NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Ana's role will be so very short, alas. I'm looking forward to seeing her and Daniel in Knives Out soon.

That white mask is a broken Japanese Noh mask (used for drama, storytelling). It's chilling and haunting; a very nice touch.
  • DrinmanDrinman New York
    Ana's role will be so very short, alas. I'm looking forward to seeing her and Daniel in Knives Out soon.

That white mask is a broken Japanese Noh mask (used for drama, storytelling). It's chilling and haunting; a very nice touch.

Also typically used in Japanese storytelling to symbolize a supernatural being taking human form. Ties in very close to some of Safin's dialogue in the trailer.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Didn't knew about the Japanese connection. Also I saw a comment mentioning that mask remind them of phantom menace (haven't seen the film myself).
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    ertert wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    The glass:

Is she Madeleine? Alone? Why behind? Is she protecting someone?...

B8ZgzMs.jpg

The Italian plate:

9algqcS.jpg

It's not this plate then...

191009-aston-martin-db5-no-time-to-die-bond-25.jpg

Craig's good side :)

jQpy1PF.png

The glass is really perplexing. Why is Safin wearing a heavy coat with a new mask in London?

If the flashback theory is true...Safin never went to the mall and bought a new coat?

It's all rather perplexing, isn't it? And plus: it appears Bond is the one who has fallen into the ice at the house at Norway. In the GMA interview, he says he filmed underwater quite a bit. He was not present for that Norway shoot, so I have no idea how these pieces all fit together.
    I simply loved it. Every frame of it. It worth the wait. Just a quick doubt/observation:
    If I remember correctly, in early SP drafts, Q was taken hostage, and now, there's this new theory about the shot of Safin behind the glass could also be at Q's home. Particularly I think Safin's white coat is only for the Norway scenes, BUT, it's obvious that Q has some importance to the plot, otherwise he wouldn't be featured in the character posters from yesterday. Right?

This is so puzzling to me. Not only is it the same coat but the mask does not have the corner missing. Does Safin have more than one mask but only one coat? This blows up the flashback theory as I would imagine he's have bought a new coat from Walmart by now.

Is it winter in London for part of the film?

Is the glass just symbolic or misdirection?

Also who are those people dressed in red standing in water holding LED's

Man this film is still so mysterious

I think the mask is Safin's signature so to speak.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t we see a young girl involved in the scenes with Seydoux in the Toyota & on the beach?
    TripAces wrote: »
    The glass:

B8ZgzMs.jpg

The Italian plate:

9algqcS.jpg

jQpy1PF.png

The glass is really perplexing. Why is Safin wearing a heavy coat with a new mask in London?

If the flashback theory is true...Safin never went to the mall and bought a new coat?

It's all rather perplexing, isn't it? And plus: it appears Bond is the one who has fallen into the ice at the house at Norway. In the GMA interview, he says he filmed underwater quite a bit. He was not present for that Norway shoot, so I have no idea how these pieces all fit together.

It's been established that it's the girl who falls into the water in the winter scene. I'm wondering if Bond takes a dip at Safin's base since you can see large vats of water there in the trailer. But honestly who the hell knows at this point.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,126
    TripAces wrote: »
    The glass:

B8ZgzMs.jpg

The Italian plate:

9algqcS.jpg

jQpy1PF.png

Unless the person in the mask isn't Malek. You know one thing we have seen much is the Waldo character or Bill Magnuson character.
  • I thought about it a bit, and based off the trailer this might be my favourite looking Bond movie. Either this or Skyfall. I'd hate to say things like this before the movie's coming out, but it looks like a movie made for the big screen.
    Okay, I actually filmed my reaction and uploaded onto YouTube. Did the same thing when the Spectre teaser was released but that turned out waaay to cringey to actually use for anything...

Didn't knew about the Japanese connection. Also I saw a comment mentioning that mask remind them of phantom menace (haven't seen the film myself).

You think that whole Norway sequence doubles for Japan I suppose Japan doesn't have those kind of pine trees and where his lair is.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Burgess wrote: »
    dragonsky wrote: »
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." is a DAMN similar line to "Our asylums are full of people who think they're Naploeon. Or God." from Dr. No...

I think they miiiiiiight be setting up the angle that he is Dr. No (time to die)

A really lazy move if it ends up a reality.

His lair even reminds me of Dr. No's
    We accept a new Blofeld, why not a new Dr. No?
    Did we? My impression was that no one accepted the new Blofeld, many were against his return way before Waltz was announced.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Walecs wrote: »
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." is a DAMN similar line to "Our asylums are full of people who think they're Naploeon. Or God." from Dr. No...

I think they miiiiiiight be setting up the angle that he is Dr. No (time to die)

Did we? My impression was that no one accepted the new Blofeld, many were against his return way before Waltz was announced.

I accepted a new Blofeld. Just not the way it was handled.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think this whole Dr. No thing has been majorly blown out of proportion.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 309
    Walecs wrote: »

Well, we did in YOLT, OHMSS and DAF. But that's beside the point. Batman can get away with relaunching the Joker every ten years or so but Bond can't remake or remix villains? Plus, I'm not seeing the DR. NO connection aside from some superficial similarities.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Also, in the frames in the trailer where the plane flies away from the explosion- it's clear that the object being blown up is an oil rig of sorts. I'm assuming it's related to the Jamaica footage we saw a few months ago, due to it likely being the same plane. Jamaica may be both the beginning and ending of the film.

