wouldn't find it? Oh, how wrong they were!

I like the watch itself, I think it's actually on-brand for Q to have a watch with the letter 'Q' on it. Nice continuation from the Scrabble mug!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    First images of Q's Swatch from the film which is seemingly going on sale next Thurs

Awesome, thanks!

Call me stupid: at first glance I thought those were real USB ports for charging the watch.
    One ugly watch. Can't wait to see Q wearing this. (yes, that is a joke).
    Beyond stoked for this movie.
    Hate to be negative but is anybody concerned that the release date will be affected by the Coronavirus? Is there any chance they would postpone it?

Mostly asking the valued members here who have worked in the film industry.

Cheers friends.
    Yes several of us have been discussing this already. I think it's a possibility. Feels like there's a tidal wave about to break.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 490
    Yes several of us have been discussing this already. I think it's a possibility. Feels like there's a tidal wave about to break.

Man that would really suck if after all this time they delayed the film again. Not trying to trivialize the situation in the world but still.
    EON must wish they'd been able to stick with their earlier release date.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Would they delay it overall or just in certain countries/regions?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834
    Whatever happens - the virus is more important. I don't think it will get delayed but never say never and if it does, people better not complain considering the circumstances.

Right!? In some parallel universe we're all going nuts dissecting the film that's been out for two weeks.

There's a Deadline article from last week saying they've cancelled the Beijing premiere. I reaaaaally hope it doesn't get delayed in the West or anywhere else.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Whatever happens - the virus is more important. I don't think it will get delayed but never say never and if it does, people better not complain considering the circumstances.

Agreed 100% and I would trust their judgement if it does happen. I was not trying to minimize the suffering the virus seems likely to cause, just trying to keep the focus on Bond on this forum.

Wishing good health and safety to you all.
    ertert wrote: »

Right!? In some parallel universe we're all going nuts dissecting the film that's been out for two weeks.

There's a Deadline article from last week saying they've cancelled the Beijing premiere. I reaaaaally hope it doesn't get delayed in the West or anywhere else.

There you go. It's begun.

There you go. It's begun.

I sure hope not. Here's the article in case anybody is curious:

https://deadline.com/2020/02/no-time-to-die-tour-of-china-scrapped-because-of-coronavirus-issues-1202861030/

This will depend on how bad things get in the next 3-4 weeks.
    TripAces wrote: »

This will depend on how bad things get in the next 3-4 weeks.

True, and going to the movies will be the least of our worries by that point.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2020 Posts: 12,459
    Note: I'm now facing a possible shut down at work for at least a month due to the virus. Am I worrying about box office for NTTD? Ummm .... no.

Look, aside from my immediate personal situation ... if I lived in Antarctica (very slim chance of getting the virus, I would say) I would STILL not be worried about box office for NTTD. Why? Because the film will do fine overall, in the long run. It will. Anybody who cannot see it at first will just be wanting more than ever to see it when they can. Keep the longer overall picture in mind, folks. It will be fine and will be judged on how good a film it is. Bond's appeal is strong enough to weather delays due to the virus.

NTTD looks to be a corker, a really smashingly good, visually stunning Bond film. It will be fine at the box office ... for EON, for all involved, for us fans.
    Note: I'm now facing a possible shut down at work for at least a month due to the virus. Am I worrying about box office for NTTD? Ummm .... no.

Look, aside from my immediate personal situation ... if I lived in Antarctica (very slim chance of getting the virus, I would say) I would STILL not be worried about box office for NTTD. Why? Because the film will do fine overall, in the long run. It will. Anybody who cannot see it at first will just be wanting more than ever to see it when they can. Keep the longer overall picture in mind, folks. It will be fine and will be judged on how good a film it is. Bond's appeal is strong enough to weather delays due to the virus.

NTTD looks to be a corker, a really smashingly good, visually stunning Bond film. It will be fine at the box office ... for EON, for all involved, for us fans.

Great perspective. Unless I'm sick, on a mandatory lockdown, or caring for a loved one I plan to see it opening day.

Unfortunately I'm in the U.S. which is currently insanely slow at testing people compared to other countries but I fear once they do start testing en masse they'll find thousands of cases due to how fast it seems to be spreading.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Great perspective. Unless I'm sick, on a mandatory lockdown, or caring for a loved one I plan to see it opening day.

Unfortunately I'm in the U.S. which is currently insanely slow at testing people compared to other countries but I fear once they do start testing en masse they'll find thousands of cases due to how fast it seems to be spreading.

And then Trump will blame the Muslims, for some reason :D