No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    RC7 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    No offence meant, but that 'spoiler' going around is actually the precise antithesis of a 'spoiler'. I would not describe it as either a 'spoiler' or even describe it a even being relevant to NTTD.

Some say it's nothing, others thinks it's interesting. Either way, keep it to yourself. That goes for everyone that I DM.

I’m not bothered either way - but why not just post it in here in tabs and save the thread becoming a string of ‘DM me’, replies. If no one thinks it’s even a ‘spoiler’, never mind major, I don’t see an issue here.

+1
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    @matt_u You could be right about Matera after all. Published today stating in Matera but could also been taken last week. Time will tell

@matt_u If I'm reading this right they have cancelled Arcomagno as a location?

https://www.miocomune.tv/post/james-bond-ha-paura-della-pioggia-saltano-le-riprese-a-san-nicola-arcella
  • I live in Hungary, and I always saw the location after few days because I don't where can I find.

so I am 15 hours by car from the nowadays filming location
    , if there will be something tomorrow or Friday in Italy, Iam ready to go.
    I have to be sure because I don't want to drive so much (30hrs) unnecessarily

Do you know who are these smart forum members who can help?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Yes, this article from yesterday claims so.
    matt_u wrote: »

Yes, this article from yesterday claims so.

Ok.
    Gravina last week. Not much really

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Let's just drop mine so called spoiler once and for all. No more PM. And the end of this in here as well.

Yes, thank you. The nature of the information, no matter how relevant, is such that we do not want it discussed on these forums.
    So, please, no more requests on the production thread for this information.
    NTTD has officially one of the greatest bunch of locations ever.
    What's a "great" location? Scenic?

It's not gonna rival any of the Lewis Gilbert Bond movies or TLD for that matter. It actually worries me, that there's only two exterior setpieces, both being car chases.

SP had fantastic locations. On paper that is. But IMO, most of them were poorly used, for various reasons.
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2019 Posts: 10,512
    Zekidk wrote: »

It's not gonna rival any of the Lewis Gilbert Bond movies or TLD for that matter. It actually worries me, that there's only two exterior setpieces, both being car chases.

SP had fantastic locations. On paper that is. But IMO, most of them were poorly used, for various reasons.

I’m happy with Jamaica, Matera and Norway and suspect the cinematography will showcase them expertly.

As for set-pieces, the only exterior sequence on foreign soil in CR is the parkour chase. I’ve really no issue. Unlike others on here I don’t think NTTD will, or needs to, compete with Mission Impossible. This will be a Bond film.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,160
    I don’t think NTTD will, or needs to, compete with Mission Impossible.
    In this case: Fast and Furious.
    This will be a Bond film.
    Meaning gadgets, girls and gambling :-)
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    You may be surprised to see what other countries feature; remember hardly any of the production crew ever went to China for SF yet it was a substantial portion of the story....mostly created at Pinewood. I’ve seen some of the sets. You’re not going to be disappointed.
  • RC7RC7
    I don’t think NTTD will, or needs to, compete with Mission Impossible.
    In this case: Fast and Furious.
    This will be a Bond film.
    Meaning gadgets, girls and gambling :-)

There’ll certainly be those.

I’m happy with Jamaica, Matera and Norway and suspect the cinematography will showcase them expertly.

As for set-pieces, the only exterior sequence on foreign soil in CR is the parkour chase. I’ve really no, issue. Unlike others on here I don’t think NTTD will, or needs to, compete with Mission Impossible. This will be a Bond film.

Yes, that's right. And Cary if very smart and he knows Bond is unique and he will not try to ape another franchise.

wetnelly wrote: »
    You may be surprised to see what other countries feature; remember hardly any of the production crew ever went to China for SF
    I know. Though I understood it, I was very dissapointed that they faked China. I actually like to see Bond on location. It will be interesting for me to see how they fake Cuba using the Pinewood set.
  • RC7RC7
    You may be surprised to see what other countries feature; remember hardly any of the production crew ever went to China for SF
    I know. Though I understood it, I was very dissapointed that they faked China. I actually like to see Bond on location. It will be interesting for me to see how they fake Cuba using the Pinewood set.

