No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    For the record, SP isn't nearly as bad as its reputation.

It's all opinion and perspective. It is terrible as much as it isn't; you can't be wrong if you don't like it. Or vice versa.

Exactly. Reminds me of a colleague of mine who loves some hideous cheese. When I said I find it repulsive, he accused me of having a simple and primitive taste. I tried explaining to him that the reason he loves it and I hate it is that he lacks certain taste buds that I have. There is a certain repugnant taste that many people are unable to detect.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,241

It's all opinion and perspective. It is terrible as much as it isn't; you can't be wrong if you don't like it. Or vice versa.

Exactly. Reminds me of a colleague of mine who loves some hideous cheese. When I said I find it repulsive, he accused me of having a simple and primitive taste. I tried explaining to him that the reason he loves it and I hate it is that he lacks certain taste buds that I have. There is a certain repugnant taste that many people are unable to detect.

This is me and makrell i tomat (mackerel in tomato); I absolutely hate it – the smell and everything. Same with certain cheeses.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    As you said, @TripAces.

I agree. It has his flaws, and yes the foster brother thing will always be horribly executed and should've never happened, but the vitriol SP gets is sometimes even worse than DAD.

007Blofeld wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I might be thinking too far ahead. But am thinking Fukunaga shouldn't make an immediate return to Bond....to avoid repeating himself. Campbell did that cleverly by refusing to Direct TND. But came back much later for CR. Mendes couldn't really put his best foot forward with SP, coz of his immediate return. And I also think Campbell should direct the New Bond in Bond 26...since he's so good at launching new Bonds.

He’d likely be 80 years old by the time they make the next one! :)
    Thrasos wrote: »
    Yes 00Dalton7, thank you for posting all those pages. However I take issue with what Broccoli said in that piece about aiming for Bond's heartstrings in order to really hurt him: "We always like to have a very personal trial for him (Bond) emotionally..." Oh really? I can think of several pre-Craig Bond films that aren't taxing for Bond emotionally. Why does there have to be a focus on Bond's emotions? Is Broccoli trying to get more women to watch Bond films, or to feminize him? Yes he's human, but it's the job that's the focus for Bond, and this particular job requires taking emotion out of the equation! Broccoli can do what she likes, but I think this is something of a betrayal for the character; it's down to the story and writing. And haven't we had enough of the Bond soap opera elements with Craig--I know I have.

I find the more emotional and dramatic it is, the more involved I get, which means the action is more exciting because I actually care what’s happening. For years Bond fans have been saying OHMSS is the best Bond film and I don’t think it’s any coincidence that it’s the one where he actually has an emotional journey. Do Bond fans hate the bit in FYEO where he visits Tracy’s grave? I don’t think so.

@mtm I think why people like it is it's a normal Bond film with emotion not just emotion.

So are the Craig films. In Spectre did he just sit around talking about his feelings or did he crash a plane into a bunch of Land Rovers? Did he spend the whole thing talking to a psychotherapist or did he kick a bad guy out of a helicopter?

Why did everyone bash Spectre then? @mtm

For the record, SP isn't nearly as bad as its reputation. That said, two issues plague the film:

1. Foster brother angle
    2. A third act that was a complete mess
    3. The color grading
    4. Crossediting in two of the big action setpieces sucking the tension out.

Regarding the third act: it's a whole lot better, than written in the 1st script (Q getting captured with Bond, Irma Bunt as henchman, Blofeld attending MI6 pressconference etc)

Like SF, I found the PTS to be the best part of the movie.
  • JamesCraig wrote: »
    As you said, @TripAces.
    I agree. It has his flaws, and yes the foster brother thing will always be horribly executed and should've never happened, but the vitriol SP gets is sometimes even worse than DAD.

I'm always surprised how it's completely dismissed on here. I can see its flaws, but it's treated with such unwarranted distain on here. I suspect it may be partly to do with the leaks, the natural surprises you get from watching a film in the cinema weren't there for a lot of fans.

shamanimal wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    As you said, @TripAces.

I'm always surprised how it's completely dismissed on here. I can see its flaws, but it's treated with such unwarranted distain on here. I suspect it may be partly to do with the leaks, the natural surprises you get from watching a film in the cinema weren't there for a lot of fans.

I didn't follow the leaks personally, I just can't stand the film.
  • I don't think there's any Bond movie I'd say I 'can't stand'. And I can't see how SPECTRE deserves such hatred. Some of the scenes are amongst the most stylish in the series ("you only buy me five minutes").
    As you said, @TripAces.

Even though I still think it's DC's weakest outing, I agree with you.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247
    If SP was as good as CR or SF, I think NTTD might have featured a new Bond & I don't think it would have been called NTTD.
  • RC7RC7
    Yawn.
    Look, a bale of hay... :-??
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    As you said, @TripAces.

Nah, if it were because of the leaks I would enjoy each viewing of Spectre more than the previous one. Instead it's the opposite for me. My main problem with Spectre is that it's very dull; no tension, no pathos, nothing. Things just happen because they have to.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    df83138f36bf82d5fa385ccdf4123c1c6c441068_2_281x500.jpeg

1d34775413d324519ecebe7b26d349c672e2d8ef_2_690x388.jpeg
    ggl007 wrote: »

is James Bond a location? :D
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    No Time To Die’s Lashana Lynch Responds To 007 Rumours
    https://empireonline.com/movies/news/lashana-lynch-responds-007-rumours-no-time-to-die-bond-cary-fukunaga/

Speaking in Empire’s world exclusive No Time To Die issue, Lynch responded to the rumour-mill and the wider conversation that has sprung from the prospect of a black, female 007 being part of the 25th Bond movie – though she wouldn’t confirm or deny if that was the case. “I can say that, though the reactions to such a rumour have been varied, I love that the conversation is even happening,” she says. “And I think that’s really exciting for long-running fans, new fans, but also young people that would potentially have that as not even an idea, as something that is just normal for them. That’s really special for me. Whether something like that is happening or not as a fact, at this point doesn’t even matter for me. The conversation is enough. As a fly on the social-media wall, it’s bleedin’ brilliant.”
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

Did they really shoot in Cuba or they just mean establishing a place in the movie?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Contraband wrote: »

Did they really shoot in Cuba or they just mean establishing a place in the movie?
    I’d guess they filmed some establishing shots but nothing with the actors.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 870
    RC7 wrote: »
    Yawn.

