No Time to Die production thread

Comments

MartinBond wrote: »
    united1878 wrote: »
    This'll probably be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway- I'm yet to watch the trailer. Does it give away a lot of what will happen in the film?

Seconding this.

Well, it's a full blown trailer, not a teaser. There's no explanation of the "evil plot", but if you really want to be surprised I'd avoid it.
  • I was a little worried about the trailer giving too much away. I've watched it three times now, and I think it does give a good indication of the plot. You see the villain, part of his lair, you all the major players. I did stop it halfway when I first saw it, thinking 'this is giving away too much'. But when I got to the end, I was just really excited for the film.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It certainly shows stuff that happens in the film in it, although the big payoff trailer moment is something we'd already seen in this thread :D
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited December 2019 Posts: 138
    In an interview with Empire director Cary Fukunaga said about Madeleine Swann: "Her father is Mr. White," he explains "Mr. White was key in the deal that saved Bond's life with Vesper Lynd, so... there's stuff to mine there." What is Swann's secret ? If she's a traitor it would be awesome... https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/no-time-to-die-james-bond-trailer-breakdown-interview-cary-joji-fukunaga/
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    duke_togo wrote: »
    In an interview with Empire director Cary Fukunaga said about Madeleine Swann: "Her father is Mr. White," he explains "Mr. White was key in the deal that saved Bond's life with Vesper Lynd, so... there's stuff to mine there." What is Swann's secret ? If she's a traitor it would be awesome... https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/no-time-to-die-james-bond-trailer-breakdown-interview-cary-joji-fukunaga/

I don't think she's a traitor: Bond just thinks she's betrayed him. We'll find out! :)
    mtm wrote: »

I don't think she's a traitor: Bond just thinks she's betrayed him. We'll find out! :)

There's different degrees and natures to treachery. I don't think she's a traitor in the way say Denbigh or even Vesper was. But Madeleine can "betray" Bond on a personal or emotional level, and not out of malice, but thinking she's doing the right thing.
    The trailer looks not overwhelming but at least promising.
    I was hoping I´m going to like Nomi better after the trailer, but I guess you can´t have it all.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Univex wrote: »
    This'll probably be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway- I'm yet to watch the trailer. Does it give away a lot of what will happen in the film?

Seconding this.

Well, it's a full blown trailer, not a teaser. There's no explanation of the "evil plot", but if you really want to be surprised I'd avoid it.

I was going to post that it shows Madeline being a genetically engineered clone of Vesper, but I'll just keep that to myself. :D
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Seconding this.

I was going to post that it shows Madeline being a genetically engineerd clone of Vesper, but I'll just keep that to myself. :D

Or... Safin kills the real Madeline through the ice and that forces White to accept the cloning program and clone her, hence making him another cog in the wheel of Spectre, and that makes him want to keep her safe, as he failed to do so in the past. So... she’s a clone of herself. A mirror image.

Hey, what do I know? :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Seconding this.

I was going to post that it shows Madeline being a genetically engineerd clone of Vesper, but I'll just keep that to myself. :D

Or... Safin kills the real Madeline through the ice and that forces White to accept the cloning program and clone her, hence making him another cog in the wheel of Spectre, and that makes him want to keep her safe, as he failed to do so in the past. So... she’s a clone of herself. A mirror image.

Hey, what do I know? :)

Reminds me of Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom :))

100 per cent correct. What is dramatically interesting is Bond, so damaged by Vesper, is going to go thru a lot of bad stuff in NTTD to finally realize Maddy Swann actually does love him for who he is as a human being, and she has never betrayed him, despite any secrets she keeps. That's a strong personal journey. Bond's inner journey, from an orphan to an agent to a lost soul and finally finding peace through love and trust. CR to NTTD.

ColonelSun wrote: »

100 per cent correct. What is dramatically interesting is Bond, so damaged by Vesper, is going to go thru a lot of bad stuff in NTTD to finally realize Maddy Swann actually does love him for who he is as a human being, and she has never betrayed him, despite any secrets she keeps. That's a strong personal journey. Bond's inner journey, from an orphan to an agent to a lost soul and finally finding peace through love and trust. CR to NTTD.

Nearly brought a tear to my eye.
  • Crikey, what a deep emotional character arc. That never happened to the other fellows.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Just as Cary Said: Full circle :)
    Ahhhhh, @ColonelSun, I do hope you're right.
    And here's this (somebody probably posted this already) ... with some slight spoilers, kind of ...
  • NectouxNectoux São Paulo, Brazil
    As I've posted at the trailer thread, I think it might be interesting to fit some pieces of the puzzle here:

PiH8Qqi.png
    QBfw6HV.png
    9Tn6pdO.png
    39TzfUV.png
    lcQlRi4.png
    PllcsHD.png

Food for thoughts...

