No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Zekidk wrote: »
    wetnelly wrote: »
    You may be surprised to see what other countries feature; remember hardly any of the production crew ever went to China for SF
    I know. Though I understood it, I was very dissapointed that they faked China. I actually like to see Bond on location. It will be interesting for me to see how they fake Cuba using the Pinewood set.
    Locations are often 'faked' in films - for a variety of reasons, usually just logistics.
    Really? I didn't know that.
    Does it bother you that Morocco often doubles for Afghanistan and Andalucia in Spain often is used in films for scenes set in the Middle East?
    For me it's about balance. I don't mind Pinewood and an English forest doubling for Switzerland in GF for example, because they shot plenty of footage on location in Switzerland too. I don't mind a desert in a North African country doubling for a desert somewhere in Asia and I don't mind that a snowy landscape in southern France doubles for a country most people haven even heard of.

But when I know beforehand that "Bond goes to Miami" or "Bond goes to China", the balance is off when everything is shot somewhere else.

Would it be fine with you, if you learned that Bond 26 takes place partly in New York, and every scene from there was shot somewhere else?

It would be fine, but for such a city I'm sure at least establishing shots would be used as it obviously has a distinct lanscape. Another example is St Petersburg in GE. A lot of that was created in the studio, can you tell where the location filming is and where the studio location is in the film? Can you tell that St Petersburg airport is in fact the Queen's Stand at Epsom race course?

I think Die Another Day is probably the low point, where the main cast appeared in none of the foreign locations the film was set in!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    @matt_u Correct full translation please!

https://www.cosenzachannel.it/2019/09/26/007-lascia-la-calabria-il-maltempo-non-molla/

Article today states, if I understand it correctly, that bad weather have forced production to abandoned Arcomagno - the cave/beach scene. But it also contains a previously for us unknown action scene to be filmed:
    a motorboat chase

My god, they were just talking on the radio about how Daniel Craig will most likely be replaced by a female for the role of 007 for the future films. It never ends...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Bounine wrote: »
    My god, they were just talking on the radio about how Daniel Craig will most likely be replaced by a female for the role of 007 for the future films. It never ends...

Listen to a better radio station!
    Yeah, never ending garbage celebrity gossip. It's just that the DJ's are funny and witty. :)
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 940
    What really puzzles me is why Bond tries to secuce Lynch and probably also Paloma, when he is clearly very much in love with Swann, and she is still alive after Matera?

Pure speculation but after the Matera chase maybe he sends her off on a train and agrees to meet her in a safe place but she doesn't show up or she leaves a note to explain why she won't go with him. Either way, I suspect Jamaica takes place years later and Bond is single again then.
    slyfox wrote: »
    What really puzzles me is why Bond tries to secuce Lynch and probably also Paloma, when he is clearly very much in love with Swann, and she is still alive after Matera?

Pure speculation but after the Matera chase maybe he sends her off on a train and agrees to meet her in a safe place but she doesn't show up or she leaves a note to explain why she won't go with him. Either way, I suspect Jamaica takes place years later and Bond is single again then.

I suspect, from that clip of Bond leading Madeleine across the train tracks and then suddenly pulling her to him and hugging her so passionately, that he is sending her away and saying goodbye - as long as she's with him, she remains in danger.

So he retires alone and goes into hiding instead of pursuing that danger and eliminating the threat? Hopefully this is not what James Bond - who used to be able to prevent world wars and global extermination - has turned in to.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    So he retires alone and goes into hiding instead of pursuing that danger and eliminating the threat? Hopefully this is not what James Bond - who used to be able to prevent world wars and global extermination - has turned in to.

Depression can cause a man to do that.
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2019 Posts: 10,512

On the same page. This living the tranquil life post-Matera doesn’t add up to me.
  • Zekidk wrote: »

James will be James! In OHMSS he seems to fall in love with Tracy during the montage, didn't stop him visiting a few ladies at Piz Gloria!
    RC7 wrote: »

On the same page. This living the tranquil life post-Matera doesn’t add up to me.

Yes, I must admit I feel the same, sending Madeleine away, as appears to be the case, means she's alone and therefore still vulnerable and, now, without Bond's protection, so I wonder if there is something much more tangible which we don't know about yet, which leads to Bond living in isolation. We know he leaves Mi6 at the end of SP, so we can follow that narrative, but yes, I think, like others here, there's a greater reason. I don't believe Cary, who is a smart storyteller, (or the writers etc.) will drop the ball on this.

