No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    slyfox wrote: »
    Same gunshot scenes being filmed here in Matera as yesterday. They've cottoned on to people filming it on their phones and have put up some fabric netting over the fencing but you can still see it if you look closely.

Right now I'm standing next to the black Triumph motorbike that will be used for the big ramp stunt outside the Cathedral. A lot pf paramedics on standby. Hundreds of safety cardboard boxes laid out! There's a break for lunch now. Rehearsals starting in just over two hours.

So you're at the Piazza Duomo-area now, with the wooden ramp they built?

Cue lot's of pics and footage!!

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Station_Z wrote: »
    Regarding comments above about lack of action, isn't there supposed to be some kind of foot chase set in Cuba filmed at Pinewood? Also remember the letters to residents about gunfire at night. There is definitely some more action there. Think TWINE, all of the action at the caviar factory for instance was shot at Pinewood around the Paddock Tank.

The posts about lack of action are inaccurate, to say the least.

The 2nd Unit filmed quite a lot at Kingston harbour, we just didn't know.

Exactly.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited September 2019 Posts: 524
    [Edit: old picture, apparently. Carry along!]
    Looks old with that hair style

Well they did it.

Notice how there seems to be less and less people to capture footage at Matera? Maybe the end of the vacations? More security?
  • New look for Madeleine! Léa is looking wonderful!

from 2017:

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Station_Z wrote: »
    New look for Madeleine! Léa is looking wonderful!

from 2017:
    [snip]

My apologies, I stand corrected! Thanks for the keen eye!

New set

"Work on the construction of a tunnel that will be used for the filming of the film "No time to die" with James Bond started in via D’Addozio, near the church of San Agostino, in the Sasso Barisano of Matera. The work will be completed by the end of this week while filming should start on Monday 9 September.

It is a 32 open-air set commissioned by Lotus Production to Materan professionals, one of the four largest in the city of Matera along with that English cemetery near the church of Madonna delle Vergini in the Parco della Murgia Materana, at the Hotel Balcony Build under the piazzetta Pascoli viewpoint and at the jump set built in Gradoni Duomo.

Also for this set in via D’Addozio the person in charge of the works is the engineer from Milan, Fabio Mazzilli, the metal structure is from the company Zamar Srl of Bari while the safety manager is the engineer Luciano Dell’Acqua from the Firm Lambda."

james-bond-via-daddozio-2.jpg
    james-bond-via-daddozio.jpg
    james-bond-via-daddozio-3.jpg
    james-bond-via-daddozio-4.jpg

Sassilive

• edited September 2019 Posts: 3,160
    james-bond-via-daddozio.jpg
    Film “No time to die” con James Bond, lavori in corso per tunnel in via D’Addozio nei Sassi di Matera
    http://www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/film-no-time-to-die-con-james-bond-lavori-in-corso-per-tunnel-in-via-daddozio-nei-sassi-di-matera/

Some sort of tunnel being build
    "near the church of San Agostino, in the Sasso Barisano of Matera. The work will be completed by the end of this week while filming should start on Monday 9 September. It is a 32 open-air set commissioned by Lotus Production"

Also:

edited September 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Jump clip 2 (closer) and damn that's close to the edge. Cheezus

The other day

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    That bike jump :-O
    00Agent wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I can't wait to see a picture of Malek in character. His face can look creepy but I think it'll need some work.

In ture Fleming fashion they should give him some sort of disfigurement.
    Except for Greene, all Craig villains had a thing.

Even Greene, because of Mathieu Amalric face, had a tiny bit of something creepy in his appearance.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Today's stunt bike rehearsal at Piazza Duomo. Translated from Sassi live + five videos in the link

http://www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/film-no-time-to-die-con-james-bond-a-matera-foto-e-video-riprese-su-jump-set-allestito-su-gradoni-duomo-per-salto-centauro-su-moto-in-piazza-duomo/

"At around 14 pm in Duomo steps began the rehearsals of the shots on the jump set set up in Gradoni Duomo to allow the filming of one of the scenes of the film "No time to die" with James Bond. The official shooting, which will be filmed on Saturday 7th September, foresees the running on a platform of a motorcycle that will have to skip the wall that separates Piazza Duomo from the area below, Duomo steps, a place chosen by Lotus Production to build one of the 32 open-air sets .

The construction site is responsible for the Fabio Mazzilli engineer from Matera. The works were carried out by the carpenter of the Matera entrepreneur Antonio Cappiello and coordinated by Studio Lambda directed by the engineer Luciano Dell'Acqua from Matera.

(The following is a preview of the photos and videos of the filming and the order of the local Police governing vehicular and pedestrian traffic in Piazza Duomo and Via Gradoni Duomo.)

videos in the article

To enable the set-up and filming of the film "No time to die" with James Bond, an ordinance of the local police sector was issued which regulates vehicular and pedestrian traffic in Piazza Duomo and Via Gradoni Duomo.

The provision provides in particular:

the temporary establishment of the parking ban with forced removal of vehicles, from 00:01 on 30 August to 24:00 on 12 September 2019 and in any case until need ceases in Piazza Duomo, left side overlooking the viewpoint for the stalls reserved for the authorized , except for disabled people in the stalls reserved for this category of vehicle;

Temporary revocation and establishment of the parking ban with forced removal of parking spaces reserved for vehicles serving the disabled in Piazza Duomo, from 00:01 on 04 September to 22:00 on 07 September 2019 and from 20 : 00 of 09 September at 24:00 on 10 September 2019;

Temporary ban on vehicular and pedestrian transit in Piazza Duomo and Via Gradoni Duomo on 07 and 10 September 2019 limited to the moments and time necessary for filming, appropriately indicated by the staff in charge of the site.

The means used by the production company for filming are excluded from this provision."

• infoviseinfovise Ireland
    That's a really cool stunt, I wonder how it will look in the final product.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Edited all the raw footage together from todays bike stunt jump

And of course found this afterwards

Busy Busy Busy!!! :)] :bz
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Contraband wrote: »
    Edited all the raw footage together from todays bike stunt jump

And of course found this afterwards

I want to know who the ride is. That is one hell of a jump, and we know that EON likes to hire the best of the best for this sort of stuff. But Robbie Maddison is apprently not there, so who is?
    Just love this shot.

Know nothing about bikes. Is this a random one or used in the production?

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    00Agent wrote: »
    I can't wait to see a picture of Malek in character. His face can look creepy but I think it'll need some work.

In ture Fleming fashion they should give him some sort of disfigurement.
    Except for Greene, all Craig villains had a thing.

Even Greene, because of Mathieu Amalric face, had a tiny bit of something creepy in his appearance.

He wanted to have webbed fingers, I think I heard from the IMDB page.
    That stunt driver means business. High up... Dear lord

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    That bike jump is pretty impressive. Always nice to see real stunts as opposed to cgi.
    This sequence is looking like it could look awesome on the big screen, with lots of wow factor.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Benny wrote: »
    That bike jump is pretty impressive. Always nice to see real stunts as opposed to cgi.
    This sequence is looking like it could look awesome on the big screen, with lots of wow factor.
    I agree @Benny, I think this sequence may become an iconic fan favourite :)
  • It’s such a cool stunt, I kind of regret it’s done by a baddie. I assume. I know there have been some pics of the Craig stuntman on a bike, I’m not sure how to reconcile Bond being on a bike AND in the DB5.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Benny wrote: »

Absolutely. It seems the have this more "hands on", more rough feel that we also saw in "Mission: Impossible - Fallout".