Exactly what I was thinking as well. After Vesper and given Mr White he automatically would think that secrets = betrayal. To have Madeleine actually be Vesper 2.0 would be a retread, but for him to think she is, is what's interesting...
    Nectoux wrote: »
    As I've posted at the trailer thread, I think it might be interesting to fit some pieces of the puzzle here:

PiH8Qqi.png
    QBfw6HV.png
    9Tn6pdO.png
    39TzfUV.png
    lcQlRi4.png
    PllcsHD.png

Food for thoughts...

100% Safin's base. The theory about algae is looking to be correct. You can see plants in the tanks behind Nomi.

My lord the set design on display here is stunning.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    ertert wrote: »
    Nectoux wrote: »

PiH8Qqi.png
    QBfw6HV.png
    9Tn6pdO.png
    39TzfUV.png
    lcQlRi4.png
    PllcsHD.png

Food for thoughts...

100% Safin's base. The theory about algae is looking to be correct. You can see plants in the tanks behind Nomi.

My lord the set design on display here is stunning.
    That base looks very inspired by The Spy Who Loved Me. It's very Ken Adam.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    cUkGvLy.jpg
    h81OyEg.jpg
    kmpc0kG.jpg
    GeLiFyy.jpg
    VRhlTyX.jpg

Below: Pics from @slyfox's Matera trip:

h64OMk3.jpg
    ZBw9vaO.jpg
    uN60j80.jpg
    zYfStws.jpg
    yjg5zdQ.jpg
    LnWZGZb.jpg
    dsCofVM.jpg
    Fz8BwzK.jpg
    9EbrCiy.jpg
    Christ, who is the general contractor for building a base like that, where do all those workers sleep? Do they have Netflix? Do they get drug tested?

I wondered all this about the base in Spectre too.

Silva's team of like 10 people on an empty island was far more realistic. Still, the movie looks friggin awesome.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    qylI9Qr.jpg

Ding dong!!!! :x :))
    edited December 2019 Posts: 12,459
    I really like these photos (sorry if somebody posted exactly same ones earlier).
    All photos from this set and officially released are great. This film has a good vibe.

Oh and here's the GMA interview:
    I really like these photos (sorry if somebody posted exactly same ones earlier).
    All photos from this set and officially released are great. This film has a good vibe.

Oh and here's the GMA interview:

Agreed. I was getting somewhat of a more serious and less fun vibe from the cast during all the Spectre interviews. Waltz especially was prickly but that seems to just be how he is in interviews, very serious and not into gotcha-type questions.

This time the cast seems to actually be enjoying themselves. Rami especially is just a class act. I got chills back in April when he said he was going to give James a run for his money and I love that they asked him and Daniel if he actually did.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I have so many questions about the plot that are probably better left unanswered. I just don’t understand how all of this will be connected. Kidnapped scientist, genetic warfare, Madeline’s past. It’s very perplexing, but that’s okay!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,018
    dhydiKW.jpg
    50sfkgE.jpg
    BFdfgWH.jpg
    Y5JZScF.jpg
    aqFqiZg.jpg
    HI1oJe4.jpg
    gnmt0LT.jpg
    Yut1q8f.jpg
    xaFTXq3.jpg
    L9I2laT.jpg
    IiHtiQh.jpg
    xg1ALRM.jpg
    TuY6lLh.jpg
    q6ikXFq.jpg
    TOEdaRj.jpg
    Bond and Swann NTTD timeline:
    Immediately after SP, they arrive happy and in love in Matera. Bond questions Swann's loyalty after the explosion at the cemetary. They part ways on the train station after the car chase. Later - and back in London - Bond learns that she is now working for - or helping - MI6. She reveals her big secret to Bond - some sort of connection to Safin, hence the mask in the box. What happens next is a mystery, but in the 3rd act they are in the same car together (car chase in Norway/Russia).
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Bond and Swann NTTD timeline:
    Immediately after SP, they arrive happy and in love in Matera. Bond questions Swann's loyalty after the explosion at the cemetary. They part ways on the train station after the car chase. Later - and back in London - Bond learns that she is now working for - or helping - MI6. She reveals her big secret to Bond - some sort of connection to Safin, hence the mask in the box. What happens next is a mystery, but in the 3rd act they are in the same car together (car chase in Norway/Russia).

Yep, agreed.

Wasn't there a child in the Norway car sequence filming? I guess Swann is in the back with the child in the trailer. We've seen a kid with Nomi and Swann too. This film has a lot of areas to cover.