Early appearances on [UK] television by future Bond filmstars

edited April 2011 in News Posts: 53
Thanks to the recent release on DVD of ITC's 1957/58 TV adventure series, SWORD OF FREEDOM, Bond lovers have the rare opportunity to glimpse the heartstopping charms of the beautiful 20-year-old Luciana Paluzzi (appearing as Luciana Paoluzzi). In the episode VESPUCCI (broadcast on 28 March 1958), Paluzzi appears as a young native American brought to 16th-century Florence. This television appearance came some seven years before she set the silver screen alight with her performance as Fiona Volpe in THUNDERBALL (1965).
I wonder if other Bondophiles have noticed early TV performances, in the UK and elsewhere, by other fledgling actors and actresses who would eventually achieve cinematic immortality in the James Bond films?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    In one of the episodes in the Hammer's House Of Horror series we see a young Pierce Brosnan in just a minor few scenes. It wasn't his first appearance but certainly one of his first.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    In episodes of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles both a young Jeffrey Wright and Daniel Craig appear.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Brosnan had a small role in an episode of The Professionals.
    Well we certainly can't forget Timothy Dalton being described as "James Bond like" in an episode of Charlies Angels :-D