NTTD: The Clapperboard thread

Comments

Univex wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    I think you pretty much nailed the structure down.

Many thanks. I think so to. That parallelism between
    young Swann being taken for dead and older Swann being taken for dead
    was quite smart, IM(NS)HO.

What happens after London is beyond me, though.

Damn you @Univex thank God I stop reading after 1st line, nearly spoiled the film for myself. But from what little I read was quite good.

I did use the spoiler tags, @Resurrection, old pal ;)

Glad you liked what you read.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    So as far as we know Matera will last from scene 16/17 to 52.
    - Gunbarrel

- Opens up in a remote icy location in Austria. It's Mr. White's house. A young Madeleine wakes up to some commotion in the living room. Fetches the gun from under the sink, shoots her father's assailant in the face. He does not die, and follows her outside into the ice. She falls through. He shoots the ice and thinks she's dead.

- Cue Kleinman's titles, which aptly provide us some context on Swan's surviving that traumatic scene.

- Swann wakes up in the DB5. Bond's driving. They go through a tunnel into the gorgeous Matera. They arrive at the Hotel. Romantic scenes in Matera follow.

- Bond goes to the old cemetery alone. For some reason the mausoleum blows up and he is attacked by assassin's in an old Maserati and Triumph Scrambler.

- He runs to the bridge and jumps over into some trees. He flees.

- Running back to the town, he takes the Triumph from the assassin, using his tie to make him fall off his motorbike and goes to Swann.

- He takes her by the hand and they run to the DB5.

- Chase ensues. A mix of classic Bond stuff, like she sheep and the big airplane machine guns from the headlights.

- By the end of it, something happens which makes Bond think Swann is dead. Much like the assassin though in the original ice scene. Again Madeleine Swann is taken for dead.

- Years later, Bond is at Jamaica, fishing and sailing. His retirement is interrupted by his old pal Leiter, who informs him about a kidnapping of a scientist that's been held in Cuba. Leiter convinces Bond to help him with some very valid personal arguments. Meanwhile, at a party, he is contacted/seduced by an Mi6 agent who's keeping tabs on him and later she informs him about some CIA's double plot.

- Bond goes to Cuba. There he rescues the scientist in an awesome chase in Cuban streets and roofs (and falling into a bar).

- After all of that, Bond has to be briefed in London. So he goes back as a visitor. There he is made aware of his replacement. A person who he already knew from Jamaica (maybe she even helps him in Cuba).

I don't know. What do you guys think?

Moreover,
    I believe Madeleine will be the spine and bones of this film, in which the whole narrative will revolve around her. Bond being the character who is under her love and protective thumb.

I think Madeleine will be taken for dead in the PTS and right after it in Matera. Making the parallelism and giving sense to the “No Time to Die” line (or even “A Reason to Die”, for that matter).

She’ll stay dead to protect Bond, and that’ll be the clincher. A Bond woman protecting Bond - the right way, none of that ninja stuff, finally.

Trust me, this is the organics for the this film. And a fine ideia it is. Let’s see about its execution.
    - Gunbarrel

- Opens up in a remote icy location in Austria. It's Mr. White's house. A young Madeleine wakes up to some commotion in the living room. Fetches the gun from under the sink, shoots her father's assailant in the face. He does not die, and follows her outside into the ice. She falls through. He shoots the ice and thinks she's dead.

- Cue Kleinman's titles, which aptly provide us some context on Swan's surviving that traumatic scene.

- Swann wakes up in the DB5. Bond's driving. They go through a tunnel into the gorgeous Matera. They arrive at the Hotel. Romantic scenes in Matera follow.

- Bond goes to the old cemetery alone. For some reason the mausoleum blows up and he is attacked by assassin's in an old Maserati and Triumph Scrambler.

- Running back to the town, he takes the Triumph from the assassin, using his tie to make him fall off his motorbike and goes to Swann.

- Chase ensues. A mix of classic Bond stuff, like she sheep and the big airplane machine guns from the headlights.

- By the end of it, something happens which makes Bond think Swann is dead. Much like the assassin though in the original ice scene. Again Madeleine Swann is taken for dead.

