No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I'm skeptical that they'd make the villain an 'environmentalist.' It's seems a little dumb to essentially caricature the Extinction Rebellion movement and turn them into 'villains.' I think if anything it'll be the other way around and Malek is trying to destroy the environment in some way.

If they do go in the opposite direction, we could get a very relatable villain - who might very well have a point but is too extreme in his beliefs.

Also, algae farms look really cool.

D378_11_333_0004_600.jpg
    https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjenniferhicks%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F06%2FNM-Farm-east-to-west-300x225.jpg

Zen gardens are also beautiful:

3DAW-ZENGDN-img01.jpg
    japan-kyoto-hojoteien-zen-garden-kaz-chiba.jpg

Greene was an enviormentalist on the outside. He used it as a front for Quantum. They could pick up on that with Maleks character.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 12,837
    talos7 wrote: »
    Strange how many sees a 60's vibe from the Craig films. I have never got that impression myself.

Me neither. I'm getting the retro vibe with this one alright. Didn't feel it too much with SF or SP.

Me either, every time that I read that, I wonder,’ what are they looking at?’ .

It's a combination of things for me. The old cars, the outfits that often seem to be trying to evoke Connery or Moore (remember in CR/QoS where he'd wear jeans and harrington jackets? We're a far cry away from that now), MI6 suddenly looking all stuffy and old fashioned again since they moved to Whitehall (although that's better than the sci fi vibe of it in QoS to be fair). Then there's certain moments and scenes that seem intentionally retro, like the whole Morocco stretch in SP.

Compare the look and feel of the last two films to how 70s the Moore era felt, how 90s the Brosnan era felt and how 21st century CR and QoS felt and you might see what I mean, I think it's definitely a deliberate choice.

Obviously I won't be able to judge until we actually see the film but it seems to be the same sort of retro vibe again this time. Which isn't a bad thing, I thought SF and SP had a brilliant sense of atmosphere. I just think change/variety is good and we have had two retro films now, so I was hoping for something more modern again to change it up. It isn't a big deal and I guess if NTTD does turn out to have that same sort of aesthetic then it makes sense, it's a sequel to those two after all. But I do hope for the next guy they go for a bit more of a modern look. Bring him bang into 2024 or 2025 (I've given up hoping for shorter gaps) in the same way LALD, GE and CR modernised things for their new eras.

The only exception to this I think is the fit of the suits. Some things are timeless. I like the tailoring of the Kingsman films a lot better than some of Craig's topman skinny fit suits.
    Burgess wrote: »
    I don't spend as much time following Bond 25 production as some of you. So I don't see every instagram pic, every tweet of behind the scenes antics. I only check in here when theres about 300 - 400 new posts, and most of the time just skip to the most recent page of comments. So I have a slightly different perspective, from the outside. I hear nothing, absolutely nothing about Bond unless its on this sitw, and this is what is worrying me.

Unless I visited here, I probably wouldn't even know who was in it, thats how poor EON have been with marketing this thing thus far. I remember there was a big splash about Lynchs casting, but after that none of the campaign has struck a note. I notice people saying that the promotion won't start until December time, but by then we will probably be getting trailers for all the big summer movies of 2020. Its hard to see how Bond will make an impact and not get swept under the rug this time. When we got the jamaican video it felt like we would be getting 4 - 5 more throughout production of the different locations. Now filming has wrapped (or about finished) and no more have come?

All we have so far it a basic as basic gets teaser poster and a title (the less spoken about which the better). I haven't been hyped for Bond 25 for along time, but now am struggling to remain engaged whatsoever. There needs to be SOMETHING positive to come out of this production soon, everything apart from the Jamaica video has been bad or mediocre. And this is from a lifelong fan of the Bond movies, and supportive fan until SP. It is sad to see, or feel that Bond is slipping behind, the teaser HAS to correct many things, put us straight that Bond IS the lead character, and the whole thing hasn't been copted by political ideology like STAR WARS and Marvel. Though, if Noamis comments are to be believed there isn't much hope for that.

