NTTD Gun Barrel Sequence OOO O O O

Comments

Great news,thank God for that !
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Not too surprising. I think from now on Bond actors will be reshooting gun barrels for each installment instead of just using the same footage. I like that. I just hope they stick to the classic Binder design.

My dream gun barrel would be using the exact gun barrel image that Binder used. No CGI gimmickry, just bring back the classic one we saw from 1962-1989. I thought it was cool that they sort of did that for SPECTRE but it looked like Binder just used a static version of Brosnan’s which I thought has always looked too slick and artificial.
    Love the Gun Barrel. Be interesting to hear the theme variation on it too?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited September 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Cary Fukunaga doesn't have a Facebook page.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona

He does. And he updates it frequently:
    https://www.facebook.com/DirectorCaryJojiFukunaga/

It's also marked by Facebook as 'official'.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 2,630

It's not a verified page. It appears that it's a fan-made page, if anything.

If it was an official page, it would have a verified mark (like his Instagram has). Example below:

lv1a7yjjxjo31.png

EDIT: Looked it up, he has a personal facebook profile that hasn't been updated in about 9 years.
    Yeah, looking at the posts this is clearly a fan made page. It's nothing like how he expresses himself on his Instagram page, and I just found an old post referring to the director in third person.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 431

If it was an official page, it would have a verified mark (like his Instagram has). Example below:

lv1a7yjjxjo31.png

EDIT: Looked it up, he has a personal facebook profile that hasn't been updated in about 9 years.

Hmmm, this is strange to me. I was pretty damn sure that blue marker was there before @AgentJamesBond007 . I am always fully aware of these markers. And until a short while ago I was only able to post posts with limited layout possibilities (like not adding your own pictures). And now it is possible.

But well, thanks for correcting this then :-).

lv1a7yjjxjo31.png

Hmmm, this is strange to me. I was pretty damn sure that blue marker was there before @AgentJamesBond007 . I am always fully aware of these markers.

It's not even in the screenshot you provided. Cary's only legitimate and active social media is Instagram, it appears.
    Yeah I couldn't find anything of his on FB or Twitter either.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 7,999
    The screenshot of him giving a thumbs up is an Instagram comment, not on Facebook. Though for which Instagram post I'm not sure.
    The screenshot of him giving a thumbs up is an Instagram comment, not on Facebook. Though for which Instagram post I'm not sure.

It was on the post uploaded today.

Yep, that is Cary's post (you have to comment first with an emoticon, a 'thumbs up', to make it appear like that). So that one is legitimate.

I was just always under the assumption that the Facebook-one was official (however, without a blue 'official' marker it does not always mean it's unofficial). Anyway, thanks for pointing out buddy @AgentJamesBond007 ^:)^
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,619
    I am really hoping the the great Cary Fukunaga and Dan Romer realize that for the gunbarrell sequences of TND, TWINE and SP the WRONG portion of the Bond theme was used when the blood is coming down, and will NOT repeat this huge mistake of their predecessors.
    I am really hoping the the great Cary Fukunaga and Dan Romer realize that for the gunbarrell sequences of TND, TWINE and SP the WRONG portion of the Bond theme was used when the blood is coming down, and will NOT repeat this huge mistake of their predecessors.

Couldn't agree more.
    Huh, and I liked it a lot when they did touches like that. I always appreciate a new gun barrel doing its own thing. Not always (CGI bullet in DAD), but it gives us something different and new to talk about.

One thing I do hope they retain from the SP gun barrel is having the lights go dark and making Craig's figure into a silhouette. THAT was the best touch that had been done for a gun barrel in a very long time.
    Huh, and I liked it a lot when they did touches like that. I always appreciate a new gun barrel doing its own thing. Not always (CGI bullet in DAD), but it gives us something different and new to talk about.

One thing I do hope they retain from the SP gun barrel is having the lights go dark and making Craig's figure into a silhouette. THAT was the best touch that had been done for a gun barrel in a very long time.

I really liked that particular detail.

Regarding the music, you guys are completely right, although they did get it right in QOS, albeit to fast and with that terrible animation.

