NO TIME TO DIE (2020) by Billie Eilish - Theme Song Discussion

Comments

• Shakennotshook007Shakennotshook007 Mobile Alabama
    Love the song and love Billie Eilish! Happy to see her and Finneas going to Top of the Pops in U.K.! I think the song will blend in fantastic with the soundtrack!!
  • It is the best of the 5 Daniel Craig themes. But that is not saying much as they have all been really dreadful - particularly QOS and Spectre. Billie Eilish seems pleasant enough but this Bond theme is so dull.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It is the best of the 5 Daniel Craig themes. But that is not saying much as they have all been really dreadful - particularly QOS and Spectre. Billie Eilish seems pleasant enough but this Bond theme is so dull.

WOW what a surprise!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    1. YKMN
    2. WOTW
    3. NTTD
    4. SF
    5. AWTD
    Shardlake wrote: »
    It is the best of the 5 Daniel Craig themes. But that is not saying much as they have all been really dreadful - particularly QOS and Spectre. Billie Eilish seems pleasant enough but this Bond theme is so dull.

WOW what a surprise!

He just doesn't like a single thing since 2005. What a surprise, eh? ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

giphy.gif
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited February 2020 Posts: 8,000
    Arthurs is one of the original posters of http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/ from when the their forum launched, just so you know where he stands. At least Craig’s run is finally ending for those folks. It only took 15 years for their boycott to finally succeed. ;)
  • As a brief aside I’m at a Yarra Valley gig out of Melbourne where A-ha are playing tonight. Hoping for The Living Daylights but apparently they’re just doing the Hunting High and Low album. Fingers crossed!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,541

This comment of yours is the best of all. But that is not saying much as they have all been dreadful. This bond fan is so dull.
    GetCarter wrote: »
    As a brief aside I’m at a Yarra Valley gig out of Melbourne where A-ha are playing tonight. Hoping for The Living Daylights but apparently they’re just doing the Hunting High and Low album. Fingers crossed!

A friend saw them play their acoustic version recently and loved it
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The replies to anyone that doesn't like Craig, are also a suprise.

Only in an upsidedown world.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Arthurs is one of the original posters of http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/ from when the their forum launched, just so you know where he stands. At least Craig’s run is finally ending for those folks. It only took 15 years for their boycott to finally succeed. ;)

That place still exists???
    I have a slight confession: the song has grown on me and I like it a little bit more than I did when I first heard it. I suppose my overall disappointment was that we'd gotten another moody ballad, making it three on the bounce now. But it certainly gets better the more you hear it, which is more than I can say for TWOTW. I still think we'll get a heavily edited down version for the title sequence, just like we did with TSWLM, otherwise the titles are going to be one major slog to sit through.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Am guessing Daniel Kleinman is half-way crafting ideas for the song's title sequence....maybe they're assembling models for it. I don't need faces from Bond's past this time though. But I can understand why Kleinman did that....SP was looking like Craig's last Bond.
    I suspect the title shoot is already underway @GadgetMan. It's just shrouded in secrecy, much like the majority of this production.

I've just noticed that the SF titles were around the 4 minute mark, so it's feasible they might go with the entire song. Here's a sample video that someone's set Billie Eilish's song to the SF titles, and it clearly works...

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    bondsum wrote: »
    I suspect the title shoot is already underway @GadgetMan. It's just shrouded in secrecy, much like the majority of this production.

I've just noticed that the SF titles were around the 4 minute mark, so it's feasible they might go with the entire song. Here's a sample video that someone's set Billie Eilish's song to the SF titles, and it clearly works...

Yeah, I think the shoot should be underway....Am sure Kleinman would do a stellar work. Maybe a more action-packed & linear sequence like CR's...which I think is almost an entertaining short film on it's own.

Daniel Kleinman did the title shoot in early december. There was an article where it was confirmed.
    Jan1985 wrote: »

Daniel Kleinman did the title shoot in early december. There was an article where it was confirmed.
    That's interesting to know, thanks. I must've missed that article.

• A beautiful guitar cover. I found this channel from his Mandalorian guitar rendition.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

A beautiful guitar cover. I found this channel from his Mandalorian guitar rendition.

That is great!

A beautiful guitar cover. I found this channel from his Mandalorian guitar rendition.

I would say, listening to this, that it would be hard for anyone to say that this is an awful Bond theme or piece of music.

• AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge

Talk about dedication.
  • No Time To Die is a great Bond song One of the very best of the last 30 years. I wasn't too impressed on first listening but now I love it. Billie has had a lot of hate directed at her on social media. The trolls should back off.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    At least Craig’s run is finally ending for those folks. It only took 15 years for their boycott to finally succeed. ;)
    Dooon't rush to judgment on something like that until all the facts are in.

tumblr_p0p9v3QiqK1t5hqj3o1_250.gifv
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    At least Craig’s run is finally ending for those folks. It only took 15 years for their boycott to finally succeed. ;)
    Dooon't rush to judgment on something like that until all the facts are in.

tumblr_p0p9v3QiqK1t5hqj3o1_250.gifv

I love this optimism.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2020 Posts: 23,102
    Congratulations to Billie Eilish reaching UK number 1, I must confess its the first time I have looked at the charts in years. It can only be a positive for the film.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    No Time To Die is a great Bond song One of the very best of the last 30 years. I wasn't too impressed on first listening but now I love it. Billie has had a lot of hate directed at her on social media. The trolls should back off.
    I find it both amusing and pathetic. It seems to be mostly middle aged men who seem to have nothing better to do than attempt to cyberbully an 18 year old just because they don't like her song.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Ryan wrote: »
    No Time To Die is a great Bond song One of the very best of the last 30 years. I wasn't too impressed on first listening but now I love it. Billie has had a lot of hate directed at her on social media. The trolls should back off.
    I find it both amusing and pathetic. It seems to be mostly middle aged men who seem to have nothing better to do than attempt to cyberbully an 18 year old just because they don't like her song.

I'm a middle-age man (a month younger than DC). I like it a lot. It's not a song I would listen to if it weren't connected to Bond, but as a Bond song, I think it's terrific. And for the first time in a long, long time, my daughter and I have something to listen to and sing together in the car. (I think "Royals" by Lorde was the last one. LOL)
  • Just to complete my earlier aside, A-ha finished their gig with a 12 minute, crowd-involved The Living Daylights jam. It was magical. They incorporated some original bond theme riffs too. Made my day! Ahem, carry on.