No Time to Die production thread

Comments

peter wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    i think people just don't like "this" team up as its similar to jinx. the female Bond

We don't know if it's similar to Jinx-- and hopefully not since Fukunaga is a superior story-teller and wouldn't stoop to the stereotypical "yo momma" idiocies of DAD.

The ”yo momma” is a series low point IMO.

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,126
    mtm wrote: »
    i think people just don't like "this" team up as its similar to jinx. the female Bond

She didn’t work for MI6 though: apparently it’s only the MI6 ones which are bad..? It’s a very confusing set of rules.

I know it was their first attempt at the idea. because Bond is supposed to be the only one at MI6 i guess not anymore. I guess they hadn't got to their point across about female empowerment lessons and a women only society. kill bond now and watch the whole audience and fans roar in excitement look at us we are pc now. give us a gold star.

We don't know if it's similar to Jinx-- and hopefully not since Fukunaga is a superior story-teller and wouldn't stoop to the stereotypical "yo momma" idiocies of DAD.

@peter well i wouldn't be shocked by anything anymore its the last bond film of a current bond and preproduction has been a disaster. he probably kept the tampon thing in and added some things to make sure bond fans are educated on womens issues. (sent you a DM)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Matt007 wrote: »

Jinx, written differently, sultry sophistication rather than street, could have been a wonderful character. Halle Berry, and Bond , was done a disservice

• peterpeter Toronto
    talos7 wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »

Jinx, written differently, sultry sophistication rather than street, could have been a wonderful character. Halle Berry, and Bond , was done a disservice

Woeful... ugh...

As I said to @007Blofeld in DM-- this is my theory on Nomi (I'm quite excited by the character)...: in the round table interview posted on EW (I think), Lynch hinted that her character is full of fronts; she's highly skilled, as we can see, but she wants to be the best at everything, a perfectionist. She also sounds like a kiss ass to Mallory (if Mallory says do it like this, we MUST do it like this); she plays things by the book, and I think this cocky, arrogant teacher's pet will learn from Bond: not all things can be played by the book:
    it appears that she helps Bond storm Safin's compound. But in pics and vid, suddenly she's no longer by Bond's side. She's been captured at this point (seriously injured??); I think Bond will defeat Safin (obviously), but sacrifice himself in some way, to save Nomi... (not necessarily death, but...???), and she will learn from this mentor that things and situations sometimes can't be played by the book, but by instinct instead...

Another random thoguht...

I am 99% sure they'll tease the end of Craig/the new Bond in this movie

They tried that in the last movie with Bond riding into the sunset

I wouldn't be surprised if NTTD ends with a "cliffhanger" as in

Nomi dies near the end

M talks to Craig: So...there's a spot that needs to be filled... we are one double-oh short....do you have any ideas who should be the new 007?

Craig smirks..

The end

Idk, I am like pretty sure they'll do some meta thing with Craig/007
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited January 2020 Posts: 8,250
    dragonsky wrote: »

Nomi dies near the end

M talks to Craig: So...there's a spot that needs to be filled... we are one double-oh short....do you have any ideas who should be the new 007?

Craig smirks..

The end

For thirty seconds, I also thought Nomi would die-- as @Shardlake can tell you. Now I feel CF wants her to learn something and it's Bond who sacrifices something that frees her; she, the younger generation, will learn from this Old Dog and will realize that things can't be played by the book.

Nomi dies near the end

Craig smirks..

The end

For thirty seconds, I also thought Nomi would die-- as @Shardlake can tell you. Now I feel CF wants her to learn something and it's Bond who sacrifices something that frees her; she, the younger generation, will learn from this Old Dog and will realize that things can't be played by the book.

Who is CF?

Hmm..interesting take. Cause I think the dynamic will be different, as in Bond will try to do things "old school" and Nomi will be more "not by the book" type of agent, so Bond will have to deal with him being the "normal" one for a change since he is usually the reckless one
    Who is CF ? 😳
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Our director.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited January 2020 Posts: 8,250

Nomi dies near the end

Craig smirks..

The end

Who is CF?

Hmm..interesting take. Cause I think the dynamic will be different, as in Bond will try to do things "old school" and Nomi will be more "not by the book" type of agent, so Bond will have to deal with him being the "normal" one for a change since he is usually the reckless one

Cary Fukunaga-- CF, the director... Lashana gave hints in the round table that she's ballsy, never admits faults, but she is more by the book and teacher's pet.

If that is the case, we know James Bond has always been the opposite of "by-the-book" mentality...

And if that holds true, that means Nomi will learn from Bond that by the book won't work when you need experience and instinct.

EDIT: And, @dragonsky PWB said Bond doesn't need to change his hardwiring-- he is who he is... and James Bond-- through all his interpretations-- has always been a rule-breaker (in whatever degree)...
  • DrunkIrishPoetDrunkIrishPoet The Amber Coast
    There is only ONE way Nomi can die without triggering an anti-anti-PC backlash ("How dare they kill off the powerful Black woman?!!):
    Gloriously.
    "No, James. Maddy needs you. I got this." (Sacrifices herself to save the world and her friends; Bond & Swann evacuate to safety, end up mashing on a rubber dinghy.)
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 1,469

Nomi dies near the end

Craig smirks..

The end

You could be right about this. Or if Nomi lives, who says MI6 can't swap numbers and give Bond back 007. I think they'll define this before the end of the film.