When you say it’s clear... it’s a ship :)
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 78
    Sensational!! Forum has gone into meltdown and rightly so. This will be on repeat a lot! Glad we got a chunky length trailer, looks like a lot of content and although they have been careful not to reveal too much, there is enough for talk about and piece together over the next few months.

ZERO complaints here!
    Lots to debate and piece together and excellent content in this trailer and looks like we’re in for a very strong movie and story. Great news!!
    Visually it looks fantastic! And a nice change from the previous 2 which had a similar visual look and feel. Cracking!!! Let the debates begin 🍸
    Gettler wrote: »
    Interesting that Blofeld looks deprived of a single eye. Also, I think it looks like a team is breaking into the prison to set him free. The windows, bombs, ropes and such.

That's an interesting observation. I assumed it was a solo mission Nomi was on as a way to introduce her.

I wouldn't be shocked if she is a baddie.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    007Blofeld wrote: »

You think that whole Norway sequence doubles for Japan I suppose Japan doesn't have those kind of pine trees and where his lair is.

No, I still think it's Norway but we will see. Great thing is aside from personal angle we still don't know anything about the villians plan ;)

I'm not seeing it but is it really lazy or even a problem if they do? I mean, depending on your count, the fifth or sixth Joker iteration just made a billion dollars at the box office. We accept a new Blofeld, why not a new Dr. No? Lazy is simply remaking DR. NO.

I don't want to get too much into it, but I'll just go on the paralel you made

Imagine if they announce a new Batman movie and they say
    "In this movie Batman will fight a new villlain called "Jeff" he is a billionaire!"

And you say "Hey, Batman vs Jeff, interesting a new villain huh?" And you watch the movie and..it turns out...it was Joker! Again!

And the majority of people are like "Eh, at least you could've said it upwards..this is bad"

And then there's "Batman 2: Electric Boogaloo"

And the movie is "Batman vs Patrick! A new villain who works with the police and is a totally new character!"

And you watch the movie.....and yet again..it's revealed that "Patrick" is actually The Riddler..

Nectoux wrote: »
    I've put some of our puzzle's most intriguing pieces in order:

PiH8Qqi.png
    QBfw6HV.png
    9Tn6pdO.png
    39TzfUV.png
    lcQlRi4.png
    PllcsHD.png

So, they'll team up and discover whats beneath Safi'ns lair...

(Somebody please help me make the images visible here... I'm not understanding how to make it work)

EDIT: Now they work

To me he is harvesting some kind of nuclear energy based of the rods and electricity.
    Getafix wrote: »
    I am assuming the multiple visual refs to Skyfall are not just coincidences:

PTS with motorbike chase
    Jumping off the bridge
    Stuck under the ice
    Tunnel/sewer scenes

To me there were a lot of visual cues that made me think of SF.

I will add the interrogation scene and vintage car stored in a lock up to my list.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2019 Posts: 12,459
    @007Blofeld No, I definitely do NOT think Norway doubles for Japan. They are just using a Noh mask and I think it's superbly eerie.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this trailer. Im praying to god the movie is just as good. I have high hopes.
    I used to be a 00, but then I took a bullet to the knee.

[/Skyrim reference]

@MajorDSmythe is this from the trailer?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I am assuming the multiple visual refs to Skyfall are not just coincidences:

PTS with motorbike chase
    Jumping off the bridge
    Stuck under the ice
    Tunnel/sewer scenes

To me there were a lot of visual cues that made me think of SF.

I will add the interrogation scene and vintage car stored in a lock up to my list.

Let's hope this doesn't mean we'll also get The Moors to underscore the climax 😂

I'm not seeing it but is it really lazy or even a problem if they do? I mean, depending on your count, the fifth or sixth Joker iteration just made a billion dollars at the box office. We accept a new Blofeld, why not a new Dr. No? Lazy is simply remaking DR. NO.

I don't want to get too much into it, but I'll just go on the paralel you made

Imagine if they announce a new Batman movie and they say
    "In this movie Batman will fight a new villlain called "Jeff" he is a billionaire!"

And you say "Hey, Batman vs Jeff, interesting a new villain huh?" And you watch the movie and..it turns out...it was Joker! Again!

And the majority of people are like "Eh, at least you could've said it upwards..this is bad"

And then there's "Batman 2: Electric Boogaloo"

And the movie is "Batman vs Patrick! A new villain who works with the police and is a totally new character!"

And you watch the movie.....and yet again..it's revealed that "Patrick" is actually The Riddler..

+1
    Im really hoping Blofeld has a bigger role than just helping Bond threw his cell.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think this whole Dr. No thing has been majorly blown out of proportion.

Seems there will be some elements borrowed from Dr. No but the main contrast in my mind is Dr. No was never a fighter. He would not be holding a gun chasing someone through the woods. Safin seems far more dangerous, or at least I hope he is.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    @007Blofeld No, I definitely do NOT think Norway doubles for Japan. They are just using a Noh mask and I think it's superbly eerie.

Well his lair -and maybe even outfit- are pretty Japanese too, so I think he’s got some sort of obsession there. But it does look to be in Norway.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Im really hoping Blofeld has a bigger role than just helping Bond threw his cell.

@fjdinardo my bet is that he's an Hannibal Lecter kind of character. I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing both sides against the middle.