No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Ana is stunning; I hope Lashana gives a strong performance.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    "[Paloma] is a character that is very irresponsible," says de Armas. "She's got this bubbliness of someone who is excited to be on a mission, but she plays with this ambiguity — you don't really know if she's like a really trained, prepared partner for Bond." Sure, de Armas is running around in a gorgeous gown with sky-high heels ("No one can train you or prepare you for that," she says), but she adds that "brains and looks are equal this time. She's very smart. She helps Bond navigate through certain things that he wouldn't be able to do alone."

Thanks for reminding us Ana, i was beginning to wonder about that...

Interesting……

I’m at a total loss as to who the Paloma character is. She isn’t a femme fatale by the sounds of it. Neither is she the villain’s girl who Bond liberates. So………what is she?

It sounds as if Paloma is going to be a ‘bubbly girl who gets drawn into the mission.’ Sounds a bit lame. She could be a society girl who gets roped into the mission somehow? Sorta like a Kim Kardashian figure.

Also, the tampon thing sounds bad. It sounds like something in Fleabag - in the worst possible sense.

More photos:

thr_bond_girls_-_lashana_lynch_and_ana__de__armas_-photographed_by_zoe_mcconnell-_splash_-_2019_.jpg

thr_bond_girls_-photographed_by_zoe_mcconnell-_embed_1-_2019_.jpg

thr_bond_girls_-photographed_by_zoe_mcconnell-_embed_2-_2019.jpg

thr_bond_girls_-photographed_by_zoe_mcconnell-_extra_1-embed-_2019.jpg

thr_bond_girls_-photographed_by_zoe_mcconnell-_extra_4-embed-_2019.jpg

thr_bond_girls_-photographed_by_zoe_mcconnell-_extra_2-embed-_2019.jpg

thr_bond_girls_-photographed_by_zoe_mcconnell-_extra_3-embed-_2019.jpg

Agreed, i hope it doesn't make the cut.

Paloma sounds like an agent. What else would she do in Cuba of all places?
    And she has been saying she's going to kill/fight bad guys so she has training.

Just a guess though.
    But i like the idea of her having sky high heels. Maybe they are not going for ultra realism with every character here, which i would welcome.

Finally sounds we all agree on! I would be disgusted to see that in a Bond film it isn't necessarily at all.

It sounds like Lashana want's to stroke her ego a bit with how unique and "different" her character is, but she should not forget in what movie franchise she's appearing in. Bond is about glamour, not ultra realism like that.

I don't wanna see Bond take a s*** either. No matter how realistic.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,126
    "[Paloma] is a character that is very irresponsible," says de Armas. "She's got this bubbliness of someone who is excited to be on a mission, but she plays with this ambiguity — you don't really know if she's like a really trained, prepared partner for Bond." Sure, de Armas is running around in a gorgeous gown with sky-high heels ("No one can train you or prepare you for that," she says), but she adds that "brains and looks are equal this time. She's very smart. She helps Bond navigate through certain things that he wouldn't be able to do alone."

Interesting……

I’m at a total loss as to who the Paloma character is. She isn’t a femme fatale by the sounds of it. Neither is she the villain’s girl who Bond liberates. So………what is she?

It sounds as if Paloma is going to be a ‘bubbly girl who gets drawn into the mission.’ Sounds a bit lame. She could be a society girl who gets roped into the mission somehow? Sorta like a Kim Kardashian figure.

Also, the tampon thing sounds bad. It sounds like something in Fleabag - in the worst possible sense.

More photos:

thr_bond_girls_-_lashana_lynch_and_ana__de__armas_-photographed_by_zoe_mcconnell-_splash_-_2019_.jpg

Just a guess though.
    But i like the idea of her having sky high heels. Maybe they are not going for ultra realism with every character here, which i would welcome.

Finally sounds we all agree on! I would be disgusted to see that in a Bond film it isn't necessarily at all.

It sounds like Lashana want's to stroke her ego a bit with how unique and "different" her character is, but she should not forget in what movie franchise she's appearing in. Bond is about glamour, not ultra realism like that.

@00Agent I meant the thing about the bathroom stuff I don't want Bond to be crap either. That to I don't really care for the ego.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Interesting……

More photos:

Just a guess though.

Finally sounds we all agree on! I would be disgusted to see that in a Bond film it isn't necessarily at all the whole you know what thing the t word.

She was not being serious. It was likely one of those, "Hey, what if...?" conversations in which your brainstorming takes you in all sorts of crazy directions.

Relax. There will be no tampon dropping.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Trailer soon?

Folks on my twitter have a theory. Official 007 dropped the unusual mini-edit ft. Spectre footage on the 2nd. Today they dropped Skyfall, five days after. That could mean QoS on Monday 11th, and CR on Saturday 16th which leads up to a trailer five days later, Thursday 21th

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

Interesting……

More photos:

Just a guess though.

You do realise that almost all women have periods don’t you? There’s nothing disgusting about something that is completely natural.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    DCisared wrote: »

Interesting……

More photos:

Just a guess though.

