No Time to Die production thread

Comments

imranbecks wrote: »
    Still no sign of Craig. For being a Bond film, we are not seeing much of Bond himself now are we.....

Or any of the cast at all...

So weird.

Perhaps Daniel Craig agreed with EON that he isn't needed that often on set (Pinewood and on location). Craig is known to be a family man who can be acting on his terms, so he might as well visit his wife and little kid more often.

So secondly it could very well be that EON agreed with Craig to increase the use of doubles and 2nd units, as well as using more often 'CGI-faces' as compared to SF and SP.

Still, we don't know if NTTD is a more studio-based production. God knows what they have been doing there. But the almost complete absence of official production diaries.....it could have something to do with the SonyLeaks and that both MGM and EON have become very.....VERY protective about Craig's last Bond outing. And that therefore they really count mostly on good publicity from first press screenings late March, and that for the moment they take current negative publicity for granted; a calculated risk.

Another option is that they spread out filming more and that they will continue production until the end of November. Who knows. Maybe therefore we haven't seen Craig a lot either.

Valid points.

We know for a fact that the main cast will arrive next week. Shooting those scenes on the beach.

I just find it odd that filming is supposedly going to end in one month.. This is what we have seen so far in order of the alleged film sequence.

1) Norway PTS (young Swann/Malek) + scenes using doubles at pinewood for water tank filming.

2) Jamaica (Craig + main cast)

3) Cuba (Most likely Craig + Ana, villains/henchman)

4) Norway car chase (Doubles only)

5) Italy Car Chase (Doubles only)
    Scene 54. Same scene as the car chase in Rome (SP) for perspective. not the PTS.

6) MI6 interior scenes (Craig + cast)

7) River Thames (Bond/M/Tanner)

8) Q’s flat. (Bond/MP/Q)

Now speculation.

9) Beach scenes (Craig + Lea)

10) Castle interior scenes (Malek, Craig, maybe Lea)

11) Church interior scenes (Craig/Lea)

12) Swanns office interior scenes (Lea)

There's a lot that is very odd about the production schedule of NTTD.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Might be a repost of this angle here with the bike jump

Intriging running man :

BTW, curious about what Sassilive wrotre, I did some reshearch about the Festa della Bruna. This is what I found in french sites :

Madonna della Bruna is the protector of the troglodyte city of Matera. It is celebrated with a big party during which a procession brings together thousands of participants. According to tradition: on the morning of July 2 the statue of Mary is brought to the Piccianello church, only to be then walked through the city before reaching the cathedral [located Piazza Duomo] the evening when they turn three towers. The statue, accompanied by the archbishop, is placed in Cathedral while the chariot which transported it resumes its road in the direction of the city center where it is assaulted and dismembered by the crowd. The feast (Festa della Bruna) is prepared one month in advance with the (re) construction of a tank each year, with fireworks, in a delirious atmosphere. The procession of July 2nd is preceded by feast days through Matera.

So with this in mind shoud we situate this part of the film to a July 2 or its surroundings rather than easter ?

Sassilive updated with two pics from the set

james-bond-madonna-della-bruna-1.jpg
    james-bond-madonna-della-bruna-2-1.jpg
    Contraband wrote: »
    In total they have 32 sets in Italy and production shuts down Sept 21.

Sept 21, I doubt that very much. Italian media have already reported filming will continue into early October. MI6-hq.com has reported that the Italian filming continues to late October.
  • Yesterday, on the red carpet Ana de Armas was asked who she would pick over Captain America or James Bond. Ana's response was James Bond "as they were partners now". Either that meant she is a romantic interest of Bond or she works alongside him.

She has been rumoured to play someone who helps Bond for part of the mission. She may be Cuban Intelligence member or something........

ED5U18qW4AA17O3?format=jpg&name=medium
    ED5U18zXkAYNO8L?format=jpg&name=medium
    ED6L3nkXUAEDeE5?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    MemorableWealthyKronosaurus-size_restricted.gif
    Can this woman ever look not smoking hot? I guess not.
    Sapri location
    Don't know if there's any clues in text, as to why EON have chosen Sapri. The journalist describes the town, area, culture. Translated from italian:

"It is a small town in the province of Salerno, Sapri. It overlooks the Gulf of Policastro, in Campania, and is being talked about for a special reason: it is here, a few kilometers from the border with Basilicata, that Daniel Craig and Rami Malek will soon be spotted.