Even though much has been made of Eon's tight marketing control thus far, I do believe the strategy for NTTD is on trend for the industry. I'll site the current Star Wars campaign and Universal's Fast & Furious films as examples--concentrated, high impact roll outs leveraged with other pop culture events. I fully expect a TV spot or trailer for NTTD to air during the American Super Bowl.

Also, I think Eon is consciously using social media to its advantage.

"Last week was handily dominated by the announcement of Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’s last trailer."

"Said announcement led all three tracked social media services, to no one’s surprise."

"Quietly and with little fanfare No Time To Die took the runner-up position on all three services. Its numbers were not huge, but the fact that it is generating that level of interest six months from release without a trailer or major news only spells good things for its potential."

- from Box Office Pro

https://www.boxofficepro.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-dominates-social-media-with-trailer-announcement/

This is exactly my point. Right now Bond is one of the biggest movies on the horizon. However, by the time it gets closer to release that will no longer be the case. I wonder where Bond 25 will be doing on socail media after the christmas season is over, and attention starts to turn towards the summer slate, with early trailers dropping in the new year.

Fair point but as release date draws near the marketing will ramp up. This is true for any movie. For example, Wonder Woman '84 premiers in June so--theoretically--its marketing campaign won't truly ramp up until NTTD is near release or already released.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited October 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Burgess wrote: »
    I don't spend as much time following Bond 25 production as some of you. So I don't see every instagram pic, every tweet of behind the scenes antics. I only check in here when theres about 300 - 400 new posts, and most of the time just skip to the most recent page of comments. So I have a slightly different perspective, from the outside. I hear nothing, absolutely nothing about Bond unless its on this sitw, and this is what is worrying me.

Unless I visited here, I probably wouldn't even know who was in it, thats how poor EON have been with marketing this thing thus far. I remember there was a big splash about Lynchs casting, but after that none of the campaign has struck a note. I notice people saying that the promotion won't start until December time, but by then we will probably be getting trailers for all the big summer movies of 2020. Its hard to see how Bond will make an impact and not get swept under the rug this time. When we got the jamaican video it felt like we would be getting 4 - 5 more throughout production of the different locations. Now filming has wrapped (or about finished) and no more have come?

All we have so far it a basic as basic gets teaser poster and a title (the less spoken about which the better). I haven't been hyped for Bond 25 for along time, but now am struggling to remain engaged whatsoever. There needs to be SOMETHING positive to come out of this production soon, everything apart from the Jamaica video has been bad or mediocre. And this is from a lifelong fan of the Bond movies, and supportive fan until SP. It is sad to see, or feel that Bond is slipping behind, the teaser HAS to correct many things, put us straight that Bond IS the lead character, and the whole thing hasn't been copted by political ideology like STAR WARS and Marvel. Though, if Noamis comments are to be believed there isn't much hope for that.

Even though much has been made of Eon's tight marketing control thus far, I do believe the strategy for NTTD is on trend for the industry. I'll site the current Star Wars campaign and Universal's Fast & Furious films as examples--concentrated, high impact roll outs leveraged with other pop culture events. I fully expect a TV spot or trailer for NTTD to air during the American Super Bowl.

Also, I think Eon is consciously using social media to its advantage.

"Last week was handily dominated by the announcement of Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’s last trailer."

"Said announcement led all three tracked social media services, to no one’s surprise."

"Quietly and with little fanfare No Time To Die took the runner-up position on all three services. Its numbers were not huge, but the fact that it is generating that level of interest six months from release without a trailer or major news only spells good things for its potential."

- from Box Office Pro

https://www.boxofficepro.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-dominates-social-media-with-trailer-announcement/
    This is exactly my point. Right now Bond is one of the biggest movies on the horizon. However, by the time it gets closer to release that will no longer be the case. I wonder where Bond 25 will be doing on socail media after the christmas season is over, and attention starts to turn towards the summer slate, with early trailers dropping in the new year.
    I mean that's just inevitable. All films go through that same process. It's the business.
    Yes, but whatever gives @Mendes4Lyfe a chance to complain he’ll take.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 12,914
    Bounine wrote: »
    ...I thought it was strange how Q said in Skyfall “we don’t do that anymore”. Spies have gadgets in real life.
    Well of course that was a joke, plus further set up Q to be put in his place over time and after his pajamas comment. His learning curve. Full-out gadgets were a certainty.
    Univex wrote: »
    So I take it Bond's into suspenders now, right? Craig can pull it of.
    From Q Branch, so obviously.
    I'm skeptical that they'd make the villain an 'environmentalist.' It's seems a little dumb to essentially caricature the Extinction Rebellion movement and turn them into 'villains.' I think if anything it'll be the other way around and Malek is trying to destroy the environment in some way.
    Plenty of opportunity to misuse good intent. Or even John Gardner's idea for the madness of creating an environmental crisis because the villain wants to become a savior with his fix for it. (But as with Russians and Chinese, the plot will dance around politics and the environmentalist would be a rogue actor.)

