Skyfall, a TWINE remake?

edited May 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 76
Has anyone noticed the similarities to from what we know about Skyfall at the moment to Twine?

Actors third film
Plot involves attack on mi6
Judi dench is a larger part in the story
Chase scene in london
Evil/hot looking french girl
Locations include: London, istanbul, scotland

Thankfully no denise richards. :)

Comments

• This had actually occurred to me the other day, in regards to the second and third aspects you mentioned. I know EON is trying to make original stories that shake up "the formula," but parts of Skyfall do seem to have some similarities to TWINE, when they changed things up then.
    One masssive difference.

Sir Daniel of Craig.

We dont know how it going to go? We know bits of the story but not the whole thing. Bond may join the cast of the West End and do the can can to a techno Shirley Bassey? We don't know...

If this is Denchs' last then she is going to be used more. She's an international film star and a box office draw so she is going to be more prominent. But hopefully she wont be using brooms to reach keys in jail (M at the characters nadir in my opinion).

As for a Dan footchase through London. London is full of obstacles (as anyone who has driven through it knows) and a footchase on the tube has not been done before and if done right could be the highlight of the film.

As for the locations? We also go the bright lights of Shanghai and as far as I know apart from flying low to Scaramangas island its the first time we have been to China.

Eon are pleased with 'the hook' their writers have thought up which gives me hope that this wont be another TWINE (one of my least favourites) which collapsed like a blamange after the boat chase on the Thames.

I have a feeling this one will be a good one.
    Im not complaining or anything, I just noted some similarities and thought they were interesting.
    MrDJWest wrote:
    Im not complaining or anything, I just noted some similarities and thought they were interesting.

Oh I know you are not complaining and to be honest your similiarities are pretty spot on.

Some Bond films do look similar to others.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    MrDJWest wrote:
    Has anyone noticed the similarities to from what we know about Skyfall at the moment to Twine?

Actors third film
    Plot involves attack on mi6
    Judi dench is a larger part in the story
    Chase scene in london
    Evil/hot looking french girl
    Locations include: London, istanbul, scotland

Thankfully no denise richards. :)

If it is, I hope they do it a lot better this time around.
    For that matter, lets look at the similarities between SF and GF
    - actors third film
    - features Aston Martin DB 5
    - Bond wears a gray suit
    - Bond will probably sleep with hot bad girl (and who knows, may convert her to good)
    - We have seen shots of Bond prowling around in the dark.
    - Features the Aston along the countryside.
    - We see Bond by a swimming pool

not really too many similarities to draw a conclusion, but you see my point.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    jaguar007 wrote:
    For that matter, lets look at the similarities between SF and GF
    - actors third film
    - features Aston Martin DB 5
    - Bond wears a gray suit
    - Bond will probably sleep with hot bad girl (and who knows, may convert her to good)
    - We have seen shots of Bond prowling around in the dark.
    - Features the Aston along the countryside.
    - We see Bond by a swimming pool

not really too many similarities to draw a conclusion, but you see my point.

I hope it's closer in quality to GF than to TWINE.
    WHOA! WAIT JUST A SECOND NOW.... Denise Richards was the BEST part of that movie!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    jolearon wrote:
    WHOA! WAIT JUST A SECOND NOW.... Denise Richards was the BEST part of that movie!

she was hot but she's not that good actress.
    I like TWINE the way it is so I hope SF doesn't turn out to be a remake.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I hope it's closer in quality to GF than to TWINE.

It is so rare that I do this, say anything good about TWINE that doesn't involve the N64 game, but please, God, don't let it be anything like GF!!! I'd rather not hear another Shirley Bassey-like theme song, I'd rather not have a villain anything like Auric "I'll just carry the good guy with me" Goldfinger, we deserve better than another Pussy "Man eater" Galore.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 503
    Maybe Eve will dress up in festive holiday clothing at the end of the film while shagging Bond, and Bond will say: "I thought Christmas Eve only comes once a year?"
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Bond wrote:
    Maybe Eve will dress up in festive holiday clothing at the end of the film while shagging Bond, and Bond will say: "I thought Christmas Eve only comes once a year?"

Oh God... lol, please, NO!
    come on, twine wasn't that bad. it had alot of Brosnan's only serious moments as Bond, TWINE is better than any of Moore's lousy comedy filled outings by far. Renard was an awesome villain too.
    Bond wrote:

i can just hope that this line happens...i really do
  • You can argue that SF is like FRWL

Scotland, Turkey.........
    Silva seems to be like Red Grant physical strong
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 11,425
    The similarities with TWINE have been apparent for a long timel. I think returning to Istanbul for the third time and so soon after TWINE shows a certain lack of imagination. We know they wanted to film in India originally so Turkey was obviously chosen as a last minute stand in. But surely there were other good alternatives available in Europe and Asia.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    002 wrote:
    Bond wrote:

i can just hope that this line happens...i really do

*Resisting urge to strangle...*
    come on, twine wasn't that bad. it had alot of Brosnan's only serious moments as Bond, TWINE is better than any of Moore's lousy comedy filled outings by far. Renard was an awesome villain too.

At least Moore's movie were entertaining. I'll take most of them over TWINE any day ( and I generally prefer the more serious Bond films like FRWL, OHMSS, TLD, CR etc).
    This is funny:

• edited May 2012 Posts: 2,782
    i'll stick up for this movie - it's one of PB two most successful films as Bond. GE and this. I can happily sit down and watch it all day long.

The biggest prob for me is Dench, the crazy old bat gets everywhere. Oh I didn't like the skiing bit either.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,686
    sorry but TWINE was awful. from Brosnan's dreadful overacting, to the abominable overly melodramatic story, to the painfully dull cinematography, to the very irritating characters like M, Christmas and Eletkra, to the shameful waste of talent of Robert Carlyle......
    I really enjoyed TWINE, I thought it had a good balance of humour and more serious moments. Brosnan is great, Renard is a decent memorable villian that could've been better used, M is overused but it was fresh and original in this (now it'd be more original to not overuse her), and the action is really good. Elektra is a good character and she's hot, Denise Richards isn't the best actress but she's really hot so I don't care that much.
    Twine sucked so if SF resembles it at all we are in big trouble.
    sorry but TWINE was awful. from Brosnan's dreadful overacting, to the abominable overly melodramatic story, to the painfully dull cinematography, to the very irritating characters like M, Christmas and Eletkra, to the shameful waste of talent of Robert Carlyle......

Wait, weren't you defending TWINE just a few months ago? Calling it and DAD as some of the "obvious" Flemingesque Bond films?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,686

Wait, weren't you defending TWINE just a few months ago? Calling it and DAD as some of the "obvious" Flemingesque Bond films?

I never defended TWINE. DAD yes, but not the pathetic TWINE. I rather have type 2 diabetese than defend TWINE.

I never defended TWINE. DAD yes, but not the pathetic TWINE. I rather have type 2 diabetese than defend TWINE.

Can you pick a different disease? Hitting a little close to home, there.
    Brosnan made some of the worst films ever as Bond. not just the worst Bond movies but worst films full stop.
    I understand you're no fan of GE but do you REALLY think its one of the worst films ever made? If so thats pretty laughable.
    actonsteve wrote:
    If this is Denchs' last then she is going to be used more. She's an international film star and a box office draw so she is going to be more prominent. But hopefully she wont be using brooms to reach keys in jail (M at the characters nadir in my opinion).

For me that was QOS when she basically became Bond's mum and the whole "I need to trust you" thing got out of hand.