NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

ggl007 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Know anything, @ggl007? Any info in the wind or in the backchannels of Bond-fan-community intelligence? :)
    Friday, but this is not official.

Poster and teaser in less than 48 hours: that seems to be sure now... unless something happened. :D Yes, sorry, I know that's vague but who would put his hand on fire with show bussiness? 8-} I guess wait and see is the best option...

@ggl007 was wrong again. What a surprise! It's time to find new sources, buddy!

Again, for the nth time, @ggl007 was not wrong. His source was. He just shared what he'd heard and I thank him for it, as you should. Also, people change their minds often. I know you don't, but hey, it's a thing, whether we like it or not.
    Know anything, @ggl007? Any info in the wind or in the backchannels of Bond-fan-community intelligence? :)

Poster and teaser in less than 48 hours: that seems to be sure now... unless something happened. :D Yes, sorry, I know that's vague but who would put his hand on fire with show bussiness? 8-} I guess wait and see is the best option...

Again, for the nth time, @ggl007 was not wrong. His source was. He just shared what he'd heard and I thank him for it, as you should. Also, people change their minds often. I know you don't, but hey, it's a thing, whether we like it or not.
    ggl007 was wrong to trust his sources for the umpteenth time, after they had been proven to be wrong on numerous occasions. At this point his sources are less trustworthy than The Sun!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited October 2019 Posts: 8,009

Try to not be a massive douchebag all your life, kid.
  • Univex wrote: »

Hate to do it, but got to agree with @PanchitoPistoles here. He's only saying what a lot of us are thinking.

I've been saying it for the last week that the trailer is coming next week (commencing 7th October 2019). But I was told I was an idiot because Grace Randolph had confirmed it, blah blah blah.

We will get at least a day's notice. If we get something today from Eon teasing the trailer, then it'll come tomorrow. I think this video was teasing something, but it stopped shy of revealing a date for the trailer.....

edited October 2019 Posts: 8,009

Hate to do it, but got to agree with @PanchitoPistoles here. He's only saying what a lot of us are thinking.

He really isn't. A smart guy such as yourself should know to speak only for themselves.

I've been saying it for the last week that the trailer is coming next week (commencing 7th October 2019). But I was told I was an idiot because Grace Randolph had confirmed it, blah blah blah.

We will get at least a day's notice. If we get something today from Eon teasing the trailer, then it'll come tomorrow. I think this video was teasing something, but it stopped shy of revealing a date for the trailer.....

People mentioned that it might be counting up to 100 through 4 different videos. Does anyone else think that could be a direction they go?
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,665
    @Pierce2Daniel, I don't think anyone here thinks you're an idiot. And people value your posts a lot. It's just that you have the tendency to over emphasise and hyperbolise and accentuate your ideas through repetition, and that sets people off, myself included. I, on the other hand, have the tendency to explode. You set fires, I explode easily, @PanchitoPistoles is a downright arsonist, some people here are completionists, some are a bit compulsive. But at end of day, we all appreciate each other, or else we wouldn't come back to this over and over.

Guys, take it from the flammable guy, don't wage war against your own. All of us have been wrong and right at some point. Let's all be...firemen...nah, that doesn't sound right. Oh well, build your own metaphors, why don't ya! ;)
    This is a bit off track, but I stumbled across an add for our cinemas down here in the penal colony of Australia. A couple of years old but super moving and has a great Bond finish. Hope you enjoy.

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited October 2019 Posts: 524
    I can understand both sides of the argument, albeit not as harshly worded as some are putting it. I absolutely appreciate every bit of info @ggl007 has been giving us. Thank you for relaying what you've heard.

At the same time, it appears that what has been heard and then relayed back to us, isn't always correct. I'm sure @ggl007 knows that the info he's been given, may or may not be correct, and that's how we should take it: a rumour based on sources who aren't always right. It's not definitive. It's hearsay and rumours. The only 'problem' is that these words are sometimes presented as facts, and very often are interpreted as being set in stone.