• Contraband wrote: »

https://www.cosenzachannel.it/2019/09/26/007-lascia-la-calabria-il-maltempo-non-molla/

Article today states, if I understand it correctly, that bad weather have forced production to abandoned Arcomagno - the cave/beach scene. But it also contains a previously for us unknown action scene to be filmed:
    a motorboat chase

I had trouble interpreting it too. So are they just scraping that scene or sequence all together? Or are they just moving to an alternate location? Something involving boats would be fun to see.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I’m still not sure madeleine isn’t with Bond in Jamaica. Just because we haven’t seen Lea on set in the Caribbean, doesn’t mean she can’t have filmed or be filming interior scenes shot at pinewood? Or am I way off here? :bz
    DCisared wrote: »
    I’m still not sure madeleine isn’t with Bond in Jamaica. Just because we haven’t seen Lea on set in the Caribbean, doesn’t mean she can’t have filmed or be filming interior scenes shot at pinewood? Or am I way off here? :bz

Lea wasn't around for the Jamaica shoots and I can't believe, if her character is still with Bond, all their scenes together were studio set, Madeleine would definitely appear in some exterior scenes. All the indications are she and Bond part ways after the Matera car chase.

ColonelSun wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

Yes, I must admit I feel the same, sending Madeleine away, as appears to be the case, means she's alone and therefore still vulnerable and, now, without Bond's protection, so I wonder if there is something much more tangible which we don't know about yet, which leads to Bond living in isolation. We know he leaves Mi6 at the end of SP, so we can follow that narrative, but yes, I think, like others here, there's a greater reason. I don't believe Cary, who is a smart storyteller, (or the writers etc.) will drop the ball on this.

Nah, of course he won't. They've written it so it makes sense, I'm sure.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Contraband wrote: »

a motorboat chase

Yes. That one-two day shoot is definitely cancelled. Enzo Sisti convinced the production to shoot some scenes there as part of a supposed motorboat chase. Since they planned to shoot at the Arcomagno briefly, logic tells that this supposed motorboat chase would be something bigger. Maybe happening in Jamaica/Cuba? This rules out the idea that the Arcomagno would've been the location for the supposed marriage*, btw.

*Something I don't believe anymore.
  • Based on the clapperboards, BTS footage, and plot/story structure so far I have an idea of how things may shake out, but there are some unknowns that raise some interesting questions.
    - We open in Norway with the scene of the young girl at the cabin being visited by the masked man, she runs across the frozen lake and escapes (or falls through the ice) as the man shoots at her.
    - Presumably, the opening credits
    - Bond and Madeleine arrive in Matera and we have a “honeymoon” sequence similar to the Venice scenes in CR.
    - Bond visits Vespers grave, which then explodes, and kicks off the chase sequence where Bond rushes back to the hotel in a foot/bike chase to get Madeleine. I know there was talk of this balcony set being blown up/destroyed so perhaps it’s a bit of a ticking timebomb sequence. Bond is shot while running along the bridge, and later jumps off, holding on to a rope to escape.
    - He ends up rescuing Madeleine in time, throws her in the DB5 and they make their escape during the car chase.
    - After escaping the assailants, Bond takes her to the train station and sends her away for her safety (maybe he promises he’ll come find her and never does).
    - We fast forward a few years to Bond living alone in Jamaica, knowing he can no longer live a secure life with the woman he loves.

Now this is where I get curious because according to the synopsis, Felix makes contact with Bond to get his help in rescuing the kidnapped scientist, HOWEVER, we also see Nomi making contact with Bond in Jamaica as well. Is she there to recruit Bond back as well? Is she assisting Felix? Is she there to prevent Felix from engaging Bond? As well, what is it about this rescue mission that entices Bond to return? Boredom with civilian life? A connection to Madeleine?

- Bond goes to Cuba (likely on Felix’s behalf due to complications with the CIA operating in Cuba), we have the Cuba action set piece, where I assume we learn more about the danger/risk with this new technology involving Malek and the kidnapped scientist, so Bond returns to MI6 to gain the proper resources he needs to neutralize/investigate this threat.
    - Bond goes to MI6 to return to active duty, only to find out that he’s been replaced by Nomi as the new 007, we have a little tension/friction before they’re inevitably forced to join forces to take down the villain.

