What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

matt_u wrote: »
    I’d prefer a female voice just for balancing the previous Craig songs, but as long as is not Sheeran I’m waiting positively.

I thought we had a female voice last time around...

;)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Univex wrote: »
    I’d prefer a female voice just for balancing the previous Craig songs, but as long as is not Sheeran I’m waiting positively.

;)

It might as well have been, before anyone accuses me of not liking a falsetto if it had been Marc Almond or David Mcalmont I would have no problem but Sam Smith isn't fit to lick their boots.
    Shardlake wrote: »

;)

It might as well have been, before anyone accuses me of not liking a falsetto if it had been Marc Almond or David Mcalmont I would have no problem but Sam Smith isn't fit to lick their boots.
    Hear, hear.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2019 Posts: 14,861

Yeah that's true. As much as I'd be disappointed if it were Sting, if it were Sheeran I'd be way more disappointed (although I could possibly understand the decision more as he is, at least, very popular and of the moment!).

To go from the director trying to get Radiohead onboard to Sting in one film is a bit of a shocker...
    antovolk wrote: »
    Not sure where this photo is from originally but....

The plot thickens people?!!!! B-)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

;)

Eek. That's a slightly worrying comment. Have you been keeping up on the Sam Smith news?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Here's the full tweet, it was for a concert.

Too bad it’s not confirmation for NTTD. Still hoping though!
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I am a massive fan of The Police so the idea of Sting involved in any capacity excites me. Here is hoping it's true.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Ryan wrote: »
    I am a massive fan of The Police so the idea of Sting involved in any capacity excites me. Here is hoping it's true.

I used to listen to Sting and The Police a lot too. He might not be an obvious choice, but i would welcome him, even in a songwriting capacity, similar to U2 and GE.
    Him and Fukunaga being close, makes this scenario seem more likely.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The thing is are we dismissing this idea because its Sting?

As he's established and of the old crowd and not likely to appeal to the youngsters?

So maybe that is why Savoretti has been bought in to duet. Sting has written the song but he doesn't have the appeal for today's crowd alone.

From what I understand it Savoretti is quite big and although not brand new he will appeal to a younger crowd.

I presume Jack White bought Keyes on board as she would make the song appeal to a wider crowd than just White's fans. Possibly EON's insistence

This could be a real smart move, you please the old school fans with a real music legend and you snare the masses with a younger pretender.

When I first heard this I was, what hey where did that come from but now I'm actually warming to this, lets make it happen.

If we can't get the Arctic Monkeys and we avoid Sheeran and Dua Lipa scenario then why not, Sting and Jack Savoretti it is.

This could have the real potential to be a great song and also a hit.

I’m in, even though I am completely unfamiliar with Savoretti and find vis voice pleasant but somewhat generic.
    Sting on the other hand has a voice that is distinct and instantly recognizable.
    It's worth noting that Sting isn't unfamiliar with doing collaborations. Only last year he did an album with Shaggy (44/876), which won a Best Reggae Album at the Grammys.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sting has shown before that he can master a variety of styles. Never heard of this Servietti guy.
    Sting has shown before that he can master a variety of styles. Never heard of this Servietti guy.
    Me neither but i went through a lot of his back catalogue the last two days and the guy is an amazing songwriter and lyricist.... probably explains why he's not famous.
    If he gets the gig, the song is in good hands.
    Come to think of it, I think someone posted a video with Jack Savoretti here earlier. I guess it didn t stand out.
    Come to think of it, I think someone posted a video with Jack Savoretti here earlier. I guess it didn t stand out.

you are probably talking about his last single. Yeah i din't like that at all, too mainstream.
    But he had 5 records of quality stuff before that.

This one is so much better:
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    As I said, pleasant but generic.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

;)
    You beat me to it. :))
    00Agent wrote: »
    Me neither but i went through a lot of his back catalogue the last two days and the guy is an amazing songwriter and lyricist.... probably explains why he's not famous.

Funny how these things works. The lesser the songwriter and lyricist and the more mainstream an artist is, then he/she is more likely to be famous. The state of the things aired on radio and TV these days…

Funny how these things works. The lesser the songwriter and lyricist and the more mainstream an artist is, then he/she is more likely to be famous. The state of the things aired on radio and TV these days…

That's a complex topic all on it's own. Couldn't do it justice in a single post.
    But mainstream isn't really about music. It's about personalities. People that can fill the gossip and tabloid pages. mixed with simplistic and generic pop songs, that are "save" investments.

On the other hand, if you do actual music, and experiment, there is no guarantee you will chart.

Same thing happened to films. Everything is done by committee now. It's all about investment and return. I hate to say it but the accountants seem to be running the music and movie business these days.

It has been that way for as long as I remember.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    The thing is are we dismissing this idea because its Sting?

As he's established and of the old crowd and not likely to appeal to the youngsters?

So maybe that is why Savoretti has been bought in to duet. Sting has written the song but he doesn't have the appeal for today's crowd alone.

From what I understand it Savoretti is quite big and although not brand new he will appeal to a younger crowd.

I presume Jack White bought Keyes on board as she would make the song appeal to a wider crowd than just White's fans. Possibly EON's insistence

This could be a real smart move, you please the old school fans with a real music legend and you snare the masses with a younger pretender.

When I first heard this I was, what hey where did that come from but now I'm actually warming to this, lets make it happen.

If we can't get the Arctic Monkeys and we avoid Sheeran and Dua Lipa scenario then why not, Sting and Jack Savoretti it is.

This could have the real potential to be a great song and also a hit.

Sting is the crowd-puller here. He will appeal to the 40+ crowd, but to be honest, I had never heard of the other guy. I might be disconnected from the young crowd, but his songs are no material for the teen market. Both are excellent musicians and I think that's the only thing that counts if this speculation is true. Thumbs up to Babs if she goes with these two guys.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Ryan wrote: »

+1

sqIZK9f.gif
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm still holding out hope for Jorja Smith. She has a classic Bondian voice, while also having British and Jamaican heritage which perfectly suits the film.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Only recently became aware of her existence, but I'd like to throw Anna Calvi out there as a potential future Bond song artist.

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    If Savoretti and Sting are doing a Bond song for NTTD, then I hope it will be something like this:

• Who is Jack Savoretti? Forgive my ignorance.
  • Only recently became aware of her existence, but I'd like to throw Anna Calvi out there as a potential future Bond song artist.

Would go with that.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Eliot Sumner.
This discussion has been closed.