NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I guess you could say PP made a PooPoo. =))
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Anyway... what do people think of this idea? Anyone think it'd be a good match?
    Denbigh wrote: »
    If the teaser is released at the end of the month or beginning of next, my guess for the full trailer would be February. They could even release it with The King's Man, a film which took the February 14th spot after Bond 25 was delayed :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    It's not bad @Denbigh , would certainly fit with a logical time to release the final trailer.

Speaking of trailers, is it possible the teaser trailer for NTTD will come tomorrow?
    Ties in the birthday of the late great Sir Roger Moore.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Also the day in 2005 the producers introduced Daniel Craig in the Bond role.

But I have no opinion on the trailer release. Just standing by.
    Geez reading the animosity and infighting on the previous pages, I almost feel like I am at a SPECTRE meeting waiting for Mr Hinx to bust through the door and poke a fellow members eyes out.

Anyway, I digress. I thought I read somewhere that Terminator might be a bit of a bust. Are we sure they would want to attach the trailer to it?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Murdock wrote: »
    I guess you could say PP made a PooPoo. =))

=))
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited October 2019 Posts: 7,969
    This promotional campaign so far has been rubbish! I mean, lets call a spade a spade, the Jamaica reveal was a comedy of errors and gaffes, the cast couldn't have looked less interested to be there (besides Naomi, bless her). The title was and run of the mill, uninspired and the poster looks like no effort went in at all. We can't judge the fonal product until we see it, but we can judge what we have and lets be honest, its not good. I know many are getting themselves hyped over what they see from location shots, but I try and remember how hyped we all got for the Rome chase in SP, how good it looked from the outside looking in. We all built an image of an epic chase up in our heads, based on the cars and locations unvolved, and then were let down when the actual scene was terrible. I'm not letting myself get carried away again, there could be some good sequences in here, but that remains to be seen umtil it is on screen. What we have offically released from EON is dreadfully lacking, and I think in the past we would all agree on this, but there is a weird attitude out there now that you can't be critical, and if you do then you shouldn't see the film or whatever. I say, that everything we have had from the conception of this starting has been bad news, including Craig taking four years off for tiredness and EON being "thrilled" to announce another delay. These are small, but they aren't positive things, they aren't what we should be hearing (if we are allowed to have any expectations at all anymore). The Jamaica cast interviews were awkward, Craig looked like he'd rather be anywhere else, and the title was dropped at the most random time, and the poster looks like a random papparatzi still of Craig as he is waiting to film. Again, its not negative to have standards for what Bond should be capable of. And right now they aren't even close to that level, which does give some fans pause for concern.

I don't have to sugar coat my opinion to call myself a Bond fan, I hold EON now to the stabdard set by films such as TSWLM and GF. Thats the pedigree we should expect from Bond. And I will be the first to congratulate EON if the teaser trailer puts all our fears to rest.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,686
    What we have offically released from EON is dreadfully lacking, and I think in the past we would all agree on this, but there is a weird attitude out there now that you can't be critical, and if you do then you shouldn't see the film or whatever.

In other words: since you are critical of NTTD, everyone should agree with you because you are the voice of reason?

I'd suggest you should stop shoving your opinions down everyone's throat and quit demanding to other members to be as alarmed and disappointed in NTTD as you are.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited October 2019 Posts: 14,811
    This promotional campaign so far has been rubbish! I mean, lets call a spade a spade, the Jamaica reveal was a comedy of errors and gaffes, the cast couldn't have looked less interested to be there (besides Naomi, bless her). The title was and run of the mill, uninspired and the poster looks like no effort went in at all. We can't judge the fonal product until we see it, but we can judge what we have and lets be honest, its not good. I know many are getting themselves hyped over what they see from location shots, but I try and remember how hyped we all got for the Rome chase in SP, how good it looked from the outside looking in. We all built an image of an epic chase up in our heads, based on the cars and locations unvolved, and then were let down when the actual scene was terrible. I'm not letting myself get carried away again, there could be some good sequences in here, but that remains to be seen umtil it is on screen. What we have offically released from EON is dreadfully lacking, and I think in the past we would all agree on this, but there is a weird attitude out there now that you can't be critical, and if you do then you shouldn't see the film or whatever. I say, that everything we have had from the conception of this starting has been bad news, including Craig taking four years off for tiredness and EON being "thrilled" to announce another delay. These are small, but they aren't positive things, they aren't what we should be hearing (if we are allowed to have any expectations at all anymore). The Jamaica cast interviews were awkward, Craig looked like he'd rather be anywhere else, and the title was dropped at the most random time, and the poster looks like a random papparatzi still of Craig as he is waiting to film. Again, its not negative to have standards for what Bond should be capable of. And right now they aren't even close to that level, which does give some fans pause for concern.

