What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

Not even hummable. I'm sure Sheeran and Lipa would be the same. If this is music, I'm Santa.
    Out of curiosity, Boy George has posted this track called No Time To Die with quite Bondian lyrics (note the reference to Jamaica!) on SoundCloud last night. Some of you might want to have a listen.

...and his typically Boy-Georgian response to the release is ... 😉

Have to say I quite liked it. Some very clever lyrics in the song.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I have to say it's not bad, leaves that Sam Smith dreck way behind.

I've not much hope for the NTTD title theme to be honest, I'll live with a woeful song if the film is as good as I think it is going to be.

If it is Sheeran or Lipa which I think is very possible so be it, I'll have to take ear plugs for the titles.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I like this song quite a bit and think with a bit of tweaking it could be even more Bondian. Boys voice is weathered and perfectly fits where Bond is at this point in his life . It really would make a good booked to Chris Cornell’ YKMN .
    This destroys Sam Smith’s weak , pleading , over praised effort.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll be so upset if Sheeran does the title song, he's easily one of the worst "artists" of today. His music's like poison to my eardrums.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    I have to agree, the more I listen to Boy George’s effort the more I’m liking it - with bigger orchestration I could imagine it working. I’d like to see an older singer taking on the film’s song,

Have to agree about Ed Sheehan as well, after his GoT cameo I really can’t bear seeing or hearing him perform.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'll be so upset if Sheeran does the title song, he's easily one of the worst "artists" of today. His music's like poison to my eardrums.
    It would be truly awful.

Of course it won't have any effect on the quality of the movie, but I love Bond title songs goddamnit, and getting a double whammy of Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran is the stuff of nightmares.
    Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran 😳
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The is a good reason the majority of my music is from the 20th Century, I have no idea which modern artist's would be suitable. No doubt they will go with someone very mainstream and try for another Oscar
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I can’t make it work, annoyingly.

Random thought but someone who’s been doing the rounds recently: Springsteen would probably do something rather good. I’m not a massive fan or anything but he’s got the right feel.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    So what happened to the Sting rumours? I thought everyone was sold on that.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Denbigh wrote: »

They never really went away nor did they go anywhere else.
    Denbigh wrote: »

They never really went away nor did they go anywhere else.

It may or may not be true, it’s just not the flavor of the month.
    For all we know the song has been recorded .
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The is a good reason the majority of my music is from the 20th Century, I have no idea which modern artist's would be suitable. No doubt they will go with someone very mainstream and try for another Oscar

Right there with you. I hate sounding like the old man shouting at the sky who doesn't enjoy anything from this century, because it's certainly not the case, but when it comes to music my tastes tend to stop at the early 2000s, at the absolute latest. Most of my enjoyment and constant jamming comes from the 20th Century.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Alan Partridge believes much the same thing, I think his quote was that there was no good music made after 1998 :)
    Lets have the Rolling Stones of Paul McCarthy do it it would be bloody retro rockers, and they might not be around for the next 007 movie. ;)
  • Lana Del Rey, but it looks like it's going to be Sting.
    Lana Del Rey, but it looks like it's going to be Sting.

Now that would be a nice duet.

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    How about this singing trio? The one on the right must be Stephen Fry.

worst-album-covers-jesus-use-me.jpg
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 1,661
    The Boy George track is pretty good. Could be given a bit of a remix to make it feel closer to the rest of the soundtrack. His voice sounds a lot huskier than back in his 80s prime. If not the official Bond theme, I reckon it might work as the end credit theme. :)

And as someone that didn't like the title - I think it sounds/feels a lot better when you hear it in a song. :)

Is that Will Young in the middle?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.

Yepp. Spot on.

Yepp. Spot on.

Wonder who's on the left?
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom

Yepp. Spot on.

Nigel Farage.

Yepp. Spot on.

Nigel Farage.

A younger Nigel Farage, by the looks of it :))
    I know there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell of it happening but I’d like to see The Pretenders have another go sta title track.
    Chrissie Hynde has such a distinct soulful voice, but with an edge.
    I'd take anyone more rock orientated at this point. After the two previous themes, it's time for something with more "punch" to it.
    I'd take anyone more rock orientated at this point. After the two previous themes, it's time for something with more "punch" to it.

Yes!

talos7 wrote: »

Yes!

That goes for the whole movie actually. ;)
This discussion has been closed.