No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Maybe you have already seen this tweet, but anyway here you go:
    Some great photos on this thread; thanks. B-)
    I'm not reading comments any more, really - I don't want spoilers for the film.

Here's this:

Have this book ordered. Love all the books, even the photo based ones!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I wonder how much about the false start will be covered , if anything.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    160+ always seemed a good runtime for a movie rumored to be 3 hours long during the editing process. It’s goin to be epic.
    20 minutes is PTS, so still 2 hrs 40 minutes or so ... yeah, I'm very psyched about this film. B-)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    talos7 wrote: »
    I wonder how much about the false start will be covered , if anything.

In this book, I predict very little. Probably more in a big behind the scenes of the franchise novel, if they do one.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think OHMSS, CR & SF could be regarded as the only 'Epic' Bond films. And these are the only Bond films with endings, where a Pivotal character dies....and it so happens that the characters who die at the end of these films are all women. Now NTTD is once again referred to as 'Epic'. I don't know, maybe it means another female character might die, instead of Bond....just a tentative opinion though.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    I'd give anything for this film to end with Bond and Paloma in an orange dinky floating off into the sunset
    I’d rather he ends up with Madeline: I don’t know anything about Paloma.

Yeah I know what you mean mate, but what we know about Madeline, her character was somewhat boring or plain. Although I am more interested about what they do next with her character in No Time To Die.
    Paloma has shown almost as much personality in the trailer for NTTD than Madeline in all of Spectre.

In what way? She fired a gun and hasn’t said a word. Is it just because you think she’s attractive?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,548
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I think OHMSS, CR & SF could be regarded as the only 'Epic' Bond films. And these are the only Bond films with endings, where a Pivotal character dies....and it so happens that the characters who die at the end of these films are all women. Now NTTD is once again referred to as 'Epic'. I don't know, maybe it means another female character might die, instead of Bond....just a tentative opinion though.

To me, the term "epic" is still grounded in the Campbell definition of the epic hero and hero's journey. Intentional or not, the cinematic Bond has mostly followed the basic pattern of the hero's journey. An evil entity arises (the villain), the hero (Bond) is called into action (by M), the hero embarks, has adventures and obstacles (locations), and then eventually defeats the evil entity through cunning and resourcefulness, and then returns.

Almost every Bond film has followed this formula, with slight variations.

Interestingly, CR is the one that strays from the formula the most, given that our hero never does defeat the villain and does not turn for home (or arrive home) with satisfaction.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    TripAces wrote: »
    My feelings on the ending:

Bond's "death" is assumed. That could be an explosion, a collapse, whatever.

Cut to: A scene with Moneypenny receiving the Royal Doulton.

Cut to: Madeleine at the rocky beach, which is lit to look like a dream...

Madeleine, swimming, sees Bond approaching. She smiles.

200214-no-time-to-die-madeleine-swann-swimming-italy-472.jpg

200214-no-time-to-die-james-bond-sea-swimming-italy-472.jpg

200214-no-time-to-die-james-bond-sunglasses-italy-472.jpg

Madeleine: I didn't think you'd join me. I didn't think you'd have the time.

Bond: We have all the time in the world.

Madeline: But no time to die!

Bond: Er.. what?
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,336
    IMDB has the film listed at 163 mins now.
    My nearby theater has it at 2 hours and 43 minutes as well (AMC). As long as the content is good, I'm more than happy with this being the longest Bond film yet! I am a little glad it didn't quite reach 3 hours though, just because of the added risk of it dragging on for too long. Of course you never know until you see the film - just a potential concern.
  • I'm not concerned about a 163 minute run time, provided it's entertaining. Avengers Endgame is a 3 hour movie which feels like 2. If NTTD can do that I have no issue with a massive run time.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 2,594
    “It was essential to rediscover Bond”. I hope that means that Fukanaga used the Fleming literature as inspiration...

It was essential after the bad mistake they made with Spectre.
    I am expecting for Lea and Daniel to have better chemistry in this one. I liked Spectre for the most part, but I think even their chemistry will be turned up a notch in this one.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Anyone else feeling the air in the balloon coming out a bit because of Coronavirus?
  • Looks like it's going to be a whole hour longer than Quantum of Solace.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 11,425
    Anyone else feeling the air in the balloon coming out a bit because of Coronavirus?

