No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Merry Christmas to all my fellow Bond fans!! No Time To Die is literally just around the corner too.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Merry Christmas to all my fellow Bond fans!! No Time To Die is literally just around the corner too.

Indeed....Merry Christmas to the intellectual Beings called 'Bond fans'. The proper Countdown to NTTD starts after Christmas....Like u, I can't wait.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Well deserved, @Contraband! Congratulations :-)!

JamesCraig wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    For the record, SP isn't nearly as bad as its reputation.
    As you said, @TripAces.

I agree. It has his flaws, and yes the foster brother thing will always be horribly executed and should've never happened, but the vitriol SP gets is sometimes even worse than DAD.
    And even that isn't half as bad as some people say :-))

Imho it is.

• edited December 2019 Posts: 68
    Merry Christmas to everyone on the forums! This year will be a blast with NTTD waiting in the wings with EON, ready to be made into a final cut and released for us hungry Bond fans to feast on.

I am new member here :). I have signed up primarily to discuss NTTD and the implications of what we know from the production so far, the Bond Reveal and more.

I stayed up late to feast on the Bond "Reveal" here in my country and already have a few theories about the movie (but those will have to wait until another post ; )) especially about Safin who I predict will become a major villain, up there with the likes of Goldfinger, Renard, Blofeld, and Scaramanga. Rami Malik is still very young and I expect to see him returning as a villain in future Bonds but possibly not always as a main villain, he could be a side villain or secondary threat in future films.

Do you think that Rami Malik's race will play a part in his character, Safin? Rami was born to Egyptian parents, we may see a scene set in Egypt (think Pyramids) though this has been done before in TSWLM. Also it is dangerous to shoot films there.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Merry Christmas to all :)
  • Speculation: Billie Eillish to sign the title song for NTTD?

I should preface this by saying that I am purely speculating here, but not without any basis. Cary Fukunaga only follows a few select people on his public Instagram account. As recently as yesterday, he began following Billie Eillish and her songwriter brother.

It could be nothing. He could simply be a fan. Though Eillish is one of the biggest singers around today. She is very zeitgeisty and hip. I have heard zero music from her. But you have to admit, it's curious that CJF is following here......

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Wow, she's younger than me. Well, I'd be up for it. We'll know for sure in a couple of months.
    Billie who the f? Am I getting old, or has the world gone mad?
    CJF seems to be a ladies' man, so I'm not necessarily surprised he follows one. But I guess if that is the case, he has a different reason for following the brother, haha.

Contraband wrote: »
    Thanks @boldfinger and @NickTwentyTwo

BTW: The other day I tweeted a pic with Craig and Ralph Fiennes along with a funny text. This morning mr Fiennes both liked it and retweeted. Haha
    @Contraband, you're getting somewhere, keep it up!

As you said, @TripAces.

I agree. It has his flaws, and yes the foster brother thing will always be horribly executed and should've never happened, but the vitriol SP gets is sometimes even worse than DAD.

Imho it is.
    Opinions differ quite a lot. I rate DAD among the best Bond films of the last 30 years. And obviously enough people went to see it to allow the claim that by far not all people disliked it.

• MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    edited December 2019 Posts: 98
    Billie Eilish ? Perfect! I like her work, it's pop, catchy, and dark at the same time

+ I know she's appealing to youngsters, that would be a very clever move from CJF/EON

edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497
    CJF seems to be a ladies' man, so I'm not necessarily surprised he follows one. But I guess if that is the case, he has a different reason for following the brother, haha.

BTW: The other day I tweeted a pic with Craig and Ralph Fiennes along with a funny text. This morning mr Fiennes both liked it and retweeted. Haha

As you said, @TripAces.

Imho it is.
    Opinions differ quite a lot. I rate DAD among the best Bond films of the last 30 years. And obviously enough people went to see it to allow the claim that by far not all people disliked it.

Of course not all people disliked it, just like not all people disliked SP.

I have never seen a Bondfilm that I completely hate. So yes, I like DAD's opening & PB's performance.

Can we please move on from this now, thanks.
  • No offense but P2D always infers things from people following each other on Instagram.

