No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2020 Posts: 2,541
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Still holding out a little hope for the classic navy suit as well from YOLT, TSWLM, and TND!

Same.

That is what you would call a parade uniform.

Hmm.... Still think Royal Navy uniform is iconic for James Bond not just for parade. Neither of the actors wore it for any parade.
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQA6BpkULt8b0vciW5QwsRhlmk4L37N_oMyL8ADC2yFIUKGPB0A
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    It's true the full military dress uniform has a place, the film could find that.

On to 2027 is the next logical placement, @Resurrection. Though earlier is welcome, of course.

In the lurch there is the Pea Coat and the Royal Navy Submariner sweater on display in the latest films.

edited January 2020 Posts: 2,541
    It's true the full military dress uniform has a place, the film could find that.

On to 2027 is the next logical placement, @Resurrection. Though earlier is welcome, of course.

In the lurch there is the Pea Coat and the Royal Navy Submariner sweater on display in the latest films.

The one's Daniel wearing looks like simple jumper. I didn't even knew it was navy jumper upuntil someone mentioned it.
    Good point about the peacoat though or something like this if they do not want to go for the parade one's.
    223222__24650.1342531177.380.500.jpg?c=2
  • It's sometimes called a Commando Sweater or a NATO Sweater - many militaries have a version if it. Craig's is bespoke but pretty similar, as mentioned, to the classic U.K. Wooly Pully.
    That looks like an amazing set. Don't know why but it reminds me of the penguin lair in Batman Returns.
  • Cool new photo of Craig and Lynch...they look like a good team. I ope they have a fight sequence on par with the bathroom fight with Tom Cruise and Henry Cavill in Fallout.

5e1d88815dadb.jpg
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 6,665
    I hate teams. Bond is about a lone wolf against a maniacal figure or a group or even the entire world. Bond is not about tag teams, MI teams, buddy ensembles, scooby gangs, ...

But...ok, the story will speak for itself, maybe it'll make sense, maybe that's what Bond is all about now, earpieces, team work, team Mi6, ...blah blah.

Nah, I just don't like it. The only time it really served a narrative purpose that I could get behind of, was in TLD, in the beginning. And maybe in GE. But whenever Bond gets together with a fellow agent, I just skip it.

And yes, of course if Nomi were a man, I'd be saying the exact same thing. Even more so, in fact. Because her being a Bond girl (sorry, eh eh, woman), saves it a bit. But this several 00s in the game just doesn't fit within the mythos. They were supposed to be unseen and only heard about. That was part of the mystique.

My two cents nagging, this, that's all.
    "Daniel, can you just tuck you shirt cuff behind the watch and point it right at the camera?. Good lad."

patb wrote: »
    "Daniel, can you just tuck you shirt cuff behind the watch and point it right at the camera?. Good lad."

That watch serves a purpose. Misdirection.

Henchman - Ohhh, is that the new Omega?
    Bond - Blam! Right in the middle of the eyes with the riffle butt.
    I mean, that's why Nomi as 007 makes this so interesting. It's not just Bond teaming up with some other 00, but his successor.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 1,081
    Cool new photo of Craig and Lynch...they look like a good team. I ope they have a fight sequence on par with the bathroom fight with Tom Cruise and Henry Cavill in Fallout.

5e1d88815dadb.jpg

That's an awesome fight in Fallout. The images we've seen of this particular set which would appear to be Safin's lair evoke Ken Adam. I'm really liking the look of it. I do agree with @Univex, though. While I'd be happy if they enter together, I think that ultimately Craig has to go it alone in the end.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    antovolk wrote: »

I like this posturing....very stylish.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Univex wrote: »
    I hate teams. Bond is about a lone wolf against a maniacal figure or a group or even the entire world. Bond is not about tag teams, MI teams, buddy ensembles, scooby gangs, ...

But...ok, the story will speak for itself, maybe it'll make sense, maybe that's what Bond is all about now, earpieces, team work, team Mi6, ...blah blah.

Nah, I just don't like it. The only time it really served a narrative purpose that I could get behind of, was in TLD, in the beginning. And maybe in GE. But whenever Bond gets together with a fellow agent, I just skip it.

And yes, of course if Nomi were a man, I'd be saying the exact same thing. Even more so, in fact. Because her being a Bond girl (sorry, eh eh, woman), saves it a bit. But this several 00s in the game just doesn't fit within the mythos. They were supposed to be unseen and only heard about. That was part of the mystique.

+1

Bond often works as part of a team esp in the final showdown with the villain. His allies are some of the most enjoyable characters in the films.

The main time he really goes lone wolf is LTK but even then Q and Pam chip in.

I agree though Bond should be leading from the front
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 4,599
    There is some very clever imagery going on here in that last shot, a blue collar , "John McClane", sleeves rolled up image that pushes the boundaries a little re the Bond image.

