The Petrolhead Lounge

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Yes, it's probably going to be dark blue. Both my wife and I love that colour. She wanted a Gulietta, but I said we might as well go for the real deal, even though it may take a bit longer. Now she's also set on the giulia.

2017-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Super-14.jpg
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Yes, it's probably going to be dark blue. Both my wife and I love that colour. She wanted a Gulietta, but I said we might as well go for the real deal, even though it may take a bit longer. Now she's also set on the giulia.

2017-Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-Super-14.jpg

That is also very sweet! =P~
    BcgFtq9.jpg
    tAWb27E.jpg

Biggest Maserati dealership in the world: Al Tayer motors in Dubai. :-)
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    JamesCraig wrote: »

"We love the history of car brands, it gives us a foundation on which we can project ourselves into the future. So today, I don't see any need, if this deal is concluded, to remove brands because they all have their history and they all have their strengths."

You can tell that to Lancia :(
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,497
    GoldenGun wrote: »

"We love the history of car brands, it gives us a foundation on which we can project ourselves into the future. So today, I don't see any need, if this deal is concluded, to remove brands because they all have their history and they all have their strengths."

You can tell that to Lancia :(

Indeed... :((

SbdpELF.jpg

Pininfarina Battisa, a perfect mix between a Mclaren and a Ferrari.
    https://www.netcarshow.com/ferrari/2020-roma/

8pegYnO.jpg

I'm getting a DB10 vibe here...

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I am with you on that vibe. Low front, sharp edge, battleship grey. It screams DB10.

Also reminds me of the 2005 Ford Shelby GR-1 concept car, which, after seeing this Ferrari, suddenly looks like a brute.

2005-shelby-gr-1-concept.jpg
    zebrafish wrote: »
    I am with you on that vibe. Low front, sharp edge, battleship grey. It screams DB10.

Also reminds me of the 2005 Ford Shelby GR-1 concept car, which, after seeing this Ferrari, suddenly looks like a brute.

It does look awesome. :-bd
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

8pegYnO.jpg

I've been looking at this a lot today: I think it's one of the best-looking cars produced in the last ten years or so. Much nicer than the DB10!
    The wonderful Bentley Azure:

M4UeWI1.png

W67DIz6.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2019 Posts: 14,861

Rather like the AC 378 concept which never made it to production (with obvious links!).

449691913-ac-378-gt-zagato.jpg

2012-ac-378-gt-zagato-6.jpg

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    If I might take a brief break from the supercars. I'm not a fan of Japanese cars, I don't find then that interesting on the whole. However, there is one I like the quriky look of, the first generation Isuzu Piazza...

1521839697d882ae1452bf903c1521746882d208495dDSCF4576-1.jpg

There's something pleasant about its look.
    mtm wrote: »

Rather like the AC 378 concept which never made it to production (with obvious links!).

449691913-ac-378-gt-zagato.jpg

2012-ac-378-gt-zagato-6.jpg

AC was going to it take into production, but it never even appeared on their site. It was due to begin at the end of 2012...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

8pegYnO.jpg

I've been looking at this a lot today: I think it's one of the best-looking cars produced in the last ten years or so. Much nicer than the DB10!

I don't know, I can't get over that nose. And I'm convinced it would look way better in Ferrari red. And that comming form someone who's definately not a Ferrari fan!
    A car that I've always liked, the SL55 AMG:

VKde6QY.jpg

9m3E7Ul.jpg

fi875jW.jpg
    Oh that's so nineties!!!

I'd go for this one though:

slsamg.jpg
    Oh that's so nineties!!!

I'd go for this one though:

slsamg.jpg

Nah. [-X
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2019 Posts: 14,861

VKde6QY.jpg

9m3E7Ul.jpg

fi875jW.jpg

This is the same car; not bad, is it?

ferrari-california-S1920740-2.jpg
    I had a stroll around a few of them and the body panels were beautiful quality: you genuinely can’t tell.

VKde6QY.jpg

9m3E7Ul.jpg

fi875jW.jpg

I had a stroll around a few of them and the body panels were beautiful quality: you genuinely can’t tell.

Wow, really??? :-?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

VKde6QY.jpg

9m3E7Ul.jpg

fi875jW.jpg

Wow, really??? :-?

Yeah, a company called DNA sold the kits, but I think they might have got told to stop by Ferrari! :D
    DBX:

XRFqW5P.jpg

ECiTSX4.jpg

uPTZYzH.jpg

SVbA2oH.jpg
    I'm no SUV fan, but like the Stelvio, I can't help but like the design.
    It does look good actually. ;)
    That looks very well done. I hate it.

;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah looks pretty good if that's the sort of thing you want. Doesn't look much like the concept car at all.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Article on the new AM DBX:
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/20/aston-martin-unveils-pound-158000-suv-aimed-at-wealthy-women

...aimed at wealthy women, it says. I am afraid to say that that won't save the company in the long run. And just to think about greasy little fingers on the backseat leather when Mom does the school run with the DBX... horrid, utterly horrid.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    As far as the rage of every single luxury brand wanting to produce SUV’s now, this is one of the better ones I think, though I wasn’t aware the company is need of being saved? Thought they were doing fine these days?
    I.hate.SUVs

Heck, could my licence plate, that ;)