It's all a matter of which one you prefer most eh @MakeshiftPython ;-). I have a guess Cary Fukunaga will ask Daniel Kleinman to use the first (and best) picture from the inside of a gunbarrel, as used in DN, GF, FRWL, LALD and TMWTGG. The aspect ration would actually be almost the same as IMAX aspect ratio. I think, Cary being such a nerd himself, I can see him doing that:
    rMfqmAc.jpg
    n8BmFbG.jpg
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Yeah that's actually an interesting question, whether the gunbarrel will be in full IMAX 1.43:1 format. Or maybe have it in scope 2.40 then have the white dot open up to the full height image...would really be quite damn effective
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Univex wrote: »

Regarding the music, you guys are completely right, although they did get it right in QOS, albeit to fast and with that terrible animation.

The thing I did love about the QoS one was that they brought back the triangle!
    Jangling away as Bond walked along it really made me think of Roger :)
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 6,665
    antovolk wrote: »
    Yeah that's actually an interesting question, whether the gunbarrel will be in full IMAX 1.43:1 format. Or maybe have it in scope 2.40 then have the white dot open up to the full height image...would really be quite damn effective

Now that could be interesting. Very well thought out, @antovolk.
    mtm wrote: »

Whats the triangle, @mtm? Don't know what you're referring to.
    I very much prefer the traditional section of the theme (established by Barry for the FRWL gunbarrel) and used in all of his films as the Gun-barrel theme.

Occasionally do something different as in LTK. But these days the Bond theme is all over the place during the Gun-barrel.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I very much prefer the traditional section of the theme (established by Barry for the FRWL gunbarrel) and used in all of his films as the Gun-barrel theme.

Occasionally do something different as in LTK. But these days the Bond theme is all over the place during the Gun-barrel.

Exactly. Spot on.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 12,837
    Glad they're shooting a new one. The final pose of the Spectre one was a step up from QoS and SF but it really bugged me how you could see his gun the whole time when he was walking.

I'd be happy with the Spectre design so long as it opened up properly. Does still feel like a bit of a step down from the Brosnan era though. An update on that would be perfect.

I'd also rather the blood going down slower with the main riff of the Bond theme playing, instead of the closing notes ala TND/TWINE/SP. But that's minor, I can live with either of them.

This is their last chance to really get it right. Every Craig era gunbarrel has had something wrong with it (even the CR one, which was a genuinely brilliant one off and gave me goosebumps in the cinema, loses points for not using the Binder design). He's been one of the best Bonds and deserves at least one good classic style gunbarrel.

Also just realised we haven't had a gunbarrel without any gimmicks that ruin it for 20 years now. How depressing is that. SF is the worst offender. Still can't believe how they thought that was fine for the 50th anniversary.
    Where's the information from that they are indeed filming a new one? I missed it somehow.
    Was the SF gun barrel opened up for the IMAX screenings or was it preserved at 2:40?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    antovolk wrote: »

Now that could be interesting. Very well thought out, @antovolk.
    mtm wrote: »

Whats the triangle, @mtm? Don't know what you're referring to.

It’s a musical instrument. It’s shaped like a triangle :)
    Was the SF gun barrel opened up for the IMAX screenings or was it preserved at 2:40?

I believe it was indeed opened up to 1.90:1
  • James_StJohnSmytheJames_StJohnSmythe Twitter: @J_StJS /// https://www.instagram.com/james_st_john_smythe/
    (...)
    This is their last chance to really get it right. Every Craig era gunbarrel has had something wrong with it (even the CR one, which was a genuinely brilliant one off and gave me goosebumps in the cinema, loses points for not using the Binder design). He's been one of the best Bonds and deserves at least one good classic style gunbarrel.
    (...)

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I would have loved it if you had stayed true to the Gunbarrel design from CR throughout the Craig era. Just because it's so different, it fits Craig so well. In addition, I find the look extremely cool and fresh.
    (...)
    (...)

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I would have loved it if you had stayed true to the Gunbarrel design from CR throughout the Craig era. Just because it's so different, it fits Craig so well. In addition, I find the look extremely cool and fresh.

Nah,that was unique to CR and the birth of Bond.