NTTD: The Clapperboard thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Zekidk wrote: »
    We know that scene 15 is in Norway, not that it will last 15 scenes. It could be 4 scenes in total or 17.

The movie will open in the frozen lake and scene 15 will likely be the last of the set piece. Then Matera will kick in. Scene 19 is Bond & Swann entering the hotel, so there must be some other scenes like in the car or in the streets prior to that.
    jake24 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    slyfox wrote: »
    Clapperboard update:
    I can confirm the scene shot this evening with Bond and Swann arriving in Matera at their hotel is:

Scene 19

They filmed two different camera angles. Bond went round to open the door for her. They locked arms/held hands and in the later shots, in the background a group of extras walked past holding the candle type lights associated with the July 2nd religious festival in Matera.

Perfect. This pretty much confirms the pattern suggested before and put all the discussion of Jamaica being before Matera to bed.

Ah, thank u so much @slyfox.

How do we square Matera featuring from scene 19 to 50+?

Matera will feature for a big portion of the film. Simple.

And Bond’s tranquil Jamaican life comes after this?
    Something happened in Matera that drives Bond to move to Jamaica and live on his own for five years. If they take the first 30-40 mins setting this up, I don't mind at all. As long as it's interesting which it definitely seems to be.

Agreed! And I'd add, Bond believes Swann died there. Likely in the hotel room explosion.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,160
    I don't think the Norway scenes with the cabin and the lake will take more than a couple of minutes. 15 scenes equals around 10-12 minutes, and a scene change usually only happens when you change the perspective or location. I think maybe they will be intercut with something else happening, somewhere else.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited September 2019 Posts: 524
    Zekidk wrote: »
    We know that scene 15 is in Norway, not that it will last 15 scenes. It could be 4 scenes in total or 17.

Exactly. To me, it is entirely possible to open the film in Matera (say, scenes 1 - 12), then have the Madeleine flashback filmed in Norway (say scenes 13 -15), back to Matera (scenes 16-20), titles, and then continue from 20 - 50s in Matera.

Those numbers are just indications, but my point is: scene 15 in Norway doesn't necessarily mean any scene before that can't be Matera, and even some scenes after that can still be Matera and be the PTS.

The young girl in Norway is probably included in the PTS, but Norway does not need to be exclusively the PTS, without Matera getting in there too.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Two realistic possibilities:

1) The PTS is the Madeleine flashback or whatever it is that they filmed back in March. Following this, we have the titles and then it's Bond & Madeleine in Matera. After the events of Matera, we fast forward five years and it's Bond on his own in Jamaica. From there it's Cuba, London, then Norway.

2) As @antovolk said, there's a brief, Pinewood-shot PTS, the titles, then it's the Norway sequence with young Madeleine, then the two of them in Matera and the rest that follows.

Personally, I think option 1 is the most likely. Perhaps the teaser trailer will give us a better hint of how the structure will look.
  • RC7RC7
    I’m still not buying Jamaica not featuring until an hour into the film. You don’t write a synopsis for a film that ignores the first hour of it.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Two realistic possibilities:

1) The PTS is the Madeleine flashback or whatever it is that they filmed back in March. Following this, we have the titles and then it's Bond & Madeleine in Matera. After the events of Matera, we fast forward five years and it's Bond on his own in Jamaica. From there it's Cuba, London, then Norway.

2) As @antovolk said, there's a brief, Pinewood-shot PTS, the titles, then it's the Norway sequence with young Madeleine, then the two of them in Matera and the rest that follows.

Personally, I think option 1 is the most likely. Perhaps the teaser trailer will give us a better hint of how the structure will look.
    I’d bet money on Norway followed by Matera as the PTS, or as @DeerAtTheGates suggested, Matera, Norway-Flashback, Matera.
  • RC7RC7
    Has anyone considered a Jamaica/Norway PTS?
    I’m still not buying Jamaica not featuring until an hour into the film. You don’t write a synopsis for a film that ignores the first hour of it.

Maybe the PTS *is* Jamaica, more specifically the whole Felix approaching Bond thing...then cue titles and then a 'X years earlier' on the Matera sequence, catching us up to how and why Bond got to where he is (seemingly) alone in Jamaica
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2019 Posts: 10,586
    To be honest, I'm really not sure why this is so hard for people to grasp. Do you really think Bond would go from living alone in Jamaica and being coerced back into the field by Felix, to living with Madeleine in Matera?
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2019 Posts: 10,512
    antovolk wrote: »

Maybe the PTS *is* Jamaica, more specifically the whole Felix approaching Bond thing...then cue titles and then a 'X years earlier' on the Matera sequence, catching us up to how and why Bond got to where he is (seemingly) alone in Jamaica

Agree with the first part being a possibility, but still struggling with the latter. One thing is for sure, nothings truly adds up. Which certainly keeps things interesting.
    To be honest, I'm really not sure why this is so hard for people to grasp. Do you really think Bond would go from living alone in Jamaica and being coerced back into the field by Felix, to living with Madeleine in Matera?

He’s staying at a hotel with her. There are multiple scenarios that could lead to that outcome. Are we even sure he’s living alone in Jamaica?

Let’s remember. None of us have all the answers, so let’s not pretend we do.

Agree with the first part being a possibility, but still struggling with the latter. One thing is for sure, nothings truly adds up. Which certainly keeps things interesting.
    It adds up in view. Pretty straightforward, IMO. But we could all be wrong I suppose.

I guess that's my other theory - could be Bond and Madeleine in Jamaica instead of him on his own...I believe in that April press launch MGW even went so far as to say Bond is in 'wedded bliss'.

I guess that's my other theory - could be Bond and Madeleine in Jamaica instead of him on his own...I believe in that April press launch MGW even went so far as to say Bond is in 'wedded bliss'.
    Definitely don't remember him saying that.
    I'm not going into the discussion about what happens when, as I haven't followed the production/clapperboards closely enough, but we do know that David Dencik (who we're now pretty sure is the scientist?) shot scenes in Jamaica in May. Out of curiosity, how does that fit in with the storyline/clapperboards?
  • RC7RC7

Yes. It’s not been confirmed he’s alone. He may well be, but we can’t write it off yet, I don’t think. As I said earlier, the synopsis suggests the mission becomes ‘more treacherous’ than first thought, which feels to me like something has drawn him in (perhaps the Vesper connection) and the fallout is that Madeleine (who he’s still with) becomes embroiled in a shit storm.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited September 2019 Posts: 524

Definitely don't remember him saying that.
    MGW said a lot of strange things during that launch, but he didn't say that, I think.

Another possibility (but it's one that's really weird and not very probable) is a Tarantino-timeline-style film, AKA the film is not in chronological order and jumps from scene to scene, from present to past and back. Then we could have Matera-Norway-Matera-titles-Jamaica-Matera-Cuba-Matera-London-Matera (for good measure)-Norway. If CJF really wants an artsy affair...
    But I'm not putting any money on that.
  • RC7RC7
    Barbara states Bond is in Jamaica when we ‘start the film’. Start isn’t scene 70.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    May be PTS starts with bond in Jamaica, Felix ask bond to help him out but he refused . Later we saw him in matera but Madeline is presume dead. Bond goes off in jaimaica or any other location afterwards on mission.
    Barbara states Bond is in Jamaica when we ‘start the film’. Start isn’t scene 70.
    She said he "starts his journey" here. One can presume she was talking about Bond's present day journey.
  • RC7RC7
    She said he "starts his journey" here. One can presume she was talking about Bond's present day journey.

“Bond is not on active service when we start the film, so he is actually enjoying himself, in Jamaica”.
    They’re not gonna transition more than once in time. Which means we’re not gonna see a 5 years earlier subtitle and I don’t think Norway is a flashback , if I had to guess its Swans

I think the PTS and and matera piece will be wrapped up and done in 30-35 minutes and bond is in Jamaica with 2 hours of the film left still.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,343

Let's say scene 55.

BTW what are u suggesting? Looks like Bond is in Jamaica alone. During the scenes in Jamaica he tries to seduce Nomi. He sails alone. He went to the club alone to meet Felix. Swann is not with him, based on what we know. Frozen lake is scene 15. Bond entering the balcony hotel is scene 19, so Matera directly follow that scene with the creepy masked man chasing the girl. Are u suggesting Jamaica happens in some form before all that? I know no one has definitive answers and we're just speculating, but Jamaica happening before the frozen lake and Matera is impossible. Bizarre at least.

Look. Sounds weird, I know. Kicking the main plot so late in the game. But, seems pretty clear that there's no room for Jamaica to fit into the narrative before the frozen lake set piece at this point. Plus, goin from Bond brought back into action by Felix in Jamaica directly to Cuba makes sense.

“Bond is not on active service when we start the film, so he is actually enjoying himself, in Jamaica”.
    I highly doubt he's on active service in Matera, either.
    So matera is set right after Spectre?
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    So matera is set right after Spectre?

Well, sounds likely.

Let's say he's not. :D

What we saw today is exactly what Swann hinted when asking Bond about getting a life in the train scene before Hinx. To stop, to get a life with someone. To choose life (cit. Danny Boyle).
    Remember when I said the frozen lake scene was a dream from which Madeleine wakes up? What if she wakes up in the car on the way to Matera. Then we'd have the Matera scenes and, for some reason, they split and we catch up with Bond, after a time jump (the first, seeing the flashback is a dream) in Jamaica. Then things get set in motion for Bond's return to duty. The Cuba mission, the return to London,...

Too convoluted? Don't think so.
    Univex wrote: »
    Remember when I said the frozen lake scene was a dream from which Madeleine wakes up? What if she wakes up in the car on the way to Matera. Then we'd have the Matera scenes and, for some reason, they split and we catch up with Bond, after a time jump (the first, seeing the flashback is a dream) in Jamaica. Then things get set in motion for Bond's return to duty. The Cuba mission, the return to London,...

Me neither. Sounds pretty cool and quite reasonable. The frozen lake scene is quite difficult to figure out but I strongly believe Swann and Malek have a connection. She's the one visiting Blofeld in order to ask info about him. We also know she will be part of the Norway scenes at his mansion (filmed in both the Atlantic Road and Scotland). So that scene could be a set up for a connection being reprised later in the film. The big question is: is she the young girl? And then, IF they fake her death in Matera is she still in contact with Malek? I don't think so but Dali Bensallah looks like he's goin to play a kind of "henchman" for Malek and he's present in Matera. Exciting. We know a lot but in the end we know nothing.
  • RC7RC7

He won’t be on active service in Matera regardless, it seems like he takes on the ‘kidnapped scientist’ gig on a personal level. Whether he’s genuinely on ‘active service’ at all, until way down the line, is debatable I think.

He won’t be on active service in Matera regardless, it seems like he takes on the ‘kidnapped scientist’ gig on a personal level.

Yes it seems like this.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited September 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Univex wrote: »

Me neither. Sounds pretty cool and quite reasonable. The frozen lake scene is quite difficult to figure out but I strongly believe Swann and Malek have a connection. She's the one visiting Blofeld in order to ask info about him. We also know she will be part of the Norway scenes at his mansion (filmed in both the Atlantic Road and Scotland). So that scene could be a set up for a connection being reprised later in the film. The big question is: is she the young girl? And then, IF they fake her death in Matera is she still in contact with Malek? I don't think so but Dali Bensallah looks like he's goin to play a kind of "henchman" for Malek and he's present in Matera. Exciting. We know a lot but in the end we know nothing.
    My one hope on the villain level is that Malek, despite using henchman, is a physical challenge for Bond as well as a mental one. So far, Craig has only had one brawny adversary (Silva). Malek has a smaller build, but my mind keeps flashing back to AVTAK, which CJF claims was the first Bond film he saw in theaters. Couple that with the rumors that genetic manipulation comes into play, I'm hoping EON is dipping their toes into future-science yet again.

Not to the ludicrous levels that DAD went of course, but maybe as far as Dr. No went with ideas like robotic limbs. I don't think Malek will be playing Dr. No, however; I believe EON will have something more original in store for us.