I don't have to sugar coat my opinion to call myself a Bond fan, I hold EON now to the stabdard set by films such as TSWLM and GF. Thats the pedigree we should expect from Bond. And I will be the first to congratulate EON if the teaser trailer puts all our fears to rest.

ipxyto7nuvdp.png
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @Mendes4Lyfe Excellent comment. The Jamaica vlog was excellent but everything else about the NTTD marketing has been abysmal so far: the way they announced the second delay, the awkward presser, the disappointing global JB day, etc.Hopefully the teaser trailer will turn things around!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    First of all, reading a leaked script... Yeah, I guess that makes sense, considering PP's legendary impatience. Sniffing at what's under Christmas Tree because little Timmy can't wait until Christmas Eve and all that. Sad. I'd be embarrassed.
    With that comment you have not only insulted me but also many other veteran forum members who have read the script when it got leaked. I don't feel embarassed about reading the highly disappointing Spectre script back in 2014 at all, it saved me the price of a cinema ticket!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Minion wrote: »
    I don't think New Mutants is a fair example. That film was set to be released aeons ago.

So was Bond 25.

They had an all but finished film last year for New Mutants. NTTD is still very much in production. Not the same thing.
    @Mendes4Lyfe doesn't care about the facts. He just cares about causing controversy.

He craves a teaser. I wonder what for. A long time ago he stated that B25 was surely going to be a catastrophe.

I haven't changed my opinion.

Why do you post on NTTD related threads then? Wouldn't it be better to avoid them altogether?

Just remember that for all his doom and gloom, @Mendes4Lyfe was the only member to believe a 2017 release for B25 was possible.
    Whatever happens there will be a new Bond film in 2017.

Hence why I think his constant calls for the impending apocalypse about NTTD are a complete sham and he has simply been trolling for the past few years to get attention. ;-)

He's a not so subtle gaslighter for sure, it doesn't take much to read between the lines, his forum name might throw some of the scent, I've never quite worked out where it came from as he seems anything but a Mendes fan.

Our friend clearly hates Craig another member who has deserted us for a while was far more subtle and a gaslighter supreme but Mendes you can see his agenda quite clearly.

He wants an end to this era. If they'd announced 6 months ago DC was stepping down and Aidan Turner was taking over, they'd retooled the script to fit a new Bond and still got all the same crew, writers and title it would be a very different story, he'd literally have to clean his screen every five minutes.

Plain and simple he despises Daniel Craig and his snarky comments about him say it all. The Teaser could be the best teaser of the era with incredible cinematography and Bond written in capital letters to the rest of us but Turners fanboy would still find something to criticize.

I seem to remember him saying he was going to stay out of this thread as he had no interest in this era, I really don't like Brosnan's films GE aside but apart from the odd dig here and there I don't go into the appreciation threads slagging his tenure off.

Fair enough you've written this film off, @Torgeirtrap like @peter said it clearly not the biggest fan of this era but he is holding out to see what appears on the screen and offer constructive criticism of this moment in the series.

I hated and still hate SPECTRE my therapy for that is somewhat extreme although the fun I'm having with @peter on exorcizing my disgust of that film is going some way to making up for what I thought was the biggest misstep of the series.

EON are not entering down the typical path with promoting this film but despite some fanboys who clearly no better I'm sure they are perfectly aware of what is going on. Look Universal I think would be stepping in and taking control if they felt things were getting out of hand, they clearly are happy with how this is playing out so far.

What may seem to some as incompetence I think is clearly thought out, they don't want to go off half cocked.

Also, each announcement hasn't been teased much it's kind of just appeared, I'm thinking the teaser is just going to appear.

The last time they clearly let things get out hand but Barbara isn't some amateur taking a crack at this, no she doesn't do things the same way as her father and no it hasn't all been wine and roses but I have faith that they are steadying the ship and soon enough they will set out to sail.

Also @PanchitoPistoles my comment wasn't just about your recent post it was about some of the stuff you post in general, yes you do offer some valuable contributions that we all enjoy but going after the likes of @ggl007 and @marketto007 like you did was not very. Two clearly passionate fans that devote far more time and energy to the series than you and I and others and deliver generously updates to us all. Just because some recent ones about NTTD didn't pan out don't deserve to be called out like they were by the likes of you.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Geez reading the animosity and infighting on the previous pages, I almost feel like I am at a SPECTRE meeting waiting for Mr Hinx to bust through the door and poke a fellow members eyes out.