That the new chapter of the James Bond saga, entitled "No time to die", has chosen Italy as a set is certainly not a mystery: between Basilicata and Puglia, there are different corners of our country that will be the backdrop to the reckless stunts of the most famous secret agent of all time. Now, after Matera, Maratea and Gravina di Puglia, the time has come for the Sapri bell.

Here we will turn to the train station, the port and the Midnight Canal from 8 to 12 September, and later on 23. With great pride of the population and also of the mayor, who has decided to postpone the opening of schools to 16 to leave free areas for filming.

Surrounded by luxuriant nature, surrounded by the southern Apennines, Sapri is a corner of greenery and blue whose hills - behind it - are full of olive trees and oaks. Reaching it from the north, along State Road 18, you immediately come across a series of characteristic buildings: the Gothic complex of Santa Croce, the Specola (15 meters high tower built for astronomical observations in 1927), the church of the Immaculate with its splendid bronze portal, the remains of a Roman villa from the 1st century BC As evidence of how ancient this place is.

A place full of history, of course, but perfect (above all) for a beach holiday. The waters of Sapri are clear, the seabed is low and the sand is always clean: these are reasons that motivate its popularity especially among families with children. The Blue Flag and the Green Flag that has long obtained is its testimony.

With the monument to Carlo Pisacane (patriot) as a symbol - to symbolize the adventure of the "three hundred young and strong" who came here to fight tyranny and then ended up killed by the peasants incited by the Bourbons -, Sapri actually has a varied coastline, with the sand that prevails in the north and that alternates with rocks in the south. If you proceed towards the Mezzanotte Channel (on the border with Maratea), here you see caves, small ravines and rocks overlooking the sea.

From the beach, then, you can move inland. And here, make trekking routes suitable for beginners and professionals. The context is that of the Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park, which offers splendid routes such as the Sentiero Apprezzami l'asino, the L 'dell'Anello del Monte Ceraso and the Ascesa al Monte Coccovello. To enjoy an extraordinary panorama, on the sea and on the hill."

https://siviaggia.it/luoghi-da-film/sapri-cilento-james-bond/245818/

"James Bond is expected in Sapri. The next 8 September production and cast of B25 will be in the town of the Gulf of Policastro to shoot the twenty-fifth episode of the famous film series starring the British secret service agent created in 1953 by the writer Ian Fleming. Shooting will take place on September 10th, 11th and 23rd at the Railway Station, Port and Midnight Channel. In addition to Sapri, the film will feature Maratea, Matera and Gravina di Puglia."

https://www.infocilento.it/2019/09/04/dal-10-settembre-a-sapri-le-riprese-di-007/

And found this, Sapri live, with details

+++ SAPRI TURNS INTO A CINEMATOGRAPHIC SET: WAITING IN THE CITY FOR THE ARRIVAL OF THE TROUPE OF 007. HERE ARE THE PROVISIONS FOR TRANSPORT +++

There is anticipation - and much - for the arrival of the twenty-fifth production # 007 series film, working title # B25. Shooting in the city of the gleaner will be carried out in two steps: 10-11 September and then later 23-24 of the same month. In the first phase only the #stuntmen and the stand-ins will be present, while in the second phase they will arrive to record the protagonists, those who made the series great.

In #Sapri the arrival of the film crew has already helped to make the start of the schools slip a few days - also thanks to a summer season still in full swing -. This however will not be the only provision and the mayor Antonio Gentile has issued an ordinance which also establishes the viability in these two days in the areas concerned the filming of the film.

Here they are in detail:
    - no parking and transit on via D’Annunzio - parking and percatale area from 8am on Sunday 8 September to 12am on 12 September;
    - prohibition of vehicular and pedestrian transit from 2pm to 8.30pm on the SS18 between km 216 + 399 and 217 + 300, area inside the built-up area, with the exception of inhabitants and residents of the homes of San Giorgio; - no transit on the entire trail Appreciate the donkey from 2pm to 8pm on 10 and 11 September;
    - no parking in the parking area in front of the maritime district office from 12 September 9 to 12 on 12 September.

More details

"Bond 25" (whose release is expected at the beginning of 2020), but it will be enough to wait until next September 23, when the set, after stopping in Sapri and Maratea, will move for a few hours to San Nicola Arcella. According to rumors, the scenario will be that of the Arcomagno, the marine area characterized by a natural stone arch, about 20 meters high, which is the backdrop to an enchanting panorama and gives its name to the stretch of beach considered among the most beautiful at world.

