No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Contraband wrote: »
    Sapri location fire - arsonist suspected

70003961_10158733879812388_1948002410173562880_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQlaZhEVc99lKUvo9YPMLbrp8LlID3dQGJ3rqNczOTfeGCk1rrsF0Fu-HCVAoVR5xAc&_nc_ht=scontent-ber1-1.xx&oh=d4b490011eb5ddea7a172ed5e86c3854&oe=5DEF347D

I know someone wrote briefly about it yesterday. Some bastard with matches tried to halt the production who was filming the cars along the SS 18 coastal road between Sapri -Acquafredda. Twice the grass was set on fire, tuesday evening and wednesday morning in the same area, right above the lagoon-location Midnight beach.

Local mayor is red hot pissed off according to local news :D

Wednesday afternoon prod. could resume shooting again; full on stunt driving followed by the choppercam

it's not linked to 007 production. it happens every year.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

• NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Why do we have the original BMT number plate and then that new A 24...whatever. Does anyone have any ideas????
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Why do we have the original BMT number plate and then that new A 24...whatever. Does anyone have any ideas????

Revolving number plates :-P
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I've been on holiday for the last week so I'm just catching up.
    I'm so excited for this film, it's unreal. It's great to see Daniel on set, he's looking the best he's looked since Quantum in my opinion. The pics of him covered in blood are fantastic, it's great to see him looking like he's having fun on set and it gives me hope that we are going back to a more gritty style again

Also the news I trailer/teaser could be coming soon is really exciting, I can't wait
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,343
    This film will not end with a wedding.....believe me.

As I said sounds too "happy" to me. BUT, we know almost for sure that a marriage will take place and we also know that the marriage won't happen in the beginning of the film. So?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    You guys hate happy endings now? Then you really must hate 20 out of the 24 Bond films we got so far.

A wedding would have a finality to it as in, James Bond leaving his days of shooting bad guys and sleeping with anything that has a pulse, behind.

Barbara already said in Jamaica that she want's Craig back. And Daniel was coy about returning at first. He will obviously not die in this film... he's got no time for that.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 431
    matt_u wrote: »
    This film will not end with a wedding.....believe me.

As I said sounds too "happy" to me. BUT, we know almost for sure that a marriage will take place and we also know that the marriage won't happen in the beginning of the film. So?

We know nothing for sure. Really nothing. We can only assume certain things. And dwell on that. Which in itself is a fun thing to do as well I think, as otherwise no forum would exist :-).

Having said that, I expect an ending that is a bit of a mixture of the "NSNA"-ending (being really retired, with typical Bond-esque humour) and "The Dark Knight Rises"-ending (not knowing for sure if someone dreams about the lead-character being alive). It will obviously have emotional impact, as this will be most definitely Craig's final outing as 007 (which makes sense...and also makes me wonder why they haven't done this more clearly with YOLT, DAF, AVTAK, LTK and DAD, as they all were all Bond-films that were to be a vehicle for a Bond-actor's final outing).

I don't think they will go down the road that resulted in the (emotional) deaths of Iron Man ("Avengers 4: Endgame") and Wolverine ("Logan"). I actually think Danny Boyle was thinking of going down that route. And I am happy they scrapped that (if he really wanted that).

A few years ago, when I wrote my idea for a Bond 25 story, I was actually thinking of a proper ending for the Craig-era. And although this is perhaps a bit too comical and light-hearted, I am pretty sure Bond stays alive, but in a way that creates gossip and speculation for the future of the Bond-franchise. Perhaps even Lashana Lynch (Nomi-temporarily-007 :-P) has a pivotal role during such an ending (spin-off?)….

9U3uPrH.png
    W9yZzQB.png
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    00Agent wrote: »
    You guys hate happy endings now? Then you really must hate 20 out of the 24 Bond films we got so far.

A wedding would have a finality to it as in, James Bond leaving his days of shooting bad guys and sleeping with anything that has a pulse, behind.

Barbara already said in Jamaica that she want's Craig back. And Daniel was coy about returning at first. He will obviously not die in this film... he's got no time for that.
    A happy ending doesn't have to involve Bond settling down and getting married.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,157
    The wedding has a finality, though, you said that yourself. All Bond movies end with Bond bedding the girl, but we all know that they're going to part ways and Bond is going to be lonely and resume killing people as usual.
    jake24 wrote: »

Indeed =D>
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,185

Of course not. There are endless possibilities how this film could end. But if i had to choose between a death and a wedding (going by the rumors that there even is one) I prefer our man to stay alive and live happily ever after.

Of course not. There are endless possibilities how this film could end. But if i had to choose between a death and a wedding (going by the rumors that there even is one) I prefer our man to stay alive and live happily ever after.

It will be something creatively way more fulfilling than both the overused plot twists 'deaths' and 'weddings'. Let Marvel do that. Bond did it way earlier and better. And now for NTTD the franchise will again do something way more fulfilling and trendsetting.

It will be something creatively way more fulfilling than both the overused plot twists 'deaths' and 'weddings'. Let Marvel do that. Bond did it way earlier and better. And now for NTTD the franchise will again do something way more fulfilling and trendsetting.

