NO TIME TO DIE (2020) by Billie Eilish - Theme Song Discussion

DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
edited July 2020 in No Time To Die Posts: 23,447
Please discuss the NTTD theme song by Billie Eilish here.

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    We can safely say this will be the first one to open ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    After that, we can release the real Theme Song, recorded by the mod team. 😉
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    No Time To Die by MI6 Mod Team

cover_1.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Who knew @MajorDSmythe and @Samuel001 had such beautiful voices.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That's me, right there, in the middle. I never knew I looked so much like Buster Keaton. Either way, if Adele and Sam Smith got an Oscar, this sexy lot will surely get one too.
    This thread is now open.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2020 Posts: 12,459
    delete time zone chat; sorry ... carry on :)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,630
    So .... we shall get the new theme song as of Thursday afternoon (Feb. 13th) - is that correct? B-)

Depends on your location.

In the UK, it will debut at 00:00 on February 14, sorta ironic considering that was NTTD’s former release date.

If you’re in West Coast USA, 4:00 PT tomorrow the 13th is when it will premiere.
    I believe so
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,185
    I am as excited to hear what Zimmer will add to it as i am for the song itself.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 12,459
    delete
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834
    @4EverBonded, the trailer will be out 4pm PST tomorrow (Thursday) which will be 12am GMT

Also, might as well bring this over with us :)

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I swear a saw a post with her instagram dated 13th ... which I then thought she meant it would be released on Valentines Day.
    I first thought Thursday - is it really confirmed for Thursday? I am on Pacific time already ...

How would she post on Instagram from the future? :P I'm on PST as well, so 4pm tomorrow (Thursday the 13th) for us!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,157
    I'm pretty excited, this is the second time I'm gonna listen to the title song as soon as it's released :D With Skyfall I had to wait until I got home from school, I didn't own a smartphone back then.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Where I live it is already Thursday and I swear I saw a date on the instagram post saying it was posted on 13th. Never mind - that is true for my time zone if she posted it earlier, so that is why I saw the date that way I guess. Case closed, 00, it is set for Thursday and only hours away for me. Yay! ;)

Oooooh, that makes sense; thought from your original post that you were on PST as well, but that makes sense. Excited!
    Never mind, I feel I have clogged this thread up and I am deleting my posts.
    No worries - onward we go!
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,518
    Will it be on Spotify at the same time as release do you think?
    I've got "No Time" by The Guess Who taking up the NTTD slot on my 007 playlist at the moment. I feel it fits the mood of the Matera car chase stuff we've seen. :P
    Wonder if I can buy this on iTunes

I also wonder if my iPhone will think I am a 16 year old girl for buying the song
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Really intrigued by the snippet. Sounds like a cross between "Diamonds Are Forever" and "Skyfall".
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Wonder if I can buy this on iTunes

I also wonder if my iPhone will think I am a 16 year old girl for buying the song

I was thinking about this today; the Spectre soundtrack on iTunes was unnaturally quiet, whereas on Spotify it was regular volume. Stopped using iTunes then.
    Hate to be a downer but didn’t care for the snippet. I’m partially bias though because i was hoping for something akin to You know my name.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Hate to be a downer but didn’t care for the snippet. I’m partially bias though because i was hoping for something akin to You know my name.

Given "You Know My Name" wasn't that big of a hit, it would be futile to expect a rock tune for Bond again.
  • RC7RC7

What an enormous surprise.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Not saying I don't like Ballads or Billie Eilish doing it....but sadly, this might be the end of the road for Rock Bond themes. Especially, if Eilish grabs an Oscar for it. I too wanted a Rock Bond theme....but it doesn't mean I hate Diamonds are forever.
    I'm quite intrigued by the snippet. I hope it stands on it's own as a classic Bond song and becomes one that will endure repeated listening for years to come.
    I know nothing of Billie Eilish's music other than her performance of YESTERDAY, so I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
    Then again it may be awful and one that I mock and laugh at like THE EXPERIENCE OF LOVE (which admittedly, I've grown to like somewhat).
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Not saying I don't like Ballads or Billie Eilish doing it....but sadly, this might be the end of the road for Rock Bond themes. Especially, if Eilish grabs an Oscar for it. I too wanted a Rock Bond theme....but it doesn't mean I hate Diamonds are forever.

We've had successful rock themes before. We'll have another one eventually.
    GadgetMan wrote: »

We've had successful rock themes before. We'll have another one eventually.

Exactly. We can't just forget Live and Let Die happened.
    I agree
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Just dropping this excellent video explanation here about why a Bond theme sounds like a Bond theme.
    If she does this, I think we’re safe what the sound is concerned.