Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,686
    The first trailer for the adventure film Call of the Wild, starring Harrison Ford, is due to arrive soon.

----

Netflix has acquired the rights for Beverly Hills Cop 4.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/beverly-hills-cop-sequel-netflix-eddie-murphy-jerry-bruckheimer-paramount-license-deal-1202785458/

----

6dw85v2cgoy31.jpg

----

oesn7mz1sny31.jpg

----

----

trolls-two-ver23-xlg.jpg
    The first trailer for the adventure film Call of the Wild, starring Harrison Ford, is due to arrive soon.
    "starring Harrison Ford" - does that mean he will have a role in the film, or that he will play an old grumoy man who´s onscreen for one scene?

If only the jokes were as good as the action...

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    boldfinger wrote: »
    "starring Harrison Ford" - does that mean he will have a role in the film, or that he will play an old grumoy man who´s onscreen for one scene?

He plays the lead role for the first time since Indiana Jones 4 in 2008. ;-)
    @boldfinger @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

First official image of the action/comedy The Comeback Trail:

qk3gwl2mbvy31.jpg

Two movie producers who owe money to the mob set up their aging movie star for an insurance scam to try and save themselves.

Starring: Zach Braff, Robert De Niro, Emile Hirsch, Tommy Lee Jones & Morgan Freeman.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Nicolas Cage is set to play, well, Nicolas Cage in Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, focusing on him trying to get a role in a new Tarantino film while navigating a strained relationship with his teenage daughter:

https://collider.com/nicolas-cage-plays-himself-unbearable-weight-of-massive-talent/
    Ridley Scott’s The Last Duel is coming January 8, 2021 (limited release for the Oscars on December 25, 2020).

King Charles VI declares that Knight Jean de Carrouges settle his dispute with his squire by challenging him to a duel.

Starring: Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Ben Affleck and Jodie Comer.

----

The erotic thriller Deep Water is coming November 13, 2020.

A well-to-do husband who allows his wife to have affairs in order to avoid a divorce becomes a prime suspect in the disappearance of her lovers.

Starring: Ben Affleck, Ana de Armas.

----

The King's Man pushed back 7 months to September 18, 2020.

----

4 MCU films confirmed for 2022 and 2023.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/disney-fox-release-schedule-the-last-duel-the-kings-man-nimona-1202787773/
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 5,767

He plays the lead role for the first time since Indiana Jones 4 in 2008. ;-)
    An adventure film with Harrison Ford in the lead role? I´m getting goosebumps!

Creasy47 wrote: »
    Nicolas Cage is set to play, well, Nicolas Cage in Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, focusing on him trying to get a role in a new Tarantino film while navigating a strained relationship with his teenage daughter:

https://collider.com/nicolas-cage-plays-himself-unbearable-weight-of-massive-talent/
    What!? That is about by far the best title and synopsis of a film I´ve ever heard :-))!

• edited November 2019 Posts: 5,767

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Ridley Scott’s The Last Duel is coming January 8, 2021 (limited release for the Oscars on December 25, 2020).

King Charles VI declares that Knight Jean de Carrouges settle his dispute with his squire by challenging him to a duel.

----

A well-to-do husband who allows his wife to have affairs in order to avoid a divorce becomes a prime suspect in the disappearance of her lovers.

2020 is a big year for Affleck. Looking forward to all of his projects.

----

2020 is a big year for Affleck. Looking forward to all of his projects.

Alongside those and his basketball drama The Way Back, Affleck also has another project in 2020 in post-production: The Last Thing He Wanted. A journalist quits her newspaper job and becomes an arms dealer for a covert government agency. Also starring Anne Hathaway, Toby Jones & Willem Dafoe.

Next he'll be in Robert Rodriguez' new film, Hypnotic (A detective investigates a mystery involving his missing daughter and a secret government program.) And then he'll direct himself in both the WW2 film Ghost Army (The US military forms a squadron of unconventional recruits during World War II to trick the German army into thinking there were outposts and bases where there were only mannequins, props and inflatable tanks) and the Agatha Christie adaptation of Witness for the Prosecution (A veteran lawyer must defend a man in what promises to be the most dramatic trial of his career).

And finally, hopefully The Accountant 2 will happen at some point.

Since Drake isn't played by Nathan Fillion, I'll skip this one.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Sounds like a must-see.
    Trailer for the Japanese action film Hydra:

Yeah, @DaltonCraig007, rub it in, turn the finger in the wound. The day I got the email form the one theater in town showing The Irishman, it was already sold out.

I wonder, wouldn´t Netflix make much more money from giving the film a huge theatrical run? I mean they must get something for every sold ticket, don´t they? If I invite my friends and we watch it on Netflix, Netflix always gets the same money from me, wether I watch it alone or with ten friends. How do they make money?
    Noah Hawley to write & direct the next Star Trek installment. Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban and Zoe Saldana are expected to return.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/noah-hawley-star-trek-1203409795/
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    sknj8676muz31.jpg

----

gentlemen-ver8-xlg.jpg

It´s disturbing to see Harrison Ford act so friendly, but the film seems to be a nice sentimental journey, if one can accept it as an animation film. Looks like a good film for a nice date :-).

And say what you want about Guy Ritchie, I look forward to seeing The Gentlemen.
    It´s disturbing to see Harrison Ford act so friendly, but the film seems to be a nice sentimental journey, if one can accept it as an animation film. Looks like a good film for a nice date :-).

And say what you want about Guy Ritchie, I look forward to seeing The Gentlemen.

Harrison Ford seems to be type-casted as a hero paired with a fury side-kick. ;-)

Harrison Ford seems to be type-casted as a hero paired with a fury side-kick. ;-)
    Maybe he likes furry beasts and has a clause in all his contracts ;-).

But I´m really surprised that he acts opposite a CG animal and nonetheless looks as if he likes what he´s doing. I didn´t think such things were up his alley.

Holt McCallany joins Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara, Willem Dafoe, Bradley Cooper, Toni Collette, David Strathairn, Ron Perlman & Richard Jenkins in Guillermo Del Toro's Nightmare Alley.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/guillermo-del-toro-nightmare-alley-holt-mccallany-mindhunter-fox-searchlight-bradley-cooper-cate-blanchett-1202791278/

----

Little Monsters (2019) director Abe Forsythe to direct Robocop Returns.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robocop-returns-lands-little-monsters-director-abe-forsythe-1256699

----

z9gtq5vl12041.jpg
    FoxRox wrote: »
    No objections! I´ll be there day one. Hope they make it for the big screen!

FoxRox wrote: »
    No objections! I´ll be there day one. Hope they make it for the big screen!

Yep! I enjoyed both movies so bring it on!!! :-bd
    Would be nice to see Nicolas Cage in a class A project again. I hope he's finished his payments on that castle he bought.
    First trailer for the Vietnam war film The Last Measure, starring Sebastian Stan, Samuel L Jackson, Ed Harris, William Hurt, Peter Fonda, Linus Roach, Michael Imperioli, Christopher Plummer and Bradley Whitford:

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2019 Posts: 40,368
    Godzilla vs. Kong pushed from March 13th, 2020 to November 11th, 2020:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3595535/adam-wingards-godzilla-vs-kong-pushed-early-2020-late-2020/

The international trailer for Fantasy Island has been released: