Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oooooh. Will he be culturally sensitive on this mission.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 6,665

Gotta see that. Pronto.

Although I'm a Ferrari man. And I don't like Ford. I do like Shelby, though. But let's not forget Ken Miles died a couple of years after while testing the Ford J-car. Car broke in several pieces and killed him instantly. And now we have to invest in him as a father and a husband who Caroll took to great fame and glory? It killed him at 47, leaving his child to be an orphan and his wife a widow. But hey, maybe this film will elevate his glory and name, as he was truly a great driver.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Looks . awesome. Plus, Bale is one of my favourite actors. So much fire, passion, energy and intensity is that fuy. You gotta love him.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    vnkibt2yfrm31.jpg
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Looks . awesome. Plus, Bale is one of my favourite actors. So much fire, passion, energy and intensity is that fuy. You gotta love him.
    +1
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    the-irishman-poster-410x600.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,104
    Directed by Colin Trevorrow this is more a precurser to the next Jurassic World

Battle at Big Rock short film...

I have watched this a few times it's good, gives me hope for the next movie, the end credit sequence is great set up also, watch it on a big TV if you can
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I have watched this a few times it's good, gives me hope for the next movie, the end credit sequence is great set up also, watch it on a big TV if you can

Shot just down the road from me.
    The end credits inserts are great. The film itself feels like a retread.
    Jurassic World 3 to begin filming in Spring 2020 at Pinewood Studios.

https://hnentertainment.co/exclusive-jurassic-world-3-confirmed-to-shoot-at-pinewood-studios-uk/
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    boldfinger wrote: »
    The end credits inserts are great. The film itself feels like a retread.

Yep. Not very good at all. Music was nice, though; and yeah, the credits are clever.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,104
    Red Band Trailer

Warning contains brutal killing
    That remark is the safest way to make me click on the link.

boldfinger wrote: »
    That remark is the safest way to make me click on the link.

I am glad to see the tone of the last film is continuing

A nice teaser indeed of what is to come! :-bd
    Running time updates:

Gemini Man: 1 hour & 57 minutes.
    Doctor Sleep: 2 hours & 31 minutes.
    Jojo Rabbit: 1 hour & 48 minutes.
    The Lighthouse: 1 hour & 50 minutes.
    Ford v Ferrari: 2 hours & 32 minutes.
    A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood: 1 hour & 47 minutes.
    Knives Out: 2 hours & 10 minutes.
    21 Bridges: 1 hour & 39 minutes.

----

2nd trailer for Knives Out coming later today.
    I´m generally the last one to insist on a long running time, but I am very much looking forward to two-and-a-half hours of Ford vs Ferrari :-).
    edited September 2019 Posts: 15,686

----

Dark Waters looks good.

Not entirely sure what to think of Knives out. But I will probably see it out of curiosity.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It takes some nerve to smear DuPont.
    It takes some nerve to smear DuPont.

Dupondt.png
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Full cast for Wes Anderson's latest, The French Dispatch:

http://collider.com/wes-anderson-new-movie-the-french-dispatch-cast/
    Some very positive comments from Stellan Skarsgard, confirming Denis Villeneuve has full creative control on Dune:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/stellan-skarsgard-warner-bros-denis-villeneuve-dune-1202174821/

----

First trailer for Uncut Gems, the new thriller from the directors of 2017's Good Time*, will arrive next Tuesday (September 24).

The film stars Adam Sandler in the lead role and is already one of the most critically acclaimed films of 2019.

Set in the diamond district of New York City, Howard Ratner, a jewelry store owner and dealer to the rich and famous, must find a way to pay his debts when his merchandise is taken from one of his top sellers and girlfriend.

*Trailer for Good Time:

@bondjames @boldfinger @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

Liam Neeson is back in the romantic drama Ordinary Love, alogside Lesley Mainville:

ordinary-love.jpg

Full trailer in the coming days.

----

Jesse Plemons & Dominique Fishback join Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield In Jesus Was My Homeboy.

Follows the rise and untimely demise of iconic Black Panther Party member Fred Hampton (Kaluuya) as seen through the eyes of William O’Neal (Stanfield), the man who betrayed him to the FBI. It will explore how the FBI infiltrated the Black Panthers, the psychology of their informant and the notorious assassination of the young political leader who died aged only 21.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/deuce-dominique-fishback-daniel-kaluuya-lakeith-stanfield-warner-bros-jesus-homeboy-1202737748/

----

A24 lands the first post-Joker role for Joaquin Phoenix: A drama directed by Mike Mills (20th Century Women).

https://deadline.com/2019/09/joaquin-phoenix-next-movie-mike-mills-director-a24-joker-1202738671/

----

The cast for Netflix's biopic on Marilyn Monroe, Blonde, continues to grow: Garreth Dillahunt, Scoot McNairy, Lucy DeVito, Michael Masini, Bobby Cannavale, Julianne Nicholson, Lily Fisher, Evan Williams, Xavier Samuel, Caspar Phillipson, Toby Huss, Sara Paxton, and David Warshofksy.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/netflix-plan-b-marilyn-monroe-film-blonde-cast-1202738843/
    @bondjames @boldfinger @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

First trailer for Ordinary Love:

----

Bob Odenkirk will play the lead role in the action/thriller Nobody.

The film follows Hutch Mansell (Odenkirk), a suburban dad, overlooked husband, nothing neighbor - a “nobody.” When two thieves break into his home one night, Hutch’s unknown long-simmering rage is ignited and propels him on a brutal path that will uncover dark secrets he fought to leave behind.

Directed by Ilya Naishuller (Hardcore Henry) & written by Derek Kolstad (John Wick).

Release date: August 14, 2020.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/bob-odenkirk-nobody-thriller-universal-1203342551/

----

Fy1o-AHKe-Bm-Wy-LD-Hz2-W44-IH2uj-Gf-WGAa-C0p1q0-t0g.jpg

----

New trailer for Frozen 2 coming next Monday, September 23.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I love the first version from 1958.

----

a-W53xb9d-Ofigb-Sa4e-Ik-Iafs-Lv-QS4-Newati-K-A7-BZj-WU.jpg