Comments

w2bond wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Michael and Babs at the wrap party:

“Promises to be the best Bond ever.”

I know it’s just words, but all the same - hype!

That's a bit cynical.

What do you mean? I’m excited by Wilson’s words!

But they always say that...? Just like all the Bond girls/women/ladies say "I'm a new kind of Bond girl/woman"

Or their bonds equal. We’ve heard enough of that.

w2bond wrote: »

That's a bit cynical.

But they always say that...? Just like all the Bond girls/women/ladies say "I'm a new kind of Bond girl/woman"

That’s why I said “I know it’s just words.” Obviously there’s no knowing if it really will be the best Bond until it comes out, but I’m happy to see Wilson excited about it.
  • w2bond wrote: »

That's a bit cynical.

Indeed, when Brosnan was promoting Die Another Day he was bigging it up (actually some of his best acting there!) and has since expressed his reservations about it.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well let's be honest. For a film that hasn't come out yet, they're hardly going to say it's a mediocre or average Bond film are they.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Benny wrote: »
    Well let's be honest. For a film that hasn't come out yet, they're hardly going to say it's a mediocre or average Bond film are they.

Of course. It comes with the job.

MGW: "Well, the film could certainly have been worse. But it could have been better, too. If you know what I mean. Still, we are happy with it. We are only in it for the money."
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

They'll leave that up to some of us here. ;)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Craig at the Pinewood announcement said the SP script was "better than SF". It comes with the job.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Anybody seen @slyfox lately? Thinking of his material from Matera.
  • Contraband wrote: »

I saw them. Honestly, not much to see that we haven't already. The only other 'scoop' he got was that Madeleine's role is expanded. Not much in the slightest.

I've been hearing that Ned Benson also worked on the script during filming....
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0072600/
  • I'm a bit anxious about the number of hands that have been on the script - that usually doesn't augur well. I'll be curious to see how things are credited.
    octofinger wrote: »
    I'm a bit anxious about the number of hands that have been on the script - that usually doesn't augur well. I'll be curious to see how things are credited.

It's common to have a writer on-set just to do quick fixes, the odd line here or there, or updating stage directions to match locations, stunts, etc.

From what we’ve known/heard Boyle, hodge ,fukunaga ,phoebe ,Scott burns ,p&w, haggis, and probably even Craig have all had their hands on the script. That’s a lot of work
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    One single James Bond website posted a "rumor" from a "credible" source, complete uncorroborated, and ever since this thread (and others) have been thrown into chaos. In some cases, it has led to name-calling and snarky behavior (of which I have somewhat participated.)

My point?

Silva had it right. If you want to bring down the world, just point and click.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    From what we’ve known/heard Boyle, hodge ,fukunaga ,phoebe ,Scott burns ,p&w, haggis, and probably even Craig have all had their hands on the script. That’s a lot of work

But, if the end result is good, then what’s the problem?
    Too early to complain.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Tuck91 wrote: »

But, if the end result is good, then what’s the problem?
    Too early to complain.

Without forgetting that plot elements from Boyle/Hodge and Haggis didn't make it in the final script.
    More input can be a good thing.
    More input can be a good thing.

This wasn’t the case with spectre and they had a lot of input as well. and I like Spectre

I saw them. Honestly, not much to see that we haven't already. The only other 'scoop' he got was that Madeleine's role is expanded. Not much in the slightest

Actually you haven't seen most of them. And I also have some video clips and photos of scenes that the Daily Mail either got only photos of or no photos at all.

Either way, there will be members here that will appreciate them, like they did with my live reportings for SP and NTTD, even if you quite clearly didn't.

Sorry for the delay my friend. I've been travelling around South America since Italy. Will have time to get them to you next week when I reach Colombia.
    @slyfox, most of us appreciated it. If you had done more, you would probably just have gotten arrested.
    slyfox wrote: »

I saw them. Honestly, not much to see that we haven't already. The only other 'scoop' he got was that Madeleine's role is expanded. Not much in the slightest

Actually you haven't seen most of them. And I also have some video clips and photos of scenes that the Daily Mail either got only photos of or no photos at all.

Either way, there will be members here that will appreciate them, like they did with my live reportings for SP and NTTD, even if you quite clearly didn't.

Sorry for the delay my friend. I've been travelling around South America since Italy. Will have time to get them to you next week when I reach Colombia.

@slyfox Aahh, there you are. And cool. I can wait. No rush. And stay safe in South America..
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Let's hope we'd see some sort of trailer some time this month. Fingers crossed.
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Let's hope we'd see some sort of trailer some time this month. Fingers crossed.

Have you missed out on this tweet, which is not the same thing that is true:

After what Barry007 said about this actual likelihood a few weeks back? I just accepted then it would be December until we got a trailer.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Lets hope they release it on my birthday, December 3rd :)
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    At this point, what’s another month?
    Denbigh wrote: »

Same here! (Also first post. Happy to have finally joined!)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    octofinger wrote: »
    I'm a bit anxious about the number of hands that have been on the script - that usually doesn't augur well. I'll be curious to see how things are credited.

A few scripts that went through a lot of drafts: OHMSS, TSWLM.

The proof is in the pudding.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    KizerK wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »

Same here! (Also first post. Happy to have finally joined!)

Welcome!
    I am in London this weekend and might stage a one-man protest in front of Eon Productions Ltd (138 Piccadilly, Mayfair) later today demanding an immediate release of the NTTD teaser, the re-hiring of the great Dan Romer and an immediate firing of Barbara Broccoli. Anyone want to join me?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited November 2019 Posts: 7,889
    I am in London this weekend and might stage a one-man protest in front of Eon Productions Ltd (138 Piccadilly, Mayfair) later today demanding an immediate release of the NTTD teaser, the re-hiring of the great Dan Romer and an immediate firing of Barbara Broccoli. Anyone want to join me?

Possibly Danny Boyle , or Christopher Nolan, will join you.