It’s only because you know they faked it. The majority of the audience wouldn’t have a clue. This is the trouble with being privy to the fine detail of these pictures. You have to accept that side of it if you want to follow the production.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

It’s only because you know they faked it. The majority of the audience wouldn’t have a clue. This is the trouble with being privy to the fine detail of these pictures. You have to accept that side of it if you want to follow the production.
    This is very true.
    It's not a huge issue. As long as they keep using real sets, real locations and real stunts and don't take the same route as many modern action movies - relying heavily on CGI and green screen - I will enjoy every Bond movie. I'm nitpicking.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I am going to take the conversation off to the side for a moment:

Has anyone else noticed how much fun CJF is having? And the crew? There were earlier "concerns" that he and DC were arguing at one point (with nothing substantial other than a stil image). But I have not seen that. Everyone seems to be having a blast making this film. This is in direct contrast to what occurred in the previous three films: not that QoS, SF, or SP "suffered" due to issues on set. But they seemed to be more stressful shoots.

In any case, it is refreshing to see some joyful faces on this shoot, and I would not be shocked if DJF and DC came back to do another.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,241
    A not too recent interview with David Dencik with Swedish fashion and lifestyle magazine Café, posted earlier this month.

A very quick and not too good a translation of everything Bond related:
    11b4a44b-david-dencik-1408x792.jpg

In the upcoming Bond film, David plays a character named Waldo. Much more than that is not known. All information about the film is surrounded by an «MI6 solid» security. When it was confirmed this spring that Bond was going to happen for David, the media reported that he would play a villain. But when we meet him, he rather not talk about the role at all. The directives from the Bond camp has been as sharp-cut as Oddjob’s hat. He can’t say a sound (a word).

- After the first press conference there was a Danish newspaper journalist who completely unfounded wrote that I was to play a villain. Then it was picked up by other media and suddenly it was the truth.

He doesn’t say it out straight. But the undertones indicate that he received what in sports circles is usually called a «hair dryer» from some producer in connection with the spreading of the villain rumour.

- (Now) it’s best to shut up. Which feels pretty absurd. On the one hand, I’m attracting a lot of attention. On the other hand, I can’t say anything. Not even to my wife.

It’s early Sunday when we meet. Actually, we would’ve met a few days earlier, but then 007 tripped.

- Daniel Craig fell awkwardly during a shoot and sprained his ankle. The shooting schedule was thrown around and I had to fly to London.

Lately it’s been particularly tricky to recognise him. The role in Bond requires him to grow the moustache freely. His eyes are gentle, brown. David has no movie star whims. Rather he’s reminiscent of some vrålödmjuk (I don’t have a translation for this. @Contraband?) and intellectual type who wobbled out of a Woody Allen drama. Otherwise, it’s easy to imagine that Bond, this billion-dollar film franchise industry, can make anyone a little complacent. With the role he enters into a gold-edged Swedish acting tradition. Britt Ekland, Maud Adams. Dolph Lundgren, Max von Sydow, Izabella Scorupco. But David himself talks about Bond much like it was a Jönnson League remake (Swedish comedy film series).

«I don’t get paid much more for Bond than I get for a role in a Swdish feature film.»

b2ad4f3e-david-_dencik__0427_final-1-1024x683.jpeg

- Bond is action. And that’s not really my thing. I checked out some Bruce Lee stuff when I was younger, but otherwise it’s never been something I’ve got into. And it’s pretty boring during the shoots, I have to say. There is some glass pane that’s supposed to explode and different security walkthroughs. And then there’s a lot of waiting.

At the same time it’s double (?). Because when I ask what he felt when he got the Bond message, he replies:

- I didn’t get the role straight away, it was back and forth to London for various meetings for probably 2-3 months. When it was confirmed, I got an adrenaline rush. Obviously I feel that it’s incredibly fun to be part of this powerful film series. But above all, I was probably relieved. Because it wasn’t that I chose between this and anything else. It was Bond or nothing at all, at that stage.