On previous posts about Bond teaming up with agents or others, I think EON has handled it fairly well heretofore; we know Bond films aren't buddy films and that Bond Is The Man; we know Bond usually can't save the world all by himself and needs help sometimes. The bottom line is, does having Bond team up with someone serve the story. Or is it just a gimmick. Many times it's to serve the story.

I also have zero interest in seeing any "Bond universe" films beyond those for James Bond himself.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    ...the Rumours of PWB being told to pen Bond 26...
    Thanks for bringing this up; I hadn't heard of this till now. Though I'm not familiar with her previous work, I've suspected she might add a feminist, "woke" aspect to NTTD, so the idea of her writing on 26 concerns me. In November, Phoebe Waller-Bridge told BBC radio, when "Asked if the producers had wanted her to help change the macho culture of Bond and the franchise, she said no. “They were already doing that themselves,” she said. “They’re having that conversation with themselves the whole time.” Undoubtedly, to stay abreast of the times. And in a Deadline article from last May, she said, “There’s been a lot of talk about whether or not [the Bond franchise] is relevant now because of who he is and the way he treats women,” she said. “I think that’s bollocks. I think he’s absolutely relevant now. It has just got to grow. It has just got to evolve, and the important thing is that the film treats the women properly. He doesn’t have to. He needs to be true to this character.” I don't think Bond has treated women badly in most scenes or that the films are bad that way, though a few scenes come to mind with violent actions or some sexism. Whoever writes 26, I hope they and the producers will keep it from getting any less macho than it already has been.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7509401/Fleabag-star-Phoebe-Waller-Bridge-wooed-help-write-future-James-Bond-film.html
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,126

Nomi dies near the end

Craig smirks..

The end

Who is CF?

Cary Fukunaga-- CF, the director... Lashana gave hints in the round table that she's ballsy, never admits faults, but she is more by the book and teacher's pet.

If that is the case, we know James Bond has always been the opposite of "by-the-book" mentality...

And if that holds true, that means Nomi will learn from Bond that by the book won't work when you need experience and instinct.

nomi could turn into a traitor and team up with malek and hold bond hostage meanwhile at mi6 it gets raided via the first thing we see in the trailer and blofeld escapes and the scooby gang get kidnapped. just an idea.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Not a bad idea, @007Blofeld ... But I'm going to bet that Nomi appears to be this kick ass strong smart-ass, who, in the end, has her own weaknesses she's trying to cover to actually keep up with Bond.

And then, when she storms the HQ of Safin-- fear takes over, she gets captured. And when Bond saves her, she will learn something from him, from his spirit... I really think Bond and his "actions" will be the "teachable moments" and humble the new Double )(7).
    Not a bad idea, @007Blofeld ... But I'm going to bet that Nomi appears to be this kick ass strong smart-ass, who, in the end, has her own weaknesses she's trying to cover to actually keep up with Bond.

And then, when she storms the HQ of Safin-- fear takes over, she gets captured. And when Bond saves her, she will learn something from him, from his spirit... I really think Bond and his "actions" will be the "teachable moments" and humble the new Double )(7).

@peter I'm still trying to figure out here purpose or role in this movie its pretty baffling.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Nomi dies near the end

Craig smirks..

The end

That’s actually pretty fun :)

Maybe they’ll end it on a FRWL-novel style cliffhanger: is Bond about to die?
    Some articles are popping up that make it clear that Lynch Is not Craig’s replacement.
    https://screenrant.com/no-time-die-lashana-lynch-007-not-new-james-bond-daniel-craig/
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I can’t believe that people need that explaining to them. They really shouldn’t get angry about something they have so little understanding of, but that’s the world at the moment I guess.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,157

Nomi dies near the end

Craig smirks..

The end

Yeah, I believe so.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mtm wrote: »
    I can’t believe that people need that explaining to them. They really shouldn’t get angry about something they have so little understanding of, but that’s the world at the moment I guess.

Absolutely the norm, when it comes to everything.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited January 2020 Posts: 524
    I feel bad for Naomie Harris... Now they've found someone else to do the stunts for the phone ad.

• dragonsky wrote: »

Nomi dies near the end

Craig smirks..

The end

Either this, or M asks Bond if he will come back to 00 section, and Bond saying sth like "under one condition" - noting that he wants his number back.

I really hope they use either of the ideas
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 3,164
    This ad stuff does make me wonder whether they'll indeed officially reveal her as 007 in the next trailer, then paving the way for her being referred to as 007 in the ad...
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    antovolk wrote: »

How do we know it's for Nokia? I'm a missing something? Daily claims it but...
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Contraband wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »

How do we know it's for Nokia? I'm a missing something? Daily claims it but...

Nokia still exists? Well, you learn something new every day.
    Her stunt-double in the pictures is Marie Mouroum who also doubled for Lashana in NTTD.
  • "The world has moved on, Commander Bond"
    "Well, and you use Nokia phones??"
    Is this an official account for EON? Seen it many times, often geo-tagged at Pinewood

007everythingornothing
    ‘No Time to Call’ 📱@lashanalynch as Double 0 agent Nomi was spotted filming a #Bond inspired advert for @nokia in London yesterday. 📺 Shots included rooftop jumping and taking to a motorcycle through the streets of the capital. The advert once released will of course continue to build the excitement ahead of the latest #007 adventure, #NoTimeToDie which is released in cinemas worldwide this April. .

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    danielcc wrote: »
    "The world has moved on, Commander Bond"
    "Well, and you use Nokia phones??"

Haha, excellent!