Official NTTD Poster Thread

Comments

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241
    My new poster for #NoTimeToDie

Not made by Empire Design, then?

Re. Empire Design: Here's their portfolio page for NTTD.
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    I don't mind the poster it isn't great but it isn't bad either. However, it seems rather claustrophobic to me like it could have been zoomed out just a bit more.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Also keep in mind it’s a teaser poster :)
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Awful low effort poster!
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Also keep in mind it’s a teaser poster :)

Absolutely, it certainly fills the requirements for being a teaser. Personally I think it needs a bit of contrast to make it stand out a bit more. A touch of added pop to the blue colour (which IMO makes the poster alongside the title logo), as well as a bit of added contrast to Craig's face. The tones in his face are a bit grey for my liking.
    I LOVE IT!
    Craig looks good, put the poster is somewhat underwhelming.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Larger version on their story.

0RLAxxn.jpg
    Looks better with some free space above Craig's head; I think that's needed.

Edit: the larger version must be the full version.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Love the background.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Wonder why IMAX is missing. @antovolk Any ideas?
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    The larger version looks significantly better, it doesn't feel so closed in like the other one.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    How boring
    I like the worn and torn blue wall behind Bond. Gives a sense that he is returning to the savage world of espionage he retired from, yet his tux states how comfortable he is in such an environment.

I only wish they included his Walther somewhere in there.
    Not good , hardly a teaser poster is it ?
    To me, it gives this film a gritty, indie vibe to the film. More like a piece of art with a lot of class and style. What I imagine someone like Cary would produce based on the little I know of him. Better than the generic rubbish that appears in a few Marvel film posters.
    Shoot me if you will, but I can't help but see Mickey Rourke in that photo. And I do think Craig is looking sharp from the filming pics we've seen. But here, in that angle,...meh. They could've done so much better. Even Gregg Williams could've done so much better. I bet he has tons of other photos from that sequence that look marvellous. But, at the end of the day, it was their choice, and we must roll with it. Right?
    jake24 wrote: »
    Wonder why IMAX is missing. @antovolk Any ideas?
    Probably as it's the generic international poster. Let's see how the US MGM/UA version looks like.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It just looks rushed. The photo of Craig isn't particularly flattering, and there's no real Bondian essence to the whole thing, IMO. They should've contacted Empire Design like usual - they likely would've made a more stylish effort which is preferred for a Bond film poster.

That said, the larger version is slightly superior (I can't place why). I don't think that is the version we'll see often as the one posted on 007.com is the Instagram-cropped version.
    13 bloody years ago this was the teaser poster.

MV5BMTM5MjI4NDExNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM1MjMzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Now this is it.

0RLAxxn.jpg
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F01%2Fquantumofsilence_l.jpg&w=400&c=sc&poi=face&q=85

The only thing I think it is lacking is that more subtle symbolism like with the QoS teaser I enjoyed.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    True. I guess what we miss is the hand drawn ones from ages ago...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited October 2019 Posts: 7,889
    Univex wrote: »
    Shoot me if you will, but I can't help but see Mickey Rourke in that photo. And I do think Craig is looking sharp from the filming pics we've seen. But here, in that angle,...meh. They could've done so much better. Even Gregg Williams could've done so much better. I bet he has tons of other photos from that sequence that look marvellous. But, at the end of the day, it was their choice, and we must roll with it. Right?

I couldn't agree more; this is very underwhelming. Yes, the setting is intriguing, but Craig looks more befuddled than cool. That is not a flattering photo of him.

This is the quality of photo that I want to see

OVojxXw.jpg
    Hey, I loved the SP posters and didn't like the film, so I'm loving that I find this poster truly underwhelming :)
    w2bond wrote: »
    True. I guess what we miss is the hand drawn ones from ages ago...

Absolutely. Those are true works of art.

I wouldn't mind something that hints towards some of the Fleming novel art.

18xp2mq48zzs1jpg.jpg
    The US one-sheet version:
    sSceweg.jpg
    antovolk wrote: »
    The US one-sheet version:
    sSceweg.jpg

A simple photo of a desk in Jamaica with a speargun lying on top of some papers, old Aston Martin keys, or something, and the title would've been a better teaser poster, that's for sure.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,277
    Agreed 200%.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Univex wrote: »
    A simple photo of a desk in Jamaica with a speargun lying on top of some papers, old Aston Martin keys, or something, and the title would've been a better teaser poster, that's for sure.

Yes!