And that's wrong. It's not more than "I've heard that...". If you want to accept dates and times as being set in stone and 100% true, then you should be focusing on the official 007 channels only. Of course, it's more fun to speculate, but I think it's important to keep in mind that at the end of the day, it's just all speculation.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,449

ggl007 was wrong to trust his sources for the umpteenth time, after they had been proven to be wrong on numerous occasions. At this point his sources are less trustworthy than The Sun!

Play nice, guys. All of this idiotic back-and-forth comes from the lot of you being more impatient than a child at Christmas Eve.

-It's coming next week.
    -No, it isn't, because my sources have said so.
    -Your sources are wrong.
    -No, they aren't and you're being difficult.
    -Look who's talking.

Meanwhile, the rest of us, grown-ups, understand that nothing we can do will speed up the release of a trailer. It'll come when it comes. We can still have fun on this forum without stooping to the level of five-year-olds boasting of how awesome their dads are while yours aren't.

All this negativity, this constant negativity and nothing but it, is quite frankly getting on our nerves. What makes sense is the countless members flagging your posts; what doesn't is you flagging each other's posts. We are fed up with this! You are seriously outstaying your welcome! What are you even doing here? Why do you come here? You are never happy; you can't be, it's not in your DNA to be. If you don't get anything, you complain. When you do get it, you still complain that the rest isn't coming soon enough. Meanwhile, you complain about the other one complaining about your complaints. You preach and you roar; you pretend to have all the answers, to be the only ones to understand the production of a Bond film. Serious members are avoiding these threads because of this sad infestation of vile comments and preposterous arguments. And what are they about? About nothing, about something thinner than air. All these months of negative predictions, of empty speculation, of clinging to what will never be, like parasites; many months of repeating yourselves like broken records... In February, all of that will be rendered obsolete. And then what? Then we can conclude that good-mannered members with reasonable arguments never felt welcome to these conversations because of a few forum hooligans bullying their way through these months of having to wait. And you just can't wait, can you?

Let it be clear that you are NOT the voice of reason, that others see you as unwelcome insects. When you're asleep, we're having fun. When you post--or flag--half the time we are laughing our butts off, the other half of the time we're just picking up the conversations in private chat rooms because the brainless jocks have suddenly taken over in the public space. This has to stop or bans WILL come your way. I mean, just look at the posts on this very page! No-one cares about any of that. It's all just a bunch of insecure blokes measuring the male equipment. Some have called us, mods, out as being anti free speech. But if we really were that, we'd be systematically deleting one post after the other for reasons of "bullying", "ego-tripping" and "adding zero to the topic". Most of you would see their post count reduced by 80%.

You know, for once, we're going to wholeheartedly agree with this, with the

"massive douchebag"
    "all your life"
    and "kid".

We've had enough of the lot of you hijacking this forum because you can't engage in normal, adult debate. You are incapable of it. And we're almost never happy with your comments because they can never get to the essence of the topic without insults, without implying that others are fools because of what they like, and without spouting negativity.

So mind your conduct, or stay the hell away from this place! If you can't state your opinion without throwing rotten eggs at others, we will see to it that you are no longer active on this forum when NTTD hits theatres. We will make sure that others feel free and at ease to say what they want to say very soon.

There are no names attached to this, but I'm sure those who this is for, will know.

One last time, thank you for changing your attitude. And yes, it is the very last time!

• peterpeter Toronto
    edited October 2019 Posts: 8,254
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Play nice, guys. All of this idiotic back-and-forth comes from the lot of you being more impatient than a child at Christmas Eve.

-It's coming next week.
    -Your sources are wrong.
    -Look who's talking.

Meanwhile, the rest of us, grown-ups, understand that nothing we can do will speed up the release of a trailer. It'll come when it comes. We can still have fun on this forum without stooping to the level of five-year-olds boasting of how awesome their dads are while yours aren't.

