Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

And I won't but have fun for you!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited September 2019 Posts: 8,000
    Fine, if you’re not gonna see it, stop complaining about a movie you claim you’ll never see because you’re sexist and racist.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 71
    As I said, have fun for you.
    you’re sexist and racist.
    A liberal's last sentence in every debate.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,834
    So......................we have our first real look at the new 007:

EFaGMfDXYAARuyg?format=jpg&name=medium

I mean......................regardless of your opinion, this photo is kinda iconic.

I've spoken out against the costumes in this film, but Nomi's outfits have been terrific and I adore this look. It's so badass and she still looks cool. I couldn't be more enthused by Lynch's role in this film.
    I'm loving everything about this look. Lea looks great too. Can't wait to see all this in context.
  • peaderppeaderp england
    I think it looks like Nomi could be a villain or Henchwoman chasing Madeleine.
  • Why can't we all just be positive? We haven't had a Bond film in four years, Daniel Craig is coming back, is that not enough? We've got a fantastic director and I have full confidence that this film is going to be a belter and end Daniel's tenure on a high note! Bring on April ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,834
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Why can't we all just be positive? We haven't had a Bond film in four years, Daniel Craig is coming back, is that not enough? We've got a fantastic director and I have full confidence that this film is going to be a belter and end Daniel's tenure on a high note! Bring on April ;)
    giphy.gif
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    I just get a really good vibe from Lashana and can see being a huge asset to the film. Primarily, in appealing to a whole new audience - whilst not alienating the people who love Bond.

She has a lot going for her:
    • She gave a stand-out performance in Captain Marvel
    • She's young
    • She's edgy
    • She's British
    • She's in terrific shape
    • The British press seem optimistic and excited for a 'black, female 007'
    • Social media has predominately embraced the casting and Lynch in particular
    I think there is a chance that this could be a 'star making' turn for her. Also, I found this recent photos of her.

I think Nomi is going to be a serious badass

lashana-lynch-attends-red-bull-sound-system-at-notting-hill-carnival-picture-id1163947818?s=2048x2048
    lashana-lynch-attends-red-bull-sound-system-at-notting-hill-carnival-picture-id1163947820?s=2048x2048
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A whole new audience, and one that the series was never in any danger of attracting in the first place? I'll take the wait and see approch.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Well, Pierce2Daniel is either in love with Miss Lynch or he's her press agent... :))
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I just get a really good vibe from Lashana and can see being a huge asset to the film. Primarily, in appealing to a whole new audience - whilst not alienating the people who love Bond.

She has a lot going for her:
    • She gave a stand-out performance in Captain Marvel
    • She's young
    • She's edgy
    • She's British
    • She's in terrific shape
    • The British press seem optimistic and excited for a 'black, female 007'
    • Social media has predominately embraced the casting and Lynch in particular
    I think there is a chance that this could be a 'star making' turn for her. Also, I found this recent photos of her.

I think Nomi is going to be a serious badass

Yeah I thought she was good in Marvel too; way more engaging than the actual lead of the film! :)
    Sani wrote: »

That's all they have. They can never debate the actual issue, just call people names and resort to their immature state of being.
  • The_Reaper wrote: »

That's all they have. They can never debate the actual issue, just call people names and resort to their immature state of being.

Well, no. I've engaged in several debates on this forum, generally taking a liberal perspective, and I've never yet used that sentence. So I'd say you're making an inaccurate generalization.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I am currently watching Blade Runner 2049 on my 55” 4k tv.

Two observations:

1) Ana de Armas 😍😍😍

And

2) Ana de Armas 😍😍😍

Cant wait to see her in NTTD!
    The_Reaper wrote: »

Less name calling and more of an accurate assessment. If anyone is immature, it's those making an issue out of nothing like Sani has.
  • Ana de Armas is one of Elle's Nine Rising Stars You're About to See Everywhere
    https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a29431332/hollywood-rising-2019/
    elm110119wlyoung-002logo-1570744881.jpg?resize=980:*

A running gag in Knives Out—the late-November whodunit from director Rian Johnson (Star Wars: The Last Jedi)—centers on a murdered patriarch’s private nurse, Marta, played by Ana de Armas. “She’d been working for Harlan [Christopher Plummer] for about five years,” says the Cuban actress, 31, who joins Daniel Craig, Jamie Lee Curtis, Chris Evans, and LaKeith Stanfield in the ensemble thriller. “But the family has no clue where she’s from. In every scene, she’s being told she’s from a different country.” Such insensitivities, she says, were left on camera. In real life, the cast bonded like family, thanks to two months of intensive autumn filming in Boston.

She credits Curtis for her maternal energy, Evans for his comic relief, and Stanfield for his sartorial sense. As for De Armas, she soaked it all in. “They all had so many stories to tell,” says the actress, who moved stateside in 2014 and was quickly cast in blockbusters like WarDogs and Blade Runner 2049. “I was trying to absorb as much as I could.” Next, she’ll shed Marta’s frumpy garb for more flattering fashion, playing the marquee role in the Marilyn Monroe biopic Blonde and Craig’s next Bond girl in the spy franchise.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 12,837

I mean......................regardless of your opinion, this photo is kinda iconic.

I've spoken out against the costumes in this film, but Nomi's outfits have been terrific and I adore this look. It's so badass and she still looks cool. I couldn't be more enthused by Lynch's role in this film.