In terms of him "going it alone",
    , assuming it's the same scene (fair as he is dressed the same , with the same gun, location etc ), then he has lost his jumper and he has lost 007. IMHO, this possibly confirms my guess that she is shot, out of action/dead and he uses the jumper to help stop the bleeding (and give a better view of the watch :-) ) Either that or its "lets split up, you go that way, give me a second, boy, it's hot in here, Ill just take my jumper off"

There is some very clever imagery going on here in that last shot, a blue collar , "John McClane", sleeves rolled up image that pushes the boundaries a little re the Bond image.

, assuming it's the same scene (fair as he is dressed the same , with the same gun, location etc ), then he has lost his jumper and he has lost 007. IMHO, this possibly confirms my guess that she is shot, out of action/dead and he uses the jumper to help stop the bleeding (and give a better view of the watch :-) ) Either that or its "lets split up, you go that way, give me a second, boy, it's hot in here, Ill just take my jumper off"

Yeah, though I am pretty sure that
    007/Nomi is ultimately alive. In the trailer we get that shot of Bond in the same outfit but a trench coat, as Nomi rolls up to him in her Aston. Seems like near the end of the film if I'm honest.

I guess we can figure out where this is going order wise - Nomi and Bond infiltrate the base, then Bond splits with her and meets Safin, at some point there loses the jumper and escapes the lair, meets up with Madeleine (possibly captured?) leading to the big Toyota/Land Rover chase
    antovolk wrote: »
    I mean, that's why Nomi as 007 makes this so interesting. It's not just Bond teaming up with some other 00, but his successor.

Alas I find Bond having a successor as titillating as him being a green rookie agent. I have little interest in this sort of character arcs. It's been done to death. Bond should always be set apart from these paint by number ropes. IMO, of course. But if CR worked, and SF worked by playing with these settings, I guess NTTD could/should work as well. One hopes it does :)

Yes, I agree, one of the two.

It's the same top in the trailer but different trousers/shoes. IMHO, Nomi driving up in the Aston is much earlier as it's a perfect "subverting Bond" scene to help establish the characters.
    It's the same top in the trailer but different trousers/shoes. IMHO, Nomi driving up in the Aston is much earlier as it's a perfect "subverting Bond" scene to help establish the characters.

What sharp little eyes you've got ;) Well spotted.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 4,599
    Now I have a machine gun...will Bond's top get grubbier throughtout the action?

bruce-willis-die-hard-trilogy-john-mcclane-die-hard-film-series-png-favpng-pZBNmEcdjuujgHjYPb0zWyLhM.jpg
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Am eagerly anticipating the theatrical release poster as well....maybe something hyper-stylish this time....and I wouldn't mind a tagline as well....on the poster of course, not on screen....coz i can't stomach another 'The Dead Are Alive' scenario.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    Any idea on poster 2 timeframe?

Also we still have some TV spots, title song, trailer 2 and maybe some snippets from the score and clips.

Or do we think this time around we won’t have 1 or 2 pieces of the score before the film due to the short timeframe to work on it?

Also, from memory does anyone know how close to release we begin to receive clips from the film? If I remember correctly it’s usually about 2-3 weeks before release when the cast etc do the media rounds and tv plugs / interviews....

🍸
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

+2

Nothing is more exciting than one person against the odds, with only their experience and wits to save the day
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Jordo007 wrote: »

+2

Nothing is more exciting than one person against the odds, with only their experience and wits to save the day

Bond has been "teamed" before, in different variations, most recently with Camille Montes in QoS. In each case, Bond does end up working solo, to some degree. With NTTD, we get that sense in some of the shots and footage from the trailer.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @TripAces yeah that is a good point mate.
    I just wish they didn't keep showing us him teamed up with people throughout the film, which seems to be the case at the moment, Madeline, Felix, Moneypenny and him go to see Q together, then Nomi and Bond raid Safin's lair. It just feels very team orientated at the moment.
    But listen that's only a slight concern and ultimately it'll be judged on the finished product, not the promo pictures.

That set design looks fantastic, I can't wait to see that in the cinema and Daniel looks cool in tactical gear
  • RC7RC7
    Much ado about nothing.
    That set looks fantastic. Can't wait to see it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    79542538_1032483787113621_1710220222853039952_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=LPeoRqAhs94AX8L9mi9&oh=ca39dff14aa04e5de0e9b2cbdc996b46&oe=5EA76EF7
    With this big standee up in the foyer of my local cinema, I suddenly got the feeling it is right around the corner now.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    79542538_1032483787113621_1710220222853039952_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=LPeoRqAhs94AX8L9mi9&oh=ca39dff14aa04e5de0e9b2cbdc996b46&oe=5EA76EF7
    With this big standee up in the foyer of my local cinema, I suddenly got the feeling it is right around the corner now.

When I see this standee, I can't help but think the concerns over Nomi being 007 are completely overblown. THIS MAN IS 007.