I like the Garden of Death idea, @Burgess, didn't consider that.

• I can't see the villain being an environmentalist either. I know it has been an issue for a long time, but the current media frenzy over it didn't start until very recently, so I'm not sure that would've inspired them. Plus chances are he's linked to SPECTRE somehow. The crime syndicate famed for their extravagant bases and elaborate death traps, who in the last movie had Bond picked up in a vintage rolls royce, suddenly becoming eco warriors? Nah. Can't see that.

I also can't see it happening in future films either because as @Pierce2Daniel said, it'd be pretty dumb and irresponsible to go there with a villain now. I know you can have villains fighting for worthy causes whose methods are too extreme, Kingsman had that in both films with climate change and the drug laws. But we've just had a state of emergency declared over climate change and the people trying to do something about it are getting enough grief as it is. Seems too topical/timely at the minute imo, it's a bit of a political minefield. I think we can lump it in with Islamic terrorism, right wing extremism, etc, as one of those things they won't dare touch.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    JG007 wrote: »
    There seems to be a real positive vibe about this shoot. Granted all the “disasters” on set and setbacks and rumours but I think that’s media nonesense. Of what physical things we’ve seen, the actually feeling and togetherness on and around set, I think everyone involved has had a real life experience putting this movie together thus far and I think it’ll show in the finished article. I nearly feel upset for them that shooting has wrapped but nice to have official word now and excited and hoping the marketing will ramp up.

Hopefully release the teaser next week along with some of these set visit articles we’ve seen and some stills from the film and I think we’ll all be happy right?..

Onwards and upwards 🍸

Media nonsense is inexcusable, yet unfortunately also a hard reality. What's even worse, however, is fan nonsense. Fans don't have to sell newspapers or get rich off other people's curiosity. The hundreds of pages of empty speculation, fear mongering and getting upset over unconfirmed rumours were painful to sit through.

Sentences structured as, "IF that were the case, as someone random and not at all involved in the making of the film thinks, then I'm really angry and I'm losing my love for Bond over that and EON knows [insert offensive term] about making movies and so-and-so should be fired and..." have made me feel ashamed for some here.

Now that production has wrapped up, we may finally get to some first footage from the film, some first edited clips, soon. Mark this moment. It's when serious people will start to weigh in on the discussions. And all those who've been making total fools of themselves these past months will have lost every bit of credibility in these discussions. The thing I'm hoping for most of all is that NTTD will turn out a completely different movie than predicted by some of our most vocal oracles here. While I want NTTD to be an enjoyable Bond film for most of us, I also hope it'll be a lesson in modesty to some.

100% agree,
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,497
    I can't see the villain being an environmentalist either. I know it has been an issue for a long time, but the current media frenzy over it didn't start until very recently, so I'm not sure that would've inspired them. Plus chances are he's linked to SPECTRE somehow. The crime syndicate famed for their extravagant bases and elaborate death traps, who in the last movie had Bond picked up in a vintage rolls royce, suddenly becoming eco warriors? Nah. Can't see that.

I also can't see it happening in future films either because as @Pierce2Daniel said, it'd be pretty dumb and irresponsible to go there with a villain now. I know you can have villains fighting for worthy causes whose methods are too extreme, Kingsman had that in both films with climate change and the drug laws. But we've just had a state of emergency declared over climate change and the people trying to do something about it are getting enough grief as it is. Seems too topical/timely at the minute imo, it's a bit of a political minefield. I think we can lump it in with Islamic terrorism, right wing extremism, etc, as one of those things they won't dare touch.