Love it. I've been saying for years that I want to see Bond in proper combat gear again like in TLD and GE. The new 007 is showing Craig up.

Nice watch too, guessing it'll be an Omega? Hope it has a laser in it. I think Bond working with someone who has all the tricks and gear that he used to have will be a fun dynamic. Bet he's going to be really jealous of the new Aston.

The more I see of her the more I think that she's really fit too. Doesn't really matter as I don't think she'll be in it for sex appeal, that'll be Lea and Ana's role. But Lynch is definitely way more attractive than some are giving her credit for imo. Unconventionally maybe, but she's still pretty stunning.

I'm not usually much for the "Bond's equal" Bond girls but I'm getting good vibes from her. I think you're right, she could really nail it.
  • RC7RC7

Love it. I've been saying for years that I want to see Bond in proper combat gear again like in TLD and GE. The new 007 is showing Craig up.

Nice watch too, guessing it'll be an Omega? Hope it has a laser in it. I think Bond working with someone who has all the tricks and gear that he used to have will be a fun dynamic. Bet he's going to be really jealous of the new Aston.

The more I see of her the more I think that she's really fit too. Doesn't really matter as I don't think she'll be in it for sex appeal, that'll be Lea and Ana's role. But Lynch is definitely way more attractive than some are giving her credit for imo. Unconventionally maybe, but she's still pretty stunning.

As petty as it is, I really struggle with her hair.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 12,837
    RC7 wrote: »

As petty as it is, I really struggle with her hair.

That's the only real turn off for me too, but I think she has a really pretty face, and the short hair seems fitting if she's meant to be a 00 going on the same sort of dangerous missions that Bond does.

I've never really been much for the "Bond's equal" sort of Bond girls but she seems different. Maybe it's because she's British, in really athletic shape, and they actually seem to be styling and selling her as someone on Bond's level, as opposed to some fit model type in a catsuit that we're meant to believe is just as cool and capable as Bond because she's a spy with a gun like him. I'm sure with it being a Craig film and with Pheobe Waller Bridge helping out that she'll be better characterised than the likes of Jinx and Wai Lin too. They've never really got this sort of character right imo but I think @Pierce2Daniel is right and they could have really nailed it with this casting. I'm excited.
  • RC7RC7
    She does have a really pretty face, it’s why I struggle. From the brief glimpses, she looks stunning with that weave in Jamaica.
  • The best rumour I've heard in a very very long while.......a classy filmmaker wants to do a Bond spin-off and has met with Barbara Broccoli

I know that NTTD has been a bit of a headache for Eon over the last few years. But once this film is out of the way, it be kinda awesome if they followed this line of thought.

I’d typically be against a ‘spin-off’ film in this franchise. They are ‘Bond movies’ after all, it isn’t like Marvel where there are a litany of characters to spin-off into individual franchises. Also in her own right Moneypenny is hardly a real character (though Harris has done a lot to disprove that in both SF and SP).

But I really love the idea of getting a talent like Barry Jenkins on board and the fact that Barbara met with him is f**king tantalising. I think Jenkins would be an awesome job with a thriller and his visual sensibilities and musical choices are through the roof. He is one of the best talents working today and the fact that he wants to do this is brilliant.

I never knew how much I wanted or needed a Moneypenny film until today. I’d be so up for a Moneypenny/Jenkins film. You could probably do it fairly inexpensively as well – I mean look at ‘Joker’ – or on streaming.

Harris is more than capable. She looks great in the ‘Black and Blue’ trailers (which is surprisingly her first movie lead) and looks amazing for 43. She could pass for 10 years younger. Plus the Sony advert from the SP marketing campaign was a pretty persuasive argument for a Moneypenny film:

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Although I can't really see how a Moneypenny film/series or whatever might play out, I feel that's more likely than a Nomi spin-off; Moneypenny is at least an established character that's been with the franchise from the start. It's not a character that sees much screen time, but it's a character people know about.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Yes this is true, i will be more interested to see moneypenny spin-off than Naomi's.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Considering it will be 5 years since the last Bond film when NTTD finally makes an appearance in Cinemas, i'd say talk of spin offs from the producers is quite honestly insulting.
    So with new Moneypenny film, how would it rank alongside FRWL, OHMSS, CR, etc? . Or should we not include it in those rankings, and rank the new Moneypenny franchise entries on their own merit?

That would be interesting if the new Moneypeny films get released every 2 years, and Bond is left lagging way behind at one film (possibly two) per decade.
    Heh, I guess a Moneypenny film isn't beyond the pale since she at one point got her own line of books. With Naomie Harris? I'd be down, to be honest.

I'd still like Felix Leiter to get his own spin-off series. He got that with the comic book medium.

4087052.jpg
  • A spinoff about the same Moneypenny who decided to become a secretary because field work just wasn't for her? No thank you.

I think a Nomi spinoff is much more likely (but still not that likely because no spinoff is) because she seems to be a character more well suited to carrying her own film. MP might have more name recognition but that recognition comes from her role as a secretary. Stupid idea imo. You could do something like the Moneypenny Diaries but is there really a market for something like that in cinemas?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I would rather they not branch out to spinoffs, and just focus on Bond. Keep those gaps between films, 3... 4 years max.
  • Barbara Broccoli not keen on Barry Jenkins/Moneypenny film

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/naomie-harris-moneypenny-movie-66414072

Kinda gutted.........can we at least get Barry Jenkins for Bond 26?

a2a994aad44d9340_1024.jpg