Before deciding to shoot a short part of the film in San Nicola Arcella, it seems that the film production has also evaluated several other locations on the Riviera dei Cedri, which however did not meet the requirements. But there is little to take it. Although the set will move to the town led by mayor Barbara Mele, the staff of "Bond 25" seems to be interested in taking up the whole coastal panorama of the high Tyrrhenian coast of Cosenza, among which the largest island of Calabria stands out: the Island Dino, undisputed symbol of the city of Praia a Mare. A choice from which the entire territory will benefit and which will give the Tyrrhenian coast a world showcase.

https://lacnews24.it/cronaca/riviera-dei-cedri-internazionale-il-set-di-bond-25-si-spostera-a-san-nicola-arcella_97745/

More details

"Bond 25" (whose release is expected at the beginning of 2020), but it will be enough to wait until next September 23, when the set, after stopping in Sapri and Maratea, will move for a few hours to San Nicola Arcella. According to rumors, the scenario will be that of the Arcomagno, the marine area characterized by a natural stone arch, about 20 meters high, which is the backdrop to an enchanting panorama and gives its name to the stretch of beach considered among the most beautiful at world.

Before deciding to shoot a short part of the film in San Nicola Arcella, it seems that the film production has also evaluated several other locations on the Riviera dei Cedri, which however did not meet the requirements. But there is little to take it. Although the set will move to the town led by mayor Barbara Mele, the staff of "Bond 25" seems to be interested in taking up the whole coastal panorama of the high Tyrrhenian coast of Cosenza, among which the largest island of Calabria stands out: the Island Dino, undisputed symbol of the city of Praia a Mare. A choice from which the entire territory will benefit and which will give the Tyrrhenian coast a world showcase.

https://lacnews24.it/cronaca/riviera-dei-cedri-internazionale-il-set-di-bond-25-si-spostera-a-san-nicola-arcella_97745/

This town is next to the beach that Fukunaga snapped for his Instagram account. I suspect what they're also referring to here is the filming for that beach.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Wow basically they will shoot in every Southern Italy region. After Gravina di Puglia and Matera they will film in Sapri (Campania region), at Maratea's panoramic coastline (Basilicata region) and now also at the incredible Arcomagno beach in San Nicola Arcella (Calabria region) for a one day shoot. I believe this last location will replace the long rumored beach location of Marina di Pisticci.

The supposed wedding to take place here?

yescalabria_expedia_san_nicola_arcellaJPG-min.jpg
    This Italian website claims that after 23 Sept NTTD filming moves to a town called Cosenza, which is the furthest south filming has taken place so far.
    https://cosenza.gazzettadelsud.it/articoli/cultura/2019/09/08/san-nicola-arcella-set-a-cielo-aperto-per-le-riprese-del-nuovo-james-bond-8a528626-6774-4582-b347-30036c613e27/
  • RC7RC7
    This is excellent. The more Italy the better.
    To sum it up:
    -Sapri
    - Arcomagno beach / San Nicola Arcella
    - Coastal panorama of the high Tyrrhenian coast of Cosenza

Plus
    - Balcony set, Matera
    - Tunnel rig on street, Matera
    - Question mark for Gravina cemetary and the copy set in Matera.

Feel free to add / change
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Some amazing looking places. And most of them are really not that well known, or famous like Positano or Amalfi for example. And that's great cause Bond will put them on the map.
    On my way to Matera now.
    Mr Hot shot

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Mr Hot shot

Damn, he looks good.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Benny wrote: »
    Craig knows exactly how to handle the press. He didn't say it was his last (though it probably will be) only he thinks so. He still looks good enough to tackle another film if he wanted too.
    I'm sensing we're going to be getting more and more of these videos from now on, with Knives out coming soon, all questions from the media are going to include one about Bond. I have no problems with the way Craig handles them.

In general he has made some bad publicity errors if you ask me. Buttt as of late he is indeed more cheerful, handles the typical Bond questions better, and seems to be liking press interviews more as he did when he was in Jamaica. He's not as enthusiastic though as Tom Cruise, but that's Daniel. I especially liked his remark: "Who's Captain America???". Well done ;-).

