That Sinking Feeling In Venice

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited April 2011 in MI6 Headlines & Feedback Posts: 1,380
In December 1978, the press were on hand to cover the filming of Moonraker in Venice amongst the tourists, student protests and suspected terrorists...

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/history_press_mr_venice.php3

<blockquote>Italy, today, is jittery about terrorism. The movie company has been exceptionally security conscious. And, as they prepared for the scene of the gondola zipping across St. Mark's Square, there were even more so.

One of the assistant directors looked at the crowd nervously. Then he went over to where Broccoli, executive producer Michael Wilson and director Lewis Gilbert were conferring. He said he suddenly noticed many young men in the crowd wearing armbands. He was right. Here and there, among the crowd of camera-carrying tourists, there were red armbands.

The film's executives alerted their security forces. "I think we're in for trouble," Wilson muttered.
</blockquote>

Comments

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited April 2011 Posts: 3,262
    Interesting. When I saw the title for this thread, I first thought it would be about the sinking house in Venice during CR's final battle.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited April 2011 Posts: 23,447
    Looks like the Bond crew has been in some wild situations before. I also remember a plane high jacking with - I believe - Peter Lamont on board.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Another great read courtesy of MI6. Please keep them coming and dig up some more.
    Quoting DarthDimi:
    Look like the Bond screw has been in some wild situations
    before. I also remember a plane high jacking with - I believe - Peter Lamont on
    board.
    And one passenger, when they found out Lamont worked on Bond, asked if he had any of Bond's gadgets with him! :-))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Quoting Samuel001: And one passenger, when they found out Lamont worked on Bond, asked if he had any of Bond's gadgets with him! :))
    Wouldn't you? ;;) I mean, come on. If I sat next to Mark Hamill, I'd beg him to use the Force. :"> Suppose I'd be seated next to Daniel Craig himself, I'd feel quite safe. ;))
    Scary times......