NTTD Gun Barrel Sequence OOO O O O

Comments

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,252
    TND for me. The finality of the music after the gunshot.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    w2bond wrote: »
    TND for me. The finality of the music after the gunshot.

Just watched the Brosnan gunbarrels, and yes, I think I might prefer TND to GE; takes everything good from GE and makes it more classic with the music.
    is this our new gunbarrel? Compare to the SP one...very subtle differences that make me think this is it

p083814n.jpg

Image1.jpg?fit=1229%2C524&ssl=1

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    antovolk wrote: »
    is this our new gunbarrel? Compare to the SP one...very subtle differences that make me think this is it

p083814n.jpg

I don't think so. It's likely just a slightly altered design created by BBC.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    antovolk wrote: »

p083814n.jpg

Doubtful.

Same gunbarrel design was used in this article from a month ago.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/14/sorry-beyonce-billie-eilish-might-actually-singing-james-bond-theme-song-12056220/

PRC_120053813.jpg
    Ah! Well...thanks for correcting! False alarm..
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I'd be okay with that or the SPECTRE one, but to be honest I'm hoping for a return of the Brosnan one.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited February 2020 Posts: 8,021
    I prefer Binder’s original.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I wouldn't mind an inventive Design like CR's or SF's....if not, I prefer the Brosnan design.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited February 2020 Posts: 8,021
    I was very open to a new gun barrel years back. Craig has three consecutive new designs. Kleinman’s in CR, MK12’s in QOS, and Kleinman giving it another shot in SF. But when that Binder design returned with SP, I realized that’s all I ever really want. There’s just nothing that can top that distinct gun barrel design. And I especially like that it was more reminiscent of older gun barrels, without the CGI reflective effect of Brosnan’s.
    I was very open to a new gun barrel years back. Craig has three consecutive new designs. Kleinman’s in CR, MK12’s in QOS, and Kleinman giving it another shot in SF. But when that Binder design returned with SP, I realized that’s all I ever really want. There’s just nothing that can top that distinct gun barrel design. And I especially like that it was more reminiscent of older gun barrels, without the CGI reflective effect of Brosnan’s.

Binder's classic is what I want as well. Whenever I see the QoS or SF I think of that SIMPSONS parody that spoofed the gunbarrel.
    The SP look was fine by me. I'd just slow down the blood flow a titch and let the image sway left to right................sink, return and enlarge.

I must also add I loved the shade of blood red for SP's gunbarrel.
    Closest to Binder's hue since Binder himself did the honors. That red tint was spot on.

Having seen all the Bond films except TMWTGG on the big screen 35mm, I can attest the blood is what stands out and pops when that image is up on the screen. None of the Blu-rays quite get the red correct, though some are close. Various television calibrations are also to consider. However seeing the Bonds on 35mm, the gunbarrel image really looked amazing.
    I saw the worst possible print of THUNDERBALL once, and the gunbarrel blood still looked sharp.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Yeah, maybe something to do with his Gunbarrel music as well. I just feel all four of his Gunbarrel music suits his gait, posturing and the design. Another thing is, Brosnan had the luxury of very exciting Gunbarrel Music in all four of his films....maybe that made me like the overall elements of his Gunbarrel.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Ryan wrote: »
    I'd be okay with that or the SPECTRE one, but to be honest I'm hoping for a return of the Brosnan one.

I’ll do you one further: bring back Brosnan for the gun barrel ;)
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    I'd just like a GB sequence at the beginning of the film transitioning straight into the PTS. Hopefully that isn't too much to ask in No Time To Die.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Ryan wrote: »

I’ll do you one further: bring back Brosnan for the gun barrel ;)

Sold!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Octopussy wrote: »
    I'd just like a GB sequence at the beginning of the film transitioning straight into the PTS. Hopefully that isn't too much to ask in No Time To Die.

What if he comes in from the left this time? That would be out of left field.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,930

What if he comes in from the left this time? That would be out of left field.

Heh! Well after that guy taking 25 shots at him you'd think he'd need to think of something different to stop himself getting shot this time! :)
  • Octopussy wrote: »

Would be the first time since TWINE that we've had a fully traditional gunbarrel.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

+1 Absolutely. I just want Craig to nail a gunbarrel and then for it to go straight into the scene not a cut to black or anything else. That will hook me immediately
  • RyanRyan Canada

Would be the first time since TWINE that we've had a fully traditional gunbarrel.

Amazing to think it will have been 21 years! We need #justiceforgunbarrel.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    If George Lucas was directing NTTD he'd have the person behind the gun barrel shoot first into the wall behind Bond!
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Then have Bond spin round and shout McClunky.

I'd actually go as far to say that TLD was the last time we had a fully traditional gunbarrel.

Afterwards the Bond theme has either been completely re-arranged, or shortened in some form. Also post Binder, the sequence plays slightly faster.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,930
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I'd actually go as far to say that TLD was the last time we had a fully traditional gunbarrel.

Afterwards the Bond theme has either been completely re-arranged, or shortened in some form. Also post Binder, the sequence plays slightly faster.

But even with TLD we didn't get the riff played on a guitar: so I'd say the last fully trad one... maybe Live and Let Die? :)

GadgetMan wrote: »
    Just because we saw the same Roger Moore gun barrel footage from TSWLM being used all the way up to AVTAK doesn't make it a tradition worth maintaining. I look forward to the next actor shooting a new gun barrel for each film as well.

I always felt the Roger Moore GB from LALD and TMWTGG should've been used the whole way through his tenure. I thought it was more energetic then the ones that followed.

I agree....I prefer his pose in LALD & TMWTGG....the way his suit was one-sided immediately after he fired his gun, looked very stylish....coupled with him holding his wrist...instead of both hands like the ones that later followed....plus he wore a business suit & the trousers were normal.

Looking at this one again though: he definitely misses! :D
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 624
    If the gunbarrel isn't at the beginning of the movie I shall be very upset and will do nothing about it!

Spectre returned it to where it belongs, I have no reason to believe it will be moved again. Also, as stated before, we've had Bond-less PTS' before, so if the young Maddie part is indeed the PTS I don't see why that would be an issue.

As for the gunbarrel itself, I'd like to see them reuse the Spectre one, without the pretentious mantra inbetween the GB and the PTS.

Just my two cents.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Comments from Billie Eilish and Finneas suggest that the song comes in after the first 20 pages of the script, so based on the lyrics I'm guessing that Matera is indeed part of the PTS. Perhaps the scene on the lake won't end up amounting to much screen time. In any event, I see no reason why the gun barrel won't come first and open onto the lake scenes. Then Matera. Then the title sequence. I'm also guessing this will be the longest PTS we've had since TWINE - perhaps surpassing it.
  • Guys I think with Fukunaga's recent video blog showing his clear love for the gunbarrel, I think it's all but confirmed to be at the beginning of the film. :-bd
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Guys I think with Fukunaga's recent video blog showing his clear love for the gunbarrel, I think it's all but confirmed to be at the beginning of the film. :-bd

Yeah, when i heard that my anticipation for the film just went up a notch.

The guy understands how important it is! You listening Mendes???!!!
    Guys I think with Fukunaga's recent video blog showing his clear love for the gunbarrel, I think it's all but confirmed to be at the beginning of the film. :-bd

Haha! He did put it back for SP, but there was no excuse for leaving it off SF, really hate that opening with the loud music cue!
  • Mathis1 wrote: »

Haha! He did put it back for SP, but there was no excuse for leaving it off SF, really hate that opening with the loud music cue!

No, with Spectre Mendes said, "Fine, *spit* have your precious gunbarrel back where it belongs, but it will have a pretentious little saying after it."