NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

I like this short trailer far more than the first trailer.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,343
    infovise wrote: »
    ilEdfTE.jpg
    Maybe I'm looking a bit too deep into this but can anyone make out the person at the back of the plane? Is it Q?

Look at the hair... is Moneypenny! Back in the field. Perhaps this is the plane Bond asked Q.
  • Awesome spot! That glider sequence looks great!
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    I think you guys are right it does look like it is Moneypenny, when you zoom in closer her hair closely resembles her hair in the first trailer when she is walking with Bond and Nomi.
    I’m tired of Moneypenny and Q in the field.
    Probably my most dreaded aspect. My hype is still pretty high, but there’ll undoubtedly be a couple leftover SP elements that aren’t so great.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    No doubt we will be comb through this and slowing down footage.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    o4xMDEU.png

:-?
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    o4xMDEU.png

Ughhhhhh, I’m bracing for the Dr. No reveal I guess.
    He’s Dr. No. I give up.
    o4xMDEU.png

Yep is becoming pretty obvious...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    boys: if that is MP in the trailer (I would guess it is), she hit the eject button, or whatever it is-- i'm guessing the two 007s stole the prototype glider with MPs help and that's it.

M looks like he's under the weight of his predecessor and stuck "out-of-field" (did you see Fiennes' tortured glare as he looks up at Dench's painting??????); Tanner is no where to be seen (limited to his role), and; there's some very beautiful execution in what I just saw...

So far the two trailers have been awesome (or maybe I'm easy to satisfy, in which case: the two trailers have been awesome).

Lets get a little more positivity: a new James Bond adventure is upon us, led by a superb writer/director. To think this will be a re-hash of the last film should really be put to bed by now. They're not copying a Roger film (MISTAKE), but taking the threads of SPECTRE and finishing the Craig-era as it should have been done last time out...
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Only the new footage

llIQcjp.jpg
    bN52kUU.jpg
    Q31rrlH.jpg
    BIQ5lMw.jpg
    cKMq5dU.jpg
    2WOxBUj.jpg
    hF4Dig4.jpg
    fnKSuI8.jpg
    fD9AIwR.jpg
    dRBGmq0.jpg
    Npt43jn.jpg
    OcZH32z.jpg
    ZqMc7C6.jpg
    5swQXKO.jpg
    MvEUs7W.jpg
    N032YJ2.jpg
    PnCDqsl.jpg
    F8m7kRR.jpg
    QPIDtzX.jpg
    tMbMqIm.jpg
  • He's Dr. No's.... Clone.
    peter wrote: »
    boys: if that is MP in the trailer (I would guess it is), she hit the eject button, or whatever it is-- i'm guessing the two 007s stole the prototype glider with MPs help and that's it.

M looks like he's under the weight of his predecessor and stuck "out-of-field" (did you see Fiennes' tortured glare as he looks up at Dench's painting??????); Tanner is no where to be seen (limited to his role), and; there's some very beautiful execution in what I just saw...

So far the two trailers have been awesome (or maybe I'm easy to satisfy, in which case: the two trailers have been awesome).

Lets get a little more positivity: a new James Bond adventure is upon us, led by a superb writer/director. To think this will be a re-hash of the last film should really be put to bed by now. They're not copying a Roger film (MISTAKE), but taking the threads of SPECTRE and finishing the Craig-era as it should have been done last time out...

Yes, totally agree. As far as I know everything looks awesome. The only thing I don’t agree is the SP bit: nowhere felt and/or looked like an attempt to “copy” Moore...
    People complaining that Bond isn’t the one who flights the plane in 3, 2, 1... :D
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    FoxRox wrote: »
    He’s Dr. No. I give up.

I'm inclined to agree. He is Dr. No

But hey, if we can reimagine and bring back Blofeld than why not Dr. No, I guess.
    I believe the DR NO reveal will be established as the film ends with Ursula Andress coming out of the sea. We cut to Connery awakening and discover the entire Craig era had been a nightmare he had while sleeping on the beach. Boom, we're back to the original timeline.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    o4xMDEU.png

Great catch. I don't know how I feel about this, but I think... excitement.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I believe the DR NO reveal will be established as the film ends with Ursula Andress coming out of the sea. We cut to Connery awakening and discover the entire Craig era had been a nightmare he had while sleeping on the beach. Boom, we're back to the original timeline.

In all seriousness, I’m starting to wonder if they’re going to find someway to merge the timelines.
    o4xMDEU.png

Great catch. I don't know how I feel about this, but I think... excitement.

I saw that too this guy is dr. No
    FoxRox wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

In all seriousness, I’m starting to wonder if they’re going to find someway to merge the timelines.

I wouldn't mind some loose merging of timelines, as long as NTTD stands on it's own as a Bond film regardless.

Just know that the series doesn't end with the Craig era.
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada
    Birdleson wrote: »
    @Agent_47 That probably wasn’t the most encouraging example.

Yeah, I guess not.

Hopefully they can pull it off. I have faith in Cary and the writing team.

As I've said before, my fears are not with NTTD... but with what comes next.
    I am worried about this film yet excited.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    So not only are they not ignoring the events of SP, but they're doubling down and bringing back another iconic villain. Remember years ago when people speculated that the Craig era would end leading up to the events of DN? I never thought it would actually happen! It still probably won't but it's hard to get excited about this.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    007Blofeld wrote: »

no one said that! The Craig Bond era ends, not James Bond...
    007Blofeld wrote: »

no one said that! The Craig Bond era ends, not James Bond...

He's your favorite Bond that's why I say that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834
    I dont' think they're gonna merge them. That would be really weird, and not something I think anyone would do. As for the Dr. No thing, I think we're also reaching. Is it possible we're just noticing influences, easter eggs or just plain old coincidences? I just think these things are way too fan-fic for the real movies. I would imagine they've learnt from the Blofeld mistake.

Also I'd pick a favourite shot from the trailer but I love every single one.