But that's the thing, he's not Tom Cruise. I've never watched an interview and thought, ***** insert name would've done that better.
    Similarly Cruise was just as coy when asked about Bond at the Fallout premiere.
    Daniel Craig appeared cool, calm and collected in that video. The inevitable Bond questions, and he seemed to have his tongue firmly in cheek. :P
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Craig knows exactly how to handle the press. He didn't say it was his last (though it probably will be) only he thinks so. He still looks good enough to tackle another film if he wanted too.
    I'm sensing we're going to be getting more and more of these videos from now on, with Knives out coming soon, all questions from the media are going to include one about Bond. I have no problems with the way Craig handles them.

In general he has made some bad publicity errors if you ask me. Buttt as of late he is indeed more cheerful, handles the typical Bond questions better, and seems to be liking press interviews more as he did when he was in Jamaica. He's not as enthusiastic though as Tom Cruise, but that's Daniel. I especially liked his remark: "Who's Captain America???". Well done ;-).

But that's the thing, he's not Tom Cruise. I've never watched an interview and thought, ***** insert name would've done that better.
    Similarly Cruise was just as coy when asked about Bond at the Fallout premiere.
    Daniel Craig appeared cool, calm and collected in that video. The inevitable Bond questions, and he seemed to have his tongue firmly in cheek. :P

This is the thing "tom does it better than him" has taken over the forum for quite some time. I have watched some of his old interviews and I can tell he hasn't been very good with press until recently for a few years.

• edited September 2019 Posts: 940
    00Agent wrote: »
    Some amazing looking places. And most of them are really not that well known, or famous like Positano for example. And that's great cause Bond will put them on the map.
    On my way to Matera now.

See you at the bar this evening my friend. 😎🍸
    To sum it up:
    -Sapri

Plus
    - Balcony set, Matera

Plus church in the rock scenes.
    No filming today. Just walked past the ramp set. It's insane how steep the jump is close up. Practically vertical. The production team has laid cement over the cobbles to allow the bike to go at speed. Obviously they have plastic underneath so it can be taken out easily afterwards.

slyfox wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    Some amazing looking places. And most of them are really not that well known, or famous like Positano for example. And that's great cause Bond will put them on the map.
    On my way to Matera now.

See you at the bar this evening my friend. 😎🍸
    \m/
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400
    He looks slimmer than he did in SF and SP....more akin to the shape in QOS. But he has lost of his jawline from his Layer Cake and CR days.

I think Craig does look a lot better with skinny-fit ties. I'm not overly impressed with his tie choices in NTTD so far.

This is still the optimum look I've seen from DC back in 2008:

daniel-craig-flashbacks-of-a-fool-27.jpg

daniel-craig-and-satsuki-mitchell-uk-film-premiere-of-flashbacks-of-C2NWKC.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Also, it's confirmed that it's Bond who does the motorcycle jump.

18213350-7440375-image-m-39_1567938682002.jpg
    18213352-7440375-image-a-37_1567938333639.jpg

Also, it looks like Dali Bensallah firing the gun in the bottom photo - possibly confirming the theory that he is trying to kill Bond and Swann.
  • Filming will take place on the coast road south of Sapri:

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    To sum it up:
    -Sapri

Plus
    - Balcony set, Matera

Plus Isola Dino, which is super close from the Arcomagno beach.

Isola_Dino.jpg

grotta-azzurra.jpg

grotta-azzurra_500-e1554104865578.jpg?w=1080

isola-di-dino-19-3_xl.jpg

Nice trivia. San Nicola Arcella, Arcomagno Beach and Isola Dino are all part of the provence of Cosenza. Cubby's parents were born in Cosenza.

He looks slimmer than he did in SF and SP....more akin to the shape in QOS. But he has lost of his jawline from his Layer Cake and CR days.

I think Craig does look a lot better with skinny-fit ties. I'm not overly impressed with his tie choices in NTTD so far.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Also, it looks like Dali Bensallah firing the gun in the bottom photo - possibly confirming the theory that he is trying to kill Bond and Swann.

Where did you find the pics?? Taken by splashnewscom but their agency only sells to the press and paying customers.

If we can find more of those pics
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Where did you find the pics?? Taken by splashnewscom but their agency only sells to the press and paying customers.

Probably the Daily Mail
  • Contraband wrote: »

Probably the Daily Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7440375/James-Bond-No-Time-Die-filming-continues-high-octane-scenes.html
    Well well well... Cam chopper in Sapri today