All this negativity, this constant negativity and nothing but it, is quite frankly getting on our nerves. What makes sense is the countless members flagging your posts; what doesn't is you flagging each other's posts. We are fed up with this! You are seriously outstaying your welcome! What are you even doing here? Why do you come here? You are never happy; you can't be, it's not in your DNA to be. If you don't get anything, you complain. When you do get it, you still complain that the rest isn't coming soon enough. Meanwhile, you complain about the other one complaining about your complaints. You preach and you roar; you pretend to have all the answers, to be the only ones to understand the production of a Bond film. Serious members are avoiding these threads because of this sad infestation of vile comments and preposterous arguments. And what are they about? About nothing, about something thinner than air. All these months of negative predictions, of empty speculation, of clinging to what will never be, like parasites; many months of repeating yourselves like broken records... In February, all of that will be rendered obsolete. And then what? Then we can conclude that good-mannered members with reasonable arguments never felt welcome to these conversations because of a few forum hooligans bullying their way through these months of having to wait. And you just can't wait, can you?

Let it be clear that you are NOT the voice of reason, that others see you as unwelcome insects. When you're asleep, we're having fun. When you post--or flag--half the time we are laughing our butts off, the other half of the time we're just picking up the conversations in private chat rooms because the brainless jocks have suddenly taken over in the public space. This has to stop or bans WILL come your way. I mean, just look at the posts on this very page! No-one cares about any of that. It's all just a bunch of insecure blokes measuring the male equipment. Some have called us, mods, out as being anti free speech. But if we really were that, we'd be systematically deleting one post after the other for reasons of "bullying", "ego-tripping" and "adding zero to the topic". Most of you would see their post count reduced by 80%.

"massive douchebag"
    "all your life"
    and "kid".

We've had enough of the lot of you hijacking this forum because you can't engage in normal, adult debate. You are incapable of it. And we're almost never happy with your comments because they can never get to the essence of the topic without insults, without implying that others are fools because of what they like, and without spouting negativity.

So mind your conduct, or stay the hell away from this place! If you can't state your opinion without throwing rotten eggs at others, we will see to it that you are no longer active on this forum when NTTD hits theatres. We will make sure that others feel free and at ease to say what they want to say very soon.

There are no names attached to this, but I'm sure those who this is for, will know.

One last time, thank you for changing your attitude. And yes, it is the very last time!

Incredible post

Edit: always admired @DarthDimi ... now more so. Thanks for this,

P
    peter wrote: »

-It's coming next week.
    -Your sources are wrong.
    -Look who's talking.

"massive douchebag"
    "all your life"
    and "kid".

Incredible post-- thanks for this,

P

+1, thank you @DarthDimi

:)
    peter wrote: »

-It's coming next week.
    -Your sources are wrong.
    -Look who's talking.

"massive douchebag"
    "all your life"
    and "kid".

Incredible post-- thanks for this,

P

+1, thank you @DarthDimi

:)

+1, @DarthDimi, you've manage to say what I've wanted to say for almost a year now. Fortunately I've already understood that it wasn't my place to do so. Thank god for Mods. I wouldn't have the stamina, nor the coolness, as I've so well established.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @DarthDimi I've NEVER personally insulted anyone here the way CraigMooreOHMSS has insulted me on numerous occasions, and I have definitely never called anyone a douchebag here like he just called me. Yet you take his side. Why?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Wow, I go away for one day. This is getting ridiculous. Too much I’m right, you’re wrong. Unless one of us works on the film no-one knows what happening so again let’s stop presenting our opinions/suggestions as facts.

Anyway still super excited for the film. Bring on April 2nd. So glad I live in London :)
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Anyway still super excited for the film. Bring on April 2nd. So glad I live in London :)

You lucky...
    My favourite place in the world.

And I've grown even more excited for the film with the poster that I don't find to be brilliant. Something must be wrong with me ;) Or they've done a good job. It's the colours, and the boldness of the title. I just love those two things. Well, maybe it's so bad it's brilliant. I don't know. But it seems to be working :)

Or...I just can't disagree with you, @Denbigh ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

You lucky...
    My favourite place in the world.