Malek said that his character will not be connected to any ideology.

And I'm ok with that.
    Someone on that great crew picture told me the movie looked incredible - both in a retro / Sean Connery kind of way yet with a very comtemporary vibe. What we saw from the July video is just 5% of the overall look of the movie. The source really was complimentary regarding Linus Sandgren's work. DC is said to be at the top of his game and a great guy to work with. People were more and more energized the more production was moving forward. There was a general feeling on the set the movie will be something special. Day off today and they will have a big wrap party tomorrow.
    The source was also satisfied by the teaser trailer. It gives a good advance feeling of what the movie is yet reveals but no more than a tenth of its content and none of the twists.
    There was more enthusiasm in my source's voice today than at the start of production.
    A good sign.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    shamelord wrote: »
    Someone on that great crew picture told me the movie looked incredible - both in a retro / Sean Connery kind of way yet with a very comtemporary vibe. What we saw from the July video is just 5% of the overall look of the movie. The source really was complimentary regarding Linus Sandgren's work. DC is said to be at the top of his game and a great guy to work with. People were more and more energized the more production was moving forward. There was a general feeling on the set the movie will be something special. Day off today and they will have a big wrap party tomorrow.
    The source was also satisfied by the teaser trailer. It gives a good advance feeling of what the movie is yet reveals but no more than a tenth of its content and none of the twists.
    There was more enthusiasm in my source's voice today than at the start of production.
    A good sign.
    Great to hear @shamelord :)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    shamelord wrote: »
    A good sign.

Thank you sir. :)>-
    That's very good to hear, @shamelord. That and the first Empire picture made my day. Thank you.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,834
    This pretty much sums it all up for me...

Also, I think we could be looking at getting a trailer by the end of the next week :)
    Also, I think we could be looking at getting a trailer by the end of the next week :)

Fingers crossed. Or at least more official pics.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Univex wrote: »

Fingers crossed. Or at least more official pics.
    Yes definitely, I'd love to see some official stills of our main cast, especially our Bond girls and Malek, but if they wanna keep him a secret still I'm okay with it. Also, I can't explain how refreshing it is to be so in the dark even with all the sleuthing we do here haha :D
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Ana de Armas stuntdouble Mounia Moula posted this today (from yesterday's shoot I assume). Taking of make-up & a wig apparently. But look at the clothes. Is it Mounias own style or could that be Ana's outfit?

Anne !!!! Our Last moment 🥺thank you to have been so nice to me 💕 #thankyou #makeup #hair #wig #remove #lastmoment #finish #ending #bond25 #team #work #truck #happyness #wonderwoman #anne #nice #woman #mirror #photography @jeancharlesrousseau 🙏🏻

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Contraband wrote: »
    Ana de Armas stuntdouble Mounia Moula posted this today (from yesterday's shoot I assume). Taking of make-up & a wig apparently. But look at the clothes. Is it Mounias own style or could that be Ana's outfit?

Anne !!!! Our Last moment 🥺thank you to have been so nice to me 💕 #thankyou #makeup #hair #wig #remove #lastmoment #finish #ending #bond25 #team #work #truck #happyness #wonderwoman #anne #nice #woman #mirror #photography @jeancharlesrousseau 🙏🏻

A safari style shirt/jacket? Seems like something you'd wear in warmer climate (like Cuba).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Doesn't seem like something you would wear with heels though. And we know that about Ana's outfit.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Walecs wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    First still:

no-time-to-die-exclusive.jpg

I knew Empire would drop something this week! Yes!!!

This is by far the best shot of Craig we have seen so far. Love the costume and the fact that Bond looks roughed up. It reminds me a little of the moment from OHMSS when Bond gets caught in the cogs at Piz Gloria.

I think this shot is from the finale as the buttons on the trousers are the same as Nomi's jacket here:

0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-La-Seydoux-appears-upset-between-takes-filming-scenes-for-James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-i.jpg

I’d argue this is the best shot of Craig in NTTD
    dgk7kpdldcjc.jpeg
    ua1ox6mmmk3v.jpeg

That's the absolute worst imo. Looks more like gay Bond (and I'm saying this as someone who is not straight).