I have no reason to read anything into this yet.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 4,400
    No offense but P2D always infers things from people following each other on Instagram.

I have no reason to read anything into this yet.

Perhaps....

But CJF starts following her and she was in London this week. Seems to me that this at the very least could be NTTD related.

See her photo posted yesterday...

Plus a new video from the official 007 channel

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I can't see Eilish doing it to be honest. Dua Lipa seems far more likely.

The song was probably recorded months ago.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247
    Sadly, Chris Cornell isn't here today....I wanted him to end the Craig era with another great rock Bond theme...which means Arnold might have also returned. I think anyone who does a Bond theme these days, already knows how Bond sounds....coz apart from Skyfall, Adele's songs don't sound Bondian , including Sam Smith's.The Singer simply knows he/she is in Bond territory & quickly adapts.My main concern these days is the composer not incorporating the song enough in his score. Something that would have made Newman's scores better.....Especially SP's.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    jake24 wrote: »

Most likely. WotW was recorded in January 2015, 10 months before the movie's premiere.

A Reddit user said they work in the industry and they know that Kleinman's title sequence has been filmed already - the user provided no proof of their identity so they may have lied about that, but if they didn't that means the song has been recorded already.
  • What I like is that so far they are sticking to the same video material and not giving away too much. Somehow I hope there will not be a second trailer
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,126
    danielcc wrote: »
    What I like is that so far they are sticking to the same video material and not giving away too much. Somehow I hope there will not be a second trailer

There probably will be for the super bowl and then that's it. If not that then another at least big tv spot.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    danielcc wrote: »
    What I like is that so far they are sticking to the same video material and not giving away too much. Somehow I hope there will not be a second trailer

Why would you hope that? Watching trailers is not mandatory.
  • But almost inevitable if you are a fun
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 4,400

Umm....I'm not so sure. Dua Lipa's style is more dance-music. On the other hand, Billie Eilish is far more suited. She has a terrific voice and a very haunting, melancholic style.

Initially when I heard her name, I thought it sounded like pandering. Like Eon were chasing after a younger audience, but having listened to her stuff, I totally see her doing it.

• RC7RC7
    If they swerve Arctic Monkeys they’ve made a huge mistake.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    RC7 wrote: »
    If they swerve Arctic Monkeys they’ve made a huge mistake.

Agreed. They're a perfect fit.
  • Billie Eilish is awesome, but still hold out hope for Lana Del Rey.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I would be OK with Eilish. She is young and hip and would add interest for the younger movie goers. If CJF is hand picking the singer, I can see this happening.
  • boldfinger wrote: »
    CJF seems to be a ladies' man, so I'm not necessarily surprised he follows one.
    Mate, she's barely 18...
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 5,767
    octofinger wrote: »
    Mate, she's barely 18...
    What do I care what Cary chases, as long as it's legal ;-) .

As you said, @TripAces.

Imho it is.

I have never seen a Bondfilm that I completely hate. So yes, I like DAD's opening & PB's performance.

Come on @JamesCraig, I wasn't arguing with you personally, so if you want to move on, just ignore me. I was just trying to have a friendly exchange of opinions, and it wasn' t going to derail the thread.

octofinger wrote: »
    Mate, she's barely 18...
    What do I care what Cary chases, as long as it's legal ;-) .

As you said, @TripAces.

Imho it is.

Come on @JamesCraig, I wasn't arguing with you personally, so if you want to move on, just ignore me. I was just trying to have a friendly exchange of opinions, and it wasn' t going to derail the thread.

I'm not going to ignore people because of their opinions.

[-X
    That is noble of you, @JamesCraig :-).
    My pleasure. :)>-
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Umm....I'm not so sure. Dua Lipa's style is more dance-music. On the other hand, Billie Eilish is far more suited. She has a terrific voice and a very haunting, melancholic style.

Initially when I heard her name, I thought it sounded like pandering. Like Eon were chasing after a younger audience, but having listened to her stuff, I totally see her doing it.

I've listened to her music, not by choice, and she still sounds like she caters to an audience that you couldn't pay them enough money to watch a Bond film. They'd die a 1000 deaths if they watched Goldfinger...