Going away or coming back?

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I'm leaving.

Why are you leaving, @PropertyOfALady?

People like you. Nah, I'm not. 'Twas a wee joke.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I'm leaving.

:)) Sorry Dimi, that did make me laugh
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    I'm leaving.

:)) Sorry Dimi, that did make me laugh

Didn't make me laugh. I'm leaving and ain't never comin' back!
    Except when I do.
    Which is now. :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Is that Blofeld's crew? Same suits if you ask me...
    Affleck's attrocious singing never fails to make me cringe.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2019 Posts: 17,786
    royale65 wrote: »
    I'm back only to find a exodus happening around these here parts. Was it something I said?

Don't believe everything you read on facebook ;)

I think that this refers to me? I will now explain things more in-depth for all concerned. It seems that my prediction of a "mass exodus" from MI6 Community on Facebook was taken a little too seriously by some who happened to see it there. It was really nothing more than a facetious remark and was not intended for a wider audience, originally being a throwaway utterance made in a private message. I also unfortunately made the remark that the mods here could be a little heavy-handed in their actions at times. I made that remark in an open post on Facebook. I wish to retract that statement also.

If anyone here was offended by my remarks on Facebook may I take this opportunity to sincerely apologise to you here. I was not meaning to cause offence or proffer criticism of the actions of the mods here. I fully understand that the mods have a difficult enough job here in keeping the peace and that rules have to be enforced and respected by all members or not at all (and that would quickly lead to anarchy). In future I will avoid any discussion about this community online. That is certainly a lesson learned for me.

Please understand that my loyalty is still very much with this site, its admins, mods and ordinary members like myself. It is one of the few James Bond forums to actually accept me as a member and I will defend it whenever and wherever I can. I'm immensely proud to be a member of the largest Bond community online and I intend to remain in position for (hopefully) a good while yet. :)
    No sweat mate, check your PM
    No sweat mate, check your PM

Thank you, @NicNac. Read and understood. :)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    royale65 wrote: »
    I'm back only to find a exodus happening around these here parts. Was it something I said?

Don't believe everything you read on facebook ;)

I think that this refers to me? I will now explain things more in-depth for all concerned. It seems that my prediction of a "mass exodus" from MI6 Community on Facebook was taken a little too seriously by some who happened to see it there. It was really nothing more than a facetious remark and was not intended for a wider audience, originally being a throwaway utterance made in a private message. I also unfortunately made the remark that the mods here could be a little heavy-handed in their actions at times. I made that remark in an open post on Facebook. I wish to retract that statement also.

If anyone here was offended by my remarks on Facebook may I take this opportunity to sincerely apologise to you here. I was not meaning to cause offence or proffer criticism of the actions of the mods here. I fully understand that the mods have a difficult enough job here in keeping the peace and that rules have to be enforced and respected by all members or not at all (and that would quickly lead to anarchy). In future I will avoid any discussion about this community online. That is certainly a lesson learned for me.

Please understand that my loyalty is still very much with this site, its admins, mods and ordinary members like myself. It is one of the few James Bond forums to actually accept me as a member and I will defend it whenever and wherever I can. I'm immensely proud to be a member of the largest Bond community online and I intend to remain in position for (hopefully) a good while yet. :)

Ah, so that's what @NicNac meant. Perhaps donating to the "Mods Xmas Party Fund" would be in order @Dragonpol? I heard @DarthDimi was looking to buy a pillory for their annual hootenanny.
    I can't speak for all but I'm known to take bribes. That's what's keeping @Thunderfinger from getting the boot.

@Dragonpol, thank you for your post, sir. I'm not active on FB and I wish to stay that way. But still, thank you.
    I can't speak for all but I'm known to take bribes. That's what's keeping @Thunderfinger from getting the boot.

@Dragonpol, thank you for your post, sir. I'm not active on FB and I wish to stay that way. But still, thank you.

I felt that I had to say something though I've since learned that @NicNac's post was not aimed at me specifically, which is a relief.

On the matter of Facebook, trust me, it's not worth it! I don't use it very much myself any more.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185
    I will take a little break, at least for one month, but possibly more.
    Especially with the next trailer arriving i would really like to distance myself from all the social media frenzy for once, and simply enjoy things, like we used to in the old days. And i have too much stuff to do in the next weeks as well, so i don't want to be distracted too much.