We do know that later in the film Bond, Nomi, and likely Madeline end up in Norway for another action sequence, but how does Madeleine get reintroduced to the story? Perhaps this is where he “screwing Bond over” comes in? As well, we know there is an explosion that takes place at Porton Down, that likely has something to do with the scientist/Malek.

Lastly, based on what we know from Boyle’s departure, that he wanted to kill off Bond while they wanted to leave some ambiguity about whether or not he is alive. Are we still ending on this note??

I can’t wait to find out where this story is headed, there are so many fascinating possibilities and questions unanswered.

Another big question: How does Blofeld fit into ANY of this? (I love this speculation - I can't remember the last time it was this much fun to try to piece together all the elements of an upcoming Bond film.)
    matt_u wrote: »

a motorboat chase

Yes. That one-two day shoot is definitely cancelled. Enzo Sisti convinced the production to shoot some scenes there as part of a supposed motorboat chase. Since they planned to shoot at the Arcomagno briefly, logic tells that this supposed motorboat chase would be something bigger. Maybe happening in Jamaica/Cuba? This rules out the idea that the Arcomagno would've been the location for the supposed marriage*, btw.

Grazie per l'aiuto
    Irma what's her surname.. Could Rami's character be her son? Or even Blofeld / Irmas son now seeking revenge. Motive: Bond/MI6 disrupting Spectre, Blofeld in jail.

Eh, never mind...

///

Since they have wrapped in Sapri, what happends next? PWS?
  • Sting to sing the theme song?

I respect @marketto007 immensely - but his sources this time around are dodgy. They have been horrendously wrong so often, that this isn't even passably believable.

Though......the only thing that may lend weight is CJF's close relationship with Trudi Styler (Sting's wife). She fequently comments on his IF and starred in Maniac.

Also, there's a while sement in Maniac where Billy Magnussen sings a Sting song.

Still....in a world where an Academy Award nomination is virtually guaranteed, artists like Arianna Grande, Lana Del Rey, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, etc are queuing up...................................they pick Sting?!?!?

It's a "no" from me.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    matt_u wrote: »

a motorboat chase

Interesting that Cary was in San Nicola Arcella. Dont know if he was only scouting or production team has already shoot something there.

This post was published by Cary on August 3rd.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Rather have Sting instead of those other names, tbh.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

+1, there's no comparison. But unfortunately marketing is King these days, so it does seem to be a stretch.

+1, there's no comparison. But unfortunately marketing is King these days, so it does seem to be a stretch.

Indeed.

How likely is it that the title artist is announced this early? …Or is it early?

Indeed.

How likely is it that the title artist is announced this early? …Or is it early?

I mean, if anything it's late, no? If Sting/Savoretti are only in final talks. Smith was seemingly brought on in January 2015 for SP, just a month after shooting began...not sure about Adele.

But from a marketing POV a less slam dunk (aka not Sheeran, Lana, Gaga etc) title song choice would warrant an earlier announcement to get people on board, rather than a last min final push in the home stretch of the campaign.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,157

+2
    antovolk wrote: »

Indeed.

I mean, if anything it's late, no? If Sting/Savoretti are only in final talks. Smith was seemingly brought on in January 2015 for SP, just a month after shooting began...not sure about Adele.

And he was reportedly in talks with EON even before the title was announced if I remember correctly.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Indeed.

But from a marketing POV a less slam dunk (aka not Sheeran, Lana, Gaga etc) title song choice would warrant an earlier announcement to get people on board, rather than a last min final push in the home stretch of the campaign.

Adele gave her first cut of the song in October 2011. She likely got approached in early to mid 2011.

Indeed.

Adele gave her first cut of the song in October 2011. She likely got approached in early to mid 2011.

Wow so even earlier than Smith!
  • I think part of the trouble with piecing together the plot elements is that many people - through no fault of their own, I'll add - are taking as fact things that might still be pure speculation.

The wedding, the car chase in Norway, the appearance of Blofeld, the female 007, Bon'd failed attempts at seduction, &c - how solid are all of our sources on this?

Have we ruled out that all Norway scenes weren't actually for Black Widow? Have we confirmed that the casting call for 'young Seydoux' was actually for Bond and not for her other current film project?

It's a testament to how tight a ship EON are (finally) running, and to how starved their fanbase is for content!