Yawn indeed. There's really no point in arguing about this anymore. A movie is as good as you think it is.

For me, Spectre is bad no matter how many times I hear 'it's not as bad as it's made out to be'. For others it may be great or mediocre. It's as simple as that, really.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    https://empireonline.com/movies/news/lashana-lynch-responds-007-rumours-no-time-to-die-bond-cary-fukunaga/

Speaking in Empire’s world exclusive No Time To Die issue, Lynch responded to the rumour-mill and the wider conversation that has sprung from the prospect of a black, female 007 being part of the 25th Bond movie – though she wouldn’t confirm or deny if that was the case. “I can say that, though the reactions to such a rumour have been varied, I love that the conversation is even happening,” she says. “And I think that’s really exciting for long-running fans, new fans, but also young people that would potentially have that as not even an idea, as something that is just normal for them. That’s really special for me. Whether something like that is happening or not as a fact, at this point doesn’t even matter for me. The conversation is enough. As a fly on the social-media wall, it’s bleedin’ brilliant.”

What does this mean?
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

What does this mean?

It means that this is happening....

36d9495bfb53b9af-600x338.jpg
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    We know this is happening since half a year... just like everybody knows it will be self contained in this film.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,126

What does this mean?

It means that this is happening....

36d9495bfb53b9af-600x338.jpg

Of course my condolences to only lasting one film. 8->
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,548
    Zekidk wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I might be thinking too far ahead. But am thinking Fukunaga shouldn't make an immediate return to Bond....to avoid repeating himself. Campbell did that cleverly by refusing to Direct TND. But came back much later for CR. Mendes couldn't really put his best foot forward with SP, coz of his immediate return. And I also think Campbell should direct the New Bond in Bond 26...since he's so good at launching new Bonds.

He’d likely be 80 years old by the time they make the next one! :)
    Thrasos wrote: »
    Yes 00Dalton7, thank you for posting all those pages. However I take issue with what Broccoli said in that piece about aiming for Bond's heartstrings in order to really hurt him: "We always like to have a very personal trial for him (Bond) emotionally..." Oh really? I can think of several pre-Craig Bond films that aren't taxing for Bond emotionally. Why does there have to be a focus on Bond's emotions? Is Broccoli trying to get more women to watch Bond films, or to feminize him? Yes he's human, but it's the job that's the focus for Bond, and this particular job requires taking emotion out of the equation! Broccoli can do what she likes, but I think this is something of a betrayal for the character; it's down to the story and writing. And haven't we had enough of the Bond soap opera elements with Craig--I know I have.

I find the more emotional and dramatic it is, the more involved I get, which means the action is more exciting because I actually care what’s happening. For years Bond fans have been saying OHMSS is the best Bond film and I don’t think it’s any coincidence that it’s the one where he actually has an emotional journey. Do Bond fans hate the bit in FYEO where he visits Tracy’s grave? I don’t think so.

@mtm I think why people like it is it's a normal Bond film with emotion not just emotion.

So are the Craig films. In Spectre did he just sit around talking about his feelings or did he crash a plane into a bunch of Land Rovers? Did he spend the whole thing talking to a psychotherapist or did he kick a bad guy out of a helicopter?

Why did everyone bash Spectre then? @mtm

For the record, SP isn't nearly as bad as its reputation. That said, two issues plague the film:

1. Foster brother angle
    2. A third act that was a complete mess
    3. The color grading
    4. Crossediting in two of the big action setpieces sucking the tension out.

Regarding the third act: it's a whole lot better, than written in the 1st script (Q getting captured with Bond, Irma Bunt as henchman, Blofeld attending MI6 pressconference etc)

Like SF, I found the PTS to be the best part of the movie.

TSWLM provided the blue print for how SP needed to end. In this basic order, Bond needed to 1. save the day; 2. fight off the henchman; 3. get the villain; 4. Save the girl

Bond's venture into MI6's old headquarters, to save Madeleine, should have come after the capture of Blofeld on the bridge.
    Minion wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »

I’d guess they filmed some establishing shots but nothing with the actors.

Yeah that could explain it. Chopper cam or drone footage maybe
    This is bloody sick. My short merged bike jump video just reached 1 000 000 views.

Longer version recently uploaded, with title cards

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Congrats! Well deserved; you’ve provided a ton of great information here.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Well deserved, @Contraband! Congratulations :-)!

As you said, @TripAces.

And even that isn't half as bad as some people say :-))
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

You said there was something wrong with him because he had a different opinion? :D
    Isn’t it more likely you’re lacking the tastebuds which can detect the extra, pleasurable tastes? ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

You said there was something wrong with him because he had a different opinion? :D
    Isn’t it more likely you’re lacking the tastebuds which can detect the extra, pleasurable tastes? ;)

Never said there was anything wrong with him. Who is lacking what comes from the science community, not me. This guy is often obnoxious, so he needed to hear the truth, and it did shut him up.
    Thanks @boldfinger and @NickTwentyTwo

BTW: The other day I tweeted a pic with Craig and Ralph Fiennes along with a funny text. This morning mr Fiennes both liked it and retweeted. Haha