It was also an experience to come to Jamaica and the capitol Kingston, says David, where he spent a few weeks shooting this spring.

- Especially since for a long time, mainly at a young age, I was very interested in the rastafari culture.

Do you have your own classic kind of movie trailer on set?

- No I share with someone.

And Mr. Craig?

- He has two, I think.

What does one bill for a Bond gig?

- If you ask if it’s now I’m buying a yacht then that answer is no. I get a little more, but not much more than I get for a similar role in a Swedish feature film. A Bond production is just too aware of what it has in value for people like me. So it doesn’t change that much. At least not in the short term.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Since NTTD hasn't been released yet, I obviously speak about locations "on paper". Here we have a bunch of places with incredible potential, no one is talking about how they used a location, since the film comes out in 6 months. Regarding Gilbert or TLD, wait for the film.
  • For my part I think a lot of people have been chasing shadows when it comes to the posters and/or trailer. It was a piece of speculation that a few people took as fact and then more people started running with it.

• RC7RC7
    octofinger wrote: »
    For my part I think a lot of people have been chasing shadows when it comes to the posters and/or trailer. It was a piece of speculation that a few people took as fact and then more people started running with it.

This. Best thing to do is just wait. Not that hard, is it? It’s like being constipated. You’re always eventually going do a sh*t, just might take a bit longer than you’d like.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    octofinger wrote: »
    For my part I think a lot of people have been chasing shadows when it comes to the posters and/or trailer. It was a piece of speculation that a few people took as fact and then more people started running with it.

Perhaps, but would it not make sense to have the trailer attached to Joker? I think that’s why we’re all speculating the trailer would be out either this week, or next.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    edited September 2019 Posts: 323
    Local Salerno newspaper and mayor of Sapri confirmed that shooting in Sapri was finished today.
    https://salerno.occhionotizie.it/james-bond-sapri-film/

Probably next stop is San Nicola Arcella with its breathtaking Arcomagno.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Another interview with David Dencik in Svenska Dagbladet's SvD Perfect Guide (from September 10th). They write in their interview that he plays a villain (although no quote from the man himself on that).

Hopefully my translation isn't too bad:
    In 1999, David moved to Stockholm to attend the Theatre Academy and it was during those years that the city became more alive for him, thanks in large part to his classmate Gustaf Skarsgård.

- Gustaf had a wide circle of acquaintances and we shared many interests. He helped me into the city, we lived together and in it formed a friendship that we have maintained.

Although they both broke through outside the Nordic countries, they have not shared a scene yet. However, David has worked with a number of other Swedes in the international field, such as Johan Renck, Fares Fares and Oscar-winning cinematographer Linus Sandgren, who is behind the camera in the upcoming Bond film - No Time To Die.

- Linus is just like me, husband, father of two and usually without the family when we work. So we found each other a little.

In 2011, Dencik did his first roles in international major films such as Steven Spielberg's War Horse, David Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Tomas Alfredson's Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Although he played both Danish and Swedish roles, the international stride was a milestone.

- Acting in English is like getting a third leg if you are a dancer. In addition, I wanted to come out and see the world, get to know people. As a kid, I wanted to become a cartographer and dreamed of finding a profession that meant many trips. When I was filming Bond in Jamaica, I got a driver who took me around. We stopped at different places, greeted people, ate at some tavern ... I like it! There is an anthropological curiosity in me, he says, and says that he and the driver are still in contact.

That he in the spring fought against Daniel Craig has not been a milestone, but Bond villain is a role out of the ordinary.

- It is obviously cool to be close to that apparatus. There are probably at least 500 people involved on site. I don't know what everyone is doing. Suddenly you see someone carrying a cable or hanging from the ceiling. It feels like you are doing an Olympic inauguration every day.
    Picaboo

The end credits will take forever to get through with all these locations! :))