You guys

in News Posts: 613
You guys are the bond fans I guess but it seems like most of you have more bad things too say . If your not 50 and hate brosnan and gargle ohmss then your not a fan what gives

Comments

• edited September 2019 Posts: 19,339
    I’m 49....,50 in January,like Brosnan and love OHMSS ...that’s that x thread closed.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    I’m not 50
    I LOVE Brosnan - all of the films, even Die Another Day, it’s one of my favourites!
    I love a bit of Sir Hilary Bray!
    Guess we come in all flavours! 🍭
    It is just hard to read you guys sometimes you nitpick and hate on anything that isn't from your childhood and you can't be pleased with modern bond when it is clearly better
    Some of you don't deserve NTTD your mind is already made up
    It is just hard to read you guys sometimes you nitpick and hate on anything that isn't from your childhood and you can't be pleased with modern bond when it is clearly better

That's debatable.

(I'm in my 20's, by the way)
    I' m 54, dislike the Brossa era a lot, but adore the Craig films (with a nagging about SF) and cant wait to see NTTD, as i havd the same feeling i had for CR...think its going to be brilliant!

Not me... every Bond film is an event to me when I watch them ,even just on DVD .
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,449
    @Problem_Eliminator
    Who anyone likes or dislikes is a matter of taste and cannot be objectively approached. If you fail to cope with that fact, an Internet forum may not be the place for you.
    Your research is furthermore incomplete. No two Bond fans here are alike. Regardless of their age, some fans prefer one set of Bonds but not another; some love all the Bonds; some work from nostalgia, others quite the opposite; some of our elder members are more into Craig than some of our younger members. So I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove.

you can't be pleased with modern bond when it is clearly better

Again, are you sure an Internet forum is the place for you? Whatever you think about Craig's tenure as Bond, isn't necessarily how others feel about him. Some will share your passion, others won't, and once again, age is truthfully not a factor. That's not how these things work. You're being incredibly short-sighted here.
    Some of you don't deserve NTTD your mind is already made up

Unfortunately, some people have their minds already made up, yes, but why should that be your problem? When the film comes, you will see it, I will see it, probably more than once. And we'll either like the film or we won't. But so what if some here pretend to be disinterested in the film? So what if they keep saying how they're so not going to see the film. Why should that get you upset? If you're expecting everyone here to follow your line of thinking, to agree with your preferences and dislikes, you're incredibly naive, I'm sorry to say.

Lastly, what's the point of this thread? "You guys"? Seriously? You are now making the very same mistake you're blaming others for. You're throwing us all in one big bag, you pretend to know which Bond we like and which Bond we dislike (if any at all), and also why, and then you lash out in anger saying we don't deserve NTTD. This isn't "you" against "us". There is no "us". Hundreds of members, no two of them alike. Quite frankly, you're lucky that the only people who have responded so far, have done so in style. I can think of a member or two who'd be giving you a very hard time in this thread.

And so this thread will be closed. Right now. And I hope you're able to see why your conduct is unacceptable. If more of this will happen, I advise you to avoid the Internet or even discussions with friends and family. If differing opinions are too great an obstacle for you, something you're unable to handle, then you are in for a lifetime of making yourself very unpopular, friend.
This discussion has been closed.