MI6 COMMUNITY-THE GATHERING-now there is a great idea for a horror movie.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Thought this might wet ya appetites for a little bit. Music composed by David Arnold.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Mendes4Lyfe Excellent comment. The Jamaica vlog was excellent but everything else about the NTTD marketing has been abysmal so far: the way they announced the second delay, the awkward presser, the disappointing global JB day, etc.Hopefully the teaser trailer will turn things around!

An excellent post? That? Come on. It's more of the same from the guy whose entire contribution to these discussions is complaining about and ranting on something not yet released, a guy who "knew", close to a year ago, that "Bond 25" will, of course, be a catastrophe. Since then, he's been looking for every single excuse to emphasise how so in a lot of trouble this production is, how badly the marketing sucks and whatnot.

Your disappointment comes from your self-fabricated "schedule" that EON persistently defies.

I wonder... Imagine if NTTD rocks. Imagine if it makes a ton of money, gets enormously positive responses from the critics and becomes a winner on this forum almost by general consensus. Will you acknowledge the quality of the film and the fact that, perhaps, this protracted secrecy from EON turns out to have been a smart move? I just wonder. Because the way I see it, and I could be mistaken, is that Mendes and yourself have it all figured out already and there's no way whatsoever this film can ever work for you. At the very least, you'll give a "too little, too late" or some such nonsense.
    First of all, reading a leaked script... Yeah, I guess that makes sense, considering PP's legendary impatience. Sniffing at what's under Christmas Tree because little Timmy can't wait until Christmas Eve and all that. Sad. I'd be embarrassed.
    With that comment you have not only insulted me but also many other veteran forum members who have read the script when it got leaked. I don't feel embarassed about reading the highly disappointing Spectre script back in 2014 at all, it saved me the price of a cinema ticket!

How have I insulted you and others?
    - You are being incredibly impatient. Half your comments deal with stuff not coming your way fast enough.
    - Reading a leaked script is a form of impatience. I'm not insulting anyone by making that statement, now am I?
    - And yes, if I were you, I'd be embarrassed. Is that an insult? And yes, it is sad that you can't wait. A first, unspoiled viewing of a film, the so-called "virgin viewing", is the only chance you'll ever have. Why taint that with having read the script already? A script is--what--20 % (at most) of a movie? You aren't seeing the images, enjoying the performances, hearing the music, and yet you will already know the story, who is saying what and when, and what the sequence of actions in any scene will be. You set yourself up for utter disappointment that way. The fact that you were "saved the price of a ticket" has, at this point, become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm not saying you can't do that; it's a free world after all. What I was saying, though, is that this practice removes credibility from your assessment of SP. Imagine if I told a cook, "I'm sorry but your food is bad. I didn't taste it when served but I read your recipe and waited for other people's leftovers, all cold and spoiled (i.e. your vague hint at seeing the film in less than optimal conditions), and my review is based on those two things. If I ever eat your food again, but this time as it is supposed to be eaten (say, a BR copy of SP on a decent screen), I will always remember my initial response to it and I'll fail to enjoy it no matter what." That cook would have the right to call my opinion bogus and not to be taken seriously. And it wouldn't be an insult.
  • manovermanover uk
    Whether we like it or not..forums like this can in some instances be breeding grounds for the angry and frustrated... and in someways its therapy for some people..but you will never get a movie as u want it ... these movies are made for mainstream audiences not for frustrated fanboys.
    Imagine if NTTD rocks. Imagine if it makes a ton of money, gets enormously positive responses from the critics and becomes a winner on this forum almost by general consensus. Will you acknowledge the quality of the film

I absolutely will acknowledge the quality of the film if it turns out to be great, but I will 100% attribute its success to Cary Fukunaga and maybe Phoebe Waller-Bridge. I know Fukunaga is a very capable director, the only question is: How much is he hindered by Barbara Broccoli?
    Imagine if NTTD rocks. Imagine if it makes a ton of money, gets enormously positive responses from the critics and becomes a winner on this forum almost by general consensus. Will you acknowledge the quality of the film

I absolutely will acknowledge the quality of the film if it turns out to be great, but I will 100% attribute its success to Cary Fukunaga and maybe Phoebe Waller-Bridge. I know Fukunaga is a very capable director, the only question is: How much is he hindered by Barbara Broccoli?

Barbara Broccoli massively supports her directors - it is common knowledge in the film business. Your take on her is so off target.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited October 2019 Posts: 7,969
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Barbara Broccoli massively supports her directors - it is common knowledge in the film business.

Except for Danny Boyle.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,665
    DCisared wrote: »
    Thought this might wet ya appetites for a little bit. Music composed by David Arnold.

Wonderfully done by Arnold. Missed those familiar cues. He knows his business and still can innovate. That theme is very, very nice.