+1
    That's the spirit.
  • New photos from Matera.......Daniel and Lea in the DB5:

18393004-7456175-image-a-10_1568289684293.jpg
    18393338-7456175-image-a-11_1568289995813.jpg
    18393334-7456175-image-a-29_1568290370956.jpg
    18393332-7456175-image-a-25_1568290357787.jpg

To make it road legal in Italy. They will CGI in the BMT number in post-production, I'd imagine.
    I see Dan's got his Leica with him

Those sunglasses do make the outfit look even better. Too bad they won't be in the final cut.

Also, must be really hot inside the DB5.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 151
    New photos from Matera.......Daniel and Lea in the DB5:

A bloodied Bond gets into the car? Is it a foot chase, then bike chase, before the DB5 chase? Have we got it all round the wrong way? So, the scene on Instagram video yesterday where Bond appears to be pulling Madeleine is clearly he's caught up with her after he has fought off his attackers and they get to the DB5 in time.

[/quote]

A bloodied Bond gets into the car? Is it a foot chase, then bike chase, before the DB5 chase? Have we got it all round the wrong way?[/quote]

Yes, perhaps Bond goes to the cemetery alone. Madeleine doesn't want to intrude on his private moment at Vesper's grave (which they have discussed in the hotel room the previous evening when they arrive) and so she waits back in the DB5. Bond is attacked by Spectre agents and has to get back to Madeliene by jumping from the bridge, running (the foot chase), stealing a motorbike from one of his pursuers, finally reaching the DB5, and then the car chase kicks off. May be????
  • RC7RC7
    Someone wrote: »
    New photos from Matera.......Daniel and Lea in the DB5:

A bloodied Bond gets into the car? Is it a foot chase, then bike chase, before the DB5 chase? Have we got it all round the wrong way? So, the scene on Instagram video yesterday where Bond appears to be pulling Madeleine is clearly he's caught up with her after he has fought off his attackers and they get to the DB5 in time.

I suggested this a little while back. I wondered if perhaps sh*t went down at the cemetery and then Bond escapes on foot, picks up the bike and finally attempts to get Madeline out in the DB5. Pure speculation, mind.

To make it road legal in Italy. They will CGI in the BMT number in post-production, I'd imagine.

Nope.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    TripAces wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Can we talk about how one of the clapperboards seen in Sapri is scene 253? Are they utilizing a different numbering system or will the film clock in at 3 hours?

@jake24 I found this image of an old SPECTRE clapperboard... this definitely has to be a different numbering system. I did theorise a possible intentional misdirection, but don't think they think that much about it haha :D
    stream_img.jpg

The first two digits refer to the roll of film. So in the NTTD clapperboard, it's roll X2, scene 53B, Take 5 (OR...Roll X25, Scene 3B!!!) In SP, it is roll V4, Scene 3BR, Take 1.

That film roll number theory would seem to make sense, but if you look at the clapperboards from DC's other Bond films, there are boards with, for example, for Skyfall, X132L, which shows what looks like a kitchen, and what it is is the kitchen carriage during the Hinx train fight, and that is scene 132, not roll X1 scene 32, as we know the fight is about 92 mins into the film. There are lots of clapperboards for Skyfall and Spectre which shows the alphanumeric code beginning with V. All of them are correctly numbered for where the scenes appear in the film; there is no need for a film roll number. Why can't rolls of film simply be the letter?

They can.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

edited September 2019 Posts: 630

there is nothing that makes that plate more road legal in Italy than the BMT one.
    both legal, none of them italian
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I wonder if we'll get a Matera video like we did for Jamaica?
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 940
    Great afternoon watching the filming. Got some cool photos and a nice clear video of DC interacting with Cary.

As suspected, they filmed close up shots of Bond/Swann in the car (the same scene they filmed a few weeks ago) whilst the actual driver sat on the roof. They did one take with the doubles inside the Aston Martin and Craig was watching (very carefully) from the street! I got a good picture of him and Cary looking on. There was also one take with them using the 360 camera (that formula 1 looking car) which sped around the same route that the Aston goes.
  • Does NTTD set up Bond 26?

big grain of salt, but this comes from @ggl007 - the story is that NTTD's ending will directly set up Bond 26.

With talk of a 'wedding' finale,the suggestion of a what a direct sequel would entail hardly needs explaining. The article seems to suggest Bond 26 would be filmed-back-to-back.

Personally, I highly doubt this. Eon struggled enough to get a script for one film - let alone, two!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Not buying it. I don't think Daniel would have repeatedly said this was his last if this were the case.
    Does NTTD set up Bond 26?

big grain of salt, but this comes from @ggl007 - the story is that NTTD's ending will directly set up Bond 26.

With talk of a 'wedding' finale,the suggestion of a what a direct sequel would entail hardly needs explaining. The article seems to suggest Bond 26 would be filmed-back-to-back.

Personally, I highly doubt this. Eon struggled enough to get a script for one film - let alone, two!

They're purely basing this off the odd clapperboard scene number so...yeah.
    perhaps @marketto007 and @ggl007 can explain us the basis of the assumption