No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247
    WhyBond wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Great Trailer and Music....It seems Daniel Craig's best Bond films are the ones in which he puts on the Tuxedo. NTTD looks like an energetic Bond film...the early Daniel Craig style.
    He wore a Tux in all of his films.

Yeah, true....but i meant the full black Tux though. Not the white one he wore during SP's train fight with Hinx.
  • RC7RC7
    Walecs wrote: »
    Ah, okay, thanks @Denbigh. I didn't take it too seriously anyway (honestly I never read much into the title song performers rumors).
    RC7 wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    No Time To Die Another Day.

I've mixed feelings about this. I hate DAD but I'd even welcome Madonna back if that means no Ed Sheeran.

Mixed feelings about what?

About Madonna possibly doing the theme song.

Obviously she isn’t. O’Connell was just pissing about. It’s the cover of her album MDNA.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Great Trailer and Music....It seems Daniel Craig's best Bond films are the ones in which he puts on the Tuxedo. NTTD looks like an energetic Bond film...the early Daniel Craig style.

No he doesn’t. He wears a dinner suit ;)
  • @NickThunderballs there are on location photos of
    the Toyota Land Crusier with stunt doubles assumed to be Bond and Swann.

Indeed there are. I can confirm it's
    Bond and Swann in the Land Cruiser, and the chase scene is toward the end of the movie, based on my own sourcing.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247
    mtm wrote: »

No he doesn’t. He wears a dinner suit ;)

Exactly....even if it's slightly in the Tux family,It's not a full Tux.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    naplogic wrote: »
    @NickThunderballs there are on location photos of
    the Toyota Land Crusier with stunt doubles assumed to be Bond and Swann.

Indeed there are. I can confirm it's
    Bond and Swann in the Land Cruiser, and the chase scene is toward the end of the movie, based on my own sourcing.
    She'll die during that chase, no?
    antovolk wrote: »
    Re: the mask Safin or whoever is wearing in the tease - one of the leaked SP drafts had everyone in the big Rome meeting wearing masks (Bond was given one to Lucia)...

I wish they'd keep the masks, just for the cool factor (and one more Eyes Wide Shut/Kubrick nod). But the one wore by what I think we can safely assume will be Safin is far more functional. What I wonder is: is the mask used to hide his identity or hide some disfigurement? I'd tend to think it's the latter.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Did I read somewhere we’re getting character posters tomorrow as well?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I read somewhere on Reddit that
    That child in Norway is supposed to be Ana's Character, i didn't believe it to be honest
    I read somewhere on Reddit that
    That child in Norway is supposed to be Ana's Character, i didn't believe it to be honest

Could be, but unlikely.
    After seeing that short snippet of the trailer? I think we really are in for something very special for DC's final outing!!!! <:-P \:D/ :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    After seeing that short snippet of the trailer? I think we really are in for something very special for DC's final outing!!!! <:-P \:D/ :-bd

I'm very excited now. I've been fairly indifferent to this film, even "meh" but now the adrenaline is kicking in.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Can I interest you all in some Matera-pics from @slyfox?

2GRUvr4.jpg
    VXNDXJa.jpg
    H0DYdsj.jpg
    pgAXE9a.jpg
    FYaJRCz.jpg
    kJpIE0c.jpg
    cKhgYM1.jpg
    zCYYwdp.jpg
    QYo31de.jpg
    abVh8c7.jpg
    Y7SaVpZ.jpg
    8H62AYO.jpg
    Contraband wrote: »

2GRUvr4.jpg
    VXNDXJa.jpg
    H0DYdsj.jpg
    pgAXE9a.jpg
    FYaJRCz.jpg
    kJpIE0c.jpg
    cKhgYM1.jpg
    zCYYwdp.jpg
    QYo31de.jpg
    abVh8c7.jpg
    Y7SaVpZ.jpg
    8H62AYO.jpg

Thank you for posting these! Very curious to see what happens at that grave site / why Bond is there, beyond what we already know from other set photos.
    There was a big spoiler at the grave
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    There was a big spoiler at the grave
    I thought we saw it exploding but we didn't know whose grave it was / why it exploded.
    I saw lots of speculation it was Vesper's grave but perhaps I missed where it was proven for sure.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Latin wording on that grave site reads...
    "What you are I once was, what I am, you will become"
  • TripAces wrote: »
    Latin wording on that grave site reads...
    "What you are I once was, what I am, you will become"

Meaning: alive, then dead.
    -- a general statement commonly found in such places ;-)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    ertert wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »

2GRUvr4.jpg
    VXNDXJa.jpg
    H0DYdsj.jpg
    pgAXE9a.jpg
    FYaJRCz.jpg
    kJpIE0c.jpg
    cKhgYM1.jpg
    zCYYwdp.jpg
    QYo31de.jpg
    abVh8c7.jpg
    Y7SaVpZ.jpg
    8H62AYO.jpg

Thank you for posting these! Very curious to see what happens at that grave site / why Bond is there, beyond what we already know from other set photos.

@ertert No probs. I'm just helping out since @slyfox (took all photos) have other things to do.

More pics in the coming days.. and video ;)
  • GadgetMan wrote: »

Yeah, true....but i meant the full black Tux though. Not the white one he wore during SP's train fight with Hinx.

I think you'll find it's ivory not white.
  • I read somewhere on Reddit that
    I highly doubt that. I'll put in spoiler just in case someone didn't read it
    from what I understand Cary wrote the role for Ana relatively late, so I don't think they would go to such lengths to show her past.
    Fukunaga asked Armas as he was writing it in the film.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Probably won't happen but how would people feel if Ana de Armas turned out to be a villain?
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Probably won't happen but how would people feel if Ana de Armas turned out to be a villain?

I’m fine with that. I’m kind of into the idea of her being a femme fatale, which Craig has never had. I expect some fans that are fawning over her to not be happy she’s positioned as the lead or at least a lay for Bond.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I’m fine with that. I’m kind of into the idea of her being a femme fatale, which Craig has never had. I expect some fans that are fawning over her to not be happy she’s positioned as the lead or at least a lay for Bond.

It's something I'd like to see as well, and wouldn't be too difficult to write into the story, especially if she only appears in certain sequences, but I think the concencous is that she'll just be a Bond girl/ally, who accompanies James in Cuba and then doesn't appear again. I don't think this film will have any sacrificial lambs.
    I think bond only does Madeline in this one.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I think bond only does Madeline in this one.

Which I’m fine with.

Why does everyone forget Valenka? :( granted she’s minor but she still counts as she poisons and nearly kills Bond.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    FoxRox wrote: »

Why does everyone forget Valenka? :( granted she’s minor but she still counts as she poisons and nearly kills Bond.
    But she wasn’t really a main character like certain femme-fatales have been before, which is what we mean by when we talk about these kind of characters are missing from the Craig-era.
    FoxRox wrote: »

But she wasn’t really a main character like certain femme-fatales have been before, which is what we mean by when we talk about these kind of characters are missing from the Craig-era.

She’s not as major as Klebb, King, Bunt, or Xenia for sure. I would also like to see a major/semi-major femme-fatale, but to me if it doesn’t happen the box is still ticked off enough with Valenka for the Craig era.