The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Well, yes maybe not tiny, but she does only appear in a few scenes. LOL! Call it a wild guess.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Minnie Driver? Aka the strangled cat
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Madonna?
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Not any of the above, but appreciate the guesses
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »
    OK which Bond film actor with a tiny role (but as a named and speaking character) went on to receive an MBE for services to the music industry?

Seems like nobody knows.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Is is the guy who played Joshua?
    WTF is Joshua...?
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Well done @Birdleson it is indeed Brinsley Forde MBE, who played young Joshua at Mrs Whistler's house in DAF.
    Got one ! Am I allowed ?
    All right, this one is ging to be very hard (although the one before was a doozy : I didn't know that the kid from the Doubledeckers played in DAF) :

In addition to their damehoods, what links Diana Rigg, Judy Dench and Shirley Bassey ?

One clue (to start with) : it also links them to a well-known american folk singer, and to The Muppet Show.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Are they all muppets?
    No, that's not it. Here's another clue : on in a movie, one in the theater, one on stage.
    I'm bumping it with another clue :

Not something for coulrophobic people.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    It seems that they all sang “send in the clowns“.
    Not quite (I don't know if Dame Diana did, in fact), but you're very close.
    Diana Rigg played in a musical with this song.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Diana Rigg played in a musical with this song.

Yes, and so did Judi. She even sang the song since she played the role in question - while Elizabeth Taylor did that in the movie version that Diana was in. But Shirley just sang that song (like scores of others - I first heard it from Barbra Streisand and/or Judy Collins in the mid-70s) but did not play in the musical, AFAIK.
    Well, you're very, very close. Now, all that's left is to give me the title of the musical, and we'll have a winner.
    OK, the title is A Little Night Music...but the three ladies still don't all do the same thing! Diana didn't sing Clowns, and Shirley wasn't in the musical.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 5,772
    No, they don't, you're right. But the musical links them. Here's Diana Rigg :

Here's Judi Dench :

And here's Shirley Bassey :

Oh, and about that well-knonw american folk singer and the Muppet Show :

So the point goes to you, J_W_Pepper.
    Thank you, I'll have to think something up and revert asap (not necessarily right away).
    OK, here we go:

Baddie Parade

Benz
    Ernst Stavro Blofeld (the "delicatessen" incarnation)
    Hans
    Max Kalba
    Ari Kristatos
    Krilencu
    Mr. Ling
    General Orlov
    Morton Slumber

This list of villains, henchmen and shady characters is nowhere near complete, but one of them doesn’t fit in a certain regard. Which one is it?

Hint: A similar list could be compiled with quite a number of Bond allies as well, with two of them being top candidates for that.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Does it have to do with who bring them to their ultimate demise? Quite a few were killed by either an ally of Bond's or another villain?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Morton Slumber, all the others die. Slumber survives DAF.
    It's always interesting to discover there's another "odd one out" than one had intended, but no, my question is not about who killed them or if they survived the movie.
    I take the liberty of bumping this a little...
    A little hint? Has it something to do with the actors?
    The thought had occurred to me...
    My google research about the actors didn't lead me to enough similarities… I'm out.
    Quitter :-)
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,378
    My hobby is resurrection...but not today.