The thought had occurred to me. It either makes the film seem super relevant or slightly inappropriate.

The other fly in the ointment is that if the world is in the middle of a full blown pandemic by April then no one is going to be heading to the cinema. It's not inconceivable I suppose that they might delay release in some markets

No time to release a movie.
    Yep. For sure it will be the box office wise least succesful movie of the Craig era. Asia and now lots of european countries will have a low box office because of corona. Either because cinemas are closed or because people are afraid of going to the cinema.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Getafix wrote: »

The thought had occurred to me. It either makes the film seem super relevant or slightly inappropriate.

The other fly in the ointment is that if the world is in the middle of a full blown pandemic by April then no one is going to be heading to the cinema. It's not inconceivable I suppose that they might delay release in some markets

Had the same thoughts this morning. A patient with an unnoticed CoV-2 infection went to a cinema in Bavaria, now everyone that sat close to him is at risk of developing and also spreading the disease. I do not think the disease is more dangerous than an influenza infection (which has killed more people than CoV-2), but people tend to get panicky and avoid going to public places once infections are on the rise. Bad news not only for businesses.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I'm not concerned about a 163 minute run time, provided it's entertaining. Avengers Endgame is a 3 hour movie which feels like 2. If NTTD can do that I have no issue with a massive run time.

Ooh gosh no: it feels its length. Especially when it cuts to Hawkeye and Black Widow and you realise there’s yet another space jewel to collect.
    Bounine wrote: »
    “It was essential to rediscover Bond”. I hope that means that Fukanaga used the Fleming literature as inspiration...

It was essential after the bad mistake they made with Spectre.

Felt very Fleming-y to me with the crater base etc.
    Drown in the middle of the thousand cancerous spawn/post of Billie Eilish fans infinites-accounts in Instagram :
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 11,425
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »

Had the same thoughts this morning. A patient with an unnoticed CoV-2 infection went to a cinema in Bavaria, now everyone that sat close to him is at risk of developing and also spreading the disease. I do not think the disease is more dangerous than an influenza infection (which has killed more people than CoV-2), but people tend to get panicky and avoid going to public places once infections are on the rise. Bad news not only for businesses.

The fatality rate seems to be slightly higher than flu. About 2% I think. Which is pretty bad. If it goes unchecked that's a significant number of people globally who won't be here next year.

I imagine EON are more than a little bit worried. I wonder if the premier might not be postponed?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Drown in the middle of the thousand cancerous spawn/post of Billie Eilish fans infinites-accounts in Instagram :

• TripAces wrote: »
    My feelings on the ending:

Bond's "death" is assumed. That could be an explosion, a collapse, whatever.

Cut to: A scene with Moneypenny receiving the Royal Doulton.

Cut to: Madeleine at the rocky beach, which is lit to look like a dream...

Madeleine, swimming, sees Bond approaching. She smiles.

200214-no-time-to-die-madeleine-swann-swimming-italy-472.jpg

200214-no-time-to-die-james-bond-sea-swimming-italy-472.jpg

200214-no-time-to-die-james-bond-sunglasses-italy-472.jpg

Madeleine: I didn't think you'd join me. I didn't think you'd have the time.

Bond: We have all the time in the world.

Bond tosses his sunglasses aside and dives into the water.

Fade out.

This would totally work for me!
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I'd give anything for this film to end with Bond and Paloma in an orange dinky floating off into the sunset
    I’d rather he ends up with Madeline: I don’t know anything about Paloma.

Yeah I know what you mean mate, but what we know about Madeline, her character was somewhat boring or plain. Although I am more interested about what they do next with her character in No Time To Die.
    Paloma has shown almost as much personality in the trailer for NTTD than Madeline in all of Spectre.

In what way? She fired a gun and hasn’t said a word. Is it just because you think she’s attractive?

Haha it was meant as a joke, but it was a crap joke to be honest
    But yeah Ana is extremely attractive, probably clouds my opinion.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    It's 163 min including the ending credits ?
    duke_togo wrote: »
    It's 163 min including the ending credits ?

Yes
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    Yep. For sure it will be the box office wise least succesful movie of the Craig era. Asia and now lots of european countries will have a low box office because of corona. Either because cinemas are closed or because people are afraid of going to the cinema.

Embrace yourself. The "James Bond is no longer a profitable franchise" headlines are coming. Tabloids love this BS.