And I've grown even more excited for the film with the poster that I don't find to be brilliant. Something must be wrong with me ;) Or they've done a good job. It's the colours, and the boldness of the title. I just love those two things. Well, maybe it's so bad it's brilliant. I don't know. But it seems to be working :)

Or...I just can't disagree with you, @Denbigh ;)
    I have that effect sometimes haha :D

And to be honest I think it’s probably just your initial hatred wearing off. It’s now part of the franchise so people kind of have no choice but to let it do it’s thing :)
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    . @ggl007 did nothing wrong and, honestly, he came rather close. There was no trailer on Friday, but we had the poster on JBD on Saturday. Besides, nowadays films tend to release poster and trailer almost at the same time so I myself tought we could have had a poster and trailer on JBD. Or a poster on Friday announcing the trailer for Saturday. At the same time @marketto007 got the word from Universal Brasil that the regional title would be released along with the trailer and poster. We got the Brazilian title and poster on Saturday. Maybe they changed their minds and/or are aiming to release the trailer during weekdays.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Wow, I go away for one day. This is getting ridiculous. Too much I’m right, you’re wrong. Unless one of us works on the film no-one knows what happening so again let’s stop presenting our opinions/suggestions as facts.

I know, right! So excited!

So far, I've seen all of Craig's films early:
    1. CR: Gala screening in Huntington
    2. QOS: Gala screening in Letchworth
    3. SF: The Royal Premiere!
    4. SP: The first ever press screening!
    I never planned to see each early, it just happened. Often with quite late notice. So who knows when I'll get to see NTTD. But something tells me it'll be before the 2nd April.....

You can even see a younger geeky version of myself in this video on the far right loosing it as I just saw Judi Dench

There's nothing quite like the release of a new Bond film! Let's not get so angry and just enjoy the process. Since Danny Boyle left the film, the mood here never really recovered. I hope we can all the channel the excitement that @Denbigh is harbouring.
    Don’t know what you’re talking about. My mood improved significantly after Boyle left.
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Don’t know what you’re talking about. My mood improved significantly after Boyle left.

Same. Once the initial shock subsided, it sounded like a bullet dodged.

The trailer will hopefully be proof enough of the above statement. Very much looking forward to it.
  • I hope we find out more about Boyle's film and why they didn't like it eventually. It seemed like more or less a whole different movie to the one we're getting.

I think dodged bullet is a little harsh considering how little we know about it and how talented he is. It might not have been what DC/EON wanted for his sendoff and that's fair enough, but I'm sure it would have been good in its own right. I don't think the man is capable of actually making a bad film.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    There is definitely a story to tell there. We'll get an updated version of Some Kind of Hero or something as equally well researched in the future and we'll learn more I'm sure.
    In fact that book is a terrific read. Full of stories of what might have been. If anyone hasn't read it get a copy now, great book. (PS I'm not AJ Chowdhury!)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,343

Yep mine too.
  • ConnorConnor UK
    I don't care when the trailer comes, as long as it significantly features Ana de Armas. :P
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Connor wrote: »
    I don't care when the trailer comes, as long as it significantly features Ana de Armas. :P
    I'm not sure how much we'll see cause she still has more stuff to film.
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    Connor wrote: »
    I'm not sure how much we'll see cause she still has more stuff to film.

I think you'll get a shot or two. But make no mistake, it will focus on DANIEL CRAIG ( mean, just look at that poster) and this guy....

tumblr_pg0zygWFtf1xhv8kjo3_540.gif
  • Ottofuse8 wrote: »

Likewise. I like Danny Boyle as a director but was never convinced he was a fit for Bond. My excitement increased tenfold with the Fukunaga announcement, and frankly am surprised he wasn’t the primary choice over Boyle. Just goes to show things have a way of shaking out the way they’re supposed to.

Likewise. I like Danny Boyle as a director but was never convinced he was a fit for Bond. My excitement increased tenfold with the Fukunaga announcement, and frankly am surprised he wasn’t the primary choice over Boyle. Just goes to show things have a way of shaking out the way they’re supposed to.

Exactly. I feel the same. Boyle just wasn't right for Bond. Fukunaga, well, I believe he is, we shall see.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK