DAD

and

GE
    AVTAK
    GE
  • AVTAK
    GE
  • AVTAK & GE
    View has a great villain, but a lot of mediocre segments, especially the San Francisco bits.

DAD really goes downhill when they go back to North Korea, but on balance it's more even than View.

The second group is easier.

DAD
    GE.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Very close with AVTAK and DAD, I really like both films - I like View is a solid swan song for Moore and one which embraces his ageing Bond well, and I like Die for sheer fun factor. I thought I would be the only one to go for DAD but looks like I won’t be alone after all.

Always enjoy Brossa and whilst Skyfall is my favourite Craig movie by a long way it has to GE for me.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    DAD and GE
    I love SF but GE is my all time favorite so it wins by default.

DAD is dumb, but I'd rather watch it than an episode of Murder She Wrote starring 007.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    AVTAK and SF
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    AVTAK
    &
    GE
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    AVTAK & SF
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    DAD over AVTAK

GE over SF
    AVTAK easily
    And
    SF (though I have major issues with it!)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    AVTAK

SF
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    AVTAK. While both films near the bottom of my personal Bond list, I’ll give Moore’s last movie my vote here due to my love of John Barry’s score.

GE. The opposite of above as both SF and GE are in my top ten. I could flip a coin between the two and be happy with either outcome. The presence of Izabella Scorupco as the “Bond Girl” pushes GE out in front today.
  • AVTAK- neither are particular favourites, but the last half of DAD is the worst hour of Bond ever. And at least AVTAK has Christopher Walken and Grace Jones.
    My gosh! My 3rd favourite vs. my 4th. They flip flop a lot depending on which one I watched last. By a hair I'll have to give it to SF but on another day it could be GE. Really hard one this week!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Anything this side of Plan 9 from Outer Space beats DAD, so in this case, AVTAK.

Nothing except FRWL beats SF in my book, and in comparison. GE is getting more mediocre all the time.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DAD
    GE
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    AVTAK, by a landslide
    GE, by the skin of it's teeth.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Any more?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    AVTAK beats DAD 20-6

GE beats SF 16-10

Round 124:

MR vs SP

and

AVTAK vs SP
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Although both are in the lower ranks, SP over MR every time.
    Similarly AVTAK is in the lower rankings for me, but more closely aligned with SP... This one is close, but right now I’d watch AVTAK over SP (it’s Zorin and Mayday that make it the victor today; tomorrow I could very well have a complete switch).
    SP
    and
    SP
    though I do enjoy the other two!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Both times SP. I enjoy MR very much though.
  • MR and AVTAK for me!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Moonraker
    Spectre

No contest
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I'm not sure I passed my final judgment on SP yet. I thought it was about 8/10 initially, but I haven't really felt like rewatching it so far except once. In other words, it's rather definitely the only Bond movie I've only seen twice, and will probably downgrade it in my ranking.

Since I've grown much fonder of MR over time, I choose MR in this case.

But AVTAK is the worst Roger Moore film for me...with OP challenging that rank increasingly...I choose SP in the second comparison.
    SP and SP
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    his-classic-eyebrow-twitch.gif
    Moore Moore Moore that’s how I like it, that’s how I like it! (MR And AVTAK for me please)

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    SP, on both counts. Despite my love for the Barry scores, naturally.