BTW, so all I had to do was to stop fighting and leave for a bit to make all the usual suspect gaslighters appear and start their fires? Here they are talking nonsense about Barbara Broccoli. Still talking about Danny Boyle. Doomsaying the campaign and the film. All over again. Fear not, soon the mods will intervene, I'm sure :-D Wish @DarthDimi 's post would be stuck in the beginning of every thread page. Some lucidity for all.

BTW, @Denbigh is probably right about the dates the trailers will be released. And those are fine. Just fine. I just wish it'd come sooner because many people would then shut up. Or would they? Oh well, we shall see.

Will be nice to go to the cinema and watch The King's Man with Bond's trailer at the beginning. Very nice indeed.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241

Your hatred for that woman is ridiculous.

Barbara Broccoli massively supports her directors - it is common knowledge in the film business.

Except for Danny Boyle.

Get over it.

Except for Danny Boyle.

Get over it.

Yes, creative differences happen all the time in the film game (and that's what happened with Boyle), but, as u say, that does not mean BB does not support her directors, writers, crew, cast etc. I'm presently working with a producer who produced a very good film with her recently, and he says she is just amazing to work with. Plus, many years back, I have worked with her myself, and she was great, no arrogance and no ego, just a highly professional and warm hearted human being. She is hugely, and rightly so, respected within the business.

Except for Danny Boyle.

Get over it.

Yes, creative differences happen all the time in the film game (and that's what happened with Boyle), but, as u say, that does not mean BB does not support her directors, writers, crew, cast etc. I'm presently working with a producer who produced a very good film with her recently, and he says she is just amazing to work with. Plus, many years back, I have worked with her myself, and she was great, no arrogance and no ego, just a highly professional and warm hearted human being. She is hugely, and rightly so, respected within the business.

The Bond series is fortunate to have her (and Michael G. too). There are so many things that could've gone wrong through the years, yet the films continues to be box office hits, and are still celebrated by the audiences. Another studio and other producers could easily have messed up royally producing the films.

And the more I read about it, the more the impression I get that they dodged a bullet with Boyle.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    I'm presently working with a producer who produced a very good film with her recently, and he says she is just amazing to work with.
    Of course she says that! 99% of the people in the film industry are sycophants! Also, it's not a question of arrogance or ego. She could be the kindest person on the planet and incredibly incompetent at the same time.
  • Agent7777Agent7777 England
    DCisared wrote: »

Hearing David Arnold's music and seeing the DB5 in action has made my day :)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,834

@PanchitoPistoles Because then if the film is good you still have an excuse to crap all over Barbara Broccoli, even though film is a collaborative business and it was probably Barbara and some others who hired Fukunaga, and PWB, because it’s her job. So if you end up liking NTTD, it was partly Barbara that got us there, so stop your using your own opinion to decide what is true and what’s not :)

And even when people tell you someone else’s first hand experience of working with her, you shut them down because again it doesn’t fit with your idea of who she is. Someone liked Barbara? Impossible. So by your own definition we shouldn’t trust anything anyone says about any filmmakers. That probably makes people who like Nolan and Boyle sycophants too? Or not, because you like them?
    @Denbigh It was Craig's idea to hire Mendes years ago, it was Craig's idea to hire Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and I am pretty sure sooner or later we will learn it was Craig's idea to hire Cary Fukunaga too. Left to her own devices, Barabra would have hired that awful SJ Clarkson.
    Can the people who have a problem with the producers of these filmes, the current state of affairs (which is here to last), the specific production of NTTD and the redundant set of hypothesis that never were, please exit the room, so that the ones who are grateful for these producers, the current state of affairs (which is here to last), and want to enjoy the specific production of NTTD and don't give a damn about redundancies, rejoice and be happy while discussing subjects that actually correspond to the thread their in?

Thank you.

PS: See, I can be nice :-D
    @Denbigh It was Craig's idea to hire Mendes years ago, it was Craig's idea to hire Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and I am pretty sure sooner or later we will learn it was Craig's idea to hire Cary Fukunaga too. Left to her own devices, Barabra would have hired that awful SJ Clarkson.

Who you had reservations about because of her glasses…

Who you had reservations about because of her glasses…
    Her glasses were not the reason I had reservations about her, those were just another sign she would be an abysmal Bond director. Just based on these two pics it's incredibly easy to tell which of them are more capable of delivering a good Bond film:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjE4MzcwMjEzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzEzNTkzNTM@._V1_.jpg

vs.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/4de632cc38a00bf3f2f144d75a3d885b/tumblr_pfsz4iA2q41tv3cgqo1_1280.jpg
    This is getting fairly ridiculous, wouldn't you say?