No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• RC7RC7
    The M:I vs Bond debate. Pass me the sleeping pills.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Univex wrote: »
    No one remembers MI Fallout. Memory is a short term thing nowadays.

Yet somehow people are expected to remember SP, which dropped 3 years earlier, and which Bond 25 is a direct sequel to?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,834

Yet somehow people are expected to remember SP, which dropped 3 years earlier, and which Bond 25 is a direct sequel to?
    Yes, because it is a film in the franchise we're actually watching, and addresses characters from that film? Why should we have to remember a film from a completely different franchise?
  • RC7RC7
    edited December 2019 Posts: 10,512

I see you’re back in the fold now the thread has turned to Bond bashing. Couldn’t resist jizzing your pants.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Trying to get back on topic...

Surely Bond Twitter will start promoting the GMA event tomorrow? Or Tuesday? So exciting to know we are just three days away from our first new Bond teaser since March 2015.

I certainly hope so. Has it been confirmed that we are definitely getting the trailer along with the cast's appearance? Or are we just "pretty sure"?

We're still on 'pretty sure' territory here, going from multiple sources, while the main source is MI6-HQ. But all have noted that a teaser 'can be expected' or something along those lines.

I indeed suspect that the confirmation will come from the 007 social media pages shortly. Or at least, that's what I hope. But I can't see why they wouldn't do it. It's common practice to tease a teaser a few days beforehand on social media.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited December 2019 Posts: 8,009
    RC7 wrote: »

We get a lot of mileage out of it, considering they haven't really been in direct competition before and likely won't be, ever.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Trying to get back on topic...

Surely Bond Twitter will start promoting the GMA event tomorrow? Or Tuesday? So exciting to know we are just three days away from our first new Bond teaser since March 2015.

I certainly hope so. Has it been confirmed that we are definitely getting the trailer along with the cast's appearance? Or are we just "pretty sure"?

We're still on 'pretty sure' territory here, going from multiple sources, while the main source is MI6-HQ. But all have noted that a teaser 'can be expected' or something along those lines.

I indeed suspect that the confirmation will come from the 007 social media pages shortly. Or at least, that's what I hope. But I can't see why they wouldn't do it. It's common practice to tease a teaser a few days beforehand on social media.

Nice. The level of promotion done by the Bond pages would be an indicator of how likely the trailer is to premiere on Wednesday.

It seems like the perfect opportunity. And seeing as Malek will be there, hopefully we get a glimpse of him and he can tease us even more.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

We get a lot of mileage out of it, considering they haven't really been in direct competition before.

The only times they came out in the same year was 2006 and 2015, and in the case of the latter Paramount changed Rogue Nation’s release date in order not to be so close to SP.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,834

We get a lot of mileage out of it, considering they haven't really been in direct competition before.

The only times they came out in the same year was 2006 and 2015, and in the case of the latter Paramount changed Rogue Nation’s release date in order not to be so close to SP.
    And it's funny people mention the speed of MI release, because they've managed to get the same amount of films released in the same amount of time, and as of April 2020, the Bond franchise will actually have one more film completed than the MI franchise?? Which just proves again that each film has it's own issues and successes, meaning any aggressive need for James Bond to be more like MI is futile.
  • I have no issue with any actual legitimate criticisms of the quality of either series.

However, it's difficult not to sneer at comments that amount to "M:I will be gone soon so it doesn't matter", as well as blatant dislike of Tom Cruise, because that isn't criticism worth taking seriously, and I'll stand by that opinion with confidence. It is here now, and is going from strength to strength both as a box office draw and in the eyes of critics. Nothing lasts forever, but that doesn't erase what already exists.
    Couldn't have said it better. There is an evident animosity to it.

I will say though (before certain posters tell me I'm *off topic*! lol), there's so much room for the trailer to impress considering we haven't seen much of anything.

• peterpeter Toronto
    God I love me some @RC7... puts everything in perspective. Thank you, sir.

Guys: Bond film in a few months. Lots of tidbits will be fed to us until then. For those of you who actually love Bond, enjoy! It's happening.

For those that want to compare apples and oranges and want one franchise to be another-- they're simply not the same. EoN can't do what Paramount can do-- in this age of filmmaking. All EoN can do, handcuffed to MGM as partners, is continue making their quality product (some will be weaker (SP), some stronger; but they historically bounce back from weaker efforts-- whether in the Cubby/Saltzman era, or the Barbara/Michael (and soon to be Gregg) era.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    peter wrote: »

Guys: Bond film in a few months. Lots of tidbits will be fed to us until then. For those of you who actually love Bond, enjoy! It's happening.