You do realise that almost all women have periods don’t you? There’s nothing disgusting about something that is completely natural.

Lol.
    Nice try.

Anyway, i got full confidence in Barbara and Michael to keep such things in check.
    Move on.
    DCisared wrote: »

Interesting……

More photos:

Just a guess though.

@DCisared but we don't need it in a Bond film like men's sexual stuff it's just unnecessary it would definitely be a big turn off in the film.
  • ConnorConnor UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 20
    The No Time to Die girls are rocking the magazine covers this month. Waller-Bridge is the feature of none other than Vogue for December's issue!

https://twitter.com/voguemagazine/status/1192079270941732865
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Connor wrote: »
    The No Time to Die girls are rocking the magazine covers this month. Waller-Bridge is the feature of none other than Vogue for December's issue!

https://twitter.com/voguemagazine/status/1192079270941732865

Dead link..

• Contraband wrote: »
    Trailer soon?

Folks on my twitter have a theory. Official 007 dropped the unusual mini-edit ft. Spectre footage on the 2nd. Today they dropped Skyfall, five days after. That could mean QoS on Monday 11th, and CR on Saturday 16th which leads up to a trailer five days later, Thursday 21th

I think it would have made more sense to release them the other way round, CR through to SP. I don't think we'll get a trailer until early December or maybe at the end of November if we're lucky. To be honest I can wait. Less is more, and it's kind of nice not knowing what to expect so close to the release date.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Trailer soon?

I think it would have made more sense to release them the other way round, CR through to SP. I don't think we'll get a trailer until early December or maybe at the end of November if we're lucky. To be honest I can wait. Less is more, and it's kind of nice not knowing what to expect so close to the release date.

+1
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Trailer soon?

Yeah, that order is weird. That's for sure.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    WTF.

Shaping a real woman in a Bond film - whatever that means - doesn't mean that they need to show a woman throwing her bloody tampon down the toilet. WTF, hopefully they never even filmed that bit of a scene. Those are the things that literally takes me out of a film. Unnecessary forced.
    matt_u wrote: »
    WTF.

Shaping a real woman in a Bond film - whatever that means - doesn't mean that they need to show a woman throwing her bloody tampon down the toilet. WTF, hopefully they never even filmed that bit of a scene. Those are the things that literally takes me out of a film. Unnecessary forced.

@matt_u amen +1
    TripAces wrote: »

Interesting……

More photos:

Just a guess though.

Finally sounds we all agree on! I would be disgusted to see that in a Bond film it isn't necessarily at all the whole you know what thing the t word.

She was not being serious. It was likely one of those, "Hey, what if...?" conversations in which your brainstorming takes you in all sorts of crazy directions.

Relax. There will be no tampon dropping.

@TripAces I so hope
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Throwing a used tampon in the bin, is a bit too much for a Bond film, but there's no reason she couldn't use one to a solve a problem during a mission. It's certainly something Bond is unlikely to think of using, could make for a humourous teamwork situation.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Relax guys I think she was just joking. Besides I have full faith in Barbara, she won't allow such a thing in a bond film.
    Relax guys I think she was just joking. Besides I have full faith in Barbara, she won't allow such a thing in a bond film.

I hope not at this rate I can't tell what is joking or not.
    This!
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Throwing a used tampon in the bin, is a bit too much for a Bond film, but there's no reason she couldn't use one to a solve a problem during a mission. It's certainly something Bond is unlikely to think of using, could make for a humourous teamwork situation.

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited November 2019 Posts: 1,165
    I'm not necessarily against the inclusion of such a scene, but generally Bond needs to consider what type of material to include on an international scale, not just a domestic one. It isn't like Netflix where safeguarding their content behind a paywall allows a modicum of protection towards censorship or bans.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    delfloria wrote: »
    This!

Is this confirmed or yet another pointless "whisper" that will take 15 pages to cool off?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    This!

Is this confirmed or yet another pointless "whisper" that will take 15 pages to cool off?

The latter.
  • Are people really discussing tampons now?

I for one wouldn't bat an eyelash if we did see something like that. Times change and so should Bond.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Minion wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    This!

The latter.

:-q
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This thread needs an enema.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Agreed, it totally fits the humor of previous Austin Powers movies.
    Honestly, this tampon thing would ruin the movie for me even worse than the Brofeld thing, but luckily it's the kind of stuff a fan-edit can rid of.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Walecs wrote: »

Agreed, it totally fits the humor of previous Austin Powers movies.
    Honestly, this tampon thing would ruin the movie for me even worse than the Brofeld thing, but luckily it's the kind of stuff a fan-edit can rid of.

Even if it was done with this level of confidence?

giphy.gif
    OMG!!!! Ana in those thigh high boots has wiped me out!!! :x :-t :))
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 1,693
    Speaking of Austin Powers, isn't that were the Blofeld and Bond are foster brothers concept come from? I'd love to have NTTD get rid of that fact somehow. (See how I brought this back to NTTD)