- Years later, Bond is at Jamaica, fishing and sailing. His retirement is interrupted by his old pal Leiter, who informs him about a kidnapping of a scientist that's been held in Cuba. Leiter convinces Bond to help him with some very valid personal arguments. Meanwhile, at a party, he is contacted/seduced by an Mi6 agent who's keeping tabs on him and later she informs him about some CIA's double plot.

- Bond goes to Cuba. There he rescues the scientist in an awesome chase in Cuban streets and roofs (and falling into a bar).

- After all of that, Bond has to be briefed in London. So he goes back as a visitor. There he is made aware of his replacement. A person who he already knew from Jamaica (maybe she even helps him in Cuba).

Moreover,
    I believe Madeleine will be the spine and bones of this film, in which the whole narrative will revolve around her. Bond being the character who is under her love and protective thumb.

I think Madeleine will be taken for dead in the PTS and right after it in Matera. Making the parallelism and giving sense to the “No Time to Die” line (or even “A Reason to Die”, for that matter).

She’ll stay dead to protect Bond, and that’ll be the clincher. A Bond woman protecting Bond - the right way, none of that ninja stuff, finally.

Trust me, this is the organics for the this film. And a fine ideia it is. Let’s see about its execution.

I have felt something similar for a while. In one of my earlier posts, a few weeks back, I think, I also speculate on what u are saying and how it also supports the title and even the early title; A Reason To Die.

• ColonelSun wrote: »
    - Gunbarrel

Moreover,

I have felt something similar for a while. In one of my earlier posts, a few weeks back, I think, I also speculate on what u are saying and how it also supports the title and even the early title; A Reason To Die.

Lea Seydoux does have second billing ...
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Vzkv5cb.jpg
  • Red_Snow wrote: »
    Vzkv5cb.jpg

Uncharacteristically, I got that slate right 👍🏻

#youlearnsomethingneweveryday
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 1
    Uncharacteristically, I got that slate right 👍🏻

#youlearnsomethingneweveryday
    You did get this one right, but don't be silly, it's not uncharacteristic of you to get it right. I can't remember you getting it wrong other than the hilarious 45G/54G, well other than 45J/54J too.
  • RC7RC7
    Who left the back door open?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I can't keep track of every clapperboard, but has this been posted from Port Antonio in April?

V05fhrp.jpg

• RC7RC7
    Contraband wrote: »
    I can't keep track of every clapperboard, but has this been posted from Port Antonio in April?

V05fhrp.jpg

It has.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Have we seen this clapperboard yet??
  • For the record, she did explicitly tag that post as" 2nd Unit"
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,277
    I took this photo in London back in June when they were filming with the Drone, Daniel leaving the V8 in Whitehall.

SCENE 156B
    jK2QsUf.jpg

Nice, thank you for sharing! :)
    1.jpg

Scene X252
    No-Time-To-Die_Set-Visit_Matera_59.jpg
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    What are the red dots on the Aston? Camera rig locations?
    It's for CGI in post. Maybe flames or something.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Zekidk wrote: »
    It's for CGI in post. Maybe flames or something.

Thanks.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    119572313_326764041981086_6568705911145595986_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fadl6-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=BkQI4FZFUtMAX-Gi_sn&_nc_tp=18&oh=5b8793162b665514881b2cb793c51111&oe=5F65B4F9
    dchYE9Z.jpg
    Ekn8aySXgAQ1xO-.jpg
    Where from @Red_Snow ?
    Red_Snow wrote: »

@Red_Snow From footage?? If so, where?? Insta?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

It’s from the Dhl website under the bond section. A video plays if you just stay still and it shows this along with some other shots including the bike stunt
    edited October 2020 Posts: 3,018

It’s from the Dhl website under the bond section. A video plays if you just stay still and it shows this along with some other shots including the bike stunt

I see. But just for the record. They have added that yacht scene/clapperboard recently and only on the website. Not ft. in the BTS-vlog. Just checked the full video just to be sure.

I see. But just for the record. They have added that yacht scene/clapperboard recently while the rest is old BTS-footage. Just checked the full video just to be sure.

Thank you @Contraband.