For those that want to compare apples and oranges and want one franchise to be another-- they're simply not the same. EoN can't do what Paramount can do-- in this age of filmmaking. All EoN can do, handcuffed to MGM as partners, is continue making their quality product (some will be weaker (SP), some stronger; but they historically bounce back from weaker efforts-- whether in the Cubby/Saltzman era, or the Barbara/Michael (and soon to be Gregg) era.

You think it will be Gregg? Are there still rumours that EON might sell?

Best of both worlds.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Denbigh wrote: »

And it's funny people mention the speed of MI release, because they've managed to get the same amount of films released in the same amount of time, and as of April 2020, the Bond franchise will actually have one more film completed than the MI franchise?? Which just proves again that each film has it's own issues and successes, meaning any aggressive need for James Bond to be more like MI is futile.

Pretty much. And within the Brosnan era there were only two M:I films.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Denbigh wrote: »

Yes, because it is a film in the franchise we're actually watching, and addresses characters from that film? Why should we have to remember a film from a completely different franchise?
    +1
  • peterpeter Toronto

Anything can happen, but I am told that Gregg has definitely been groomed to take over producing duties with Barbara in the future. I have been saying this for about 18 months or more (on these forums). I was told, to date, there has NEVER been an inkling to sell. NEVER in this era.

I suppose someone could "make an offer" that they can't refuse. But my source, a good friend of the family, scoffed at this idea and told me "never"... and; Gregg will proceed into his father's footsteps with Barbara as his producing partner.

So, my long story is: I have been told that offers have always been made for this franchise. Moreso now in this IP world. But I have been made to believe that EoN have never entertained selling in the modern era; that this is a family business and a legacy. As far as I have been blessed to hear is that this will continue as a family run business. Barbara and Gregg will move forward, Michael may be taking the back seat starting with 26.

However, when 26 happens is a question I won't answer. And I have no information about that.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    This is @slyfox material from Matera. Not seen before. I'm helping him posting since he doesn't have the time. This is just a soft start. Much more to come. Lot's of material incl. pics. I got problem with my software so hopefully we can fix that asap, merging all clips and up on youtube instead of short clips via twitter.

4 videos in this tweet-thread

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Ah @Contraband, thanks, Craig looks awesome there! :)
    Contraband wrote: »
    This is @slyfox material from Matera. Not seen before. I'm helping him posting since he doesn't have the time. This is just a soft start. Much more to come. Lot's of material incl. pics. I got problem with my software so hopefully we can fix that asap, merging all clips and up on youtube instead of short clips via twitter.

4 videos in this tweet-thread

Awesome. Much obliged, @Contraband
    No probs guys. As I said, much more to come this week.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,126

Anything can happen, but I am told that Gregg has definitely been groomed to take over producing duties with Barbara in the future. I have been saying this for about 18 months or more (on these forums). I was told, to date, there has NEVER been an inkling to sell. NEVER in this era.

I suppose someone could "make an offer" that they can't refuse. But my source, a good friend of the family, scoffed at this idea and told me "never"... and; Gregg will proceed into his father's footsteps with Barbara as his producing partner.

So, my long story is: I have been told that offers have always been made for this franchise. Moreso now in this IP world. But I have been made to believe that EoN have never entertained selling in the modern era; that this is a family business and a legacy. As far as I have been blessed to hear is that this will continue as a family run business. Barbara and Gregg will move forward, Michael may be taking the back seat starting with 26.

However, when 26 happens is a question I won't answer. And I have no information about that.

@peter excellent news I'm more then grateful that they don't things are fine as they are.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Great stuff, thanks for posting @Contraband.
    Thanks @jake24 @CraigMooreOHMSS @Denbigh.. All cred goes to @slyfox

I have added one more video in the tweet, prod. crew filming Craigs stunt-double running away at the cemetary
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Oh my crap! That looks amazing!!! :D :D :D
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    God the movie looks beautiful!
    YouTube link:
    Oh my God. Those 15 seconds made my heart pump so hard!!!! It’s still pumping!!!!!! AH!!!!!!
    Oh yeah !!! The film looks full of life
    Well, there's our confirmation. Praise the lord.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited December 2019 Posts: 467
    Nice work from EON. These are the first actual images from the film, just four months before release, as we didn't even get actual stills.
    And the music sounds Bondian enough ;)