+1 it does(couldn't have said it as a straight guy).
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    I'll use a pic to share my thoughts re: Bond's look.

Sin-t-tulo.jpg

Suddenly, the DAF pink tie and Dalton's oversized suits with huge lapels weren't so bad...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Sin-t-tulo.jpg

Suddenly, the DAF pink tie and Dalton's oversized suits with huge lapels weren't so bad...

Never going to be able to unsee this. Thanks. :))
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    jake24 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like something you would wear with heels though. And we know that about Ana's outfit.

Then again, Ana could have more scenes in other outfits

Anyway, just a thought..
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

Anyway, just a thought..

Im hoping for as little outfit as possible 😉
    Mallory wrote: »

Anyway, just a thought..

Im hoping for as little outfit as possible 😉

giphy.gif
    Craig looks good, older but still good.

I was hoping they would give him something tighter and trimmer like the spectre teaser poster outfit
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Filming has ended. Assuming Daniel doesn't return he'll never film another Bond scene (assuming they're are no reshoots). It is the end of an era, folks. It feels a bit like when Roger Moore finished A View To A Kill.

Perhaps they'll hold off the teaser trailer until January. I was thinking go with the teaser just before the release of two huge films - Frozen 2 and Rise of Skywalker - (Frozen 2's trailer has a mind boggling billion views on Youtube!) but they'll get loads of media attention so it might be better to wait to early January when those films have been out for a while and then release the teaser. A December Bond teaser would be a nice Christmas present, though. :)
  • Judging from the pants, we’ll be seeing Bond in tactical gear, which is very cool. Also getting classic “Bond held captive in villains lair” vibe. Perhaps we’re in for a good ol fashioned storming the castle finale.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    So @antovolk do you think they are teeing up a busy week of media reports from the set/pictures/interviews/...............................and the trailer? It would sync up with the release of Terminator.

This is my favourite outfit of Craig's so far. It's so cool. Daniel Craig looks sexy af. CJF and Craig understands that Bond is a more of a character you can emotionally invest in when he's a little more broken and bleeding.

I found a high-ri version of the photo from the set. I've spotted a number of folk:

NOTIMETODIE_MAIN-UNIT-CREW.jpg

I can see:
    1. Daniel Craig
    2. CJF
    3. Barbara (wearing a tshirt that says 'Rock N Roll' I think)
    4. MGW
    5. Suttirat Larlarb
    6. Mark Tildesley
    7. Lashana Lynch
    8. Lottie Geliot
    9. Thepashl (from Instagram)
    10. Jon Mallard
    11. Linus Sandgren
    12. Marie Mouroum (check out her photos for the wrap party shots. Lashana organised some jerk chicken and there are a lot of cakes)
    13. Zoe Tahir(who is holding up photos of Craig's bodyguards)

I can also see Greg Wilson and Simon Waterstone.

Thank you @Pierce2Daniel for the high quality picture!

Quite a few familiar faces from Instagram. Plus, the one woman in red, isn't that Cary's girlfriend, Kristine Froseth? She's an actress, so maybe she got a small part.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 15,785

Sin-t-tulo.jpg

YES!!! I love it! I was thinking his new NTTD look evoked the styles one might see on LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE or THE WALTONS .

michael-landon-1.jpg?w=2700&h=1806
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I have no problem with the lack of publicity. My only worry is that Craig doesn't leave on a high note. Meaning that his tenure has been one long turn to the dark side, fighting inner demons and so forth, always looking for a way to retire.

Back in the days almost every kid wanted to be Bond. Cool gadgets, lots of women, glamorous - the world at his feet. Not much of that over the last 13 years. Guess it's the sign of the times that every hero has to have an inner struggle going on, so we are suppose to be feel sorry for the character instead.

For Bond 26...can we please have James Bond back?

Lots of women? check
    Glamorous? check, unless a casino & a beautiful gigantic eye don't count
    Cool gadgets? more or less check

The only thing I agree on is that they should have never made Blofeld his "foster brother".

Foster Bros. the single worst idea in the entire series! The one thing that will bog down NTTD.