No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Contraband wrote: »
    Also, according to this tweet it looks as though the Aston Martin Valhalla has been cut from NTTD....it was likely replaced with the Superleggra.

It looks like it'll feature in some capacity, but won't be as showy an appearance.

Comes from Esquire magazine UK. Only a parked Valhalla will be ft.

Yes indeed; this info was in the Silverstone pieces earlier in the week and we pointed it out on this thread.
    TripAces wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Can someone upload that video on YouTube or somewhere?

You can see it if you go straight to the Twitter page.
    Love the IMAX poster and Matera photos.

I don't think ALL the Matera scenes are in the PTS, though.
    I think they are most likely going for an emotional PTS, not just a risky adventurous stunt driven one. This one seems likely to jump into the emotional pull for Bond strongly, catapulting us into a higher than usual emotional layer right off the bat. With strong stunts and action, sure. Light humor in it? I am unsure. Though I think enough humor will be in this film.

So if the first 20 minutes are all pre-title ... we are in for a long, dramatic story. Me thinks. B-) This makes me happy the whole film is going to be about 2:45 or 2:50. I think Cary values not skimping on certain elements of a film. I cannot help but remember how very fine nearly every episode of True Detective was under his helm. And I mean in particular visually and the storytelling. It was well paced and compelling and had stunning cinematography at times.

It is possible that not everything in that Matera sequence is in the PTS, which would be awkward--but still possible.

Perhaps we get...1. Norway sequence. 2. Bond with Madeleine, enjoying time together; 3. The grave scene; 4. The motorcycle chase; 5. The jump off the bridge...into the PTS

Post PTS. 1. Bond goes back to the room and gets Madeleine. 2. Car chase. 3. Train station.

I'd bet the car scene with its "Why would I betray you?" comes before the song.

On a separate note, did others catch the credits in upper left corner? Daniel Craig is "James Bond 007."

Jeez, I hope this puts the "Nomi is 007" nonsense to bed, finally.

This is getting pointed out an awful lot, but did anyone actually think this poster wouldn’t say that? That’s the character’s name.
    He was that on the LTK and DAD posters despite not being 007 for most of them either.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Telling that the DHL Behind The Scenes #2 announcement is teased with a Ken Adam Dr. No set sketch. I begin to think that all the talk of Safin being Dr. No is more than rumors.
  • zebrafish wrote: »
    Telling that the DHL Behind The Scenes #2 announcement is teased with a Ken Adam Dr. No set sketch. I begin to think that all the talk of Safin being Dr. No is more than rumors.

I can't see it!

also, I do get the Valhalla antipathy - but I personally am very enamoured it. It just looks the part....

aston-martin-007-group-images-c-photo-max-earey-27-1582150509.jpg?resize=768:*

We do know that they filmed with it in Scotland.....does this mean that they ditched that footage and reshot it was another Aston?!?!?!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    zebrafish wrote: »

Meaning this one, since not everybody in here have seen >> notimetodie.dhl/en

qiRgO2k.jpg
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Yep, that's the one. An official sponsor would not make an "in-joke" like this.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I can't see it!

also, I do get the Valhalla antipathy - but I personally am very enamoured it. It just looks the part....

We do know that they filmed with it in Scotland.....does this mean that they ditched that footage and reshot it was another Aston?!?!?!

It’s probably just parked up outside someone’s castle or something. If they did film it moving (and I don’t think there were any pics of that were there? It was being driven but I don’t know if we saw it being filmed being driven) then they probably just don’t need that scene.
  • mtm wrote: »

I can't see it!

It’s probably just parked up outside someone’s castle or something. If they did film it moving (and I don’t think there were any pics of that were there? It was being driven but I don’t know if we saw it being filmed being driven) then they probably just don’t need that scene.

It was filmed moving....it could just be for promotion. Part of me thinks that Esquire are either mistaken or the Valhalla has been cut for the reasons stated (and is probs in Q's lab)

mtm wrote: »

I can't see it!

They filmed it racing or rolling at least in Scotland, followed by a camera crane car.
    I use to have a few stills taken by a local but now I can't find the damn pictures. The hired drone crew were also present although didn't see the drone (same guys filmed the off-road chase in Scotland and every drone shot in Matera)

The only thing we don't know yet, who's car is it. Nomi? Fits her style.
    That pub, the kings arms in Roupell street is my work local. Drunk in there many times.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Matt007 wrote: »
    That pub, the kings arms in Roupell street is my work local. Drunk in there many times.

That's the one! Only about 20 mins walk from my office. Will have to get a pint there soon! It looks as though Fukunaga has wanted to shoot the more picturesque parts of London - opposed to make it 'real' - perhaps his outsider eye shining through. Certainly not complaining as this is a very pretty boozer

outside.jpg
  • Matt007 wrote: »

Sorry if I missed this - did they film there? What was filmed?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Is that near Hammersmith?
    octofinger wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »

Sorry if I missed this - did they film there? What was filmed?

Bond and Moneypenny arriving in the V8, most likely Q's home on that street.

deVy6q8.jpg
    RfZ43ME.jpg
    1saL0wg.jpg
    Vvhz5br.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    She look incredible in these shots.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    “Death of You” is confirmed, not “death of him”

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834

Hahahaha they knew... they knew :D

Also @Contraband did you see this in that article? What is that?! Haha

James-Bond-set-Where-is-No-Time-to-Die-set-Where-did-they-film-007-movie-1245573.webp?r=1582294025260
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Haha! Thanks, 007 folks! Now, are all of those who said it was definitely 'you' going to admit it? :)
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    Wow, the "him/you" debate has been settled. What else do we have to look forward to until the premiere?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Thank the lord that this is now settled. Although I fear people will next argue that the tweet was a typo. It's never over.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I've avoided this debate ever since it surfaced...i think we've always known Blofeld said 'You'....i think most fans were being...sort of delusional, which is understandable....as None of us wants James Bond to be associated with Death....even in the slightest imagination.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    mtm wrote: »

Haha! Thanks, 007 folks! Now, are all of those who said it was definitely 'you' going to admit it? :)

Hopefully :D
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    jake24 wrote: »
    Thank the lord that this is now settled. Although I fear people will next argue that the tweet was a typo. It's never over.

To be the devil's advocate: Spectre had a line in the trailers that was manipulated to not give anything away. "And you know who links them all?" to which Bond answers "Me" in the trailers, but it's "Him" in the film.

I'm not saying that this is 100% the case here, but we'll only know for sure over a month and a half.
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    Well m, if I’d be crossing dress Charles Grey... YOU! I apologies to anyone who I argued with. I was wrong!
    Denbigh wrote: »

James-Bond-set-Where-is-No-Time-to-Die-set-Where-did-they-film-007-movie-1245573.webp?r=1582294025260

@Denbigh Don't understand what you mean really?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

The edit it's so bad.

The edit it's so bad.

You mean the caption?
    I'm one who always heard "Him" and believe it or not, I still hear "him". All I'm saying is that this is the strangest phenomenon I have ever encountered. This thing will be "the death of.......................................................me".
    Can I just say that I'm pretty sure Blofeld says "him" in a previous teaser (don't remember which one) But that was a voice over. Don't remember the footage either.

Now that we know it's "you" it must have been the scene with Bond holding the cellphone or any other footage with him alone in the previous teaser.

Edit:

The long trailer. Blofeld says to Bond: "When her secret finds its' way out, it will be the death of him" -- Time code: 1:32 sec

In other words, they have changed it now.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 1,314
    @jake24 No it’s between Waterloo and Southwark. Lovely in the summer. Toilets are a bit old school 🙈 but it does decent Thai food and a good selection of guest beers usually