What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.

Or think bigger:
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.

A true Eurovision classic.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2019 Posts: 4,415
    Will earlier
    So i say play this on mute and start 0.40
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Will earlier
    So i say play this on mute and start 0.38.

No offense intended, but this echoes Sam Smith’s Whiny , limp, needy effort.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I know there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell of it happening but I’d like to see The Pretenders have another go sta title track.
    Chrissie Hynde has such a distinct soulful voice, but with an edge.
    Your suggestion of Chrissie Hynde struck a chord if I can say that, @talos7. It was also a wakeup call for me to get her album Stockholm, then follow up with No Return.

Anyway, she's such a solid quality performer across the years. As good today as most anytime. Starting a precedent for using long established performers from Hynde to Shirley Bassey could really suit the Bond films, though giving up that pursuit of riding the pop wave.

At least use that idea for the closing titles with an original song (versus the blasting version of the Bond theme). So this doesn't exactly rate as a Bond theme, but it's good stuff from Ms. Hynde I immediately liked.

"Down the Wrong Way", Chrissie Hynde.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2019 Posts: 4,415
    I agree. I always thaught he was inspyred by Adele Skyfall and Sam Smith. His new song sound even more like Smith.

I have seen this performance when it was on live tv and start remember me to moost to Phil Colins Miami Vice song, it is very 80's and happy it take distence from Arcade song.

I don't like first version of Writings on the wall, but i believe there making some changes and songs grows on me. But i must say/remember i am the author of everbody's pain who are not happy with Sam Smith did title song. Because i sugest him on the moment the BBC said in 2014 he going to be star of 2015 (There said same thing with Adele in 2008), months before he was in talks. There was discussion about artists who stil can be at charts on long time. Sam Smith beat Adele in this and only other persons who comes close to that are Ed Sheeran and Dua Lipa, but i sugest Billie Eilish earlier if there pick another BBC artist.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Billie Eilish (American)

Sheena Easton whas also very young when she did FYEO.

Mabey to young for Bond 25. She turn 16 today, in July 2019 she is 17 and she wil not turn 18 before 19 December 2019. Mabey in 2022 when she is 20 and wil turn 21 in that year.

But she is to young for Bond 25 and not that fames yet. I don't trick will work again (or must be new artist from last year, this year or next year.) and not whant Ed Sheeran and Dua Lipa.

Billie Eilish number ''Bad Guy'' from this year is her second song in Dutch charts and raised to 9 in Top 40.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,834
    [removed]
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Nothing beats this...

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I’d love it if they got Danger Mouse to produce it. I think he’s got just the right feel for a bit of orchestral drama and can do it in an up to date way.

:)) I remember well watching these win Eurovision! Did put a smile and chuckle on my face. :-bd
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,834
    [removed]
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2019 Posts: 14,861
    This isn't quite a Bond but it shows the kind of sensibilities, I think.

Meanwhile this is quite Bondy, although I wouldn't say they're right for the gig
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    You stick who you want over those SPECTRE credits but this at one point actually the song till EON pulled the plug on it and leaves all the others standing.

It sounds Bondian without being cliched and pastiche, what might have been.

Seriously why are they bothering about Dua whatever her name is or that Sheeran fella and don't make laugh, that chancer Liam Gallagher.

This album is set to blow up, seriously talented and would fit right in with what they are trying to achieve with this film, my vote is for this guy.

I'd heard his last album and liked it but this is a revelation, Marvin Gaye crossed with Stevie Wonder via David Axelrod.

Astounding, lets have a proper true classic for this era, give the job to Michael Kiwanuka.

Shardlake wrote: »
    Seriously why are they bothering about Dua whatever her name is or that Sheeran fella and don't make laugh, that chancer Liam Gallagher.

This album is set to blow up, seriously talented and would fit right in with what they are trying to achieve with this film, my vote is for this guy.

I'd heard his last album and liked it but this is a revelation, Marvin Gaye crossed with Stevie Wonder via David Axelrod.

Astounding, lets have a proper true classic for this era, give the job to Michael Kiwanuka.

Michael Kiwanuka would be a great choice!

If EON wants to go down the pop route, they should get the best in the biz, Robyn:

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I could certainly deal with Kiwanuka. I hadn’t really considered him as he’s a lot jazzier than I’d think of for Bond and he goes for a more laid back rather than the histrionic feel of Bond, but he’s great, very now and very cool, with a great voice and isn’t just pop crap, so I’d be very happy with him. I’d be so disappointed if they gave us f***ing Sting now! :)
    mtm wrote: »
    I could certainly deal with Kiwanuka. I hadn’t really considered him as he’s a lot jazzier than I’d think of for Bond and he goes for a more laid back rather than the histrionic feel of Bond, but he’s great, very now and very cool, with a great voice and isn’t just pop crap, so I’d be very happy with him. I’d be so disappointed if they gave us f***ing Sting now! :)

I hear it from a very reliable source that Barbara is a massive fan of MK so who knows.
  • Kiwanuka is interesting. He's a better fit for a coffee shop rather than the movie theater, but given the current list of pop artists I'd be more than thrilled.

I still think they should do a rock tune; something with some energy. If not, just about anything other than the trash pop of today (perhaps a reality of recently having left my 20's). Jamie Cullum would be another non-rock choice I'd support. Jazz-centric pop, without being cliched like Buble or some of the others people have suggested over the years.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Spectre Title Sequence with Pistols at Dawn by Seinabo Sey :)

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

I think his current single is actually quite a decent fit for a Bond on its own:

I think his current single is actually quite a decent fit for a Bond on its own:

Just give him the job and be done, he's just the right artist for this film.
    Like the guitar work on this one

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    SHIRLEY BASSEY. Period.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Just give him the job and be done, he's just the right artist for this film.

Yeah I'm pretty sold. Great call; I know him and like his stuff but never really thought about him in regards to this gig before.
    But it'll be someone trashy. I guess I could accept someone like Beyonce as she's massive and current and loved and everything, but I'd still be a bit disappointed. If it were Sting I think they'd really got their eye off being cool altogether.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    vzok wrote: »
    Like the guitar work on this one

I've not heard that one before; that's fantastic.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Right, for those who would like another Diva sing the next title track, I offer you Diana Ankudinova...

We just need someone to write her a terrific song.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

giphy.gif
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Buble is begging for a chance!!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Michael Kiwanuka has a nice sound.

I'm thinking Kiwanuka could fit with Fukunaga.

This discussion has been closed.