I'll be back though.

I might have to ask one of the nice mod chaps to ban my account, as this is a tough habit to break after 5 years, but i'll try on my own until Wednsday.

Take care chaps, 00_Agent out.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    00Agent wrote: »
    Especially with the next trailer arriving i would really like to distance myself from all the social media frenzy for once, and simply enjoy things, like we used to in the old days. And i have too much stuff to do in the next weeks as well, so i don't want to be distracted too much.

I'll be back though.

I might have to ask one of the nice mod chaps to ban my account, as this is a tough habit to break after 5 years, but i'll try on my own until Wednsday.

Cheers and 00_Agent out.

Hope to see you back soon mate, a break even if only for a few days is often needed. The interweb will for surely go nuclear over the teaser trailer its the sign of the Times lol

take it easy
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    See you later then, @00Agent . Asking for a ban seems so exaggeratedly dramatic. Just delete the bookmark for now, that way it will take some more effort to come visiting.
    Thanks guys, and i will be definitly back, as i enjoy being around here and talking to all of you :) Definitly before the movie premiers.
    See you later then, @00Agent . Asking for a ban seems so exaggeratedly dramatic. Just delete the bookmark for now, that way it will take some more effort to come visiting.

I guess you are right. It has become quite a habit (Contessa Teresa) but deleting the bookmarks should do the trick.

See you all next year! Have a good one.
    In the meantime, Merry Christmas
    7ccba54a396ae477a092dea947213c28.jpg
    and a Happy New Year!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    That Christmas present is difficult to top
    She seems fit enough. Have her report to me in Instanbul in 24 Days.
    (Couldn't pass that one up)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited December 2019 Posts: 6,716
    00Agent wrote: »

I'll be back though.

Take care chaps, 00_Agent out.
    Just in case, you can always call the Colders Federation, @00Agent. Our highly-trained professionals offer emotional support to those who want to make life-changing adjustments in how they experience the months previous to the release of NTTD.

(Take care!)
    I think NTTD is going to be a great Bond film, unfortunately I think on this site it will be almost impossible to avoid Spoilers. Taking a few weeks break
    I think NTTD is going to be a great Bond film, unfortunately I think on this site it will be almost impossible to avoid Spoilers. Taking a few weeks break

Have a good one. Fire_and_Ice always Returns.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Can't blame you at all for that. People have already made spoiler posts aimlessly and don't know how to spoiler tag. I figure I'll have myself a hiatus in the coming months, too, much closer to release. Looking forward to your return and take care.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    In the meantime, Merry Christmas
    7ccba54a396ae477a092dea947213c28.jpg
    and a Happy New Year!

I wonder if Christmas likes candy canes.

if-you-know-what-i-meme_o_266562.jpg
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Can't blame you at all for that. People have already made spoiler posts aimlessly and don't know how to spoiler tag. I figure I'll have myself a hiatus in the coming months, too, much closer to release. Looking forward to your return and take care.

I also worry about random spoiler threads being created by newcomers once marketing shifts into high gear. I might just decide to skip the general discussion page altogether and bookmark certain "safe" threads.
    Cheers guys though @mattjoes has a good solution, I will just bookmark my bookmark page and not go on the main page if I can help it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I tended to stay solely on the trivia and games, and the stats, threads when a new Bond film neared (for SF as a lurker, for SP as a member), but now that I'm a mod I feel that I have a responsibility to stay involved in these times when we expect the most traffic.

That's understandable. If it comes to NTTD-related threads, I just try to skim and keep an eye out for heated arguments, double posts, etc. All it takes is one single spoiler comment to wreck it all.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Birdleson wrote: »
    now that I'm a mod I feel that I have a responsibility to stay involved in these times when we expect the most traffic.

So mods, lots to be done. Are you ready to get back to work?

45-DB32-CD-1-F90-461-D-AAC4-C51-D0022-A01-B.png

mattjoes wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I also worry about random spoiler threads being created by newcomers once marketing shifts into high gear. I might just decide to skip the general discussion page altogether and bookmark certain "safe" threads.

Yep, this always seems to happen when a new Bond is round the corner. We will do everything we can to keep the place as free of spoilers as possible, but sometimes we are closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, as it were.

Duck and dive as much as you can if you want to stay spoiler free and we will be vigilant.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Figured I'd check in for a bit.